Gymscool Part 2

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Gymscool Part 2

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

It wouldn't surprise me if they(or at least their parents) did. According to reports parentS complained about her using self harm as a threat. So this wasn't a one off thing.

Her floor is good, but nothing special, but her wolf turns are absolute garbage. Like they rarely look good when other people do them, but hers are bad. Also I feel like this idea that gymnast decline as they get older is proven less and less true. You see a lot of gymnast get better as they get older outside the US. And I think a big reason is depth and NCAA. US gymnast for the most part get once chance to make it to the highest level so they go all out at 16-18, because of how deep the field is, and how a lot wanna do NCAA. You see countries like Canada, GB, Japan, Brazil and the Nethlands who all have seasons vets who are much better in their 20's than as teens. But they have the "luxury" of being able to pace themselves slower, which isn't a bad thing unless they follow the same path as Romania(aka rely too heavily on vets, and pay zero attention to Jrs or when they see potential in one Jr. burn them out so fast). Again I kind of feel bad for Syd, she came in at the worst time for USAG, into the "worst" country for someone with her talent(would have made any other team), during the worst quad thanks to a pandemic. But hey, at least she's essentially guaranteed a scholarship to whatever school she wants so that's good!

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

tsangpogorge wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:48 pm
RazzleDazzle46 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:39 pm
Sydney dodged a bullet not going to MG Elite. I knew Maggie was a questionable coach, but things like threatening parents with suicide is insane. I didn't see that coming.
I wonder if the two ex MG gymnasts who recently joined FSG had to deal with threats and blackmail prior to making the switch?
With all the news coming out about Maggie, I'm almost positive that one of those gymnast(I know which one specifically) was the gymnast who fell after doing a skill she knew she couldn't do, they laughed at her, realised she was having a seizure, and later found out she fractured her skull.

SYD DODGED A DAMN ROCKET LAUNCHER. I don't think we'll hear her talk about it any time soon, but I wonder what it was like when she trained there for that week. Like just hearing how abusive maggie and victoria were, I struggle to believe that they could be perfectly on point and nice for a week with zero slip ups.

tsangpogorge
Learner
Learner

Post by tsangpogorge »

Good Lord that is sadistic but take encouragement from the fact that Maggie must feel extremely bitter to have lost two of her very best gymnasts and they're no longer part of that toxic environment. I think Syd only trained with MG Elite for a few days and was actually very complementary, you can hear for yourself around 1:00

She'd been with Mary for 10 years at that point so no wonder she was impressed also despite her psychotic behaviour Maggie has coached an Olympian and multiple National team members so she has an excellent understanding of the fundamentals of gymnastics but clearly views people as nothing more than commodities.

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Maggie didn't just lose her best gymnast, she lost her whole team.

And I don't think Maggie has excellent understanding of the fundamentals more than anyone else. Like she always liked to talk about how she took Riley who was a sub par LV 10 and made her an amazing elite. If you look at Riley's videos before she moved to MG everything she's known for now, she had before(Like she's ALWAYS had stunning lines and execution long before Maggie got to her). Also if you have an excellent understanding you don't give your athletes rhabdo, or force them to preform, or make them want to leave for university early. If you're breaking them, you're not doing it right. She got the results she got because she had talented girls who she could scare. Same with Marta who by all accounts wasn't much of a coach.

And Syd did a try out with her. I honestly don't know how Maggie was in those 5 days or so. Maybe she was nice. But even if she wasn't I can't see Syd at what 13 at the time being all "Hey guys, just did my try out at MG Elite. I didn't really like it because Maggie's training was a bit questionable". Either because she's 13 and doesn't wanna say anything bad that could ruin her chances as an elite. Or she may have thought Maggie's way of coaching was "normal"/5 days may not be enough to see her at 100% crazy.

MissRozzy
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by MissRozzy »

So Mary got married last month. She is 37 but looks like a 50 year old. Image

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Sydney had kidney surgery a few weeks ago(If you go to her tagged photos on insta there are recent posts from her parents). No clue if it's sever or not, or if it will affect her gymnastics.

f4k_oyevey
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by f4k_oyevey »

Oh no! I hope she is ok. I was just thinking about her the other day and wondering if we’d see her at Winter Cup, maybe not. Still super curious if she pursues NCAA as well. So many questions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pandoramia4
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Pandoramia4 »

It looks like Sydney Morris switched gyms and trains at Arena now

kittycat2
Informer
Informer

Post by kittycat2 »

i was looking at a lot of the coral girl’s instas recently just to see what they were up to. a lot of them are in college already or are finishing up their final years of high school. it’s so crazy that they’re not little girls anymore and most of them have moved on from gymnastics.
the one girl’s page who caught my eye was Via. the clothes that she wears in her posts and the way that she poses is a little much. i wouldn’t be surprised if she got comments from random men if you know what i’m talkin about. she goes to school in miami. i’ve never been there so idk if that’s a typical miami fit or just her style. definitely not the same girl that i remember watching in bratayley/donnelly vlogs

h0neydew
Learner
Learner

Post by h0neydew »

