Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 50)

Post by dragitonpls »

Lily_111 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:15 pm
dragitonpls wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:48 pm
Lily_111 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:29 pm
As much as I love Addison I just don’t like the dynamic of the two of them. Also, their Snapchat stories are so cringe. I kinda miss it when he was shipped with Madison or Natalie....
I’m so glad the datalie shipping days are over.
Addison is a much much better fit for David. She’s smiley, pretty, petite and even called David sexy!!! Natalie would never compliment David like that. Plus Addison seems fine with not being the center of attention unlike natalie, and doesn’t try to take away his spotlight

I mean yes I agree but at the same time I just don’t see them working it just weird to me! David is really persuasive it was bold of her to caption it that tbh haha
As for Datalie I’m over too especially since Natalie choose Todd and broke the girl code but I just miss the whole era of that ship before it sank!
Yes even though Addison is really young and still a teen, she is way more mature than natalie has ever been. She’s also not a slut who sleeps with her friends ex boyfriends.

Lily_111
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lily_111 »

dragitonpls wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:41 pm
Lily_111 wrote:
dragitonpls wrote:
Lily_111 wrote:
As much as I love Addison I just don’t like the dynamic of the two of them. Also, their Snapchat stories are so cringe. I kinda miss it when he was shipped with Madison or Natalie....
Addison is a much much better fit for David. She’s smiley, pretty, petite and even called David sexy!!! Natalie would never compliment David like that. Plus Addison seems fine with not being the center of attention unlike natalie, and doesn’t try to take away his spotlight

I mean yes I agree but at the same time I just don’t see them working it just weird to me! David is really persuasive it was bold of her to caption it that tbh haha
As for Datalie I’m over too especially since Natalie choose Todd and broke the girl code but I just miss the whole era of that ship before it sank!
Yes even though Addison is really young and still a teen, she is way more mature than natalie has ever been. She’s also not a slut who sleeps with her friends ex boyfriends.

Girl no, slut is a bold word to use and unnecessary!!! Yes what she did is wrong considering the facts that they are friends but still at the end of the day they are grown adults that can make their own choices!
:HK:

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

dragitonpls wrote:
Lily_111 wrote:
there's a lot to unpack here lol natalie is very pretty, you don't have to compare them. also i am not body shaming, but addison isn't that petite, but that aside, why do you keep trying to pair david up with petite girls? all the girls that david hangs out with are perfectly fine the way they are. also i would argue that addison enjoys being in the spotlight as much as any other influencer? otherwise she probably wouldn't be on tiktok.

just chill with the natalie hate. she isn't my favorite person, but your attempts at character assassination are uncalled for and immature

rostw
Learner
Learner

Post by rostw »

darcyking wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:13 pm
dragitonpls wrote:
Lily_111 wrote:
there's a lot to unpack here lol natalie is very pretty, you don't have to compare them. also i am not body shaming, but addison isn't that petite, but that aside, why do you keep trying to pair david up with petite girls? all the girls that david hangs out with are perfectly fine the way they are. also i would argue that addison enjoys being in the spotlight as much as any other influencer? otherwise she probably wouldn't be on tiktok.

just chill with the natalie hate. she isn't my favorite person, but your attempts at character assassination are uncalled for and immature
I really dislike Natalie but I'm gonna have to agree on this one. The slut shaming was not okay. It's messed up for her to sleep with Todd because he's Corinna's ex, but he's just as much at fault, and Natalie hooking up with someone isn't the part that's wrong, it's who she's hooking up with.

