Your Pets

haylen
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Your Pets

Post by haylen »

I apologize if there's already a thread about this, I couldn't find one when I searched, it can just be merged if there is!

I'd love to see pictures & hear about everyone's pets currently or ones they've had as kids.

haylen
Debater
Debater

Re: Your Pets

Post by haylen »

I have an 8 1/2 month old chihuahua/miniature pinscher mix named Blair. I got her when she was about 5 weeks old and she's my little best friend. She's my first dog that's mine (I had dogs growing up that were family pets), but nothing compares to the love & loyalty of your own dog. I could go on forever with silly stories and things she's done.

Here she is at 5 weeks the day I got her.

About a month ago on a car ride, thankfully she loves being in the car and is well behaved. My family is an 8 hour drive away so it would be a rough trip if she didn't enjoy them.

She was so tiny when I first got her, she's grown a little but not too much. She's classified as a 'toy' size, but a lot of heart and energy in her tiny bones!

IGaveUpSugar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IGaveUpSugar »

We have a 16 month old orange tabby boy and 2, 11 month old Maine Coon girls. We've had them since March. They are beyond precious. <3

We had a 16 year old black kitty who was our baby. We lost her in Feb. It was heartbreaking. We adopted the 3 we have now shortly thereafter because we couldn't stand the emptiness in our house.
Sugar Neaux

AngelPrincess
Informer
Informer

Post by AngelPrincess »

I have a 12 year old short haired Dachshund shes about to turn be 13 on Halloween :D I got her when I was six and I just love her so much. My username is actually her name first name Angel middle name Princess. Don't judge me I was six lol. my whole family actually owns the litter, Sparky, Daisy, Smokey and Prince. They rarely see each other but whenever my family gets to together we bring out dogs and its like a reunion for them they'll play with each other for hours and then they'll lay by each other when they get tired. Angel won't really play with any other dogs besides her brothers and sister. She's also thinks she's so tough she'll attack golden retrievers and bark at them and the sad part is most of them actually get scared. I honesty cant imagine my life without her. once I start up my own family I'm definitely going to get my kids a dog or two.

this is her begging for food lol

delicatepearl
Talker
Talker

Post by delicatepearl »

I have a 2 year old grey and white indoor shorthair cat named Smokey. He's mine but he's my whole family's world, we have him so spoiled! Lol, he is VERY sooky, a picky eater... He knows what he wants!! and quite an interesting personality if he doesn't get his way! I swear he thinks he's a dog sometimes. He even puts up his paw when we ask him to before we give him wet food! We have had him since he was 7 weeks, but seen him since the night he was born (my bf's family owned his mother) he's the only pet I've ever had besides a gold fish I had when I was 6, named Big Tail lol.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

This is my 10 year old Irish soft coated weaten terrier. Her name is My, which makes no sense in English, but she's named after a Finnish cartoon called Moomin. She's getting old, and has osteoporosis, but she's still amazing. Her favorite food is cheese puffs, and other human foor. She's so weird. :love2:

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

WiiKristina wrote:Image
This is my 10 year old Irish soft coated weaten terrier. Her name is My, which makes no sense in English, but she's named after a Finnish cartoon called Moomin. She's getting old, and has osteoporosis, but she's still amazing. Her favorite food is cheese puffs, and other human foor. She's so weird. :love2:
We have a wheaten terrier too! She is the absolute sweetest dog I've ever met. We got her from an animal shelter 9 years ago, and we think she's probably around 10. There are a lot of wheaten terriers in the area where we got her, so we think she may have come from a puppy mill (hence her not-docked tail). But she's great nonetheless :D

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

kittykat wrote:We have a wheaten terrier too! She is the absolute sweetest dog I've ever met. We got her from an animal shelter 9 years ago, and we think she's probably around 10. There are a lot of wheaten terriers in the area where we got her, so we think she may have come from a puppy mill (hence her not-docked tail). But she's great nonetheless :D

Her fur is so different then my dogs fur! Haha, I've never seen any other wheaten with fur quite like my dogs fur.
It's actually illegal to dock dogs tails here, so she still has her tail. Wheatens aren't really that common here, so we got ours from a breeder. I'd love to adopt a pet some time though!

