Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Casey Neistat, Part #2

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

horatio wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:41 pm
Yeah tv for “affluent audiences”? Firstly it doesn’t fit his image as ‘man of the people/ the American (YouTube) dream’ - the high school drop out, washed dishes and lived in a trailer before coming to NYC and working his arse off to get where he is as the king of vlogging.
Also from that synopsis Plum TV sounds like utter wank so I wouldn’t want to be associated with it either!
How do you feel about the whole Burger King thing? He can say that it was a joke, but he was salty as hell. His arrogance is so grating.

I feel like Casey thought that being "duped" made him look stupid. He is always trying to prove how intellectual he is, despite being a high school drop out. That's why he made the video and then challenged BK with donating to charity. Of course they are going to donate, they would look like dicks if they didn't. I just don't understand why Casey couldn't have just said "Burger King your marketing was awesome, I wish I had thought of it" and left it at that. I don't know.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by horatio »

Ah maybe I’m naive but I felt he was genuinely impressed and “your marketing was awesome I wish I had thought of it” ultimately WAS what he was saying. The charity element was a bit extra and felt tacked on and I guess you’re right was kind of his way of getting one up on them. I wasn’t so interested in that, but I did enjoy the video. I also agree he has a chip on his shoulder about his education and background which can be tedious but I didn’t think these videos were too bad for that. And In general I thought it was a fun way to recognise what had happened - I usually enjoy his sense of humour tbh.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

horatio wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:21 pm
Ah maybe I’m naive but I felt he was genuinely impressed and “your marketing was awesome I wish I had thought of it” ultimately WAS what he was saying. The charity element was a bit extra and felt tacked on and I guess you’re right was kind of his way of getting one up on them. I wasn’t so interested in that, but I did enjoy the video. I also agree he has a chip on his shoulder about his education and background which can be tedious but I didn’t think these videos were too bad for that. And In general I thought it was a fun way to recognise what had happened - I usually enjoy his sense of humour tbh.
I can see your point. To me, it just felt very "You used me, and I didn't get anything out of it. So lets even up the score". It felt like he was outsmarted and didn't like it. But again I don't usually watch his video. Thanks for your reply and point of view.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

No worries, thanks for yours too! I am actually glad to hear one that challenges Casey in a fair way - your definetely not going to get that in the comment.

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

So I don't usually go out of my way to analyze Casey, but am I the only one who got a weird vibe from his two-part Super Bowl trip with his "best friend" Joe? It felt so forced and bland. I don't think they like each other as much as they say they do.

I felt nothing from the video, and Casey knows the video was empty, which is why he had to add himself explaining to us what this moment means to Joe.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

horatio wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:49 pm
No worries, thanks for yours too! I am actually glad to hear one that challenges Casey in a fair way - your definetely not going to get that in the comment.
Of course! I know we get a bad wrap for being a bunch of meanies on GG. But I like that some of us like said Youtubers, while others don't so much. I think it's perfectly ok to question these people. I actually wish more people would hold these creators more accountable. It doesn't mean you like them less, but it's also normal not to agree with their actions all the time. Do I think that Casey is a terrible person? No. But I also think that his ego has gotten the best of him. I also think that he tries way too hard to try and fit in with others intellectually. His strength comes through in his art, rather than book smarts. That is ok, but he wants it all, and I think that will be his downfall. That was what I was saying with the whole Burger King thing. It felt like thought he got got, and he didn't like it. So he had to try and one up them. That's how I thought the response video came off as, even though he said it was a joke. But that's just my opinion. haha yeah, I wasn't about to leave a comment on his video. I rarely comment on youtube anyways, so I decided to just keep my mouth shut over there.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Remember, many, many months ago when David Dobrik and the vlog quad would appear in Casey's videos once in awhile?

Back then the dynamic was so different than it is today. Back then, Casey was like a God. You'd watch him and you understood he'd connect with David and Liza because of their huge following, but wonder what he thought of hanging out with Jason, Heath, Zane, etc.

Now, here we are, with Casey making appearances in David's vlog and doing stupid bits (like the recent "Will you eat my pussy?" awkwardness). Honestly, it feels like Casey is cheapening himself by being in David's vlogs.

Also, what's the purpose? Would Casey rather hang out with the vlog squad in LA than be with his family in NYC? Does Casey want to keep connected with his teen audience via David? The reasoning would be interesting to know.

sadsong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sadsong »

Looks like he's making a "long form movie" given the discussion in today video, whatever the fuck that means. His use of the world "movie" has always been a puzzle to me - like when he says he's made a movie and it's actually a 4 minute video.

