Safiya White and the Seven Editors - Part 5

ThunderHam
Learner
Learner

Re: Safiya White and the Seven Editors - Part 5

Post by ThunderHam »

Chicago isn’t exactly cheap, either. I think lockdown has made a lot of people reevaluate priorities and for them that means moving closer to family.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

princesspuffypants wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:28 am
I see that the https://www.safiyasnewintrosong.com/ wix website she made with the blog post with why she stopped uploading is no longer available. I wonder what happened there.
Aaaaand it's back. Wonder if her staff reads here haha

lissyannem13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lissyannem13 »

simsons wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:53 pm
Any idea where exactly they're moving to? I know they said they wanted to move back east but did they ever mention where?
According to an Instagram story from yesterday, they moved to Philadelphia.

Another hot take from me, but this seems sort of irresponsible for them to move again so quickly and across the country at that. Although they probably have more money than I’ll ever see in my life, so there’s that.

Bop87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bop87 »

lissyannem13 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:05 pm
simsons wrote:
Any idea where exactly they're moving to? I know they said they wanted to move back east but did they ever mention where?

Another hot take from me, but this seems sort of irresponsible for them to move again so quickly and across the country at that. Although they probably have more money than I’ll ever see in my life, so there’s that.
I’m confused, didn’t they already move? In her shopping on ig video they were in a new house.

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

Bop87 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:27 pm
lissyannem13 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:05 pm
simsons wrote:

I’m confused, didn’t they already move? In her shopping on ig video they were in a new house.
They bought and moved into a cookie cutter youtuber type house at the beginning of 2020. I’m assuming they put it on the market immediately after they came up with the idea and it took this long to sell.

WeiWeiWei
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WeiWeiWei »

soooo, should we talk about the 10 videos she supposedly filmed in July to be released in 2020? Only put three out and hasn't posted in almost 3 months..........

yandrak
Learner
Learner

Post by yandrak »

I don't think she's gonna post them. When she posted on ig stories that they were moving in december she said something like they felt they were going nowhere with them, and a few days ago she posted an update saying she was editing the moving vlog so...

youtubewallflower
Lurker
Lurker

Post by youtubewallflower »

Safiya is from the Hyde Park area in Chicago and Tyler is from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. After her and Tyler left Stanford University housing and while working for Buzzfeed and Nextbeat, they lived in an apartment on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles. Then, they moved into that industrial looking apartment in the Atwater area of Los Angeles. The cookie cutter home they purchased in Studio City back in 2020 is 3.5 million dollars and still for sale! No one is able to purchase a home like that in these times.. :rofl:

I'm sure after careful thinking they figured it's better for them to live on the East Coast near both their families. Are they living in an apartment in Philadelphia? I would love to see what it looks like, I'm sure with their taste it's amazing!

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

They really have too much money in the bank huh
I have no fucks left to give.

Wheresthecake
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Wheresthecake »

How does someone that never posts anything actually stay relevant? It seriously blows my mind how she can barely do her literal job for an entire year, yet have people telling her not to stress and that they’ll be here when she’s ready to post and still get decent views/income. She’s constantly coddled for doing the bare minimum, and even that seems to be too much for her. How can she call herself a content creator while hardly doing just that? Is there even a legit reason for the insane gaps between uploads? I’ve heard the mental health excuse from her which obviously is a valid reason one might struggle in their day to day happenings, not trying to invalidate anyone’s struggles, but if that’s her only excuse then she’s plain taking advantage of the situation fully knowing that she can keep up her lifestyle while not having to do any of the work until she feels ready to put in a few hours every few months because she’s got loyal followers. Meanwhile if it was a typical offline job she probably would have been fired long ago for needing so much time off. If your mental health really is that bad because of your job, then you need to consider something else career wise instead of pulling these stunts of posting one video then disappearing for months time and time again and then seeking sympathy from your followers for not doing your own job that you gave to yourself. It just really bothers me that it’s been a pattern and people seem okay with it.

myspaxdaya
Stalker
Stalker

Post by myspaxdaya »

Does anyone know why all her editors quit? I only see Safiya and Tyler's name on their "Team Saf" on youtube now

yandrak
Learner
Learner

Post by yandrak »

She never said why. And apparently there was a job listing on her linkedin page recently looking for editors or something.

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

Probably because Saf is insufferable. Can't believe I use to be such a fan of hers during her ladylike days. She seemed like such a go getter and so hardworking compared to the rest of ladylike. Now she's just doing absolutely nothing except the occasional posting about her mug collection or some sort of throwback because TBTs are the only things she can post now since she has done nothing new in so long.
In 2020 she posted only 8 videos. That is less than one a month, most of them were at the earlier half of the year and 2 are related to her wedding, another 2 are soap videos. Wtf.

youtubewallflower
Lurker
Lurker

myspaxdaya wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:54 am
Does anyone know why all her editors quit? I only see Safiya and Tyler's name on their "Team Saf" on youtube now
From what I noticed, she's always had a revolving door of editors. She used to list each editor who worked on the specific video in the description box, but it looks like she's removed a lot of it..

