Jeffraud Starch: Newly Single Mink Murderer - Part 16

Re: Jeffraud Starch: Newly Single Mink Murderer - Part 16

Post by Guest »

Not gonna lie, I thought that if he was gonna do a purple palette that it would be knockout (I would never buy JSC but I'll admit that the original blood sugar is very pretty and the marketing campaign was cute minus Jeff being in it). This new palette is a MESS though and I love purple eyeshadow. He should have just said fuck it and called it Royal Blood if that was the plan because it's thrown the whole concept off and now I'm just confused as to why he's marketing a 'vampy' pink and lilac palette from the set of a 90s Marilyn Manson music video.
Colour story is a mess regardless. It's not even purple, it's mostly pink with a handful of way too similar lilac shades and a random red and teal thrown. It's boring and not cohesive at all. I'm guessing that they couldn't formulate the darker purple shades which this palette desperately needed and didn't want to risk a subculture type scandal. If it's a purple palette I want fucking purples in it, there's literally one actual purple in the whole palette which is insane.
Anyhow this palette is probably the worst things he's ever put out. I'm sure his stans will still buy it but on trendmood and even his own instagram people do not seem impressed at all. Top comments are all from people saying that they're disappointed.

Post by Guest »

Melody7827 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:31 pm

👀 are those dreads in that wig?

I totally see the royal blood theory. The colors have more of a pretty pink princess than royal vamp vibe

Yeah in other pics he's sitting on a literal throne. And in another he's under a floral archway with big columns reminiscent of like a fairy tale fantasy castle type vibe. He Definitely meant for it to be a royal themed thing, but then changed it halfway, with the crown logo and such.

The release is a definitely a mess, it's not as put together and cohesive as his usual ones.

Meomix
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Meomix »

Well he could have made it rectangular shaped but with the same velvet feel and deep crevasse, but i wonder if people would be complaining that he is recycling the same packaging.

edit: Also i forgot, he released no liquid frosts this launch! Like what the hell was he thinking. I would have died for more purple themed hues.

heidij
Learner
Learner

Post by heidij »

I feel like I have missed something in the discussions. If there a general consensus as to why he would have changed it from Royal Blood if that was the original concept? Legal issues?

OxfoliateMyPinkPeppa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by OxfoliateMyPinkPeppa »

thehippiechick wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:35 pm
Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 am
His fans are legitimately insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Girl. Now, if I know the color story isn't my thing I'm sure not going to buy the palette. His stans be trippin'.
And this is part of the reason why Jeffree knows he doesn't even have to try anymore. He hit his peak with the original Blood Sugar palette but everything since then has been underwhelming. It doesn't matter though, he knows he has a loyal base of idiots that will buy whatever he does which means he will make more than enough money.

Post by Guest »

Btw I want to suggest ‘Jerry Swastistar: The lipstick neo-nazi and his meh-genta monstrosity’ into the running for the new thread name 😀

Pok
Talker
Talker

Post by Pok »

CheesyBirdMess wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:16 pm
It was definitely supposed to be Royal Blood.

WTF is with the inhaler/puffer?

I don’t get the puffer at all but is his hair in the top photo in dreadlocks with his edges layed down? :o

Post by Guest »

Honestly Supreme Frosts are the most gaudy and unnecessary makeup product to ever exist :roll:

I'm the type of person that was never a fan of the ~beaming~ highlight to begin with, but these Supreme Frosts are just next level tacky.

Major side-eyeing anybody I see who would publicly wear something like that in public. There's a time and a place for flashy, "editorial" makeup and it's definitely not in everyday life. These types of products should really only be used for like specific events (i.e. Coachella, festivals, costume parties).

