Chimpanzeee
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Chimpanzeee »

myksweetheart wrote:
blob wrote:I don't have a problem with her moving away from fitness - whatever, live your life... but totally agree on the giveaway - could've organized something with slightly more effort.

Maybe unpopular opinion but my main issue with Nikki RN is her HORRIBLE drone shots. Like come on, it's not THAT hard to fly a mavic. Her shots literally look like shit, why are they even included? Also how the fuck do you lose a drone by leaving it in your car. Literally no care for anything she owns, it's so disrespectful.
Losing the drone irked me too, like you moved to LA and didn’t lock your car? Excuse me? Just shows how lazy and careless she can be. Jazz too, in her new video she said when that guy hit her car she didn’t get his info and he had no plates on his car. Get a police report, hello! It’s like they think being irresponsible is funny.
Its also frustrating that they make enough money in their lifestyle that they don't appreciate the value of a dollar and so can get away with being irresponsible. When nikki lost the drone she acted like it was a minor inconvenience just because of the fact that she had to buy a new one. Drones are expensive!! I would guard mine with my life (if i had one) and would be choked if it went missing

loveychips
Learner
Learner

Post by loveychips »

blob wrote:I don't have a problem with her moving away from fitness - whatever, live your life... but totally agree on the giveaway - could've organized something with slightly more effort.

Maybe unpopular opinion but my main issue with Nikki RN is her HORRIBLE drone shots. Like come on, it's not THAT hard to fly a mavic. Her shots literally look like shit, why are they even included? Also how the fuck do you lose a drone by leaving it in your car. Literally no care for anything she owns, it's so disrespectful.
She’s never had to work hard for anything and so she couldn’t care less when she loses an expensive (or even inexpensive) piece of equipment or ruins her Lovesac because she left it out to dry the “only 2 days it ever rained in LA”. If you were sleeping away from your apartment why would you leave something like that outside?

Because nothing has value to her, since everything is easy come easy go. If she had to count quarters to buy a bunch of bananas or bread she’d change her tune. She’s no different than anyone else, except she is short and has good glute genetics, and came into the fitness YT realm at the perfect time with the perfect companion (not that he’s perfect, just meaning that the timing was perfect with him already having a following).

ScienceRules
Talker
Talker

Post by ScienceRules »

fritzness wrote:Who is it disrespectful to that she is careless with her own stuff?
ilychee wrote:Nikki seriously needs to re-evaluate her diet, girl gets sick all the time. And her content is back to being boring again... I'll check back in a few months and see if there are any changes lol
To be fair, my sis eats cleaner than anyone I've ever met and is always sick, while I eat like a trash panda quite often and rarely fall ill. Depends on the immune system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I was going to comment on this too. Diet has nothing to do with immune system strength unless you get enough fats (hormone signaling), proteins (cytokine signaling) and carbs/blood glucose (t-cell, b-cell and innate immune cell food). Vitamin C is a lie. Mostly.
cheesus wrote:
ScienceRules wrote:Review of the Nikki Blackketter Season 2 Line
Honestly? I'm impressed about the improvement in quality from Season
1 to Season 2. Granted, I did buy more this time (6 pieces instead of two) but the fabric quality has improved (very thick), the seams are thick and well stitched (body suit has double seams), and the overall feel is better. I'll talk about the individual pieces below.

Cropped Surface Hoodie - Dark Olive Marl (Medium)
This one I'm sad about because I bought it in medium, knowing it would probably be a little short on me. I'm post winter/bulk body right now though so it still *fits* (thanks to it being loose). The quality of the hoodie is average (but the inside is super soft) and the stitching on the hem is extremely thick. I like this detail because it won't ride up. The mesh is very thick too and feels very smooth/soft. I'm a tall person (5'10) so it fits VERY SHORT on me. Like just past my boobs short. I'm a little sad about this. Overall, great quality/design just not sizing appropriate for anyone over 5'7 imo. Wish I got the other hoodie instead.