From my research, it looks like editors Claire Wiley left in November 2020, Mai Linh Nguyen left in December 2020, Ben Chrobak-Prince left in June 2020, Emily Linden left in September 2020, and Josephine Elise-Latino left in June 2020. I'm assuming the few that were left quit or got fired/laid off. Weird!

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

I mean I wonder if the videos aren't coming out because of the leaving editors, or if the editors are leaving because there are no videos coming out. I'm going to believe it's the latter. Safiya has gotten so lazy, preferring to just pot about the house in her black batwing outfits, sipping teas from her weird cups and watching Netflix.
She knows people are loyal enough to hang onto her channel anyway despite how low quality and low effort her videos are. All she needs to do is another
"mix X number of Y together" or
"weird items I'm buying from X" or
"I let X choose my Y for a week" or something along those lines and people will eat it up, her videos will always be in the million view range.
Take another YouTuber for instance, Michael Reeves. He posts videos between months or silence. But you can tell his videos are always top quality and work and effort actually go into each and every one of them. He doesn't just spend $500, wait 2 months for delivery, put on a mini fashion show, and call it a day.

youtubewallflower
Lurker
Lurker

Penelope penny wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:56 pm
I mean I wonder if the videos aren't coming out because of the leaving editors, or if the editors are leaving because there are no videos coming out. I'm going to believe it's the latter. Safiya has gotten so lazy, preferring to just pot about the house in her black batwing outfits, sipping teas from her weird cups and watching Netflix.
She knows people are loyal enough to hang onto her channel anyway despite how low quality and low effort her videos are. All she needs to do is another
"mix X number of Y together" or
"weird items I'm buying from X" or
"I let X choose my Y for a week" or something along those lines and people will eat it up, her videos will always be in the million view range.
Take another YouTuber for instance, Michael Reeves. He posts videos between months or silence. But you can tell his videos are always top quality and work and effort actually go into each and every one of them. He doesn't just spend $500, wait 2 months for delivery, put on a mini fashion show, and call it a day.
Her and Tyler have always been so lazy/taking breaks, but burn themselves out pushing content (when they are creating). Oh well, they need a healthy work/life balance and I hope they find that.

Yeah I agree, her content is stale and meaningless. There's nothing to gain from watching them, only mundane entertainment and background noise. I think she's stuck in her Buzzfeed ways of creating "viral" content. Since moving to Pennsylvania, I'm not sure they'll have much trendy/viral things to film anymore like they did in Los Angeles. Maybe they want to have a baby or something :rofl: Good luck to them!

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Post by PugsleyWednesday »

youtubewallflower wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:14 pm

Her and Tyler have always been so lazy/taking breaks, but burn themselves out pushing content (when they are creating). Oh well, they need a healthy work/life balance and I hope they find that.

Yeah I agree, her content is stale and meaningless. There's nothing to gain from watching them, only mundane entertainment and background noise. I think she's stuck in her Buzzfeed ways of creating "viral" content. Since moving to Pennsylvania, I'm not sure they'll have much trendy/viral things to film anymore like they did in Los Angeles. Maybe they want to have a baby or something :rofl: Good luck to them!
Oh they moved? I had always wondered why they chose to stay in LA, when they never did utilize the area at all! Plus I assume a more expensive area? I know she said months ago she was having a hard time, away from friends and family and being so far away from them in LA etc - and I remember thinking then, well why are you there?? She could do her very limited content anywhere she likes, there's literally no advantage to her being in LA with what little she has going on.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

They moved, but not close to any family as far as we know, so I guess they just wanted to get out of LA. I mean, it's technically closer than they were before, but when they're still a six hour drive or a flight away from family, it's not really that practical. I grew up in New England, then moved to Texas. My mom's from NM, so we assumed we'd see them more often. But we definitely saw them the same amount lol--it's a long ass drive and flying is a hassle.

Btw, since people in haven't mentioned it, we're (those of us in the other discord) pretty sure they moved to Raleigh, not PA or Chicago. This based on one of her stories and some jobs listings posted for a production team on FB and LinkedIn.

lissyannem13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lissyannem13 »

milanese15 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:06 pm
Btw, since people in haven't mentioned it, we're (those of us in the other discord) pretty sure they moved to Raleigh, not PA or Chicago. This based on one of her stories and some jobs listings posted for a production team on FB and LinkedIn.
Nah, per her Instagram they moved to Philadelphia

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

They visited family in Philadelphia and location tagged it while there, but it doesn’t seem they moved there

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”