Below Average Ikonns - Part 5

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Below Average Ikonns - Part 5

Post by qwerty888 »

She's absolutely already had botox and fillers/other work.

Her vacuous and cliche captions are the worst.
What does it even truly mean? Does *anything* she write mean anything? They look like empty words on a page to me.

naomi104
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by naomi104 »

qwerty888 wrote:She's absolutely already had botox and fillers/other work.

What does it even truly mean? Does *anything* she write mean anything? They look like empty words on a page to me.
Haha to love yourself is to love the world? What the hell does that even mean? You love yourself (to a narcissistic level) and it doesn’t make a difference to the world. I feel sick reading her caption. She really think she’s some sort of a philosopher coming up with these incoherent quotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naomi104
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by naomi104 »

They’re recording a podcast about her shit book Bingo Theory again. I can’t believe how repetitive they are. What’s the point of doing this on every platform? Podcast may be better so people don’t have to see their smug faces.

Post by Guest »

naomi104 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:36 pm
qwerty888 wrote:She's absolutely already had botox and fillers/other work.

Haha to love yourself is to love the world? What the hell does that even mean? You love yourself (to a narcissistic level) and it doesn’t make a difference to the world. I feel sick reading her caption. She really think she’s some sort of a philosopher coming up with these incoherent quotes.

They are parasites. They just rip off and take from anything they like the look off and leave it devoid of all meaning. Mysticism, Buddhism, Daoism it all has some vague resemblance to how they talk except it doesn't really mean anything to the Cons it just sounds nice. Did you hear Mimi in that podcast talk about how she 'wouldn't even touch her food' and say 'there's no way I am staying the night here' when some places weren't to her standard......and Alex giggling along like a 12 year old.....they sounded like bitchy juveniles.......not Grateful Gratitude Mystic Sage Shamans immersed in the oneness and magic of the universe like Mimi continually spits out - next to pictures of her smug self. People are starving in the world and you make a podcast saying how you are turning down food from fancy restaurants.....let them eat Cake ay?

They are the classic case of the downfall of just pursuing the American Dream......they have the money but they lost their souls. They want a personal chef next.....because you know, they are not entitled at all (do you understand that if 7 billion people on the planet lived the way you do, it certainly wouldn't be sustainable - so why do you think you get to enjoy that lifestyle? Because ahem - you think you are entitled to it.)

There are examples of extremely rich people that have personal chefs and travel all over the world who are not soulless empty vessels, and that's normally because they have that money by default or consequence of something else, they are not blindly in the pursuit of extravagant material consumption. The Clooneys for example, personal chef - luxury travel and houses -still have brain cells and are interested in human rights.....it is possible to be rich and remain decent - but the Cons never have been nice people.

blue_violet
Informer
Informer

Post by blue_violet »

Agreed with everything above. By the way, speak of nice timing, i saw this post on tumblr today that sums up what's wrong with the Ikonns and influencers in general.

Lossiebee
Informer
Informer

Post by Lossiebee »

chefigata wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:28 pm
naomi104 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:24 pm
chefigata wrote:Their podcasts are hard to listen to. From Alex's constant rambling and slurring (can he at least try to pronounce the word "important") to Mimi's dumb "yep", "yep" and that dumb laugh.
I listened to a part of the latest podcast. They criticize Dubrovnik because it doesn't fit their criteria. They give each other a knowing, condescending laugh and Alex says "don't get me started". The food was not to their liking, Mimi refused to eat the food at one restaurant because she "didn't want to get food poisoning, you know".
The interior design was not to their liking, crystalware, silverware, it's all bad. It's too ornate and they like minimalistic lines.
They. are. so. ignorant. They have a very narrow definition of what a great experience is and they are not capable of appreciating anything different.
Millions of tourists love Dubrovnik, but it's not good enough for these two precious snowflakes.
Alex said he's open to an Airbnb sponsorship. More money they have, more they want to be sponsored. Not sure what else they said, I couldn't listen to their bs anymore.
They seem so pretentious. I don't know how their families tolerate them. I can't imagine sitting down for dinner and listening to his elitist, ignorant opinions.
Kudos to you for listening to this BS and letting us know. It explains why the Cons will never travel to somewhere like India or Thailand even though they love Indian and Thai food. I have a feeling they look at some people in disgust if they’re not well dressed and wear expensive clothes.