Nobody is active on this thread anymore, but Sydney Morris just graduated and is going to Long Island University. Katie Donelly (not sure how you spell her last name) has also just graduated but I’m not entirely sure which college she’s going to. I’m not entirely sure about the other “less prominent) girls, but the majority seem to be living normal lives nowadays.
honeydew

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

What the heck happend to Mia Dinoto? Turned into a over-religious nutcase.

h0neydew
Learner
Learner

Post by h0neydew »

I wouldn’t go as far as nutcase, but her content certainly seems to be very religious. She’s been like that for a few years now but it’s gotten more prominent with time if you know what I mean.
honeydew

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Saw Arden in the latest Donnelly vlog. It's been years since I saw her. :D

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

h0neydew wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:26 am
I wouldn’t go as far as nutcase, but her content certainly seems to be very religious. She’s been like that for a few years now but it’s gotten more prominent with time if you know what I mean.
Oh she's for sure a nutcase. She has been a very vocal about being anti choice for eons now. I would not be surprised if most of her beliefs were that extreme.

Also maybe check out her video titled PROOF The BIBLE is Inspired by GOD! | Chemistry & Numerical EVIDENCE for GOD!

Does anyone know why Sydney changed gyms? Weren't there a few of them who left First State?

kittycat2
Informer
Informer

Post by kittycat2 »

here’s what i found about what each Coral Girl is up to now:

Aaliyah: she’s a level 10 gymnast at Win-Win and is about to be a senior
Amanda: she’s 20 and goes to College of Charleston
Annie/Jules: 17 and living the LA life
Arden: doesn’t post much on her public acc but she’s about to be a senior. she did pole vault with Katie D and Sydnastical but i’m not sure if she still does
Chelsea: her insta is private but she graduated hs this year and is going to the Air Force Academy according to her bio
Emelia: i’m not sure how old she is but i’m assuming still in high school. she does acro now
Hailey: she’s about to be a sophomore at NC state and does gymnastics, she’s also a barstool athlete
Katie D: just recently turned 18, graduated hs, and is now doing summer semester at Florida State. she tried out for cheer there but didn’t make it. she’s hoping to rush and maybe try club cheer or gymnastics
Katie O/Peanut: she’s a gymnast at SUU. i think she’s about to be a sophomore??
Kenzie: she’s about to be a senior. she took an acro class with Ms. Carrie in December but not sure if she still does. i think she’s mainly living the normal high school teen life. she’s really good friends with Sydnastical too
Liv: graduated high school and gonna start college at University of Vermont
Mia: she’s 19, still does YouTube, and is very religious
Syd: graduated hs and is gonna go to Long Island State with a full athletic scholarship
Tabitha/TJ: she graduated hs last year but idk if she decided to go off to college.
Via: about to be a sophomore at UMiami. she posts a lot of scandalous pictures but seems to be living the life like a normal college student
Coach Mary has a daughter that’s under a year old and Kim has a 4 year old daughter and 3 year old son

i might be missing people

tsangpogorge
Learner
Learner

Post by tsangpogorge »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:39 pm

Oh she's for sure a nutcase. She has been a very vocal about being anti choice for eons now. I would not be surprised if most of her beliefs were that extreme.

Also maybe check out her video titled PROOF The BIBLE is Inspired by GOD! | Chemistry & Numerical EVIDENCE for GOD!

Does anyone know why Sydney changed gyms? Weren't there a few of them who left First State?
They moved to Jersey which is closer to her dad's works in New York but I get the feeling it wasn't an amicable departure, she doesn't follow her old gym's IG and rarely interacts with her old team mates, also a former 1st Class Gymnast (now competing for Syd's old gym FSG) made the national team as an alternate for Pan Ams. Regarding Mia, wasn't she dealing with an ED and depression? I feel the whole Bible thumping persona is just a coping mechanism and a way to boost self esteem.

h0neydew
Learner
Learner

Post by h0neydew »

Mia’s made several videos on abortion, which are… interesting. She’s getting a lot of backlash.
honeydew

kittycat2
Informer
Informer

Post by kittycat2 »

anyone know the girl that’s between Liv and Annie, the one with her back against Arden’s, and the one doing the splits?

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

tsangpogorge wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:01 pm
RazzleDazzle46 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:39 pm

They moved to Jersey which is closer to her dad's works in New York but I get the feeling it wasn't an amicable departure, she doesn't follow her old gym's IG and rarely interacts with her old team mates, also a former 1st Class Gymnast (now competing for Syd's old gym FSG) made the national team as an alternate for Pan Ams. Regarding Mia, wasn't she dealing with an ED and depression? I feel the whole Bible thumping persona is just a coping mechanism and a way to boost self esteem.
This also makes sense as to some of the reasons as to why LIU would be appealing. It's a school where she is bound to make lineups and she's not too far from home.

And Mia did deal with an ED and depression, and I think it was coping, but also those were her beliefs to begin with. I have seem people in positions like her where they take something they legit like and take it to the extreme as a substitute. She seems to chosen to be intense with religion and working out. That being said she clearly came from an already conservative family, so the seed to grow into what she is now was probably always there.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Sydney Morris is attending Long Island University for Gymnastics

Return to “Gymscool”