And she and Addison are the same height and similar body types, but regardless I don't get the constant use of the word "petite" when trying to ship David with girls. Yeah he's expressed a preference for small girls but that's kind of... not cool and we shouldn't be encouraging that? He literally said he's into small girls because he asked Alex what kind of girls he was into and that was his answer so it isn't even based on David's personal preferences... I don't want him with Natalie because I find her annoying and hate her in the content, not because of her body type.

dragitonpls
Learner
Learner

Post by dragitonpls »

Lily_111 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:57 pm
dragitonpls wrote:
Lily_111 wrote:
dragitonpls wrote:
Lily_111 wrote:

Girl no, slut is a bold word to use and unnecessary!!! Yes what she did is wrong considering the facts that they are friends but still at the end of the day they are grown adults that can make their own choices!
Okay, I can see the word was probably a bit much so my apologies, but David called her a whore in the latest podcast, and while some may say he’s kidding, I cant help but see that he meant some kind of truth to it. He’s had to watch her not only sleep with their friends ex, but also flirt and toy with all of his friends feelings too.. Ilya, Jeff, Zane.. even Charlie puth for fucks sake. And then she makes all of these advances on David, like trying to kiss him.. and then she has the nerve to fuck Corinnas ex in davids own house!!! I meannnn.. there’s a word for that and David used it before me 😬

lilaclove19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lilaclove19 »

I've been watching David's vlogs from the beginning since being quarantined and I'm now in the middle of 2017 and whew...I think I know why the vlogs have been so stale lately...

We're missing the crazy and dramatic "characters" like Durte Dom, Alex, Big Nik, Tr*sha, Gabbie, and idc how annoying y'all thought Liza was, she had a big personality and she really did carry a lot those early vlogs along with Alex and Gabbie. Even lesser known members like Julia Abner and Elton were weird in their own right. And when the more normal people like Carly and Erin popped up it made everything more well rounded. Nowadays, the VS is so...polished? There's no one wacky enough to balance shit out. The current members are so boring on their own imo. Heath and Zane are getting older; it's not fun to watch Zane blackout anymore because the other dudes have grown out of that behavior so he just looks sad in comparison. Jason's clearly done with it all. And I'm sorry to say, but David and Natalie as the two leads are so.fucking.dull. David is at his best when he's the shit stirrer, the little hellion who's scaring everyone, or even the sane one when he's interacting with someone like Dom or Tr*sha -- but this David we've been getting lately..this cutesy Nickelodeon/tik tok star? Ugh. :roll: And I don't care about Todd and Natalie. Like at all. Natalie's not open enough to make it as tragically entertaining as Todd/Corinna.

If David keeps getting all chummy with these tik tok girls like that Addison chick and starts putting them in the vlogs I fear it's just going to get worse. I'm slightly hoping for this quarantine drama to taint his image a bit or for him to get some type of huge wakeup call that appeasing ~traditional~ hollywood is useless at this point. I think what Megan the publicist has done for his career has been phenomenal but my gawd I think the push into mainstream media has really sanitized his content.

He's lost sight of what made his shit special. It's not about the big, elaborate scenario...it's about the group of friends in that scenario. What made the San Andreas prank so goddamn good was who it was being done to: Brandon the hypochondriac. Now it's just like...dkfnksdnfkon ELEPHANT TOOTHPASTE!!11!!! nkndknPUPPIES??? WHO??LOVES???NATALIE!!???

In conclusion, I'm tired and I wish he'd take this time to reevaluate the direction he wants to take his channel in. David, don't be afraid to introduce new crazy, "problematic" people. And focus less on the big plot and more on developing your cast of characters.

as-bj93
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by as-bj93 »

lilaclove19 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:57 pm
I've been watching David's vlogs from the beginning since being quarantined and I'm now in the middle of 2017 and whew...I think I know why the vlogs have been so stale lately...

We're missing the crazy and dramatic "characters" like Durte Dom, Alex, Big Nik, Tr*sha, Gabbie, and idc how annoying y'all thought Liza was, she had a big personality and she really did carry a lot those early vlogs along with Alex and Gabbie. Even lesser known members like Julia Abner and Elton were weird in their own right. And when the more normal people like Carly and Erin popped up it made everything more well rounded. Nowadays, the VS is so...polished? There's no one wacky enough to balance shit out. The current members are so boring on their own imo. Heath and Zane are getting older; it's not fun to watch Zane blackout anymore because the other dudes have grown out of that behavior so he just looks sad in comparison. Jason's clearly done with it all. And I'm sorry to say, but David and Natalie as the two leads are so.fucking.dull. David is at his best when he's the shit stirrer, the little hellion who's scaring everyone, or even the sane one when he's interacting with someone like Dom or Tr*sha -- but this David we've been getting lately..this cutesy Nickelodeon/tik tok star? Ugh. :roll: And I don't care about Todd and Natalie. Like at all. Natalie's not open enough to make it as tragically entertaining as Todd/Corinna.

