Freelea/30 bananas a day

cinderellaa
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Freelea/30 bananas a day

Post by cinderellaa »

I thought id make a topic on the Bitchingfreelee and her boyfriend from 30 bananas a day
just because they have a very agressive light of people and the choices we make as humans.
I have nothing wrong with Vegans or rawfood diets, but it think there rude and pretty much vegan nazi .

knittingpenguin
Learner
Learner

Re: Freelea/30 bananas a day

Post by knittingpenguin »

This psychopath!
It's never a positive thing with this woman.. There's never any real insight into what going raw or vegan can do for your lifestyle, or how to have this lifestyle on a budget, or reviews on vegan products... It's just shouting about how anyone who eats meat or isn't a fruitarian is killing themselves. Because of course people are split into two groups: Fruitarians and the Horrendously Obese.

In fact it has to be on purpose to gain views.
Why else would she have WEIGHT GAIN, FAT SHAMING, JENNA MARBLES GAINS WEIGHT and other headlines like that in capslock?

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

Can't stand her. She;s the only youtuber who truly makes me mad. She's so judgmental and condescending and she truly believes that you can't be "hot and sexy" (her words) unless you are stick thin and eat ten pounds of fruit a day. After seeing her "thigh gap" video and her "Jenna Marbles" video she sent me off the deep end. :raging:

I'm definitely not jealous of her because I have quite a fit body thigh gap and all but I just can't stand how judgmental and condescending she is. And she's always trying to wear the tiniest shirts possible. :roll:

MotherRussia
Informer
Informer

Post by MotherRussia »

The Jenna Marbles video didn't bother me in general, because I could see what she was trying to achieve by using Jenna as an example. What annoyed me was that she talked about how Jenna was initially following a 6-days-a-week vegan diet, and while that was good, it could have been better. Like she can't even give credit where it's due, it's just never good enough.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

LizLee30 wrote:The Jenna Marbles video didn't bother me in general, because I could see what she was trying to achieve by using Jenna as an example. What annoyed me was that she talked about how Jenna was initially following a 6-days-a-week vegan diet, and while that was good, it could have been better. Like she can't even give credit where it's due, it's just never good enough.
Well, for people like her, it's not a diet. It's a lifestyle and an identity. So no, 6/7 vegan is not good enough. It's all or nothing.

But yes, she's a whack-job, although I haven't watched her craziness as much as Kristina's.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

LizLee30 wrote:The Jenna Marbles video didn't bother me in general, because I could see what she was trying to achieve by using Jenna as an example. What annoyed me was that she talked about how Jenna was initially following a 6-days-a-week vegan diet, and while that was good, it could have been better. Like she can't even give credit where it's due, it's just never good enough.
In my opinion, the only reason she even did this video was for views and to embarrass Jenna. She's one of the most popular people on YouTube so it's no mistake that she chose to call her out. The part about Jenna being vegan 6 days a week and not 7 is what I mean by her being condescending and judgmental. It's either an all or nothing thing. I don't know, I just really don't like the chick.

telle0x
Informer
Informer

Post by telle0x »

I stumbled across her by accident, and I find her videos to be very disturbing and probably dangerous to some younger viewers/anyone struggling with an eating disorder.

The most disturbing video being he one where she talks about losing her period....she was happy that she lost it, and she views menstruation/cramps, etc as "the body getting rid of toxins"... :roll:

NOTHING she says is backed by science, and it honestly scares me to think that people may follow her advice, especially young women starving themselves who have lost their periods, who now see it as a positive thing.

guestgue

Post by guestgue »

She's what you cal an extremist. And I don't care what she says about it. She's everything bad about the raw lifestyle.

theluckyone

Post by theluckyone »

It's about time she had her own thread!

I found Freelee a while back when I was on a health kick and subbed to both her and durianrider. (Her bf.) I unsubbed from Freelee after a short while. She really is everything bad about this lifestyle. She's pushing it onto everyone, telling everyone they're horrible if they're not like her, talking about people being failures for not having a thigh gap, and like someone mentioned...the period story. This girl talks and talks and talks about this shit with absolutely no sources to back up what she's trying to say. I'm all for health, but she's making herself look like a lunatic.

And WHY would anyone listen to this chick's boasts of health and natural food choices when she has breast implants?! Talk about body toxins... I'm 100% convinced that this is ALL ABOUT LOOKS to Freelee. She's been anorexic, and she loved that fruitarian lifestyle helped her look awesome. Now she's high and mighty about it. I wanted to give her props for including steamed foods and starches for beginners. I really do give her and durianrider credit for that. But everything else makes her no better than the fruitarians/vegans she's always bashing.

Durianrider is known for being super abrasive as well and is his own fair share of annoying, but for some reason I find him tolerable. I find he tends to post more research-based claims, discusses more with his followers about topics he brings up, mixes it up with his passion for cycling, and is big on ethical treatment of animals. Much different than Freelee's videos ALL about appearance and stupid capslock titles that will bring her more views. (On the other end, the dude needs to eat more. He's burning too much on the bike and wasting away.)

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

telle0x wrote:I stumbled across her by accident, and I find her videos to be very disturbing and probably dangerous to some younger viewers/anyone struggling with an eating disorder.

