viewtopic.php?f=580&t=37066

queenbuzz
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 42)

Post by queenbuzz »

I missed the larger convo on Natalie but wanted to throw something in. I wanted to post this like less than a month ago but everyone was high on Natalie so I just didn't but it's now relevant. I was getting sooo annoyed by how lazy her spon-con was and the little effort she was putting into it. Everyone was cheering her on cause she was getting the bag or whatever but c'mon girl, you can do better than lazy cash grabbing at every sponsorship that comes your way. There seems to be no effort to build a brand beyond bubblegum pop influencer. AND then to see her post on plastic pollution and hear she studied Environmental Science in college? Way to push for fast fashion and unrelenting consumption. That's a whole other topic but huh, guess this youtube/media/vlogging thing isn't as easy as David and the Vlog Squad make it seem? All of her spon-con seems to be made in one take and whatever comes into her head at the moment. So she's really in no place to be judging David/Vlog Squad and thinking she's better than everyone when she does the bare minimum with her posts. Her influence is solely due to David/Vlog Squad, she would not be in the place she is now if they weren't hyping her up all the time. One last thing is that as David's assistant, she is in the position to be doing way more for her brand. It really says something about her ability to be creative, entrepreneurial, and all that, to be so close to David/Vlog Squad and just come out of it as a low-level influencer. So, who's just good at vlogging now? She can't even turn an opportunity of a lifetime into something more interesting than being a run of the mill influencer in LA where there are tens of thousands.

artshaderoom
Talker
Talker

Post by artshaderoom »

urlittlevenicebitch wrote:
rshadewinslet wrote:
urlittlevenicebitch wrote: Image

spotted cody in the back of drakes recent post lol. i’m glad he isn’t mooching off the vlog squad months after getting out of jail but honesty what the hell does this man do? i’m guessing he’s a security guard x past (or low key) drug dealer to the ~celebs~. so so random.
HAHAHAHA wtf
this is so random
god i hope he isn't back to dealing drugs.. that's what i think he and jeff were doing with justin bieber lol

look like security tho
lmao it truly is such a random post!! i was cracking up when i saw it on the last slide bc he just looks like such a creep in the back too loll. but yeah, im pretty positive that he’s some sort of security now and was one before he went to jail. i remember during the summer he wanted to be david’s security iirc so it adds up. but like i definitely think jeff and him were for sure jb’s plug before cody went to jail. being a security and the low key plug sounds very legit for someone like cody loll.
Cody said f*ck the vlog squad I work with Drake now lol.

I can totally see jeff benefiting from cody's security job to link up with all these celebs once david ditches the VS.

urlittlevenicebitch
Learner
Learner

Post by urlittlevenicebitch »

artshaderoom wrote:
urlittlevenicebitch wrote:
rshadewinslet wrote:
urlittlevenicebitch wrote: Image

spotted cody in the back of drakes recent post lol. i’m glad he isn’t mooching off the vlog squad months after getting out of jail but honesty what the hell does this man do? i’m guessing he’s a security guard x past (or low key) drug dealer to the ~celebs~. so so random.
HAHAHAHA wtf
this is so random
god i hope he isn't back to dealing drugs.. that's what i think he and jeff were doing with justin bieber lol

look like security tho
lmao it truly is such a random post!! i was cracking up when i saw it on the last slide bc he just looks like such a creep in the back too loll. but yeah, im pretty positive that he’s some sort of security now and was one before he went to jail. i remember during the summer he wanted to be david’s security iirc so it adds up. but like i definitely think jeff and him were for sure jb’s plug before cody went to jail. being a security and the low key plug sounds very legit for someone like cody loll.
Cody said f*ck the vlog squad I work with Drake now lol.

I can totally see jeff benefiting from cody's security job to link up with all these celebs once david ditches the VS.
cody did a level up with that one tbh!
✨Queen of Typos✨

Ldn28
Informer
Informer

Post by Ldn28 »

rshadewinslet wrote:
GoingDownWinkyFace wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:48 pm
I think people are over thinking this dynamic and blowing this out of proportion. They're both 22/23, aka still quite young. She's now working for her childhood friend and he's employing his. They're living together on top of working together and it does seem like she got handed more work than an assistant would be expected to handle. They've both walked into, differing, levels of fame and money at that age. David's job may have fun parts but I think it's safe to say it's stressful for him and would be hard on his employee. Now she's the big dog's right hand and that puts her in a weird place with her hierarchy within the group, and she has the job of herding the cats that are the VS. She's some weird amalgamation of friend, employee and content provider at any given time. She's technically at work a lot of the time while they're all in relaxing or partying mode. I'm not sure David really has an off switch. She's probably gotten an ego boost from all of the attention but I doubt it's turned her into some raging monster. They'd both probably handle all of this better at 32/33 because they'd have more tools and experience. (For the shippers and because I sometimes wonder, maybe they're also navigating that.)

They have some growing up to do and if Natalie is a mean drunk she absolutely needs to realize that now. Just like David really, really needs to stop commenting on her eating habits and look at some of his behaviour with food. Those are two very toxic things that need to be curbed. The computer thing, he was insulting someone's possession and he's shown he can be absolutely graceless with those kinds of things. See: meals cooked for him by Jason and Lorraine. It's likely they both should have handled that better but didn't. David is very immature in some ways but calling him a baby isn't going to do anything constructive, just like calling her a bitch or mean won't. Those things need calm and straightforward conversations about specific problems and what could help.

Some of this is the result of people putting her on a pedestal and freaking out when she's human. I take any complaints of bitchiness from the VS with a massive grain of salt given what we've seen. I'd really need to hear the context because I'm sure some of it is like in Miami where they were lollygagging instead of going to the event or not being in the mood for Jason's 5th bit of the day. Not all of it but I'm sure some of it.
a-fucking-men to all of this
The last bit of this thread has been confusing to me. I have listened to the podcast three times now. I was not shocked by a single thing I heard. It has been made clear the dynamic between them can go from love to hate. Natalie is the only one in the mix of the core group in this odd position of an employee, best friend and member of the friend group. Being a girl boss in this situation is trying. She is 22 years old. I don't know many 22 year olds who could handle this pressure cooker of a situation without being frustrated by this group. I love them and enjoy them dearly. However, at times, she is trying to lead a group of people who partly picked a job to not have to conform to rules and tradition.

For me there was nothing off-putting, they spoke to each other in a real way. I appreciate real talk. No one is perfect and we all need to correct things in what we do and how we interact with others.

I just do not feel any of it was that deep. I do not think they were traumatized by any of it either.

ban1o
Learner
Learner

Post by ban1o »

I don't want to get into politics but does anyone find it weird how David Dobrik never really speaks about his DACA status? I don't I don't expect celebrities to be activists but I find it weird how he doesn't use his massive platform to garner support for DACA considering it's at risk. Idk maybe it's just me though lol.

Return to “David Dobrik”