If David keeps getting all chummy with these tik tok girls like that Addison chick and starts putting them in the vlogs I fear it's just going to get worse. I'm slightly hoping for this quarantine drama to taint his image a bit or for him to get some type of huge wakeup call that appeasing ~traditional~ hollywood is useless at this point. I think what Megan the publicist has done for his career has been phenomenal but my gawd I think the push into mainstream media has really sanitized his content.

He's lost sight of what made his shit special. It's not about the big, elaborate scenario...it's about the group of friends in that scenario. What made the San Andreas prank so goddamn good was who it was being done to: Brandon the hypochondriac. Now it's just like...dkfnksdnfkon ELEPHANT TOOTHPASTE!!11!!! nkndknPUPPIES??? WHO??LOVES???NATALIE!!???

In conclusion, I'm tired and I wish he'd take this time to reevaluate the direction he wants to take his channel in. David, don't be afraid to introduce new crazy, "problematic" people. And focus less on the big plot and more on developing your cast of characters.
good point .. but David always depends on his luck -i can't count how many times Jason rant about how lucky David is-
he can't do anything if nothing is already happening around him

i would love to see where thing are gonna go from here .. as you said there's no big characters around them and the last one Trisha is hard to get over .. i don't think they will be as open to meet new crazy character after her lol

dragitonpls
Learner
Learner

Post by dragitonpls »

lilaclove19 wrote:

This!!!!!! It’s not davids fault in my opinion bc he can really churn out great content but one of the things that makes him great (loyalty) is also his biggest fault. Somehow Natalie wedged herself into every bit and content and David is too nice to get her out of there... it’s 100 percent natalie who has made his content boring as fuck. She mentioned in an interview how she’s coordinating the bits, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all that the ones that fall flat are her doing— like the science bits. Plus she probably makes David put all that shipping shit in there bc it obviously brings her lots of attention. He seems really overworked so I’m super glad he is able to get some rest and a vacation during this quarantine!!!

lilaclove19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lilaclove19 »

as-bj93 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:08 pm
David always depends on his luck -

as you said there's no big characters around them and the last one Trisha is hard to get over .. i don't think they will be as open to meet new crazy character after her lol
When will that luck run out? That's what I want to know lmaoo

That's so true about Tr*sha, and what's interesting is that he apparently hired Megan around the same time of the threesome joke drama. Don't get me wrong, it's 100% Tr*sha's fault for how things went down, but I do think there's some truth to what she says about feeling pushed out...

dragitonpls wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:14 pm
This!!!!!! It’s not davids fault in my opinion bc he can really churn out great content but one of the things that makes him great (loyalty) is also his biggest fault. Somehow Natalie wedged herself into every bit and content and David is too nice to get her out of there... it’s 100 percent natalie who has made his content boring as fuck. She mentioned in an interview how she’s coordinating the bits, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all that the ones that fall flat are her doing— like the science bits. Plus she probably makes David put all that shipping shit in there bc it obviously brings her lots of attention. He seems really overworked so I’m super glad he is able to get some rest and a vacation during this quarantine!!!
Good lord this is a lot to unpack lol

Natalie's overexposure is all on David; he saw that the fans were into her and he beat that to the ground (like he does with a lot of things). I do think Natalie and Megan's influence has affected the content. David has said before that he goes to Natalie and I assume Megan as well, and runs jokes or bits by them before making the final cut of his vlog. David is a total guy's guy when it comes to crude humor and tone deafness regarding touchy topics, so it makes sense that he puts a lot of trust into two mature women around his age who will keep him in check. The earlier vlogs had that South Park irreverent feel to them because it was all David's vision. In some ways, it was great (shock collars), but there were times he got in a lot of trouble (the native american bit). Natalie and Megan are not far off from the sensitive twitter stans who are mainly the teenage girls that make up David's fanbase, so they most likely know what's going to fly well with them and what will send them into a cancel fury. David seems obsessed with keeping his good guy image but he's definitely sacrificed his spunkiness. I don't blame the content change on Megan and Natalie; I think they're doing their job right.

