Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LippieTutorials and the order of plastics - Part 5

Post by Hasuko »

milanese15 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:45 am
I don't think you know what tone policing is, and it's completely irrelevant and off topic what goes on in other threads. Nobody in here cares about Jaclyn Hill.
I perfectly know what tone policing is. But you might not realize it since it's not 'us' trying to shame YOU for thinking some kind of way or label what you think as a "phobia". Trust me, it's very annoying.

The Jaclyn Hill thread was one example of typical GC USERS' BEHAVIORS (not Jaclyn herself..SMH) that some people here are somehow adamantly trying to vilify when it comes to Nikkie. Good job on missing the whole point.

*yawn* Honestly I'm tired of having to explain the same shit over and over and this pointless back & forth. I won't bother replying to anything of that low substance now. Peace out.
(I hate myself for underestimating the power of muting for so long LOL)
Last edited by Hasuko on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Lol I never called anyone a transphobe. My whole point has always been that none of us know when she told him, so getting angry about it is purely based on a hypothetical. Y’all can keep speculating about it, but I’ll keep saying that it’s not at all a fact and she never said in that video that she waited until after their engagement to tell him. Again, what a bunch of people in the Jaclyn Hill thread do is still irrelevant. I haven’t been in a thread of hers in years, and trying to scold people in here as hypocrites bc of what other people do in other threads is pointless. No one’s saying you can’t make your points. You’re the one up in arms about about specific words used and the emotions of people who disagree with you (sounds kind of like tone policing...)

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Alright so I don't really watch Nikki at all (I've seen maybe a handful of her videos) so I don't really have anything bad to say about her, but holy crap I didnt expect that. As someone who has no real opinion here, I'm happy for her.

Now, onto the fiance issue: She didnt specify when she told him, just said she wished she had told him sooner, which leaves a lot to the imagination. They've only been together for about a year (according to this thread, my b for doing no research) so maybe the engagement was a shock and she didn't think they were *that* serious? I've never been in that position so it's hard to say when is the right time (although I'd rather know sooner than later, I'd say it's a 3rd date conversation for a regular "non-famous" person), but I could understand Nikki holding off a little bit considering she is a popular internet personality and it could blow up in her face if she told the wrong person. Maybe she waited 6 months and realized things were getting serious and thought "Shit I should have told him already". Its hard to say, but I don't think she would have said that in the video at all if she waited THAT long, but her "we're working it out" comment also made it sound bad. I guess as long as he is okay with it it doesn't really matter what we think but it is... weird how she said it. I think most people would have just assumed he knew and didn't care so why mention it at all?

Sorry for rambling.

TLDR: proud of her, but the fiance thing is questionable.
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

[removed post, I read back the thread and realised I was just repeating what had already been said, save your time!]
Last edited by DaylightAmy on Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

shadypinesma wrote:.

I am happy that Nikkie can now live her truth but what happens if her fiance now leaves her? I guarantee he will get death threats.
The Instagram she left in the description of their Dutch bf does my makeup video is now private - idk if he recently set it to private or if it was already set to private when the video came out in December

finally figured out how to change this (sent from hell)

itsbritney_bitch
Learner
Learner

Post by itsbritney_bitch »

WanderlustX3 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:21 am
Alright so I don't really watch Nikki at all (I've seen maybe a handful of her videos) so I don't really have anything bad to say about her, but holy crap I didnt expect that. As someone who has no real opinion here, I'm happy for her.

Now, onto the fiance issue: She didnt specify when she told him, just said she wished she had told him sooner, which leaves a lot to the imagination. They've only been together for about a year (according to this thread, my b for doing no research) so maybe the engagement was a shock and she didn't think they were *that* serious? I've never been in that position so it's hard to say when is the right time (although I'd rather know sooner than later, I'd say it's a 3rd date conversation for a regular "non-famous" person), but I could understand Nikki holding off a little bit considering she is a popular internet personality and it could blow up in her face if she told the wrong person. Maybe she waited 6 months and realized things were getting serious and thought "Shit I should have told him already". Its hard to say, but I don't think she would have said that in the video at all if she waited THAT long, but her "we're working it out" comment also made it sound bad. I guess as long as he is okay with it it doesn't really matter what we think but it is... weird how she said it. I think most people would have just assumed he knew and didn't care so why mention it at all?

Sorry for rambling.

TLDR: proud of her, but the fiance thing is questionable.
The whole "we're working it out" implies that he is still working through his feelings about the situation, which leads me believe that either she told him about this fairly recently, so he's just wrapping his head around it, or she told him a while ago and he's still trying to be ok with it because he loves her.

I find both possibilities troubling.

If she just told him,i think he deserved to know sooner.
Though i get the whole Nikkie is famous so she has to be extra careful about who she tells. The flip side to that is that he's been put in a very public situation regarding whether or not he is okay with his fiance being trans. Which in my opinion puts extra pressure in his decision, and is going to have a very public backlash for him either way, despite the fact that he didn't choose this fame thing.

