Bad Mothers - Mommy Dearest Files

Bad Mothers - Mommy Dearest Files

Post by Guest »

A section to talk about our mothers (or even fathers!) who were simply not able to fulfill their responsibilities to us as children and now as adults. Feel free to vent or tell your story.

--

It surprises me how common it is when you speak to people online just how many have serious issues with a parent, or both. But it's still so very hidden in the mainstream world. People are always willing to second-guess the situation when you tell them you don't have contact with a parent. It sucks that they blame you and think that you should still have a relationship with your abuser, because they're you're Mother and they meant well. lol. In no other circumstance does that happen, but when it comes to Mothers people just can't see it. They don't realize just how manipulative these people are, and just what a good show they can put on. Also how they also can manipulate the kid into believing that it's perfectly normal, and that elsewhere is far far worse. So you play along.

--

My story is that my mother was/still is really mentally ill, with what I am not 100% certain. I can only assume borderline personality, maybe bipolar?
I've found a lot of comfort in reading threads and books about narcissistic and borderline mothers, which so many of the stories from others I could relate to, entirely.

She was abusive, aggressive, yet played the victim a lot, very depressed and restless, blamed everyone else for her own circumstances. Wouldn't do a thing to help herself. Couldn't stand anyone around her being happy, or doing anything new or something she wouldn't choose. Always have a backbiting criticism and scathing remark for anyone, only behind their back. But more to our face for those in house. She was very good at putting on a fascade in public, which made it all the more bizarre. The distrust and manipulation she sowed into me very early on still effects me in even trusting myself.

That song by Kelly Clarkson - Because of You - felt like such a great example of my feelings when it came out in 2004, and still rings true today.

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bad Mothers - Mommy Dearest Files

Post by no_strings »

I'd like to hear your story <3

Ahhhh... Edit to say didn't see you posted it already (smacks forehead)
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

Return to “Family”