Jeffree Star PART 3

karmatica
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jeffree Star PART 3

Post by karmatica »

^ I believe that fool wants his own reality show. I wouldn't be surprised if Joffree pulls some of these shenanigans to look entertaining etc. I think Joffree would be full of drama either way because he's a big-time attention whore.

Of course, Joffree had to feature the Chanel boomerang and Chanel LED Boy Bag in his favorites video. Yes J* has money, but he's ridiculously bougie.

ardendays
Talker
Talker

Post by ardendays »

Apparently all of the commission he makes off of his Jouer code he's donating to a LGBTQIA+ shelter in LA.

Paint_me_bitch
Talker
Talker

Post by Paint_me_bitch »

Of course he had to buy the fucking Chanel boomerang. He just doesn't get it, just because it's sold everywhere in America as a sporting good doesn't diminish it's cultural significance to the Indigenous people of Australia. Just like how Native American headdresses are sold in some stores here in Australia doesn't make it ok to buy and wear at a festival. Urgh I hate him so much.

waterbottle
Informer
Informer

Post by waterbottle »

It's kind of amazing how this guy goes through friends like others go through bags of potato chips. He may blame others but the one common demoninator here is... Jeffree.

yallstupid
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yallstupid »

Paint_me_bitch wrote:Of course he had to buy the fucking Chanel boomerang. He just doesn't get it, just because it's sold everywhere in America as a sporting good doesn't diminish it's cultural significance to the Indigenous people of Australia. Just like how Native American headdresses are sold in some stores here in Australia doesn't make it ok to buy and wear at a festival. Urgh I hate him so much.
He's more saying that everyone makes a big deal when it's him doing it but if it was anyone else it wouldn't be such a stink. Which is kinda true I mean, I have a boomerang I don't get hate for it, I hate the fact that he whipped a 1300$ piece of wood on top of his house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deltoides
Talker
Talker

Post by deltoides »

Talking like that about your SO's brother and then tweeting how family walks over you...so rude.

Paint_me_bitch
Talker
Talker

Post by Paint_me_bitch »

yallstupid wrote:
Paint_me_bitch wrote:Of course he had to buy the fucking Chanel boomerang. He just doesn't get it, just because it's sold everywhere in America as a sporting good doesn't diminish it's cultural significance to the Indigenous people of Australia. Just like how Native American headdresses are sold in some stores here in Australia doesn't make it ok to buy and wear at a festival. Urgh I hate him so much.
He's more saying that everyone makes a big deal when it's him doing it but if it was anyone else it wouldn't be such a stink. Which is kinda true I mean, I have a boomerang I don't get hate for it, I hate the fact that he whipped a 1300$ piece of wood on top of his house.

Are you American or Australian?
Just wondering as the Chanel boomerang was slammed just in general in all the news outlets here in Australia plus the fact he doesn't get it cultural appropriation.

yallstupid
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yallstupid »

Paint_me_bitch wrote:
yallstupid wrote:

Are you American or Australian?
Just wondering as the Chanel boomerang was slammed just in general in all the news outlets here in Australia plus the fact he doesn't get it cultural appropriation.
I'm Canadian, that's what I'm saying it's culturally wrong everywhere maybe but it's not something people get mad about where I am. And I do think everything Jeffree does is made out to be worse then if someone else were to do it, but he is controversial so it makes sense. I know my grammar sucks, can't help it ImageI do respect how it's disrespectful though, I didn't know it was that serious, maybe he didn't at first either who knows.

karmatica
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by karmatica »

I don't think Joffree knew about the boomerang and Indigenous Australian culture at first. I certainly didn't know much about that until recently.

Chanel and Joffree did get criticized for the boomerang on major US media outlets including CNN and The New York Times.

Joffree also had paps accosting and asking him about the boomerang. I get that he was unaware and it was probably more controversial because it's him... but he ended up being rude as always. :roll:

Let's be real: Joffree loved the attention and LMAO that the paps followed him to get pictures/video like he's a big celebrity. Please!