Some of my friends have been to Dubrovnik because of Game of Thrones. No one said a bad word. The Cons like “minimalistic” because they’re too simple to comprehend more complicated things. Obviously, these two unimaginative imbeciles don’t watch GoT.

AirBnB wouldn’t sponsor them. They work with YouTubers who have creative flair and can produce solid contents. No one would want to see MeMe flaunting in bikini with her butt cheeks hanging out and twirling like Alexa does ballet.

Yeah, I don't see them visiting those places. They are "very selective", have "very high standards" and are into "curated experiences". Barf.
Alex said he didn't really want to give away his tips. I always get this impression with both of them, that they really don't like revealing anything they find useful, whether it's tips or good products. They're selfish with their knowledge. In the end, he didn't reveal much. His insight was - you can get a really nice villa in Europe for $1000/night. So, not really helpful.
Mimi mentioned that 1 hotel in NYC let them stay for free and experience it... but then she said it wasn't sponsored, she wasn't paid. Well, isn't getting something for free a way of sponsorship? Mimi logic strikes again.
That's true, they'll never go because they don't like getting out of their (very small) comfort zone. France, Positano, Los Angeles : it's very easy to travel and communicate there, the food is very similar to what they're used to, they can find bougie places that don't change them from their everyday life. South Africa is a bit different but since they always travel like the new money they are (most expensive airbnb in the safest area, always a car and never public transportation, always going to the same safe places they know by heart) it's not that exotic either.
Asia would shake their habits up I believe. I've been to Japan twice and although it's very safe, it's also so different from occidental countries that you're bound to get out of your comfort zone at some point. So I can't imagine them going to India for example, it would be too an extreme travel experience for those citizens of the world !
English is not my first language, please forgive any mistakes ! <3

Lossiebee
Informer
Informer

Post by Lossiebee »

chefigata wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:56 am
Yes, they definitely read here. They were defensive in the podcast about the comment people make that they only go to few places over and over again. It's because they need to do so much research to have an outstanding, CURATED experience and that takes so much time so they can't go just anywhere. Alex says they can't just look at trip advisor ratings, that's not accurate and it's for the masses. They are so pretentious, it's unreal.
Someone asked her about the house they stayed in LA in youtube comments and Mimi was quick to respond that it's not available for rent to the public. That's what matters to them, that they are not like everyone else, seen at places where everyone goes. They rent places available just for them, such special snowflakes. She hardly responded to any comments, but she replied to that one.
It's so funny they're saying that because they don't even go anywhere when they travel. They don't visit anything except : one beach, one coffee shop that has almond milk, and one or two restaurants. They never go sightseing, they never visit museums or archeological sites, all they do is stroll in the main street of the city they're in, roast on the beach and have a vegan gluten free not even local dinner. That doesn't take much research IMO.
English is not my first language, please forgive any mistakes ! <3

Post by Guest »

blue_violet wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:40 am
Agreed with everything above. By the way, speak of nice timing, i saw this post on tumblr today that sums up what's wrong with the Ikonns and influencers in general.
Haha that's nice timing indeed. I'm glad there are other people waking up to and discussing this. The conversation might not be so needed if so many of them weren't showing just how greedy and corrupt having money put on a platter makes people. The ASA having to come in and regulate things says so much. But again, I'm not sure if it's a chicken or egg situation - money is corrupt, but through virtue of the people handling it. That's why when mimi said religion was the last cause of war, she's wrong. Wars happen over money, land, power, greed. The things they worship and the qualities they embody.

PS: anyone notice the weird domineering thing Mimi does to Alex like filming him eat and watching him get awkward about it, couple of times he's literally been like 'what are you doing' and she just continues and puts it up....she also gave him the look of death when he did it to her in the car and he mistakenly dared ask 'what are you doing' and she shot back 'I'm working *eye-roll, Duh* cause obviously he knows that ain't work too, and could easily be browsing pink Tutus for Alexa but he almost got in trouble for that one

Gatto18
Talker
Talker

Post by Gatto18 »

They are hitting sponsorships hard. Everyone is *their* friend, so it doesn’t count as an Ad. Yeah, right.

blue_violet
Informer
Informer

Post by blue_violet »

Gatto18 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:51 am
They are hitting sponsorships hard. Everyone is *their* friend, so it doesn’t count as an Ad. Yeah, right.

