Pogan and Pake, Vol. 2

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Pogan and Pake, Vol. 2

Post by Dobrica »

Logan is such an idiot for contesting this and continuing the beef. Although maybe it's a strategy to keep the feud going and do KSI v Logan 3, but I'm sure that's not it.

Both KSI and Logan came out looking like winners. Sure, Logan "lost," but he lost on points, after three consecutive illegal moves that could have gotten him disqualified. -2 was fair, had he attacked KSI more, he would have won regardless. But he didn't, thus it was almost a draw again, and it went in KSI's favor.

GET OVER IT. Everyone praised both of you. You made a lot of money. Nobody got hurt, nobody got knocked out, it was an even match, both of them could have won. This whole thing was a win overall. Take the "loss" like a champ and move on with your life.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I don't get Jake laughing at KSI hairline it just doesn't make sense, this is so cringy. Both Logan and Jake are going bald, nothing new, they generally laugh about it (like in that interview with Bhad Bhabie), it's like they are both self-deprecating and super conscious about it.

I remember in the match vs KSI, during the fight you can see Logan pull his wet hair to the front with his gloves, while fighting, I was like "this is not the moment to think about that, focus!". In the first match he wore headgear so he didn't have to think about that, but I think that might have affect him during the match, because anyone can take a bad screenshot of one second of him looking bad, so he want to look cool everytime, maybe he wasn't at his most focus killer self. I wish they didn't care about their hair that much, or at least not while fighting, I mean they both look generally hot because they are in good shape. Logan is sometimes super hot, balding or not, I don't think he is a bad loser as much as he is a cringy one, I hope he will get on the right track soon.

lmmomSD
Been thanked: 0

Post by lmmomSD »

Dumb question: WHY does Jake do these fake "weddings"? What good woman will ever take him seriously if he actually falls in love and says he wants to get married? I suppose that any woman who really loves him is going to have to take his past with a grain of salt.
It's wasteful too, but a lot of their lifestyle is wasteful, so that doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I think I remember he said couple sell or that "love" sell. Ultimately this is content, views, aka money. I think Jake/Tana started as a cute joke, the Paul Family channel, then he push the joke too far for too long. Tana got a subs/views boost for a while, but it's now normal. Jake got nothing than maybe gigs and content, his views are down and his subs are normal, he barely post anything interesting, but apparently he makes business money so... He might have a secret girlfriend off camera, I don't know if this is true, but yeah, his girlfriend would have to deal with a lot of past and present shit.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Nance wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:44 pm
I think I remember he said couple sell or that "love" sell. Ultimately this is content, views, aka money. I think Jake/Tana started as a cute joke, the Paul Family channel, then he push the joke too far for too long. Tana got a subs/views boost for a while, but it's now normal. Jake got nothing than maybe gigs and content, his views are down and his subs are normal, he barely post anything interesting, but apparently he makes business money so... He might have a secret girlfriend off camera, I don't know if this is true, but yeah, his girlfriend would have to deal with a lot of past and present shit.
Yeah this is exactly it. The “weddings” are business decisions. “People love couples” as he supposedly told Alissa at the start of team 10. The stream for the Jana wedding was $50! And be doesn’t seem to have paid a cent towards it what with sponsorships and that guy who supposedly paid (don’t know how much truth is in that).

Any genuine girlfriend would see how fake it all was because they see the things we don’t see. Presumably that’s how this Emma girl views it - like he’s an actor in a tv show and tana is his onscreen wife.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

horatio wrote:
Nance wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:44 pm
Yeah this is exactly it. The “weddings” are business decisions. “People love couples” as he supposedly told Alissa at the start of team 10. The stream for the Jana wedding was $50! And be doesn’t seem to have paid a cent towards it what with sponsorships and that guy who supposedly paid (don’t know how much truth is in that).

Any genuine girlfriend would see how fake it all was because they see the things we don’t see. Presumably that’s how this Emma girl views it - like he’s an actor in a tv show and tana is his onscreen wife.
That's an excellent point. Thanks. Good way to look at it.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

I think you’re pretty spot on. You don’t have to like Jake to accept his parents really fucked him up - I wouldn’t wish that upbringing on anyone. Where Greg was throwing them down the stairs for misbehaviour, Pam still proudly says “my house was a place they never heard no” - as if that’s any better. Bullied by the father and spoiled by the mother is the absolute classic combination to make a disturbed person. Many of the worst psychopaths and dictators in history have just such a background.Its lucky Jake Paul just turned out to be a divisive figure on the Internet really !

Logan I think is almost as damaged but with better coping mechanisms. Partly because he is just more intelligent, partly because the Japan scandal gave him a degree of emotional intelligence he was either missing or hiding before. And he didn’t grow up constantly in his brothers shadow m. Having him as a smarter, stronger and better looking older brother obviously created a whole host of extra neuroses for Jake, no doubt stoked by a father encouraging them to compete to a ludicrous degree.

The Paul’s are an interesting case study because so much of this is out there for all to see.I guess that’s what attracted Shane Dawson to go the route he did (with mixed results).