KittenOnTheInternet
Talker
Talker

Post by KittenOnTheInternet »

His whole "I'm sorry you were offended!" fauxpology about the boomerang.

Just.

I get not realizing something is cultural appropriation, I get side-eyeing the fact that you can find boomerangs at WalMart, and I even somewhat get feeling like people are coming for you over something ridiculous, but...

Maybe if he learned how an apology actually worked and how to be sensitive to things he doesn't realize and realized that just because big box retailers sell a thing doesn't mean it's okay and maaaaybe if he got that it doesn't have to offend him personally to be actually offensive, he wouldn't have reason to believe people are coming for him, personally, over every little damn thing,
I'm really just here to make witty commentary. I'm not very good at witty commentary.

Nazzababy13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nazzababy13 »

So Jeffree posted this on Twitter, it's him and Nathan's dad, but I was looking at it, and noticed his butt area looks kinda weird? Like puffy like he's wearing a diaper? It's probably a butt pad but idk just looked weird to me.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justanotherhaul
Talker
Talker

Post by justanotherhaul »

Paint_me_bitch
Talker
Talker

Post by Paint_me_bitch »

KittenOnTheInternet wrote:His whole "I'm sorry you were offended!" fauxpology about the boomerang.

Just.

I get not realizing something is cultural appropriation, I get side-eyeing the fact that you can find boomerangs at WalMart, and I even somewhat get feeling like people are coming for you over something ridiculous, but...

Maybe if he learned how an apology actually worked and how to be sensitive to things he doesn't realize and realized that just because big box retailers sell a thing doesn't mean it's okay and maaaaybe if he got that it doesn't have to offend him personally to be actually offensive, he wouldn't have reason to believe people are coming for him, personally, over every little damn thing,
Exactly, just because it's sold in Walmart doesn't make it any less ok. In Australia, a boomerang isn't sold as a sporting good, actually the only place you can really get them is in souvenir shops (usually made overseas, unfortunately) or in art galleries.
One of our Politicians (I can't actually believe who it is actually as he's know for being a bit of racist, nutter) is actually trying to make it illegal to sell fake foreign imports of Indigenous Australian art. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-17/c ... on/8534584
I think the main reason that Jeffry got slammed so much is that he's really the only person that I've seen that was stupid enough to buy it and then flaunt it across social media.

deltoides
Talker
Talker

Post by deltoides »

I get why he could be upset that everyone can get a boomerang everywhere but he's been criticised. But at the same time, don't mention cultural appropriation if you're not going to actually address the topic and just say "sorry if you're offended".

yallstupid
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yallstupid »

deltoides wrote:I get why he could be upset that everyone can get a boomerang everywhere but he's been criticised. But at the same time, don't mention cultural appropriation if you're not going to actually address the topic and just say "sorry if you're offended".
If he doesn't know anything about it why would he discuss it ? To get into more trouble with all the people that have a problem with him already? No lol. He was told to apologize and move on I'm sure.

binks
Debater
Debater

Post by binks »

Nazzababy13 wrote:Image

So Jeffree posted this on Twitter, it's him and Nathan's dad, but I was looking at it, and noticed his butt area looks kinda weird? Like puffy like he's wearing a diaper? It's probably a butt pad but idk just looked weird to me.. lol

ImageImageImage

Remedios the Beauty
Debater
Debater

Post by Remedios the Beauty »

Hmmm. Depends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

I wonder how Nates parents truly feel about Jeffree now after he had a falling out with Zach.

Joygirl42
Learner
Learner

Post by Joygirl42 »

Remedios the Beauty wrote:

Hmmm. Depends.

That pun! Because the hearts aren't working, have this high five lolImage

karmatica
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by karmatica »

Remedios the Beauty wrote:

Hmmm. Depends.

LMAO, this is gold.

My day has been made! :rofl:

Return to “Jeffree Star”