CraftyLady
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Thrift Thick

Post by CraftyLady »

[quote="optative"]Image

:roll:[/quote
That's my comment. No one is qualified for samples, and the site says if you are an Amazon Prime member, you have a better chance at getting them. Not shady at all. :tu:

vetiver
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by vetiver »

I actually signed up with pinchme (I know, I know) because I wanted to see what sort of samples I would qualify for, and they offered me that full size Olay cream, the shampoo and conditioner, and two other samples. Not sure I'll actually get it since it seems sort of hit or miss if people receive their samples, but I'm not sure how SO many people are saying they weren't offered anything at all.

It's bullshit that she says she doesn't accept 99% of the sponsorships offered to her, because the ones she has done are so gimmicky, I can't imagine what she's turning down.

Beautybasher
Informer
Informer

Post by Beautybasher »

She isn't going to delete the video.ANY attention whether its negative or positive is more important to her at this point then being totally honest about it.She should have done more research,but I think she is so excited about anything free she receives,she will just take it at face value.
You "bake" a cake...not your face.

optative
Talker
Talker

Post by optative »

haha yikes cassie. you sure did your research before making this video.... lol

optative
Talker
Talker

Post by optative »

CraftyLady wrote:That's my comment. No one is qualified for samples, and the site says if you are an Amazon Prime member, you have a better chance at getting them. Not shady at all.
it's like she was "sure! send me the stuff" *makes video*
and obvs she knows what she's talking about... :roll:

robinette
Debater
Debater

Post by robinette »

vetiver wrote:I actually signed up with pinchme (I know, I know) because I wanted to see what sort of samples I would qualify for, and they offered me that full size Olay cream, the shampoo and conditioner, and two other samples. Not sure I'll actually get it since it seems sort of hit or miss if people receive their samples, but I'm not sure how SO many people are saying they weren't offered anything at all.

It's bullshit that she says she doesn't accept 99% of the sponsorships offered to her, because the ones she has done are so gimmicky, I can't imagine what she's turning down.
Bluntly speaking, if I were a Sales rep or Marketing rep for a make-up company, I would take one look at her channel and say "No, thank you." I wouldn't want to be associated with her purely based on visuals, no matter how genuine or fun she is. As harsh as it sounds, in business (not just beauty) visuals play an important role and looking unclean (doesn't matter if she is or not) untidy, and frumpy is not opening any doors for her.

There are other youtubers with a similar subscriber-count who are better put together. Maybe not as quirky as her but at least they look clean and as if they care about their appearance and their surroundings. That's the kind of person a company wants to be associated with.

Beautybasher
Informer
Informer

Post by Beautybasher »

robinette wrote:
vetiver wrote:I actually signed up with pinchme (I know, I know) because I wanted to see what sort of samples I would qualify for, and they offered me that full size Olay cream, the shampoo and conditioner, and two other samples. Not sure I'll actually get it since it seems sort of hit or miss if people receive their samples, but I'm not sure how SO many people are saying they weren't offered anything at all.

Bluntly speaking, if I were a Sales rep or Marketing rep for a make-up company, I would take one look at her channel and say "No, thank you." I wouldn't want to be associated with her purely based on visuals, no matter how genuine or fun she is. As harsh as it sounds, in business (not just beauty) visuals play an important role and looking unclean (doesn't matter if she is or not) untidy, and frumpy is not opening any doors for her.

There are other youtubers with a similar subscriber-count who are better put together. Maybe not as quirky as her but at least they look clean and as if they care about their appearance and their surroundings. That's the kind of person a company wants to be associated with.
This may be true if it were a higher end company making offers to her,but this is a lower end company and because they are kinda low profile,they are going to ask pretty much anyone to plug their website.Cassie is the perfect candidate for lower end/lower profile companies because she is going to push anything she gets for free.

She made a comment about her valuing her integrity,this is a pure BS excuse for the fact that she fucked up BIG TIME and neglected to research the company she was pushing more thoroughly.If she cared about her integrity that much,rather than the bottom line of FREE,then she would have done her homework up and down the wazoo...but her loyal subjects are now supporting her with comments like "Cassie,so sorry you were duped or taken advantage of" PURE BS!!!

No one took advantage of her,she made this huge mistake with this video because she is too ignorant and desperate.