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

WiiKristina wrote:
kittykat wrote:We have a wheaten terrier too! She is the absolute sweetest dog I've ever met. We got her from an animal shelter 9 years ago, and we think she's probably around 10. There are a lot of wheaten terriers in the area where we got her, so we think she may have come from a puppy mill (hence her not-docked tail). But she's great nonetheless :D

Her fur is so different then my dogs fur! Haha, I've never seen any other wheaten with fur quite like my dogs fur.
It's actually illegal to dock dogs tails here, so she still has her tail. Wheatens aren't really that common here, so we got ours from a breeder. I'd love to adopt a pet some time though!
I noticed that yours is very curly! Lily gets groomed because she gets really hot and won't let us do it, so they blow dry her which makes her hair less curly. If we let it air dry, it's a little curlier. We were so lucky to find what is believed to be a purebred wheaten at a shelter. That's definitely not common since they're not the most common breed. We weren't looking for a specific breed or anything, but they are so great. I think they're the perfect size. I just love 'em! There's definitely nothing wrong with the tail. I think the way they dock it on wheatens is sort of an awkward length anyway lol.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

kittykat wrote:I noticed that yours is very curly! Lily gets groomed because she gets really hot and won't let us do it, so they blow dry her which makes her hair less curly. If we let it air dry, it's a little curlier. We were so lucky to find what is believed to be a purebred wheaten at a shelter. That's definitely not common since they're not the most common breed. We weren't looking for a specific breed or anything, but they are so great. I think they're the perfect size. I just love 'em! There's definitely nothing wrong with the tail. I think the way they dock it on wheatens is sort of an awkward length anyway lol.
The funny thing is that my dog is purebred, with an award winning father. I guess she was the odd one out of the bunch. We've tried having her coat longer, but it was just a horrible mess, so we prefer to keep it really short. She also seems more comfortable with it short anyway. The wheaten is just a great breed, especially since they don't shed, and they're not too big. They also don't have many herreditary diseases, because they're not very common!

PyroMakeup
Informer
Informer

Post by PyroMakeup »

Here's my sister with my dog Dexter! He's a miniature schnauzer. :)

haylen
Debater
Debater

Post by haylen »

Aww! Thank you guys for sharing! I wasn't sure if this thread would get any attention. I love the pictures! :love2:

My boyfriend and I are at the stage of thinking about getting another dog. We both really love boxers but a purebred one would be pretty expensive and we're really big advocates of rescuing so will probably put that on the back burner for a few years. Blair is going through her first season right now, so once we get into November we will have her fixed and start to look. I would really prefer to get another female dog but we're not sure how well that would work. Does anybody have two dogs of the same/opposite sex? Any help would be really great, we're trying to talk to anyone who has two dogs to see if there will be chances of lots of fighting between them. We will plan on taking her with us to the humane society to see how she initially reacts to another dog. This has been a wall of text, sorry!

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

We got a second dog yesterday! He's a 7 month old parti yorkie. Name TBD. He's extremely shy, which is why his breeder kept him so long looking for the right home. He's doing okay with our other animals, so I'm really pleased with that. :)

haylen
Debater
Debater

Post by haylen »

Oh my gosh kittykat! My heart is melting. So adorable!!

FutureRN92
Learner
Learner

Post by FutureRN92 »

I've yet to figure out how to post pictures on here, otherwise I'd include pictures.
But I have a mutt, who is mainly a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and is my princess. Her name is Maggie. She is going on 13, and we have had her since she was 9 months old. She is getting VERY old and has scared us multiple times with the whole "death" scene...like literally faking death. It's kinda scary, but other than that she is overall very healthy. :)
Then we have two kitties, an indoor and an outdoor one. The indoor one is a hemingway buff tabby like cat. He is 15 (also very old), and we have had him since he was one. His name is Kosmo. If you don't know what a hemingway cat is, you should look it up. It's a cat that has 6 toes on each foot. It's pretty cool :)
Then the outdoor kitty is Mushu. He is a ALMOST black and white cat. I say almost because he has a reddish tint to his black. He is a mainecoon so he is a big boy. His record was 24 pounds, but we think he is FINALLY starting to lose weight. So he is at like 20 now. Which actually is almost normal for a mainecoon! :)

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Your Pets

Post by white trash sparkles »

Callie "little kitty". Our six month old kitten.

Return to “Pets”