Ghost stories/Any experiences with the supernatural?

woopidydoo
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ghost stories?

Post by woopidydoo »

Anyone have any real ghost stories? :o

Edit: I'm interested in hearing any type of story that's miraculous or even twilight zone like. ;)

Re: Ghost stories?

Post by Guest »

woopidydoo wrote:Anyone have any real ghost stories? :o

Edit: I'm interested in hearing any type of story that's miraculous or even twilight zone like. ;)
I think r/nosleep may intrigue you ...I'll warn you in advance by saying please don't blame me if and when you become addicted to reading the stories there!! Have fun (I lurk there I dont have an a/c but great writing from most of the people) <3 :D

Issy09
Informer
Informer

Post by Issy09 »

I had weird experiences when I was between the ages of 10-15 when my family moved to a new house. I'd hear footsteps walking up and down the hallway during the night, my door handle would randomly start rattling, I use to feel like someone was watching me, a few times I heard my name being whispered into my ear and just things falling off shelves etc. I didn't immediately think it was a paranormal thing (more me going crazy) but then a few locals told us a woman had taken her life there after her husband left her a few years prior to us moving in and something just clicked. I've lived in a few different houses and I've never had experiences like that again.

I've also seen two pairs of glowing red eyes years apart in different locations outdoors at night, hopefully it was just some kind of creepy animal or my imagination :?

Reddit is a good place to go if you're interested in ghost stories. I've read a few freaky ones on there!

previouslyAYYEO
Informer
Informer

Post by previouslyAYYEO »

This isn't amazing, out of this world story LOL, but when I was little I'd always feel like someone was watching me. The feeling you get when you don't feel alone.
One day, I was in my room after school, and I was all alone, standing in front of my closet. The closet has a tiny space between it and the bed, so I was standing in-between the closet and bed. There is no way someone can stand behind me, right? But I was standing there and all of a sudden, I felt like someone was standing behind me, and I felt someone breathing down my neck.
Other things are shadows going around, especially in our half bath, which was weird. And footsteps at night and even during the day. We had a cat during the time, and she would get angry out of the blue and puff out her tail and fight the air. We wouldn't know what was wrong.
For more personal stories, you should definitely check this site out:
http://www.yourghoststories.com/

thelastbagel
Informer
Informer

Post by thelastbagel »

The house I grew up in was built on land near where a few young girls had been found dead. I grew up hearing crying coming from the bathroom next to my room, and even heard a loud thud one night. It bothered me so much that I wrote a novella about it for my final project in college because the memory stuck with me for years.

Nickelliebear
Learner
Learner

Post by Nickelliebear »

This is totally not mind blowing or enough to base a horror movie off of but it still makes me think.

My mom passed away, kind of suddenly but anyone who knew the situation couldn't really be too surprised. It was early in the morning so after I said my goodbyes I dropped her personal effects home and went on with my day. When i was finally alotted some alone time, I called my best friend to come over and we watched some tv and I cried.

There was a lamp on in the living room, with three bulbs. All of a sudden it kind of dimmed itself out. We just looked at each other and laughed, logically we knew there was no way three bulbs would burn out at once. My older brother flew in so we went to go pick him up and I didn't think to switch the lamp off (because it was already off).

When we got back to the house, the entire living room was lit up. And I verified that I had turned the kitchen and hallway lights off- the lamp had turned itself back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I kinda already made a topic about this a while back.

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8330

Perhaps we can get a mod to merge these two threads?

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

QurikyDuck wrote:
woopidydoo wrote:Anyone have any real ghost stories? :o

I think r/nosleep may intrigue you ...I'll warn you in advance by saying please don't blame me if and when you become addicted to reading the stories there!! Have fun (I lurk there I dont have an a/c but great writing from most of the people) <3 :D
/r/nosleep is good for made up stories but people who have had real supernatural encounters usually post in /r/thetruthishere

TheOrganicMaster
Informer
Informer

Re: Ghost stories/Any experiences with the supernatural?

Post by TheOrganicMaster »

I am into this type of stuff, also conspiracy theories, murders, missing people. I go to Websleuths too, some disappearances are very creepy.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Ghost stories/Any experiences with the supernatural?

Post by Trololol »

I'm not sure if this qualifies because it doesn't involve ghosts. I does, however, involve dreams.

You see, my mother, and even her father, though Muslim and are technically not allowed to believe in the supernatural or superstition, have always had premonitions come to them in their dreams whenever someone is about to pass away. Two things always happen in these dreams; they dream that their tooth breaks off or is pulled out, and that there are lots of snakes.

My mother had a few of those dreams before someone we knew passed away. It happened before her grandfather passed away, and it happened when my friend's grandfather passed away.

I had a dream where someone pulled out my tooth a la Huck from Scandal; it was a distressing dream where I was screaming, and whoever it was that played dentist was not exactly sympathetic. The next night, I dreamt of snakes; many snakes all over the place, and I had to climb onto the roof of a bus to escape them. I told my mother about the dreams. There is no indicator in any dream of who it is that Death has chosen, so all we can do is pray.

A week or so later, I get woken up at 3am by my parents with news of my father's brother's death. He died of a heart attack while he was out with his friends at the country club; they said that he collapsed and never got back up again. They pronounced him dead at the hospital. It was sudden; he was the kind of guy who worked out and kept fit, and was always a favourite with all the nieces and nephews. The last time I saw him was during Eid, and that last time I saw him, I gave him an avocado seedling. I was the one and only time of him visiting our new house in that town.

When I heard the news, I freaked out, I had to step out for a cigarette. My mother then came to see me on the balcony and reminded me about my telling her about my tooth and snake dreams. I was in a daze for the rest of the day. I smoked plenty and was nauseous and weak from lack of food.

I never got to see my uncle for the last time. My parents flew over that exact morning, but I had to send my cat to the cattery, and it didn't open until 10am, so I stayed behind. My flight was supposed to be at 2pm, but because of the haze, my flight was delayed for 5 hours. I actually broke down in a crowded departure hall, with my mascara dripping down my face. I had to put on sunglasses so people wouldn't see my eyes.

I arrived just in time to see them fitting him into the grave. I did not get to see his face one last time, and that was very upsetting for me. I still freak out thinking about the dreams. I never quite believed that premonitions in dreams were a thing until it happened to me. I don't look forward to those kinds of dreams. I don't enjoy the fact that Death, whom I feel has always lingered around and has waved at me so to speak (I nearly died at age 13,) feels like I am worthy of knowing that he is about to strike.

Return to “Paranormal”