Cosplay

FaeSolo
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cosplay

Post by FaeSolo »

Does anyone on here cosplay? I want to expand my network of friends that cosplay :D. And if you do, who do you cosplay as and what conventions do you attend? :).

Kleineganz

Re: Cosplay

Post by Kleineganz »

Hi! I cosplay! :) I've been a Jedi, a Doctor Who Mashup, and Sam Carter from Stargate SG-1 so far. The only convention I go to right now is Starfest in Denver every April.

Here is me at last year's Starfest (the TARDIS is not mine):

FaeSolo
Learner
Learner

Post by FaeSolo »

Aw, you look so adorable! Yay, another cosplayer! And I just realised I haven't put my cosplay here.
(The R2 and Jedi aren't mine :p.) That's my biggest cosplay. I also do a female imperial officer cosplay.
Sorry those are so big, I have no idea how to edit the size.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Very Cool! Here's my Jedi cosplay. I edited in the lightsaber blade with photoshop (I did make the light saber handle myself though).

Here's a close up of my home made "light saber":

FaeSolo
Learner
Learner

Post by FaeSolo »

That is so cool! Your handle looks so legit, how did you make it? I'm working on a Mara Jade cosplay and really want to have the whole thing made by me :).

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

FaeSolo wrote:That is so cool! Your handle looks so legit, how did you make it? I'm working on a Mara Jade cosplay and really want to have the whole thing made by me :).
It's actually all made from plumbing supplies ... a plastic/chrome drain, a chrome pipe, a plastic pipe/nut thing and a whole bunch of black rubber "O" rings. I got it all at Home Depot. All I did was google making a light saber handle for inspiration, and then just used my own creativity to put it all together. This is how it looked before I assembled it:

monochromicorn
Learner
Learner

Post by monochromicorn »

Kleineganz that Jedi cosplay is immense! Your light saber is just, unreal. Amazing job!
FaeSolo that is some serious cosplay man, did you craft both of them?! Seriously wow. I love seeing people's interpretations of characters. The best thing about cosplay is that you can appreciate people's hard work without being into that fandom yourself.

Does anyone stay in character like, mentally? Some of my friends that went to a London expo kept in character throughout, but that just seems so difficult to pull off!

I'm putting together a few cosplays at the moment. I've been to a few cons, but I always felt like I could never craft a costume decent enough. Next year I'm determined to cosplay at expo, I'm preparing a Kyoko from Madoka Magica and a Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon. I've thought about maybe someone from Evangelion like Asuka or Asami from Legend of Korra.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Yeah I don't get into character at all. I'm not good at acting, or being something other than myself, so I don't really try. I just love dressing up. :)

Return to “Performance Art”