And if she told him a while ago and he's still not okay with it...well, for me that means that she still told him a little too late, because it implies that having a trans partner it's not something he is okay with, but is trying to be because when he found out he already loved her. So it feels like the choice was taken away from him.

jellybeanfiend
Debater
Debater

Post by jellybeanfiend »

I feel like y'all are over speculating. Which, this is a gossip thread, so it makes sense, but we have literally no idea when she told him. All she said was she wishes she had done it sooner. Sooner could mean he proposed, she told him, he went through with it anyway. Sooner could mean she waited until date 5, not 3. Sooner could mean they just moved in together. We have literally no idea. So speculate all you want, but I don't think we should blame her when 1) we have no idea when she did tell him and 2) shes already acknowledging she was wrong for it. I also took the "we're working through this" as more of the blackmail, not the actual issue. But again, we don't know. I assume she carefully planned her words and was vague for a reason.

Shakkyb123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Shakkyb123 »

Does no one remember watching a q&a she done a few years ago when she was with rick? She explained in that video that she doesn’t want kids and she grew up seeing herself as a business woman and not a mum, she probably told her new boyfriend this early on so I doubt the not having kids thing is an issue in itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jellybeanfiend
Debater
Debater

Post by jellybeanfiend »

banita803 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:53 am
jellybeanfiend wrote:I feel like y'all are over speculating. Which, this is a gossip thread, so it makes sense, but we have literally no idea when she told him. All she said was she wishes she had done it sooner. Sooner could mean he proposed, she told him, he went through with it anyway. Sooner could mean she waited until date 5, not 3. Sooner could mean they just moved in together. We have literally no idea. So speculate all you want, but I don't think we should blame her when 1) we have no idea when she did tell him and 2) shes already acknowledging she was wrong for it. I also took the "we're working through this" as more of the blackmail, not the actual issue. But again, we don't know. I assume she carefully planned her words and was vague for a reason.
It's lying and deceitful if you don't acknowledge that you aren't who you say you are when the relationship gets serious. Assuming that they would accept them ok sure but it's still not honest. I can't imagine how her boyfriend/ fiance felt at the time. Just saying. Has nothing to do with being transphobic, and everything to do with being a decent human being. I'm glad he accepted her and still loves her. Not everyone is going to react well and forgive. Should just be honest from the beginning. Just my two cents.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
And as I just said, you have no idea if she did acknowledge it when the relationship got serious. Pretty funny how you're going to the point of saying she isn't a decent human being over speculation, but I'm not gonna argue with you

imyselfamstrange
Learner
Learner

Post by imyselfamstrange »

It's lying and deceitful if you don't acknowledge that you aren't who you say you are when the relationship gets serious.

How? How is it deceitful for her to say she’s a woman? And why is everyone so entitled to what she discusses between her and her fiancé? Girl, she is a woman in every way but being able to have a kid naturally which lots of people can’t do. It would be lying if she said she was a man! She ain’t got a dick, which is what everyone seems to be worried about - what she was originally born with. Trans people don’t owe you, or anybody else, a play-by-play of all their relationship decisions.

There’s so much you can criticize Nikkie for, and she deserves it. Tons of shit... the greed, the fake niceness/naivety, the straight up LYING about sponsorships, I can go on and on.

But, saying that she is “deceitful” just for living her life as a regular woman? Nah, that ain’t it.

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

shadypinesma wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:53 am
A lot of people here said that trans people are just like cis people and that you don’t have to tell your partner that you are trans. I am sorry, but what world are you living in?

There is NOTHING wrong with being trans but like it or not, Nikkie’s DNA is male. She was born a boy and was a boy until her early childhood. For better or for worse, she does not have the same experience as cis women do... AND THAT’S OKAY. It’s not transphobic to admit that fact.

As a corollary to this, many partners would want to know if their fiance is trans. I know I would. Again, nothing wrong with that. We as the public are certainly not entitled to this information but her romantic partner sure is.

I am happy that Nikkie can now live her truth but what happens if her fiance now leaves her? I guarantee he will get death threats.
Maybe I’m alone in this, but I wouldn’t care if I found out my partner was trans at all. How does it change who they are now or what I feel for them? I guess I’d be a bit sad they didn’t feel they could share it with me if we were serious, but trans people are the most likely to be murdered of any LGBT group and I totally understand trying to put your safety first.

It’s weird how many of you are getting so heated about Nikkie “lying” to her partner when you don’t know the timeline at all. Nikkie has the added factor that if she told someone too soon they may do exactly what these disgusting people did and try to blackmail and out her.

It’s not lying for Nikkie to say she’s a woman. She is. How is the state of her body when she was 6 years old relevant to a romantic partner now, in adulthood? I honestly feel it’s a bit transphobic to expect a trans person to put their life on the line and tell potential partners this part of themselves after only a few dates. If you’d be uncomfortable finding out your partner is trans maybe you should ask yourself why it’s something to feel uncomfortable about in the first place. Because it’s not.