Maybe I'm just boring, but I'm just not a fan of the fast makeup/beauty trend that YouTubers love to capitalize on... Extreme highlighting, neon eyeshadow, snatched brows, lip fillers, false lashes everyday, etc. These are all just unrealistic makeup trends for your average consumer and influencer brands like J*, Huda Beauty, Lily Lashes love to capitalize on these trends that your average, working makeup consumer would never actually wear on a day to day basis :roll:

Dex_Cotton
Informer
Informer

Post by Dex_Cotton »

The only thing in his blood is a couple of STDs, loads of alcohol and the various drugs he's on. Nothing royal about it. He looks like a total crack whore.

ssafterly
Talker
Talker

Post by ssafterly »

Some stands are trying to shame people into changing their minds and to not be picky about this launch. God Jeffree has created a cult

Post by Guest »

Caption this.

Post by Guest »

Sorry for the double post - but apparently JK Rowling is just as bad if not worse than a racist nazi sexist ? Did I read that right?

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

I'm a basic b!tch when it comes to makeup so my opinion doesn't worth much, but I find this launch tacky in general and not put together.

Also where was this "he was so young, it's in the past" energy when his stans were cancelling Laura Lee, James Charles or Manny? The hypocrisy of it all. Had the racism in Joffrey been just the fact that he screaming some racial slurs while he was upset a decade ago like he said in the Shane documentary it would be a thing and had he shown growth I'd also be more lenient about it. But this nazi lipstick thing was not an angry spur of the moment thing. He was already of adult age and it was a literal business with campaigns and a thought out concept. He thought that a nazi themed brand was a good move. Now if you put this nazi lipstick brand in context that he was such friends with KVD (who his stans won't hold the same energy to either when Joffrey is just as bad or worse than KVD, she's trash too though) who has been publicly associated to neonazis, that he's made several racist remarks and even not so old ones like calling Jackie Aina a gorilla... no it wasn't just a mistake of the past, of his young self that learned and moved on. He's been on racist cycles and was perfectly fine with for years, even trying to profit from a brand with a nazi concept. No, it wasn't just a mistake and it's much more serious than any racial comment made by Laura Lee on twitter (not defending her, what she did was wrong) or what Manny did.

Meomix
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Meomix »

I was thinking of buying the Blood Lust palette but the Slush Palette comes to save the day again, there are lots of true purple in that palette.

rawegg
Talker
Talker

Post by rawegg »

Those shadows are gonna look ashy as hell on deeper skintones, surprise surprise.

Peter Spawnn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Peter Spawnn »

I have mixed feelings on what's good for regular use vs special events, although I've been sticking to neutrals lately and am over loud makeup personally. One thing is for sure, that most youtubers makeup isn't for most people's regular use. They don't understand that what works on camera won't necessarily work in real life or natural light. That's part of why flashback Mary happened and so many look like old hookers in photos. They have to go in heavier with products so they show up on camera against the studio lights. You'd just about die of you'd see them outside at noon, most of them would be muddy cake faces.

It would be better to follow those really educated even if they seem too boring or safe with looks. For example, some foundations with spf will naturally reflect light on camera so they may think it's not their shade or isn't quality due to how it looks in the viewfinder. Vice versa too, the shade may correct but has spf so they end up too pasty on camera from the light being reflected.

Basically, many look like clowns or that they've used spackle, which is fine I guess if that's what you're going for but not if you aren't

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Another thought in going back through this collection. What is up with the packaging for the Extreme Frost? Why so extra? I'm not one that would keep that box so where is it ending up? You know?

Someone on Reddit posted a re arranged Blood Lust palette in a classic rectangular formation dropping the red that's in there completely. I liked that a whole hell of a lot better. Again, I was rather underwhelmed and have better selections for purples here in my collection. If you're looking for something, get the Colourpop Lilac You A Lot 9 pan. I am not a fan of that plastic packaging they use for these (I only have the Uh Huh Honey one of all of them didn't buy any more) but from what I see, there's a cute purple moment there, it's manageable, you can take it with you on the go unlike Jeffree's. And it's only $12.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

Return to “Jeffree Star”