Printed Cross Back Sports Bra - Pineapple (Large) & Gymshark Cross Back Sports Bra - Dark Olive Marl (Large)
I'm keeping these two together because they're the same. Both have removal padding. On a scale of Forever 21 - Lululemon, I have to be honest with you guys - the quality is INCREDIBLY close to Lululemon. It feels like Wunderunder fabric in bra form. In true Gymshark fashion, the sizing is for small people (which is why I had to size up to a large, because #bigbackproblems) but they fit me perfectly. They have double stitching along every seam (probably because in the past their seams would break with only one set of stitching). The thick band at the bottom doesn't even dig into my skin, and neither do the straps despite having big traps/shoulders. V impressed. Makes my tiny b cups look amazing.

Gymshark Plunge Bodysuit - Dark Olive Marl (Medium)
Perfect fit. Same Wunderunder type of material, very soft and satiny. Has the double stitching on the inside (the cross stitch? Idk what it's called). The mesh isn't too see through. I'm going to wear this to Above & Beyond this week because it's definitely appropriate to club in.

Gymshark Drop Back Crop Top - Light Grey (Large)
This fits a little loose surprisingly, probably because it's cotton material. I feel like if I sized down now it would be too small for me, but I feel like after I go through my cut cycle this year it'll be too big. Maybe I'll take it in to be adjusted. I just feel like I paid too much for what it is - oh well, at least I know for next time.

Gymshark Dynamic Leggings - Dark Olive Marl (Medium)
I don't understand why people keep saying size down. I'm a size 6 in Lululemon and these fit me really well (if not a little tight at the top, #bulkbelly). Maybe because they're short, they hit me at the ankle (my legs are longer than my torso). Also has the same Wunderunder material & not like the dreamy leggings at all. The dreamy leggings were TOO stretchy and made a weird noise, this is the perfect mix. Gymshark should stick with this material :P It's soft and stretchy and compression.

Overall, the quality of the collection improved dramatically from the first one. I found all of the materials used in the first one to be too see through and thin. This especially gave me issues with the Mezzanine crop because it kept flipping over on the bottom because it had no grip. This season is much better. My favourite thing from the collection was the sports bras/body suit as they provide a lot of support. Leggings close second.
Thanks for the review. Sounds promising for her! But I really wanted to off-topic comment on A&B cause I'm hella jealous. Went to a show on halloween and it was litttttt.
I've only ever been to acoustic so I'm v. excited, loved em for 8 years now!!

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

loveychips wrote:

She’s never had to work hard for anything and so she couldn’t care less when she loses an expensive (or even inexpensive) piece of equipment or ruins her Lovesac because she left it out to dry the “only 2 days it ever rained in LA”. If you were sleeping away from your apartment why would you leave something like that outside?

Because nothing has value to her, since everything is easy come easy go. If she had to count quarters to buy a bunch of bananas or bread she’d change her tune. She’s no different than anyone else, except she is short and has good glute genetics, and came into the fitness YT realm at the perfect time with the perfect companion (not that he’s perfect, just meaning that the timing was perfect with him already having a following).
Hate to break it to you but most Youtubers are like this. I remember during Summer Shredding when CG and Javon would do college tours and they'd lose or break a camera in one city then end up in Best Buy to buy another. Heck, I was watching tech vlogger iJustine just yesterday and she left her vlogging camera in an Uber and lost her Airpods on the trip too (not for the first time either)

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

I mean, clearly I'm NB's biggest fucking WK today, but to again be fair... The drone was lost sometime during the move. I've lost so much shit during moves, it's insane.

I don't recall NB being one of the ones who loses stuff all the time, but I could have missed it or, in my apparently crush on her, chose to forget it. Especially when you compare her to others who lose passports and cameras all the time and like... wallets everywhere. I'll take off my I <3 NKK shirt and go sit down now.

Post by Guest »

ScienceRules wrote:
fritzness wrote:Who is it disrespectful to that she is careless with her own stuff?
ilychee wrote:Nikki seriously needs to re-evaluate her diet, girl gets sick all the time. And her content is back to being boring again... I'll check back in a few months and see if there are any changes lol
To be fair, my sis eats cleaner than anyone I've ever met and is always sick, while I eat like a trash panda quite often and rarely fall ill. Depends on the immune system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I was going to comment on this too. Diet has nothing to do with immune system strength unless you get enough fats (hormone signaling), proteins (cytokine signaling) and carbs/blood glucose (t-cell, b-cell and innate immune cell food). Vitamin C is a lie. Mostly.
cheesus wrote:
ScienceRules wrote:Review of the Nikki Blackketter Season 2 Line
Honestly? I'm impressed about the improvement in quality from Season
1 to Season 2. Granted, I did buy more this time (6 pieces instead of two) but the fabric quality has improved (very thick), the seams are thick and well stitched (body suit has double seams), and the overall feel is better. I'll talk about the individual pieces below.