Zara Lester
Learner
Learner

Post by Zara Lester »

If you look at this on a bigger scale, you can see this picture. A straight man in this modern world has no idea who's he dating. Is it fair to him? Is it even legal? Because someone doesn't want to own it that she is a transgender woman, which is ok to be one.
This is a violation of rights and in fact discrimination against straight people.
I don't want to date a transgender, that's my right. I'm glad to have transgender friends.

jellybeanfiend
Debater
Debater

Post by jellybeanfiend »

Zara Lester wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:50 am
If you look at this on a bigger scale, you can see this picture. A straight man in this modern world has no idea who's he dating. Is it fair to him? Is it even legal? Because someone doesn't want to own it that she is a transgender woman, which is ok to be one.
This is a violation of rights and in fact discrimination against straight people.
I don't want to date a transgender, that's my right. I'm glad to have transgender friends.
I'm sorry, I straight cackled at this. If you ACTUALLY look at the bigger picture, you'd realize your statement on discrimination is utterly ridiculous.

Slave2thetea
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slave2thetea »

WOW! WOW WOW WOW WOW!
I have come to this thread everyday since Nikkie's video and my God the level of thinly veiled transphobia under the mask of concern for her partner is appalling. Some of you sound like people who fat shame and claim you do it because of concern for the person's health (we know fat shamers could give zero f**ks about the health of people who are overweight). If you didn't have much or anything to say about Nikkie before but suddenly find yourself feeling "angry" or "annoyed" or "concerned" for her partner (who you don't even know irl) or have the sudden need to comment on her appearance when you didn't previously then you need to take a LONG look in the mirror and figure out what is fueling these feelings and behavior (HINT: It begins with Trans and ends with Phobia)

DragHer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DragHer »

FrillySails wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 pm
Me too.....also, one thing she said in her video really made me mad and there is just no excuse for it. The way she described her fiancee finding out was that (from how she described it anyway) he just found out along with everyone else and that he didn't know she was born male. This is so disgusting to do to someone you love. I get that she has fully transitioned, but it still isn't fair. Then she contradicts herself and says "you should tell them once you feel safe with them".....girl, he is your fiancee.....that day has def come and gone. That is so beyond gross and violating to do to someone. Being trans would suck, feeling trapped in your own body is so horrible, but don't punish the people you love out of fear. She even says she didn't tell him out of fear of losing him.....ummm, what? This is sooooo selfish and if I were him, I couldn't be with someone like that. Someone who can lie about something so serious. I don't know this just really bugged me.
The guy must be a total virgin with no previous sexual experiences if he has been dating Nikki for years and didn't know she was trans. I've been with real women & transgender women and everything feels totally different once naked in bed together. Not to even mention Niki is like 6 foot 2 and has a linebackers build. How would her fiance not know it's a man?

angelfire117
Informer
Informer

Post by angelfire117 »

DragHer wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:02 am
FrillySails wrote:
Me too.....also, one thing she said in her video really made me mad and there is just no excuse for it. The way she described her fiancee finding out was that (from how she described it anyway) he just found out along with everyone else and that he didn't know she was born male. This is so disgusting to do to someone you love. I get that she has fully transitioned, but it still isn't fair. Then she contradicts herself and says "you should tell them once you feel safe with them".....girl, he is your fiancee.....that day has def come and gone. That is so beyond gross and violating to do to someone. Being trans would suck, feeling trapped in your own body is so horrible, but don't punish the people you love out of fear. She even says she didn't tell him out of fear of losing him.....ummm, what? This is sooooo selfish and if I were him, I couldn't be with someone like that. Someone who can lie about something so serious. I don't know this just really bugged me.
The guy must be a total virgin with no previous sexual experiences if he has been dating Nikki for years and didn't know she was trans. I've been with real women & transgender women and everything feels totally different once naked in bed together. Not to even mention Niki is like 6 foot 2 and has a linebackers build. How would her fiance not know it's a man?
A) that’s totally possible since they’re in their early to mid-twenties.

B) “ITS” not a man. SHE is a woman and has been since was, at the latest, 19. Mentally and emotionally, all her life.

Zara Lester
Learner
Learner

Post by Zara Lester »

jellybeanfiend wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:58 am
Zara Lester wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:50 am
I'm sorry, I straight cackled at this. If you ACTUALLY look at the bigger picture, you'd realize your statement on discrimination is utterly ridiculous.
Oh wow how's it ridiculous? Y'all saying a transgender woman isn't obligated to tell a straight man she's dating that she's a transgender woman is discrimination against his rights. He has the right to know.

DragHer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DragHer »

angelfire117 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:12 am
DragHer wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:02 am
FrillySails wrote:
A) that’s totally possible since they’re in their early to mid-twenties.

B) “ITS” not a man. SHE is a woman and has been since was, at the latest, 19. Mentally and emotionally, all her life.
I meant how can her fiance not know something was different about her compared to other females? Only 1% of women in the U.S. are 6ft or taller.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

They don’t live in the US lmao. At least pull out a Dutch statistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DragHer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DragHer »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:34 am
They don’t live in the US lmao. At least pull out a Dutch statistic
She has a Wisconsin accent if I ever heard one. lol
Even in the Netherlands the average woman is 5ft 6in so she's way taller.

Return to “NikkieTutorials”