YouNeedToLogOut
Informer
Informer

Post by YouNeedToLogOut »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

ChibiAngel, ill def share my thoughts on Logan coping better with Jake later on, I’m at work at the moment but just wanted to make the quick point -
How telling and relevant to our conversation the neither brother spent thanksgiving with either parent?
Pam I’m guessing was with her new husband and step kids? We don’t hear much from them I’m wondering if Jake and Logan don’t get on with them? Do you know any more?
And the trampoline incident sounds familiar but i can’t remember why, care to fill me in on that too?

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Sorry for the slow reply but I have been thinking about it and I did read those character profiles - interesting. Even in a relatively stable family it seems to me birth order can play a huge role in the person you become. And in this family ... well they are the textbook golden boy older son - straight a student and jock , and class clown , not academic younger son perpetually in his brothers shadow. And now even into their adult life in the same career, same city, same goals... at least now Logan is taking a step back from boxing so Jake doesn’t have to be peeking over his shoulder ,blowing cigar smoke into peoples faces and running away...

That kids is always going to be looking for external validation, on that we agree. Logan I think is more complex. Remember in one of the podcasts with Jake they discussed how Jake suffers from anxiety but Logan has never experienced it? They clearly have their upbringing to thank for that. This unquestioned self belief has gotten bigger and bigger in Logan in the last year alongside his boxing training. If he was seeking external validation, or has any self doubt I really don’t think he was aware of it. To his cost, in the end, if you look at how the fight turned out.

I think Logan is in a new phase now. Something like shock followed by denial followed by depression. His character has become increasingly more deflated with each new podcast (haven’t watched the newest one - hopefully Hawaii helped) But the post fight Logan for sure has been in desperate need of validation. He picked a fight with a celebrity at a party? He’s been snapping at mike that he knows nothing about fighting? The episode he was hungover was just dreadful , barely speaking , cut it off after an hour to take a nap , no audio only .... you don’t need to know lots about Logan Paul to know he is usually a manic hard worker and wouldn’t put out sub par content because it makes him look lazy...

It’s notable how much his personality is malleable. The pre Japan Logan I basically think of as a different person - he even looks totally different. And I can’t bear him. But it does suggest parts of him are less genuine than they appear ... and so again, changing your self suffers a need for external validation...all this said I don’t think he’s about to change as much as he did last time.
I think this is all about him accepting his fallibility, that the old “I can do anything I set my mind to if I work hard enough to get there” line just isn’t always true...
Logan Paul grows up pt2?

Interesting you say Logan is the clingy one over mike ?! Or that they are equally. I don’t mind mike, I think he’s fundamentally a good guy. But he’s clearly so insecure about living rent free with someone a decade younger than him and more rich than he’ll ever be... so he talks about the drugs which held him back, he talks about how much he works...but even making his own content he’s still very much Logan’s best friend and he’d be lost and irrelevant without it . Whereas Logan without mike ? Wouldn’t be all that different...

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Sorry to double post after such a long one but what do you know... the new podcast is maybe one of the best ever. The difference between this and the last one could hardly be greater. You can see how much Logan (and mike too) needed a holiday. Seeing them all hyper and giggly and telling endless stories to Spencer that really aren’t the same if you aren’t there but still sweet and really wholesome to see.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Mike is absolutely on fire in this episode. It could be obnoxious but when you get used to him and realise he doesn’t take himself at all seriously ,it’s hilarious.
And I do like their friendship, it’s sweet. Yes there are negative clingy elements as discussed. But actually I think Logan adores Mike, he’s just less insecure about it. Something about the nature of their friendship feels very rare between men, but reminds me of how a female friendship can be really intense and almost like a love affair. The way they are close, both say they can’t see themselves not living together (even if they also know it won’t last )and mike slept on a pull out bed in Logan’s room in Hawaii (“the pull out bed was the only thing to do that in this room”)

wildturtle
Informer
Informer

Post by wildturtle »

Nah Mike is obnoxious

molim
Learner
Learner

Post by molim »

rva1 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:36 am
Will someone give a I-don't-want-to-give-Jake-a-view-to-watch-this-clickbait recap of this bs "The truth about Alissa Violet" video? He's so transparent it's actually gross.
Its just a video of him explaining the lyrics of his new song coming out on Friday and behind the scenes of the music video filming. Nothing about Alissa and I think it was just for clickbait. He also gave strangers a sneak peek of his new song to listen too without telling them it was him and the reactions were funny as hell.

Jake also has his own new MTV show called BUSTEDness and it sounds like its a spinoff of Rob Dyrdek MTV show ridiculousness. Jake also was the guest on Rob Dyrdekshow ridiculousness this week so Rob must have taken jake under his wings and gave him as show that Robs production company films.

