Does adultery and alcoholism affect the consequences of divo

Effys
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Does adultery and alcoholism affect the consequences of divo

Post by Effys »

please help me figure this out! i know this is a more intense topic for this forum but i really need helo.
My dad has been cheating on my mom, lying about everything, denying everything, and being verbally abusive. We have caught him sending disgusting things to other women and we have screenshots of everything he's sad with her. He has also become an extreme daily drinker (alcoholic) and he turns aggressive and violent constantly. He drives drunk 90% of the time and drives drunk. We had to call the police on him once and he pretended like nothing was wrong. He wakes up from a traumatic night before and expects us to forgive him over and over again.
My parents didn't have a prenup. My dad keeps playing the victim and saying "if i leave, i get half of all the money." my dad hasn't had a job in 20+ years and never brought in any revenue whatsoever.
if divorce were an issue, would it still require them to split everything 50/50? even with all the terrible things he's done?
for the record, i live in michigan

ThisIsLiss
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Does adultery and alcoholism affect the consequences of

Post by ThisIsLiss »

While I really can't help you (I don't live in the US and have no idea about your laws), I do hope things end well for you and your mom. Your description sounds horrible, and I'm sorry you have to go through this. I wish you & your mom the very best <3

Return to “Family”