Black Friday

heythere
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Black Friday

Post by heythere »

Anyone plan on heading out this year? I've been a few times but its not really my cup of tea, I much prefer to shop online during cyber Monday. And I notice the only really good deals are on electronics, I find you can get a lot of other items cheaper during other parts of the year.

Bunny

Re: Black Friday

Post by Bunny »

I got up really early once to go with my cousin in NJ to her mall's BF but I don't know... I feel like the sales weren't that great. I ended up just getting a top from Urban Outfitters, some B&BW stuff and something from Victoria's Secret. I feel like it isn't worth getting up hella early and dealing with annoyingly pushy people.

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

I agree the best deals are on electronics, but I also find fairly good deals on clothes. I'm a night owl and already awake anyways, so I plan on going out this year, especially since my husband has never gone. I don't go to any of the super busy stores (Walmart...) - I hate standing in line forever to check out and I don't want to deal with the psychos. This year we're just trying to get my husband a desk, a winter jacket, and possibly a computer monitor. Everything else I'll do on Cyber Monday.

I always went Black Friday shopping with my mother when I was younger, so I just find it a fun tradition even if I don't purchase anything. I do think it's ridiculous how the stores keep opening earlier and earlier though. I don't plan to shop at any of the stores that are forcing their employees to work on Thanksgiving. :(

helloparis
Informer
Informer

Post by helloparis »

I've never actually stayed up late on Thanksgiving to go Black Friday shopping. I usually go Friday morning/afternoon, and EVEN then, it's pure chaos.

Last year, I went to the Brandy Melville store in Santa Monica Friday morning for Black Friday. Oh, God. It was just horrible, crazy and stressful. The night before, there were girls who had camped out and actually slept in front of Brandy so they would be first in store. Once the doors did open at like midnight or something, people were running in and pushing each other to a point where the police came and shut down the Black Friday sale. It didn't return until Friday morning, when I came, and I got a headache from how crowded the store was, because you would only be let in if someone else left the store. AND, to top it off, it wasn't even a good sale! Brandy just gave you 30% off your purchase... which isn't that big of a deal in my opinion. They DID have a $10 bucket of clothing in the back, but most of the stuff were either torn/shredded or just plain ugly. (If you're planning on going to any of the Brandy sales this year, good-luck.)

Which stores are you guys planning on hitting on Black Friday? My mom and I decided we're probably going to go Friday afternoon because we want to sleep-in, but we're not sure which stores will have the best deals. I'm deciding between like, four malls haha. H&M is selling $5 clothing for Black Friday I heard!

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I've only gone Black Friday shopping once and it was a nightmare. I do usually wanna go since I love shopping and sales, but no one ever wants to go with me!

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

No, because I think it's completely repulsive.

nothinggold
Informer
Informer

Post by nothinggold »

This will be my fifth year going. We're hitting either Walmart or Target and then the mall.
I'm torn on how early the sales start. It sucked getting up at 3 am to go so its kinda nicer sleep wise to get everything done by 5 and then go to bed but I think it's ridiculous how early on Thanksgiving it is and I feel bad for the employees.

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paperbackwriter »

Suspiria wrote:No, because I think it's completely repulsive.
I agree. The only time I've been out is because I was working. I had to get to work at 10 pm on Thanksgiving to prepare and I worked until 8 in the morning. I was supposed to work until 9 but I was essentially a zombie and they had enough employees around so they sent me home an hour early.

And I was on the floor. I can imagine it going by semi-quickly if I was on register but I wasn't.

Decayedbeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Decayedbeauty »

I always go, it's a family tradition.

laurie
Debater
Debater

Post by laurie »

not going because it is crazy. there are some amazing deals on laptops and cameras at best buy, but it's really not worth skimping out on thanksgiving to go stand in line for something that might sell out before i get there.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I went on friday and it was crazy, too much people (here's this weekend, don't know in the states)

Bluffology
Informer
Informer

Post by Bluffology »

I will be going this year but just around the usual time that malls open, which is like 10. I want to get a juicer, get a new VS bras (if there's any type of sale), and any clothing I find cheap lol. I'll probably browse the electronics sections too, that is, if there's anything left.