I think it's been discussed here before but Natalie really is playing multiple "roles". Someone on here or maybe it was reddit said that she's playing the roommate role (Alex), the main girl (Liza), the hot girl (Corinna), the straight man (Brandon), and even the drama queen at times (Gabbie). The problem is that she's only one person and I say this as someone who is completely indifferent towards her with no harsh feelings, she's not interesting enough. Again, it's not her fault, it's just the way it is because there's no one else in the group to assume those roles.

The ship baiting is also 100% David lol Natalie always seemed annoyed and borderline disgusted when he roped her into that. I think she's lightened up lately because she's getting dick on the daily from Todd so she doesn't care anymore.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

lilaclove19 wrote:

Wow I think you hit the nail on the head. I have a sneaky suspicion that over the last few months, he's been working to make himself more marketable. He could go out there and find himself those big personalities ready to say and do whatever he wants, eg Tana! But he's not doing that, I mean whats the worst we have had recently? Turning down a blow job from Corinna? I wonder if he actually feels like he's done with the vlogs and is just waiting long enough to get a big chance of some sort.

The thing that made David's vlogs special was the fact that he gave no shits about getting demonitised. He wasn't going to bleep the swearing and he was going to use whatever song fit best. He didn't care how any of it affected his public image.

Also yes this is entirely Natalie's fault. She for sure sits on David all day so he can't do any work. And you know, she's definitely heavy enough to keep him pinned down. Poor little David.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

GoingDownWinkyFace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GoingDownWinkyFace »

lilaclove19 wrote:

You also have Josh being around less (regardless of how liked he is, he’s got a big personality), Seth left, Brandon dating a 17 year old resulting in less screen time and early Kristen was more into it. The random roommates, Vardan isn’t a cute little kid anymore, Nabil isn’t seen much anymore, etc. They’re not all the biggest vlog characters but they fleshed out the vlog world so to speak. I think the awkward reality is that they’ve outgrown their most entertaining years and that includes David. They’ve either outgrown their most insane behaviour, it’s become sad that they haven’t or they’ve left. Now you get flashy things to distract from that. It was lightning in a bottle and a time in their lives that’s ending. Natalie is just in the straight man mold but doesn’t have the old school insanity to react to.

And it’s got to be said, they’ve had a lot of substance abuse problems. Heath, Zane, Scott and I’d include Todd. Some have talked about anxiety. David and Jason have issues with food and David’s likely unchecked OCD. These are things that will catch up with you.

LittleSadBoi
Learner
Learner

Post by LittleSadBoi »

Have any of you seen Scott's latest video? Scott and Jay have a new roommate named Jack (Jac?), and they made sure to heavily clarify that they weren't breaking any of the quarantine rules due to the fact that she is moving in. I guess the backlash is getting intense enough now that they're doing damage control. But the whole thing still seems iffy to me because she has her own place and the only reason that she moved in was because she wanted company. I get that it can be lonely by yourself, but it could be a problem if she or either of the boys already is or became an asymptomatic carrier of the virus. That just adds one more person for it to possibly spread to. Then again, I'm not particularly informed on this type of quarantine circumstance, so I could very well just be spewing bullshit.

On a different note, people really seem to be liking Jack if the comments are any indication. Personally, though, I find her to be incredibly annoying and obnoxious. If she is as heavily featured in the upcoming videos as she was in this one, I might be taking a break from Scott's videos for a while. My love for him is not strong enough to beat out my dislike for her.

lilaclove19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lilaclove19 »

Teacup30 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:55 pm
He could go out there and find himself those big personalities ready to say and do whatever he wants, eg Tana!

