Breaking up - do you think there's a chance?

bebooo
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Breaking up - do you think there's a chance?

Post by bebooo »

I've been with my (ex?) boyfriend for 2 and a half years. This year we had plans to move in together in April, and go to Mexico in this summer.

We got into a fight. One that we have often, we always work it out. It's basically about not spending enough time together or utilizing our time that we have together. We only see each other once a week because of work for him, and school for me. I suggested if he doesn't want to be here maybe he should go home (I didn't yell it, he looked upset so I thought maybe he wanted the day to relax and stuff before he starts the work week again). He went home in a frenzy fit, said he feels like something is missing. He can't do this anymore, he needs time to think.

He went home, I asked him to please let me go there and talk to him in person. He said fine but it won't change his mind (this all happening an hour or two after the fight where he left). It's the morning of, and I really want to talk to him. I really think he's making this decision too quickly and that it's a huge mistake. Last night he told me about how he wants to enjoy life, he wants to make lots of money, go traveling and do whatever he wants. I'm 20, he's 21, turning 22 in April.

I feel like it's just a mid life crisis he's having, he's scared about where he is in life and he all he can think of is blame me because he was angry at the time.

My question for you GG's is do you think there's a chance?

We have a great relationship, we fight occasionally about stupid things like most couples but we always always get through it. We've been through way worse than this and we got through it. He claims that he's "lost it all for me" but it doesn't add up. I guess I've been analyzing how he's been lately before this and everything seems the same nothing out of the ordinary... you know that feeling you get where you just know that's not true? that's what I get when he says he doesn't love me anymore. I think his attitude is just different because he's freaking out about his life right now I know he;s unhappy about where he is financially and stuff. I want to talk to him and fix this. Be there for him and help him through it. He said he'll take some time to rethink about it, but right now he's pretty set. But he also said that when he was still upset he didn't truly have time to himself to think.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Breaking up - do you think there's a chance?

Post by Diorette »

I think there's a chance, people can act very different when they're mad/frustrated but that doesn't mean that what they say is true, we often say things that we don't even mean when we feel stressed, I would say give him time to think and relax.

justanotherhater

Re: Breaking up - do you think there's a chance?

Post by justanotherhater »

Give him time, if he's still set in his ways then I say let him go. You said he said he doesn't love you anymore, and that says a lot to me. He seems like he doesn't want to take on the commitment of moving in together (which is a big commitment) because he might not be ready at this point in his life. Obviously, that's what I get from your post and there's a lot about the dynamic of your relationship that I'm not familiar with but I hope this helps.

Return to “Breaking Up”