The most disturbing video being he one where she talks about losing her period....she was happy that she lost it, and she views menstruation/cramps, etc as "the body getting rid of toxins"... :roll:

NOTHING she says is backed by science, and it honestly scares me to think that people may follow her advice, especially young women starving themselves who have lost their periods, who now see it as a positive thing.
Yes, I can't stand that everything she says is pretty much her opinion and nothing is backed by science and a lot of those videos she shows promoting her lifestyle look like propaganda videos used to brain wash people into thinking this is the only healthy way to eat. I also found the period video disturbing. How could she think that's normal and make up stuff like that? Hopefully she's not planning on having children one day. :?

I also think these videos could be detrimental to those dealing with eating disorders or body image issues which is why the thigh gap video really rubbed me the wrong way. I've seen lots of girls commenting on her videos about how they want to do this or they want a thigh gap and they're too fat etc. She needs to just stop. I see nothing wrong with veganism if that's what you choose, but the way she promotes this lifestyle is just wrong, and I can imagine that her teeth will soon rot out of her head with the sheer amount of sugar she consumes from fruit everyday.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

theluckyone wrote:It's about time she had her own thread!

I found Freelee a while back when I was on a health kick and subbed to both her and durianrider. (Her bf.) I unsubbed from Freelee after a short while. She really is everything bad about this lifestyle. She's pushing it onto everyone, telling everyone they're horrible if they're not like her, talking about people being failures for not having a thigh gap, and like someone mentioned...the period story. This girl talks and talks and talks about this shit with absolutely no sources to back up what she's trying to say. I'm all for health, but she's making herself look like a lunatic.

And WHY would anyone listen to this chick's boasts of health and natural food choices when she has breast implants?! Talk about body toxins... I'm 100% convinced that this is ALL ABOUT LOOKS to Freelee. She's been anorexic, and she loved that fruitarian lifestyle helped her look awesome. Now she's high and mighty about it. I wanted to give her props for including steamed foods and starches for beginners. I really do give her and durianrider credit for that. But everything else makes her no better than the fruitarians/vegans she's always bashing.

Durianrider is known for being super abrasive as well and is his own fair share of annoying, but for some reason I find him tolerable. I find he tends to post more research-based claims, discusses more with his followers about topics he brings up, mixes it up with his passion for cycling, and is big on ethical treatment of animals. Much different than Freelee's videos ALL about appearance and stupid capslock titles that will bring her more views. (On the other end, the dude needs to eat more. He's burning too much on the bike and wasting away.)
Yep. It's clearly all about being hot and sexy to her since she always tends to mention how hot and sexy she is. :roll: I'm convinced that for her and Kristina this is just a new form of their own disordered eating. It's still extremely restrictive. You can tell she's very vain and has a superiority complex.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

God, I hate this woman, she's the pits! I agree with all things said about her so far.
She and Durianrider are pure bullies. They have no respect for other people and give vegans/raw foodists a bad name. All the talk about being hot and sexy and having a good-tasting crotch and superhuman staying power is so unnecessary. I agree Durianrider is losing his looks. I assume he's in his thirties and she's in her twenties? I wonder how long they will look good. They are skinny, but that's about it. His skin looks wasted. Without the fake tits Freelea's figure wouldn't be anything special, she'd just be gristly and veiny. Very insincere, very unlikable.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

Delicious.

Seriously, they've lost all perspective.
(Both photos from Durianrider's Facebook page.)

viceandvirtue
Lurker
Lurker

Post by viceandvirtue »

This woman is a psychopath! She's probably the only youtuber who makes me so, so angry when I watch her.
All the nonsense she spouts can be seriously damaging.
I remember one of her videos going on about that young beauty youtuber who died from leaukemia and how it was her parent's fault because she was getting chemo....seriously wtf :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post by Guest »

Isn't it seriously dangerous to eat more than 12 bananas a day?

OutOfChipIns
Learner
Learner

Post by OutOfChipIns »

That much potassium can cause serious damage at high levels. I'm just not sure how many bananas it would take to reach that level. Her "Watch me Eat 51 Bananas" video was honestly terrifying to me.

OutOfChipIns
Learner
Learner

Post by OutOfChipIns »

Edit: I've done some research and it seems for most people it is unlikely to get too much potassium from food sources alone. Supplements are often what cause people to take in dangerous levels.

However, "most people" do not eat that many damn bananas.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

Dandelion wrote:Delicious.

Seriously, they've lost all perspective.
(Both photos from Durianrider's Facebook page.)
She thinks she's so hot and sexy, but I really don't think she looks hot at all. If I saw her on the beach I would think OMG and not in a good way. :dunno:

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

viceandvirtue wrote:This woman is a psychopath! She's probably the only youtuber who makes me so, so angry when I watch her.
All the nonsense she spouts can be seriously damaging.
I remember one of her videos going on about that young beauty youtuber who died from leaukemia and how it was her parent's fault because she was getting chemo....seriously wtf :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Agreed, I don't know how people can look up to her and be inspired by her so much. Everything she says is either a lie or some kind of judgment and she's extremely offensive. Who says stuff like that!? Can't stand her!

Sof25l
Learner
Learner

Post by Sof25l »

What she does in life?you know..when she's not eating fruits ..she got a job?

Return to “freelee the banana girl”