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

Beautybasher wrote:It's bullshit that she says she doesn't accept 99% of the sponsorships offered to her, because the ones she has done are so gimmicky, I can't imagine what she's turning down.
And besides let's assume that she doesn't accept most of her sponsorship offers... and what? It's not about not accepting most offers, it's about accepting only the really good ones and not turning down just the ones that you personally are not interested in.

Moochy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Moochy »

I don't want a Barbie doll telling me about products. I like Cassie precisely because she isn't a dolled up hot mess. I can live without the pouty and the lulzy model faces of other beauty YouTubers.

But she made an awful misstep here. And her fans won't help because they will tell her what her family tell her: that she's awesome and don't listen to the haters. There will be no learning moment from this video. She has enablers in numbers now.

fatsowseyebrows
Stalker
Stalker

Post by fatsowseyebrows »

Hey, I'm new to this website and a longtime subscriber of hers. Here's what bothers me about her.

-Her eyebrows. Oh my god, they are a hot mess. She cannot pull of bold brows, the shape is just bad for her.
-CONSTANT LIQUID LIP REVIEWS. Please make it stop! They are not flattering on you!
-Skin issues. I suffer from cystic acne, but I do take care of my skin. I don't think I've ever seen her post a skincare video. From her extreme flakiness on her face to the gross scabs (?) on her nose and forehead, she really needs to see a derm. I never watch her foundation or concealer review videos anymore, because not even the best of them look good on her skin :/
-Her obsession with free shit?? I don't feel like I can trust her reviews anymore! She just posted a video about Pinchme, and it really got on my nerves. I get that everyone likes free stuff, but they literally sent her tampons, vagina wash, foot cream, cheap skincare, and floss. WTF?
-WHY DOES SHE PLAY THE SAME EXACT ROYALTY FREE SONG IN THE BACKGROUND OF EVERY VIDEO PLEASE KILL ME
-Her background, lighting, messy apartment, etc. I get shes laid back and all, but why is her new backdrop a fucking Big Lots loveseat? Gross! You almost have 100k subscribers! Time to pull yourself together :roll:
-Her sense of style is sooo bad
-Has she ever washed, cut or brushed her hair?? Ever??

Sylvanas
Informer
Informer

Post by Sylvanas »

nina84 wrote:
Beautybasher wrote:It's bullshit that she says she doesn't accept 99% of the sponsorships offered to her, because the ones she has done are so gimmicky, I can't imagine what she's turning down.
And besides let's assume that she doesn't accept most of her sponsorship offers... and what? It's not about not accepting most offers, it's about accepting only the really good ones and not turning down just the ones that you personally are not interested in.
I have to say in this way she reminds me of older people who fall for email scams.

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

fatsowseyebrows wrote:-Skin issues. I suffer from cystic acne, but I do take care of my skin. I don't think I've ever seen her post a skincare video. From her extreme flakiness on her face to the gross scabs (?) on her nose and forehead, she really needs to see a derm. I never watch her foundation or concealer review videos anymore, because not even the best of them look good on her skin :/
For what it's worth, she has definitely been to a dermatologist in the last few months. She's mentioned it in some of the vlog parts of her first impressions videos. And the scabs are because of her dermatillomania, a disorder involving compulsive skin picking. She posted a long video about skincare a few months ago, but seems to change things up a lot, which is definitely not helping. I agree, though—she should be sticking to face products (both skincare and makeup) she knows won't break her out, not trying several new ones each month for videos.

I think Cassie really, desperately wants to make her subscribers happy, and she has a difficult time saying no when they ask her to review certain products. She doesn't like liquid lipsticks. Constant foundation reviews mess with her skin (and she's rarely happy with any of the foundations she tries). But she keeps making those videos because "so many of you all requested that I try" such-and-such liquid lipstick or so-and-so foundation. I think that's also a large part of why those videos seem so perfunctory and blah—she doesn't really care to be trying the products, but is doing it anyway because she feels like she needs to "for my subscribers." GIRL, your subscribers are not worth wrecking your skin for!
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

fatsowseyebrows wrote:Hey, I'm new to this website and a longtime subscriber of hers. Here's what bothers me about her.

