Re: Benefit Cosmetics

Post by Guest »

I can name every 'popular' product benefit has and find a better alternative

Porfessional- Smashbox Photo Primer

Gimme Brow Collecion- ABH Pomade, Etude House eyebrow pencils

Hoola Bronzer- Becca Bronzers

Benetint (their cheek tint) - BECCA

Hello Oxygen Foundation- Anything else on the market

Boin' Concealer- Every other concealer out there (their darkest shade looked like green diarrhea I kid you not )

RollerBall Mascara- Lancôme Hypnose Drama, Big Monsieur, Defencils, Fairy Drops, etc.

PentUpPinUp
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by PentUpPinUp »

Soccerina9111 wrote:I just really hate the color range. Like, as a girl with a darker complexion, how the hell am I supposed to make the Hoola bronzer work for me?? OHHH BUT WAITTT they came out with a Hoola Lite too!!! :roll: And their Hello Flawless foundation has like 6 shades?? A literal joke.
You know what the handbook said about Hoola on deeper skin tones? "It's the perfect setting powder"

Oh really???? All of their bronzers are red as fuck. Even hoola lite looked awful on my ghostly self. Not every deep skin tone is warm based. But what can you expect from a company who has 2 "deep" skin tone foundations but 6 tan white girl foundations.

What cheek tint does Becca have that can replace Benetint? That was the first product, made when a stripper asked to change the color of her nipples (but I couldn't get a throat tattoo y'all :rofl: )

& that's crazy Boi-ing ended up green??? That line was the only true to color concealer I could sell. The rest were, again, catered to the fake-bake tan white girls.
HIIIII “ABBI” :FU:

Surface
Learner
Learner

Post by Surface »

It's sad that I've seen what Benefit has turned into. I'm 27 and ten years ago, Benefit was the first makeup I ever wore for my prom. I'd never touched makeup before then. Their Dandelion blush will always hold a special place in my heart, but... I'm not really seeing it as high-end product anymore. :?

PentUpPinUp
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PentUpPinUp »

Surface wrote:It's sad that I've seen what Benefit has turned into. I'm 27 and ten years ago, Benefit was the first makeup I ever wore for my prom. I'd never touched makeup before then. Their Dandelion blush will always hold a special place in my heart, but... I'm not really seeing it as high-end product anymore. :?

I'm 29 and BadGal Lash was my shit in my early 20s haha! It was an awful experience working for them

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I bought the Frisky Six set a few years ago at Ulta. I still haven't opened the Sugarbomb powder, but I still have the Lolli Tint and Sun Beam. I've long since used the Ooh La Lift eye cream and They're Real mascara, and gave away the Lolli Balm. I hated the mascara, and the eye cream was just OK. The Sun Beam and Lolli Tint are not bad, but I don't get much use out of them. I'd rather reach for a pressed cream or powder product.

Other than any Benefit or other high-end brand samples, my makeup collection is exclusively drugstore, or affordable stuff purchased online.

PentUpPinUp
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PentUpPinUp »

More recycled nonsense :roll:

Tea_server
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Tea_server »

I have yet to see their products flying off the shelves, yet they got all this money to take all these influencers everywhere :?

elleira
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by elleira »

I'm in disbelief that all this shit was for a MASCARA. Do better Benefit. Yes their mascaras are good (even tho they kind of dry down & feel stiff on your eyes tbh) but COME ONNNNN. Seriously the stupidest guru trip yet, the location was interesting but it made 0 sense. They tried to do this whole cosmic shit, it seemed like a collection to me but it's a flop.

PentUpPinUp
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PentUpPinUp »

It’s like they keep repackaging the same shit products every year instead of making something worth a damn.

All of their eyebrow products are the same thing except in a silver package that EVERY customer said “looks like my husband’s / dad’s toolbox”

And now they’re re-doing bad gal... it’s ridiculous.

I liked Benefit (and too faced) because they had this pinup Americana style to them, but once you get up close AND use the actual product, it’s all a cheap gimmick.

PentUpPinUp
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PentUpPinUp »

with crude, immature sexual innuendos everywhere**** :roll:

Return to “Benefit”