Also yes this is entirely Natalie's fault. She for sure sits on David all day so he can't do any work. And you know, she's definitely heavy enough to keep him pinned down. Poor little David.
Yes! Thank you! It drives me crazy that he doesn't use Tana more often. She could definitely be a Durte Dom type, where she's not in the vlogs all the time but she's a consistent character that he goes to visit. She also has her own ragtag group of friends that could add something special. Also, there's so many crazy ass youtubers who are more than willing to collab with him. James Charles? Logan Paul? Even J* was ready to be a part of the vlogs...and that was after the Tr*sha nonsense! But David's set on becoming hollywood's golden boy that he turned them all down because they're controversial (this is the same boy who had spongebob and elmo snorting cocaine and committing suicide btw). Now we're stuck with the occasional Charlie Puth and David Blaine appearances...which is fine...I guess? But can you imagine David and Logan in a vlog together LOL hell, even someone like Cody Ko would be great. I just watched the vlog where he's with them at vidcon making out with Corinna.

Yeah, what the fuck is with this Natalie hate lately? Is this all because of Todd? :rofl:

rostw
Learner
Learner

Post by rostw »

GoingDownWinkyFace wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:05 pm
lilaclove19 wrote:
You also have Josh being around less (regardless of how liked he is, he’s got a big personality), Seth left, Brandon dating a 17 year old resulting in less screen time and early Kristen was more into it. The random roommates, Vardan isn’t a cute little kid anymore, Nabil isn’t seen much anymore, etc. They’re not all the biggest vlog characters but they fleshed out the vlog world so to speak. I think the awkward reality is that they’ve outgrown their most entertaining years and that includes David. They’ve either outgrown their most insane behaviour, it’s become sad that they haven’t or they’ve left. Now you get flashy things to distract from that. It was lightning in a bottle and a time in their lives that’s ending. Natalie is just in the straight man mold but doesn’t have the old school insanity to react to.

And it’s got to be said, they’ve had a lot of substance abuse problems. Heath, Zane, Scott and I’d include Todd. Some have talked about anxiety. David and Jason have issues with food and David’s likely unchecked OCD. These are things that will catch up with you.
100% this. If you drink and do drugs when you're the ages they were when the vlogs were great, you'd be having that much fun too. At least my friends and I did, we just didn't film it lol. But now a lot of my friends are sober, and people have moved away, and we're too old and committed to jobs and lives to just pick up and go to Vegas at 9 p.m. or get blackout drunk every weekend. It's the same for the VS. You outgrow it, you move on, you grow up. It's incredible that David captured it for them, and they're lucky that they'll be able to look back on it forever.
I selfishly don't want it to end because I love the vlogs, and I do think he's got time left in him. But they're never going to be what they were.

katelynglacken
Learner
Learner

Post by katelynglacken »

Holy fuck I don’t like Natalie but damn why is someone here acting like she literally murdered their family...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilaclove19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lilaclove19 »

GoingDownWinkyFace wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:05 pm
I think the awkward reality is that they’ve outgrown their most entertaining years and that includes David. They’ve either outgrown their most insane behaviour, it’s become sad that they haven’t or they’ve left. Now you get flashy things to distract from that. It was lightning in a bottle and a time in their lives that’s ending. Natalie is just in the straight man mold but doesn’t have the old school insanity to react to.

I'd say this is true for the older boys but David's only 23, isn't that the same age Zane and Heath were when they first appeared in the vlogs? I think if he plays his cards right he can ride this out through his mid twenties. David's vlogs should be the bridge connecting all of these youtubers imo. I mentioned in my reply to teacup all of the big personalities willing to collab with him, and I think back to how fucking hilarious vlogs with people like Elle Mills, whoaavicky (?), and yes even Tr*sha and J* were. Idk why but I always got this giddy feeling when I saw other influencers popping up in the vlogs, it was like a big guest star lol If he can't rely on the original, core members then he should expand beyond corny celebrities and tik tokers.