Cropped Surface Hoodie - Dark Olive Marl (Medium)
This one I'm sad about because I bought it in medium, knowing it would probably be a little short on me. I'm post winter/bulk body right now though so it still *fits* (thanks to it being loose). The quality of the hoodie is average (but the inside is super soft) and the stitching on the hem is extremely thick. I like this detail because it won't ride up. The mesh is very thick too and feels very smooth/soft. I'm a tall person (5'10) so it fits VERY SHORT on me. Like just past my boobs short. I'm a little sad about this. Overall, great quality/design just not sizing appropriate for anyone over 5'7 imo. Wish I got the other hoodie instead.

Printed Cross Back Sports Bra - Pineapple (Large) & Gymshark Cross Back Sports Bra - Dark Olive Marl (Large)
I'm keeping these two together because they're the same. Both have removal padding. On a scale of Forever 21 - Lululemon, I have to be honest with you guys - the quality is INCREDIBLY close to Lululemon. It feels like Wunderunder fabric in bra form. In true Gymshark fashion, the sizing is for small people (which is why I had to size up to a large, because #bigbackproblems) but they fit me perfectly. They have double stitching along every seam (probably because in the past their seams would break with only one set of stitching). The thick band at the bottom doesn't even dig into my skin, and neither do the straps despite having big traps/shoulders. V impressed. Makes my tiny b cups look amazing.

Gymshark Plunge Bodysuit - Dark Olive Marl (Medium)
Perfect fit. Same Wunderunder type of material, very soft and satiny. Has the double stitching on the inside (the cross stitch? Idk what it's called). The mesh isn't too see through. I'm going to wear this to Above & Beyond this week because it's definitely appropriate to club in.

Gymshark Drop Back Crop Top - Light Grey (Large)
This fits a little loose surprisingly, probably because it's cotton material. I feel like if I sized down now it would be too small for me, but I feel like after I go through my cut cycle this year it'll be too big. Maybe I'll take it in to be adjusted. I just feel like I paid too much for what it is - oh well, at least I know for next time.

Gymshark Dynamic Leggings - Dark Olive Marl (Medium)
I don't understand why people keep saying size down. I'm a size 6 in Lululemon and these fit me really well (if not a little tight at the top, #bulkbelly). Maybe because they're short, they hit me at the ankle (my legs are longer than my torso). Also has the same Wunderunder material & not like the dreamy leggings at all. The dreamy leggings were TOO stretchy and made a weird noise, this is the perfect mix. Gymshark should stick with this material :P It's soft and stretchy and compression.

Overall, the quality of the collection improved dramatically from the first one. I found all of the materials used in the first one to be too see through and thin. This especially gave me issues with the Mezzanine crop because it kept flipping over on the bottom because it had no grip. This season is much better. My favourite thing from the collection was the sports bras/body suit as they provide a lot of support. Leggings close second.
Thanks for the review. Sounds promising for her! But I really wanted to off-topic comment on A&B cause I'm hella jealous. Went to a show on halloween and it was litttttt.
I've only ever been to acoustic so I'm v. excited, loved em for 8 years now!!
You even mentioned the vitamin c fallacy :') u r my favourite human literally ever

Magdanikolova
Learner
Learner

Post by Magdanikolova »

Is there a new thread?

ScienceRules
Talker
Talker

Post by ScienceRules »

dontmakememakeyou wrote: You even mentioned the vitamin c fallacy :') u r my favourite human literally ever
<3 you
check your dms

Susperna
Informer
Informer

Post by Susperna »

ScienceRules wrote:
dontmakememakeyou wrote: You even mentioned the vitamin c fallacy :') u r my favourite human literally ever
<3 you
check your dms
Can you guys explain the thing about vitamin C? I know this is technically not about Nikki but I'm really curious :D

Return to “Nikki Blackketter - Archived Threads”