purplekween
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: D-lister Perkins: A Clout Chasing Flop Show - Part 6

Post by purplekween »

thebookworm_1 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:18 pm
It literally pisses me the F off that Desi ALWAYS reveals anything Jon/Katy are planning to reveal BEFORE they do that. Shes such a twat
literally came to rant about that as soon as I saw it! she had the damn audacity to say exclusive like if he hasn’t posted it doesn’t give you the green light to do it for him 🙄. she thinks she gets special privileges just cause it’s her.

Bop87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bop87 »

Exhsa wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:30 pm
I am not such a fun of her to know exactly how much money she had, where her parents lived or how she met her husband. But I know she wasn’t rich, she herself said that if it weren't for being an influencer, she would never have been able to afford the treatment to get pregnant. And in her old videos you can see that she is not a posh girl that lives a luxury life. Her brand is about seem approachable and a humble Latina that “succeeded” in social media. Rosie Huntington may be able to advertise brands that are $ 300 / 50ml because it would look real and natural to her, but Desi with her content and demographic looks ridiculous doing it and even more in this moment.
Ok, but I presenting you with evidence that it just isn’t true, all of which is easily verifiable online. She has always been privileged and has never been poor. Her parents own multiple houses one of which is a million dollar house, so she definitely didn’t grow up poor. I dont know about you but I definitely wasn’t poor growing up but we most certainly did not have enough money to travel internationally every year. Desi house was over 3.5 million the house they lived in before that (the one they had when she started YouTube) wasn’t cheap either. Relatable hasn’t been Desis brand for years.

Exhsa
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Exhsa »

Thank you Bop87 for the info. I would never have imagined that this girl grew up with money. She and katy have a vulgar vibe (I am not saying it’s bad), the way they behave is as if they were from lower class but are discovering luxuries now and trying to look bougie but it doesn’t look natural. Many people have put bad comments on her last video and she has responded very defensively. Some have ask her when she will upload her baby's vlog and she says she doesn't owe anyone anything (which it's true) BUT she talks as if sharing that part of her life is a favor to her audience when she is monetizing it and extending the vlogs (14 videos! And some are just boring stuff) to get more money. I think it is not smart for her brand how she is acting now, you can see her true colors.

purplekween
Learner
Learner

Post by purplekween »

did anyone else notice Karen didn’t wish Katy or Jon happy bday I mean she prob texted them but unless I missed something?? not sure if it’s a reach. I did love their friendship better than Katy and Desi bc Karen and Katy seemed so fun together

Bop87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bop87 »

Exhsa wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:19 pm
Thank you Bop87 for the info. I would never have imagined that this girl grew up with money. She and katy have a vulgar vibe (I am not saying it’s bad), the way they behave is as if they were from lower class but are discovering luxuries now and trying to look bougie but it doesn’t look natural. Many people have put bad comments on her last video and she has responded very defensively. Some have ask her when she will upload her baby's vlog and she says she doesn't owe anyone anything (which it's true) BUT she talks as if sharing that part of her life is a favor to her audience when she is monetizing it and extending the vlogs (14 videos! And some are just boring stuff) to get more money. I think it is not smart for her brand how she is acting now, you can see her true colors.
That’s one of the things about her (and others) that I can’t stand! She was more than happy to make money off of her struggle and invite her viewers in, and then when the innocently asked about the next video (I’m assuming one she promised) she’s gets mad about it. I haven’t watched her recently but it seems she’s letting her true colors slip through more recently.

PinkBunni
Informer
Informer

Post by PinkBunni »

thebookworm_1 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:18 pm
It literally pisses me the F off that Desi ALWAYS reveals anything Jon/Katy are planning to reveal BEFORE they do that. Shes such a twat
Wasn't Jon wearing that hat in his stories not long ago?

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

Anyone else notices Desmond's nostrils looking bigger than usual?? I know they were huge before but in her stories recently...like damnnnnnnnnnn...

Exhsa
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Exhsa »

I don't see anything weird about her nostrils lol, but the lip injection craze has done a lot of damage. I hate criticizing the physical appearance of others, but her lips look strange, like a baby doll plastic lips. I cringe everytime I see her talking or photos of her mouth. She would look better with natural lips even if she had almost none.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

the work they are doing on themselves. desi and katy, doesn't look great
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Mahamotel
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Mahamotel »

I get she’s excited about finally having a child but pretty soon she’ll have to decide wether she wants to be a mommy blogger type influencer or back to doing beauty because in all honesty...there’s an overload of baby content which is understandable as I’m sure she’s still getting used to it but young people aren’t gonna stick around to watch that.

Similar to kylie jenners loss of relevancy it just doesn’t translate well. I don’t think you can do both unless you’re very careful and I’m already getting irritated by it. She’ll have a whole new audience but posting non-stop baby stuff and then showing some PR packages is going to get old quick. Having a child isn’t a personality trait.

P.s I find that picture of ocean with the Starbucks cup in his hand so creepy. My biggest pet peeve is dressing up babies as adults it makes me shudder! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinkBunni
Informer
Informer

Post by PinkBunni »

Does her mom have a partner, since she lives with the Perkins for ages and now moved down the street?

