Pimples

Brooke.
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pimples

Post by Brooke. »

I used to never really get pimples at all. For some reason this year I've gotten quite a few. It's usually one or two at a time. They're always really big and painful and take a few weeks to completely go away. I try to cover them with makeup, but it never lasts. I know most of the time you just have to deal with the pimple, but does anyone go through something similar and have any tips to make the pimple less noticeable?

sandyfrink
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Pimples

Post by sandyfrink »

You could try the Mario Badescu drying lotion! It dries up those big pimples over night!

TheBadBeginning
Talker
Talker

Post by TheBadBeginning »

I still get pimples and have the unfortunate result of getting scars/dark marks from them. Anyways, lately when I get a pimple, I'll dip a qtip into tea tree oil and then rub/press the qtip(cotton swab) against it. The pimple seems to be smaller in the morning.

Brooke.
Debater
Debater

Post by Brooke. »

Both great tips!! Thanks so much

Brooke.
Debater
Debater

Post by Brooke. »

Can big weather changes mess with skin? Like yesterday it was in the 70's and today it's in the 20's. The weather has been doing this for a few weeks.

TheBadBeginning
Talker
Talker

Post by TheBadBeginning »

Brooke. wrote:Can big weather changes mess with skin? Like yesterday it was in the 70's and today it's in the 20's. The weather has been doing this for a few weeks.
I would say yes. I notice that in the summer I break out a lot more because I'm more sweaty/oily. But I think that a drastic change will definitely mess with your skin. Kind of like lips. When it goes from average temperature to freezing, my lips get chapped.

Brooke.
Debater
Debater

Post by Brooke. »

^^ yes, the same is happening with my lips too. I live in south Texas, so our weather is never the same!

youtubeness
Learner
Learner

Post by youtubeness »

Im in Texas too! And yeah the weather is CRAZY and my skin is freaking out. The Queen Helen Mint Julep mask decreases the size of my pimples overnight its amazing and its super cheap too. As for makeup to cover them I haven't found a concealer thats creamy enough, if i try to conceal a pimple it looks too dry

Decayedbeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Decayedbeauty »

I changed my diet and rarely get them anymore. Maybe one or two every other month. I used to always have lots on my cheeks or forehead and oily skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I'm using the oil cleansing method, I don't have acne but I do get those occasional annoying and painful pimples so I'm hoping this works :)

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Decayedbeauty wrote:I changed my diet and rarely get them anymore. Maybe one or two every other month. I used to always have lots on my cheeks or forehead and oily skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. Once I cut out dairy and meat, my skin cleared up. I might get like one small pimple once every few months when I'm on my period but it's rare. Cleaning up your diet might help.

I used to use the Neutrogena over-night little cream thing. It comes in a small tube, it's a spot treatment. It worked okay.
imma ball til the day i fall

Brooke.
Debater
Debater

Post by Brooke. »

I just wanted to make a little update on this. I tried the Elf Zit Zapper and it works wonders! I could feel a pimple was about to come up, so I applied the zit zapper about three times throughout that day. The next day the pimple was pretty much gone! I love this thing and would recommend it I anyone.

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

I have pretty clear skin but I do get the occasional pimple. When I can feel it forming, I actually moisturize it. This helps bring it to a head but helps prevent it from showing up big and red and angry. When the whitehead has formed, I take CLEAN fingers and GENTLY pop it. Then I immediately use some salicylic acid (from my doctor) on a cotton bud and rub it on the blemish. This helps disinfect the pore and dries out the pimple so it's not sore and painful. I do this every night until it goes away, and in the morning I use a cream to help prevent a red scar from forming afterwards.

If the spot has no head, and it's just a big hard lump, I do this same routine but DO NOT ATTEMPT TO POP IT. This will 99% of the time lead to a huge scar.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

I only get the occasional pimple lol
Oddly enough I just put some Colgate toothpaste (original-the white paste) on it and it goes away in a few hours

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

I have a face mask option for you- Lush's Catastrophe Cosmetic. This mask honestly got me through the last year of my high school pimples. I recommend you put it on at night so after that after you wash it off and sleep it can work its magic!

In general to prevent any pimples I recommend you drink lots of water (keep a bottle by you) and to drink peppermint tea! You'd be surprised by how much it helps.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

I use a tiny bit of 10% benzoyl peroxide. Before I put on make up. Let it dry. Then apply a thin layer of make up. It's best to apply minimal make up. The more make up you wear, the more noticeable your pimples will be. Tiny pimples are easy to hide but the bigger ones are hard to deal with. Remove make up as soon as you get home. 5% salicylic acid works great with benzoyl peroxide.

JillyBean08
Learner
Learner

Post by JillyBean08 »

I get hormonal acne on my chin. A few things recently have kept it all under control- first I started making my own tea tree oil and braggs acv toner- and it's amazing. Next I starts using Yes to Tomatoes face wash with a scrublet (you can get these in the l'oreal 360 clean washes or from Sephora). And finally I mix a couple drops of tea tree oil in my face lotion. For whatever reason my face has been super happy with this combination. Unfortunately everyone seems so different, what works for some doesn't for others...

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I have various products from Clinique and Murad that are spot treatments for pimples. But sometimes they try mine out too much, just my own experience.
Sometimes I will use a face mask for acne/oily skin and just use it in my t-zone/oily spots. Helps keeps things as clean as possible. (Say Yes To Tomatoes is great and a really good price)

And deep cleaning make up brushes helps a lot too. I always forget to do that aside from spot cleaning.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

Beautybeast
Learner
Learner

Post by Beautybeast »

Drink more water, and eat healthy fats, such as fats found in skinless white meat chicken, fish like salmon and tuna, and olive oil. Trust me, diet is the first step.
Whether oily, dry or combination skin... At home skin peels are good, i suggest starting with 10-20% glycolic peels, as they tingle like peppermint, but dont peel the siin like others, instead they break up the bacteria, and clogged pores. Neutralize with a baking soda and water mixture (rinse your face off with it) after applying the peel for 1-2 minutes. Do that once a week, or every other week for about a month. Trust me, youll love me for this, it will rid of large pores, black heads, scars and dark marks, lesson "lines" and rid of and control acne.

Get healthier soaps. Goat milk soaps, dove, vegan soaps are great for the face. Most soaps and body washes are only okay for the body, but not okay for the face, never use BODY soaps on the FACE... I suggest checking etsy for vegan soaps. UNSCENTED or at most milk, honey, something like that scented, no funny stuff.

Get a toner and face serum, either from etsy, ebay, or amazon they can be like $3-20 organic or vegan based if you can, or if you cant get both heres an old school trick, it helped my skin when it was dry and going insane...

Get a plain lotion and buy MSM vitamin supplements, capsule kind, open 2-5 pills, and mix it into your facial lotion apply on face after washing... Msm, cleanses and softens the skin, it moisturizes lightly, and doesnt do too crazy damage... Also olive oil, or coconut oil do wonders for the skin....

If you only do 1 of my tips you see changes in your skin in 2 weeks or so... You want long term HEALTHY effects and skin habits... These wont have side effects ;)

I used to have black dark scars all over my face and body, combination skin, large pores, blackheads in my t zone, and occasional cystic acne. Through research and personal trial and error, these tricks have my skin flawless. I havent had a breakout in months, skin is healthy, and scarring is GONE!

Beautybeast
Learner
Learner

Post by Beautybeast »

OH, and green clay face masks, and activated charcoal powder makes a great face mask...

Just mix the ACPowder with water or tea tree oil, let it sit on your face 10 minutes and rinse off...

Return to “Skincare”