Last year I got a touchscreen printer at Staples for $50. Still working great today.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

Suspiria wrote:No, because I think it's completely repulsive.
I agree. I don't like hearing about people getting killed on that day just because of a sale.

hustle rose~
Informer
Informer

Post by hustle rose~ »

I hate Black Friday and that its creeped its way into Canada. It just makes my work day more busy and stressful.
Seeing people running through the store and shoving people just so they can get a TV on sale is fucking sickening.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

sounds like boxing day in UK. we don't have black friday, do you guys have massive sales on boxing day?

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

nothinggold wrote:This will be my fifth year going. We're hitting either Walmart or Target and then the mall.
I'm torn on how early the sales start. It sucked getting up at 3 am to go so its kinda nicer sleep wise to get everything done by 5 and then go to bed but I think it's ridiculous how early on Thanksgiving it is and I feel bad for the employees.
I can never find any good deals at Target, at least at the one near here, nothing is on sale except for a few electronics, but everything else is normal priced =/ and I agree, I think it's stupid that some places are started on Thanksgiving... I mean, it's called Black FRIIIIIDAAAAAAAY for a reason, not Black Thanksgiving.

I am extremely glad that I don't work in retail this year, last year I worked as a cashier and it was horrible.

My sister and I usually get up at like 5 a.m., go get coffee, then plan our route and just hit what we want, the only thing I'm really looking for this year is to score a Canon t3i, been waiting for the price to drop on it since the t4i came out, and it's been slowly ebbing down, but I'm really hoping I'll be able to find one around here with the 55-250 lens. If not, I'll try Amazon.

hustle rose~
Informer
Informer

Post by hustle rose~ »

Alka wrote:sounds like boxing day in UK. we don't have black friday, do you guys have massive sales on boxing day?
The sales here are good, I guess. You can get a TV for about 200$ off and most DVDs are 40 to 50% off.

We have Boxing Day in Canada too, which is why I hate Black Friday. We don't need both here. Its just an excuse for stores to be greedy and make more sales.

GoGoYuBari
Informer
Informer

Post by GoGoYuBari »

I never did Black Friday...maybe I'll try it this year.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

I don't think I'm going out at all... just going to eat Thanksgiving leftovers :D

Mostly cause I don't have any money.

nothinggold
Informer
Informer

Post by nothinggold »

hollaatmegurl wrote:
nothinggold wrote:This will be my fifth year going. We're hitting either Walmart or Target and then the mall.
I can never find any good deals at Target, at least at the one near here, nothing is on sale except for a few electronics, but everything else is normal priced =/ and I agree, I think it's stupid that some places are started on Thanksgiving... I mean, it's called Black FRIIIIIDAAAAAAAY for a reason, not Black Thanksgiving.

I am extremely glad that I don't work in retail this year, last year I worked as a cashier and it was horrible.

My sister and I usually get up at like 5 a.m., go get coffee, then plan our route and just hit what we want, the only thing I'm really looking for this year is to score a Canon t3i, been waiting for the price to drop on it since the t4i came out, and it's been slowly ebbing down, but I'm really hoping I'll be able to find one around here with the 55-250 lens. If not, I'll try Amazon.
I got an xBox last year at Target for $150. I thought it was a pretty good deal.
Walmart has better deals but is also 100 times more crazy. I think they're doing a deal on the T3 at Walmart if you're interested.
I hate how early it starts. They need to stick to Friday. It sucks enough working at Walmart and Target, at least let most of the associates enjoy the day with their family. I am really thankful I work in a Pharmacy this year and was able to get half the day off so I can shop and recover haha.

Return to “Holidays”