Whether it's to do with something YouTube related and includes all the footage we haven't seen yet, who knows. Honestly I doubt it very much, the more I come to know Casey (from the snippets we hear on the podcast) the more I come to know he's just an unmotivated mess when it comes to YouTube and his "content" (another word he says which makes me cringe). My feeling is all the recent LA footage and other shit we haven't seen is probably sat on his "hard drive farm" unedited, and never will be edited, because he can't be bothered.

The more I know of Candice, the more I love her though. Like Casey is literally the most insufferable person to be married to, I reckon.

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prettyglass »

sadsong wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:17 pm
Looks like he's making a "long form movie" given the discussion in today video, whatever the fuck that means. His use of the world "movie" has always been a puzzle to me - like when he says he's made a movie and it's actually a 4 minute video.

Whether it's to do with something YouTube related and includes all the footage we haven't seen yet, who knows. Honestly I doubt it very much, the more I come to know Casey (from the snippets we hear on the podcast) the more I come to know he's just an unmotivated mess when it comes to YouTube and his "content" (another word he says which makes me cringe). My feeling is all the recent LA footage and other shit we haven't seen is probably sat on his "hard drive farm" unedited, and never will be edited, because he can't be bothered.

The more I know of Candice, the more I love her though. Like Casey is literally the most insufferable person to be married to, I reckon.
The podcast shows a completely different side to her. I never hated her but actually listening to her talk has made me really like her! I think she and Casey are funny together, too.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

I always found her attitude hilarious tbh, she’s a spoilt brat but she really doesn’t give a shit, it’s quite refreshing as opposed to contrived niceness, say. And yeah it’s funny. What has surprised me about the podcast is an insight into their dynamic. It’s quite interesting. You don’t know if they are about to snap at each other or crack each other up. They fit together in a weird but genuine way. Oh and the other surprise is how annoying Casey can be! He hides his superiority complex more in the vlogs.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

Any thoughts on casey’s Move to LA? I don’t think anyone is surprised. Everyone praises Casey for being some “great” businessman but he seems way too impulsive and flighty. Constantly starting things and then shifting gears midway

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Lolokwow wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:57 pm
Any thoughts on casey’s Move to LA? I don’t think anyone is surprised. Everyone praises Casey for being some “great” businessman but he seems way too impulsive and flighty. Constantly starting things and then shifting gears midway
I haven't watch him in so long. I never knew, until I read your post, that they finally decided to move. You're right. It's not a surprise.

I have to wonder what's going to happen with Candice's business. Does she continue on with all her employees and just work from LA and fly back to NYC? Or has she scaled back?

I don't even know what to speculate when it comes to Casey. Does LA mean actual film making? More collabs with other Youtubers? Him barely working and just hanging out on the beach and with his family?

I don't know. It's been so long since he's done anything truly interesting. I'm not expecting anything worth watching coming from him any time soon.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

From the podcast; the move seems more about having a big house and space for their family than professional reasons.

htttps
Talker
Talker

Post by htttps »

he also said they were moving because almost everyone in the family lived in or closer to LA
everything i say is alleged, i dont know anything about anyone

Principessa_NYC
Talker
Talker

Post by Principessa_NYC »

🤢Has it ever been mentioned how motha fuckin fugly Casey is on this thread? 🤮
Fuhgeddaboutdit! :tu: 8-)

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Principessa_NYC wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:42 pm
Yes. Back in the days when this thread was much busier and the posters weren't so uptight and intense, we would discuss his appearance (and agree with your assessment).

Principessa_NYC
Talker
Talker

Post by Principessa_NYC »

Presence wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:22 pm
Principessa_NYC wrote:
Yes. Back in the days when this thread was much busier and the posters weren't so uptight and intense, we would discuss his appearance (and agree with your assessment).
Thank you for the answer. And I concur, ppl here are uptight & sometimes a bit much. I'm way new to this site. I missed out on all the fun I guess.
Fuhgeddaboutdit! :tu: 8-)

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

Happy_one wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:07 pm
htttps wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm
he also said they were moving because almost everyone in the family lived in or closer to LA
So is he finished with youtube forever?
Or until he has something to sell...

ghoulish_babe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ghoulish_babe »

Dude road trips across US and instead of vlogging that, he shows 13 minutes of nothing...

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

Principessa_NYC wrote:
Has it ever been relevant, though? I actually respect him for getting himself on camera and achieving so much success through vlogging his life, looking like that. And he acknowledges, too, he doesn't seem in denial about it. Others would be really self-conscious.

Meanwhile you have very pretty girls still facetuning and getting work done on their faces, this guy just DGAF and has achieved more than most people calling him ugly on YouTube (I don't mean you, I mean the random YT hate comments). Goes to show that how you carry yourself and your attitude gets you further in life than sheer good looks alone. Although those help as well, of course.

Return to “Casey Neistat”