Logan must be really pissed of and jealous that it is going this good for jake despite Logan changing his whole brand to get love back from Hollywood. And this boxing fight he lost that made his loser brand even bigger.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

molim wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:29 pm
rva1 wrote:
Will someone give a I-don't-want-to-give-Jake-a-view-to-watch-this-clickbait recap of this bs "The truth about Alissa Violet" video? He's so transparent it's actually gross.
Its just a video of him explaining the lyrics of his new song coming out on Friday and behind the scenes of the music video filming. Nothing about Alissa and I think it was just for clickbait. He also gave strangers a sneak peek of his new song to listen too without telling them it was him and the reactions were funny as hell.
why funny ? Because all of them thought if was really good ,? the lowest anyone gave it was 8/10 . And they were mostly young cool looking people.
The whole video has the vibe of an informercial. Forget the click bait title , it’s essentially “introducing: Jake Paul, the rapper.” There’s even a ‘behind the lyrics’ section. Hearing him rap / sing them is funny tho, it does not sound nice , he is tone deaf. Seriously he is BAD.

He talks about when he was first in LA and Alissa was in Ohio still. He makes sure to mention she was seeing someone else. He says he keeps in touch with his exes mothers when they won’t speak to him and does this little chuckle. He’s trying way to hard to seem the hopeless unlucky in love sweetheart rather than the cold manipulator we know him to be. It’s ridiculous

The kid is great at self promotion I’ll give him that. But nothing about this feels even slightly natural.

molim
Learner
Learner

Post by molim »

Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 pm
So according to Erika their makeup was for healing and she indirectly admitted they were toxic.

Also same BS: She went from "Info coming soon" to "You'll find out in 2020" about Gloat/Bia. I get she has brand deals but the incessant vagueness is annoying. Like why mention it at all then if you're not close to releasing it?

She also never addressed if her and Jake were actually friends are not (which Jake did)

This is irksome...here's why....they talk alot without answering anything (basically rehash what's online).

Logan is apparently depressed according to fan accounts.

Jake still gets along with Mike (IDK why???)

Still hangs around Izadi sadly.

He said the Team10 situation is complicated so I wonder if the Caci Twins are even there?

Hahaha

You don't travel 2 hours to San Diego and spend 3 days with your ex just 1 day after coming home from your birthday trip to Miami for "healing" :D

She is wearing his shirts none stop

Jake and Erikas relationship was always sex in return for clout and that is what they keep doing now and from 2017.

molim
Learner
Learner

Post by molim »

horatio wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:25 pm
molim wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:29 pm
rva1 wrote:
why funny ? Because all of them thought if was really good ,? the lowest anyone gave it was 8/10 . And they were mostly young cool looking people.
The whole video has the vibe of an informercial. Forget the click bait title , it’s essentially “introducing: Jake Paul, the rapper.” There’s even a ‘behind the lyrics’ section. Hearing him rap / sing them is funny tho, it does not sound nice , he is tone deaf. Seriously he is BAD.

He talks about when he was first in LA and Alissa was in Ohio still. He makes sure to mention she was seeing someone else. He says he keeps in touch with his exes mothers when they won’t speak to him and does this little chuckle. He’s trying way to hard to seem the hopeless unlucky in love sweetheart rather than the cold manipulator we know him to be. It’s ridiculous

The kid is great at self promotion I’ll give him that. But nothing about this feels even slightly natural.

Ooo Jake is a classic narcissist for sure

It's just very strange how he makes a song about Alissa and not Erika.

which makes you wonder how fake Jerika really was and if there even was any love at all.

I think this will be one of jakes songs that do not do good. He has lost almost 50% of his fans since his last song in march so this flop is gonna hurt his ego big time.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

I don’t think the song is very good at all. Jake is not musical, his singing/ rapping voice has an awful droning quality to it. On the track it’s absolutely dripping in auto tune- and it still sounds bad. It’s no secret I’m no fan of his but I honestly tried to approach listening to this as objectively as possible. And seeing the response of those people on the street in that video, though I really knew it was not an accurate sample, a small part of me thought it might be ok. I know he’s desperate to upgrade out of “YouTuber music” but this is not going to do it...

Honestly I think he was jealous of KSI’s song with Rick Ross and that’s why he’s talking about being a serious musician suddenly. Because I expected that to be a ‘YouTube’ track too... but it’s actually really good. Jake’s song isn’t even comparable in quality and professionalism honestly.

And yeah the video is terrible. Look at that Rolex flex though, it’s practically bursting out of the screen the way it shines. “I moved to LA I became famous as fuck” made me laugh a bit. Because I know he is famous...within a certain demographic. None of my friends in their late twenties / early thirties know who he is. I’m the only one who watches YouTubers and he is famous as a YouTuber despite what he wants people to think. By my definition, “famous as fuck” includes the over 25’s.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Just to add on another topic, I’m glad impaulsive won the streamy award. I am quite fond of it. Actually, it’s the only reason I like Logan Paul, something I never thought I’d say. Maybe 6 months ago I was recommended the episode with the wolf of Wall Street guy and I watched it because I was interested in him but against my betters judgement, as I still thought of Logan as the incredibly irritating pre- Japan character. But I had to admit it was quite enjoyable and they were good hosts. So I watched another. And now i watch them all.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Seriously. If anything, they used EACH OTHER.

Return to “The Paul Brothers”