Bop87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bop87 »

I know Katy is supposedly busy working on something and that’s why she can’t post but it’s really strange that neither her or Jon have been on IG since sometime last week. Also when she does post she’s never at work. If she is coming out with something wouldn’t you want to hype it up? At this point it’s going to seem weird if she just comes out with workout clothes out of nowhere, people who watch just her YouTube wouldn’t know she’s into working out. She could easily do a gym tour video or a at home work out video but she hasn’t.

Also the does anyone know anything about health retreats? Because the story Jon had about her going to one early this year sounds a little sus, but I don’t really know anything about them.

debs_188
Debater
Debater

Post by debs_188 »

Haven't been on this thread since she had her baby. But in relation to Desi being poor. She most definitely wasn't. I remember watching a few videos of her saying that she was very fortunate that both her parents had great jobs and good work ethic. What I think she means by not being able to afford IVF treatments is, her and Steven weren't poor but definitely not rich or comfortable when they first got married and to be able to "afford" something, means spending/buying whatever it is that you want and still have a lot of money left over where that purchase doesn't leave you in debt or with no money. Here in Sydney, the type of IVF she got done starts at $80K and only goes up from there, also depends what clinic you go to. She went to Kim Ks doctor so I'm assuming her treatment was well over $100K. The average comfortable person doesn't have that type of money to drop on IVF and live comfortably after. My Sister in law and husband have good jobs, live in a nice house. No debt but they couldn't afford IVF so their parents had to pay for it.

gretchentech
Talker
Talker

Post by gretchentech »

PinkBunni wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:17 am
Does her mom have a partner, since she lives with the Perkins for ages and now moved down the street?
im confused about this too. a few years ago she went to Utah for Christmas to be with her mom and step father, but now her mom just seems to be sans partner...?

(the Utah house was really nice from what I remember)

Exhsa
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Exhsa »

Maybe her mother isn’t with that partner anymore or they moved to be closer to the family. If her mother is single, it is rare that she does not live with Desi, taking into account that her aunt lives with her and sometimes even her brother. But it's cool to have your mom living close by, so she can watch her new grandson grow up and take care of him whenever Desi wants to have free time. What I find strange about her mother is that Desi’s brothers are on her mother's side, right? Her mother never posts anything about them, her social media is all about Desi which seems very weird.

Bop87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bop87 »

Exhsa wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:44 am
Maybe her mother isn’t with that partner anymore or they moved to be closer to the family. If her mother is single, it is rare that she does not live with Desi, taking into account that her aunt lives with her and sometimes even her brother. But it's cool to have your mom living close by, so she can watch her new grandson grow up and take care of him whenever Desi wants to have free time. What I find strange about her mother is that Desi’s brothers are on her mother's side, right? Her mother never posts anything about them, her social media is all about Desi which seems very weird.
Her brothers have never lived with her. I don’t know what’s up with her mom and her partner she was married, if she isn’t married anymore it’s weird she wouldn’t just stay with desi. Maybe her and her husband bought a home in Cali so he could actually spend some time with his wife. I’ve mentioned it before but it is very weird that neither of Desi’s brothers follow her mom, and her mom doesn’t follow or every mention them either.

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

Bop87 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:25 am
Exhsa wrote:
Her brothers have never lived with her. I don’t know what’s up with her mom and her partner she was married, if she isn’t married anymore it’s weird she wouldn’t just stay with desi. Maybe her and her husband bought a home in Cali so he could actually spend some time with his wife. I’ve mentioned it before but it is very weird that neither of Desi’s brothers follow her mom, and her mom doesn’t follow or every mention them either.

Maybe her stepfather doesn't like to be on camera and that's why we don't see him around his wife ( desi's mother) but it's still strange if that were true, you'd still see a glimpse of him out of frame or something. Does anyone know if her stepfather has SM like Instagram??

Bop87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bop87 »

nattydread wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:43 pm
Bop87 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:25 am
Exhsa wrote:

Maybe her stepfather doesn't like to be on camera and that's why we don't see him around his wife ( desi's mother) but it's still strange if that were true, you'd still see a glimpse of him out of frame or something. Does anyone know if her stepfather has SM like Instagram??

That very well could be, I’m assuming from their house that he has a good paying job, he may not want to be seen on an influencers IG. He does have it but doesn’t post, you can find him from her moms

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

The Birth vlog is up!!!

koalavibes
Talker
Talker

Post by koalavibes »

Bop87 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:22 am
I know Katy is supposedly busy working on something and that’s why she can’t post but it’s really strange that neither her or Jon have been on IG since sometime last week. Also when she does post she’s never at work. If she is coming out with something wouldn’t you want to hype it up? At this point it’s going to seem weird if she just comes out with workout clothes out of nowhere, people who watch just her YouTube wouldn’t know she’s into working out. She could easily do a gym tour video or a at home work out video but she hasn’t.

Also the does anyone know anything about health retreats? Because the story Jon had about her going to one early this year sounds a little sus, but I don’t really know anything about them.

The retreat was sus and she was very discrete about it.

Katy just seems like an unhappy and misguided person to me. She seems confused as to what her goal and direction is ... might benefit from a therapist vs a retreat.

Return to “Desi Perkins”