Cloth Diapering?

kaylie27
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cloth Diapering?

Post by kaylie27 »

Hi! I am expecting a little girl in January and I am very excited. I wanted to know if there are any moms out there that cloth diaper? I really want to try it because I took environmental science in college and I am all about not have the chemicals that the disposable diapers have. Can anyone give me a list of pros and cons, and their experiences?

WheresMyCoffee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Cloth Diapering?

Post by WheresMyCoffee »

Congrats on your daughter! I cloth diaper... It can be hard to get started because there is so much information and different kinds of diapers to use...all in ones, all in twos, pockets, prefolds etc.... My favorite kind personally is Funky Fluff.
I have a son and a daughter.. My son started leaking through his diapers (bum genius all in ones) when he was about 16 months old.. tried everything but had to put him in disposables at night, other wise he would wake up soaking. I am using those same bum genius on my daughter (5 months) and they are working great. Guess he is just a heavy wetter.
Now for pros.. cheaper, environmentally friendly, cute, no diaper rashes
cons... I think the cons can sound overwhelming and they arent. For instance, laundry... in reality it will probably onlt be a load or two extra a week (depends on how many diapers you get and how often you wash. I suggest washing every 2-3 days, never any longer.) Sometimes you will have to "strip" the diapers, and you should dry them outside or on a line inside so that is a little more time consuming..
If you have any more questions I will be glad to help. Sorry had to rush this a bit, trying to get kids to bed!

kaylie27
Talker
Talker

Re: Cloth Diapering?

Post by kaylie27 »

Thank you so much for the information. I am not too concerned about laundry and planned on hang drying them anyways. Have you tried the Charlie Banana all in ones?

Return to “Family”