I would like to see them with a friend who they have no business involvement with. They only ever hang out with their partners/employees or other influencers like Amelia and Masha. Everything's about business. That's what happens when you make your private life your source of income.

Gatto18
Talker
Talker

Post by Gatto18 »

blue_violet wrote:
Gatto18 wrote:

I would like to see them with a friend who they have no business involvement with. They only ever hang out with their partners/employees or other influencers like Amelia and Masha. Everything's about business. That's what happens when you make your private life your source of income.
Alex’s monotone speaking just kills me too. He shouldn’t be in front of a camera or hosting a podcast. He should be behind the scenes coordinator. He’s flat. No personality.

chefigata
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chefigata »

Gatto18 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:52 am
blue_violet wrote:
Gatto18 wrote:

Alex’s monotone speaking just kills me too. He shouldn’t be in front of a camera or hosting a podcast. He should be behind the scenes coordinator. He’s flat. No personality.

He used to try to get very energetic and animated in some of his youtube videos, would gesture with his hands a lot and it was so uncomfortable to watch because you could tell he wasn't being authentic. I agree he should stay behind the scenes.
You can tell he loves doing these podcasts though. He can talk SO MUCH, go on and on, but give very little useful info.
His "friend" didn't get the memo that Alex only wears white and grey.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Mimi's latest breakfast instastory featuring "her date". Ummm.. how awkward was that? Alex acts like he's totally sick of her.

Post by Guest »

MeMe's daily dose of philosophyImage

Poslano sa mog SM-A520F koristeći Tapatalk

Gatto18
Talker
Talker

Post by Gatto18 »

blue_cloud17 wrote:MeMe's daily dose of philosophyImage

She reads here, so this is in response. She also probably deletes a lot of negative comments on her posts.

jajecznica
Informer
Informer

Post by jajecznica »

qwerty888 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:58 am
Mimi's latest breakfast instastory featuring "her date". Ummm.. how awkward was that? Alex acts like he's totally sick of her.
He looks so awkward and lost and possibly annoyed. Why don't these people just put down their phones and ENJOY each other's company? Yes, it takes a minute or two to film and post this little snip-it BUT it takes from that "being in the moment" time that they preach. You got Lidia to babysit and you're having a little morning date with your husband, wouldn't you just ENJOY that time instead of splashing it all of the internet? Sickening.

chefigata
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chefigata »

Yes, always the awkward wave and obligatory "love you!". Everything has to be recorded and posted on IG. I'm sure Mimi is trying to get him to be more comfortable when she puts him on the spot unexpectedly because her way is the right way. Just like she changed him to become more comfortable to dance in public and show PDA. Mimi doesn't respect anyone's boundaries, because she knows what's best for everyone.
Instead of cultivating their own personalities, they seem to thrive on being the same... Alex was pointing out they took the picture of the same house... They take pictures of everything so the odds are they are going to have matching pictures. They already have matching stories.
But I noticed it in the podcast too, they love it and point out when they are thinking the same thing... "you are reading my mind again", "oh, were you going to say the same thing as well"... ah, they are so in sync, so alike, that they even think the same thoughts. Such independent, emotionally healthy individuals. NOT.

chefigata
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chefigata »

Gattodelete8 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:49 am

She reads here, so this is in response. She also probably deletes a lot of negative comments on her posts.

There's hope for you too, Mimi.
Today you can choose to provide content or mindlessly advertise to your followers, people you view as $$ signs.
You can choose to pay your employee(s) a fair wage or you can exploit them while pretending to be teaching them how to be grateful and free of entitlement.
Which one are you going to choose Mimi? Ah, you already posted a podcast/five min journal ad in your stories, but try again tomorrow.

blue_violet
Informer
Informer

Post by blue_violet »

Gattodelete8 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:49 am

Spending less time reading negative comments about herself could also be a choice, which she doesn't seem to take into account. People who are truly happy and don't care about others opinions don't even have time to look that stuff up. If she reads here so avidly, it's because it hits a nerve and some part of her feels like some of what we say might be true.

Post by Guest »

Alexa is having ballet lesson and she looks at herself in the mirror while teacher is telling her what to do, and later they switch places so she can pay attention. ImageImage

Return to “Mimi and Alex Ikonn”