Is he genuinely into me? help needed

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Is he genuinely into me? help needed

Post by Layla0606 »

Hey guys, some advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am with my bf since about 10 months ago. For the most part everything's ok, but he has a crush on someone he met a few months before me. She lives far from where he does so they only met once and the facebook conversations died out so they never talked much really. (I realized all this by stalking his facebook). The weird thing is he never uploads anything about me/tags me in literally anything ever (on facebook), which is obviously so that she and maybe others as well don't know that he isn't single.
Otherwise he is nice really, I met his family and all that jazz, no issues.

But this makes me feel like a replacement. What do I do?

1million
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Is he genuinely into me? help needed

Post by 1million »

Does he often upload pictures of him with other people and always tag them?

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

1million wrote:Does he often upload pictures of him with other people and always tag them?
nah, never.

Justalkin
Informer
Informer

Post by Justalkin »

So he has absolutely no pictures of both of you anywhere on his social media? Not even posts where he says he's in a relationship?

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

Justalkin wrote:So he has absolutely no pictures of both of you anywhere on his social media? Not even posts where he says he's in a relationship?
nothing (I don't have much either tbh)

Justalkin
Informer
Informer

Post by Justalkin »

ok well it could be that he either wants to be private about it (some guys aren't about that "show off my relationship on social media" kind) or he's taking things slow. Have you asked him about it? If you ask him and he objects, depending on what reason he gives you, that's where it could be a red flag. If he's giving you all the signs that he doesn't want others to know he is in a relationship, it could be his way of "keeping his options" open. However if you met his family already that's a pretty big deal. Most guys don't bring a girl home to their family if they thought it wasn't going to last. When you stalked his facebook how did you conclude he had a crush on that girl that lives far away? is he flirty with her?

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

Justalkin wrote:ok well it could be that he either wants to be private about it (some guys aren't about that "show off my relationship on social media" kind) or he's taking things slow. Have you asked him about it? If you ask him and he objects, depending on what reason he gives you, that's where it could be a red flag. If he's giving you all the signs that he doesn't want others to know he is in a relationship, it could be his way of "keeping his options" open. However if you met his family already that's a pretty big deal. Most guys don't bring a girl home to their family if they thought it wasn't going to last. When you stalked his facebook how did you conclude he had a crush on that girl that lives far away? is he flirty with her?
we talked about it and it's all good now. he had a crush on her right before he met me and for some reason they kept liking the other's fb posts (not often at all, 1/2 likes per month or so). I have to admit they have the same exact hobbies and interests.. Now I made him delete her cause he admitted there's no reason of keeping her on his fb list. there was never any flirtation at all.

Kraminari
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kraminari »

Could be that he's still hung up on her and hoping that they will eventually get together.

Return to “Dating”