-Her eyebrows. Oh my god, they are a hot mess. She cannot pull of bold brows, the shape is just bad for her.
-CONSTANT LIQUID LIP REVIEWS. Please make it stop! They are not flattering on you!
-Skin issues. I suffer from cystic acne, but I do take care of my skin. I don't think I've ever seen her post a skincare video. From her extreme flakiness on her face to the gross scabs (?) on her nose and forehead, she really needs to see a derm. I never watch her foundation or concealer review videos anymore, because not even the best of them look good on her skin :/
-Her obsession with free shit?? I don't feel like I can trust her reviews anymore! She just posted a video about Pinchme, and it really got on my nerves. I get that everyone likes free stuff, but they literally sent her tampons, vagina wash, foot cream, cheap skincare, and floss. WTF?
-WHY DOES SHE PLAY THE SAME EXACT ROYALTY FREE SONG IN THE BACKGROUND OF EVERY VIDEO PLEASE KILL ME
-Her background, lighting, messy apartment, etc. I get shes laid back and all, but why is her new backdrop a fucking Big Lots loveseat? Gross! You almost have 100k subscribers! Time to pull yourself together :roll:
I wasn't going to quote this whole thing but I agree with EVERYTHING.
She really needs to step her game up.
I know everyone likes free shit, but seriously, vag wash? Store brand tampons? It's not that exciting. If that was a box of natural stuff, it would be different but it was a box full of shit products that'll probably fuck her skin up.
I don't know, maybe products don't fuck her skin up and shes just using it as an excuse? The parts that look bad are the parts that have been picked. I had a friend who would do the same thing. She would get the tiniest zit but would pick it to the point where they would look like Cassie's. Besides that, her skin looked ok.
I agree 100% about her hair. Like I have said previously, I have the same hair type and i HAVE to wash it everyday. I know everyone is different but her hair looks like it greases out within 24 hours. Just fucking wash it and make it a routine!
She has almost 100k subs. Time to set up a backdrop or something...maybe a small filming area.
For fucks sake, do something and stop making excuses!

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

fatsowseyebrows wrote:Hey, I'm new to this website and a longtime subscriber of hers. Here's what bothers me about her.

I know everyone likes free shit, but seriously, vag wash? Store brand tampons? It's not that exciting. If that was a box of natural stuff, it would be different but it was a box full of shit products that'll probably fuck her skin up.
I don't know, maybe products don't fuck her skin up and shes just using it as an excuse? The parts that look bad are the parts that have been picked. I had a friend who would do the same thing. She would get the tiniest zit but would pick it to the point where they would look like Cassie's. Besides that, her skin looked ok.
I agree 100% about her hair. Like I have said previously, I have the same hair type and i HAVE to wash it everyday. I know everyone is different but her hair looks like it greases out within 24 hours. Just fucking wash it and make it a routine!
She has almost 100k subs. Time to set up a backdrop or something...maybe a small filming area.

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

Beautybasher
Informer
Informer

Post by Beautybasher »

Her new video shows a naked face ready to try a primer...my god CASSIE STOP PICKING at your face!! She now has two large gouges in her face,probably because she had a zit and picked until they now resemble craters.

The end of the video shows just how big the crater on her forehead is and how the makeup is just caked in there *gag*

sylveonplath
Learner
Learner

Post by sylveonplath »

Beautybasher wrote:Her new video shows a naked face ready to try a primer...my god CASSIE STOP PICKING at your face!! She now has two large gouges in her face,probably because she had a zit and picked until they now resemble craters.

The end of the video shows just how big the crater on her forehead is and how the makeup is just caked in there *gag*
Okay but what part of "compulsive skin picking disorder" are you not understanding? She literally CAN'T stop picking at her face.

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

Omg guys. Sorry I posted 4 times. My Tapatalk glitched.
I just thought it was funny that we said to make primer videos and she uploads an old primer video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpopfan10
Learner
Learner

Post by jpopfan10 »

Overall I did sub to her since I like the general idea of her channel and her videos can be helpful. With some of the people on YouTube being really shady, Cassie's channel is rather harmless compared to certain other gurus.

That being said, I really wish she would take better care of her physical appearance. She has nice features. The picking did make things worse though on her face and it is distracting, but if it is compulsive I won't criticize too much. When she applied just the foundation and concealer in her latest video, she looked quite youthful to me so maybe she needs to change up her eye or lip choices or how they are paired. My main concern is her hair. I have thin hair too and I understand it can be difficult to style and it damages easily, but her hair just looks bad. I personally use extensions, it helps disguise my hair situation - I'm not saying Cassie has to buy but if she straightened her hair and maybe tried them out her hair would look quite better. I know it's all her personal preference, but I think with makeup being quite shallow to begin with that if she improved her appearance she would see an increase in subs.

Return to “Thrift Thick”