I agree with your point re their personal issues, like I've said before, Jason is done lol he's done a lot but he's definitely not at his prime anymore. Besides Zane, the other boys seem to be settling down. As sad and shitty as this sounds, and you're more than welcome to call me out, David's *alleged* OCD definitely makes things interesting. Do I worry about him? Yes. Am I fascinated by his strangeness? Yes.

rostw
Learner
Learner

Post by rostw »

I've tried to post this three times and it won't show up so here's one more chance, if not RIP.

Is anyone else worried about Scott?
He made that video about being an alcoholic and said he planned to continue to drink socially, which you literally cannot do as an alcoholic. Alcoholics don't get to only drink on weekends or only drink with friends, because they will always, always spiral deep into drinking heavily all the time. Now he's taking shots in his videos and drinking in other people's videos and... he's drinking again. And you can bet he's drinking way more than he's showing in videos. It won't take long before he's drinking excessively alone every night again. And I know his friends love him but they're drinking with him and Heath had him in a booze ad, and that's just not supportive or helpful to him being sober.
I feel really bad for him because it's hard to get sober in general but doing it surrounded by people who drink a lot would be near impossible. I feel like that combined with the break up is not doing him any favors and I would not be surprised if things get really bad for him drinking-wise sooner than not.
Obviously I hope that doesn't happen but I can definitely see it coming.

Post by Guest »

dragitonpls wrote:
Lily_111 wrote:
dragitonpls wrote:
Lily_111 wrote:

Excuse me? This is comment is insane. You think Addison is a teen and you are still want her and David to date? (She is 19 btw) Can we please not start to excuse pedophilia here? And don't get me started on the slut shaming. I am convinced that you are a troll.

rostw
Learner
Learner

Post by rostw »

2stereotyped4u wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:15 pm
dragitonpls wrote:
Lily_delete11 wrote:
dragitonpls wrote:
Lily_delete11 wrote:
Excuse me? This is comment is insane. You think Addison is a teen and you are still want her and David to date? (She is 19 btw) Can we please not start to excuse pedophilia here? And don't get me started on the slut shaming. I am convinced that you are a troll.
Whoa whoa... 19 and 23 is not pedophilia. She isn't 16 and he isn't 30. There are a lot of couples with way bigger age gaps. I wouldn't be thrilled if he started dating an 18 year old, or if she started dating a 28 year old, because it's weird when people are in such different stages of life that they date that much younger, but... they're not that far apart in age.

the_tiktak_channel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by the_tiktak_channel »

Maybe David should try interacting with more strangers on Hollywood Blvd, like the old days. He can easily run into some crazy there. I really like Dillon Francis, and maybe he could be the plug for crazier people in his industry. And stop with the money giveaway thing. It's tired. At this point, just start a charity instead of gifting money to strangers every other vlog. It kills like a minute of vlog air time and I think it's been part of his brand long enough that he doesn't have to drill it into people's mind anyone. We get it. You give money away, cool.

What I want more of is sketches and bits instead of showing the drawn-out bachelor/ette storyline. David is very quick-witted and so are plenty of his friends. He should make sketches a normal part of his vlogs again. I feel like that could even be easy for him, since he has no problem interacting with those people in Jason and Joe's vlogs and going back and forth for the fun of it. Okay, David make it a part of the vlog again. You're all funny, so what's the issue. It doesn't always have to be blowing shit up and celebrities to catch interest. The fandom is strong and the VS can entertain well enough on their own wit plus david's editing...

Speaking of new characters, even within the group there are some good characters that aren't being used to their fullest. Like Zane. Zane is funny. He's been part of some of my favorite Denny House bits. I think he's forgotten that he's been more than a drunk on Davids vlogs in the past. Also Erin is a character to a degree. She could be a bigger character if David included more of it, but she's usually around mostly as a background face. But stuff like David's "I won't tell your fiance when you cheat on him" to which she replied "okay thank you so much" was perfectly executed lol. More of her actual personality could be really good. And then less of the more bland characters would be great. Less Carly. Less Natalie. Less Todd...unless Todd and Natalie get messy, because then I would like to see it.

Return to “David Dobrik”