Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

Post by tomorrow100 »

Wow, moody snouty Annie today because Hayley just wanted to see the top bunk.

Also the loft space is still Annies. Don't understand why they just didn't get two single beds so they can have separate rooms.

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer

Post by tomorrow100 »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
keliza wrote:One day after being near death and "ready to see Jesus" after the worst week if her life Paige is feeling fine again and about ready to return to her regularly scheduled... Whatever she does.

Quite the rebound!

It amuses me that she doesn't think about easing off on the recovery update to make her near death experience a bit more believable. She could have even milked it a bit. But nope! Flit off to the next thing.

No wonder she coddles "sick" Annie. Dramatic "health" swings are the norm.
You are literally my new favorite person! You crack me up! Maybe Annie should step back and let Paige have a try at this acting thing. Ahe’s Certainly got overdramatic down to a T.

Did she really say she was ready to meet Jesus? Does she not think? There are kids who follow her who may actually be fighting for their life and she’s acting like a routine procedure like getting her tonsils removed was threatening to her life?! What does that say to people who really are fighting for their lives? Clearly smarts both street and book does not run strong in this family.
Hallelujah, the day after, shes okay to selflessly make YT videos and Instagram posts for us. THANK JESUS!

Maybe she needs to go visit children's hospitals to understand what dying is like. Which is not taking selfies in the hospital when you're supposedly ready to meet Jesus!

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

tomorrow100 wrote:Wow, moody snouty Annie today because Hayley just wanted to see the top bunk.

Also the loft space is still Annies. Don't understand why they just didn't get two single beds so they can have separate rooms.
Right?! I mean. On one thing. She might have wanted to share a room with Hayley. Since it’s not permanent and they still have their separate rooms back one maryland, they are also used to sharing a bed. Plus the loft is open and might not be a great place to sleep since it’s open to the rest of the house. I thought that when she did her loft room tour, like why would you want such an open space? But yes her attitude towards Hayley was annoying and Katie just laughs while “scolding” her. I swear she just wants to be Annie’s friend more than her mother.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
tomorrow100 wrote:Wow, moody snouty Annie today because Hayley just wanted to see the top bunk.

Right?! I mean. On one thing. She might have wanted to share a room with Hayley. Since it’s not permanent and they still have their separate rooms back one maryland, they are also used to sharing a bed. Plus the loft is open and might not be a great place to sleep since it’s open to the rest of the house. I thought that when she did her loft room tour, like why would you want such an open space? But yes her attitude towards Hayley was annoying and Katie just laughs while “scolding” her. I swear she just wants to be Annie’s friend more than her mother.
You hit the nail on the head. She wants to be Annie's BFF and hang out with the 13 year old gang. Though why, I can't imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer

Post by tomorrow100 »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:

Fair points, I couldn't sleep in that loft room myself as I'm a horrible sleeper. Annie however is quite the deep sleeper as you can tell as it take Katie ages to drag her out of bed.

But the whole reason she moved to the loft room was because of Hayley and the mess she makes. I just think the novelty of having bunk beds is the reason she wants to move back with Hayley. Give it a few weeks and she'll be complaining of the mess again.

I just hope Hayley can share that loft space too or I don't understand why they don't just make it the living room area so they can have more space down stairs for a proper table. That bean bag is just wasting space and looks ridiculous plonked in the room.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

But if they didn't have the bean bag, where would Annie do her trust falls? (Which cracks me up-- you can't "trust" an inanimate object!)

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

Watching the latest CG episode, GAH the acting just gets worse and worse! :x
Even the adults were cringy af :raging:

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

tomorrow100 wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:

Fair points, I couldn't sleep in that loft room myself as I'm a horrible sleeper. Annie however is quite the deep sleeper as you can tell as it take Katie ages to drag her out of bed.

But the whole reason she moved to the loft room was because of Hayley and the mess she makes. I just think the novelty of having bunk beds is the reason she wants to move back with Hayley. Give it a few weeks and she'll be complaining of the mess again.

I just hope Hayley can share that loft space too or I don't understand why they don't just make it the living room area so they can have more space down stairs for a proper table. That bean bag is just wasting space and looks ridiculous plonked in the room.
Yeah. But have you seen her own space? There were piles of clothes and things scattered everywhere. Plus in the QOTD yesterday she even admitted that her room was a mess.

I agree that bean bag is ridiculously too large for a small space. It’s better suited in the basement at their home in MD
Last edited by Lisatheacrobat on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Summersby wrote:Watching the latest CG episode, GAH the acting just gets worse and worse! :x
But but but Katie said it was sooo good?! Was Annie’s song the best one yet? I’m waiting for her break out moment

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Summersby wrote:Watching the latest CG episode, GAH the acting just gets worse and worse! :x
But but but Katie said it was sooo good?! Was Annie’s song the best one yet? I’m waiting for her break out moment
Surprisingly there are comments pointing out the horrible overuse of autotune.

Annie's line at the end kills me: "Sometimes it just feels like what comes easy for everyone else is hard for me. Like I have to stress, and work, and try so much harder."

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I commend you for sticking through the entire 18 minutes. I couldn’t get through 5. It’s just very childish. Mediocre acting, no emotional connection. It’s just mildly comparable to something on Nickelodeon. Idk why they think Annie is gonna be the next Brie Larson

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

Annie didn't know what the Oscars are? For how long now has she been trying to be an actor? Even if you don't watch the awards it seems hard to avoid mention of them when you spend as much time online as these kids do.

But I guess it only matters if it is an award for YouTube shows.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

keliza wrote:Annie didn't know what the Oscars are? For how long now has she been trying to be an actor? Even if you don't watch the awards it seems hard to avoid mention of them when you spend as much time online as these kids do.

But I guess it only matters if it is an award for YouTube shows.

That’s the thing. I didn’t know what the oscars were when I was younger. I thought the Academy Awards and the Oscars were 2 different things. But I knew what the Grammy’s were. I dreamt of going to the grammy’s every year. I actually almost got a chance to be a seat filler at the Grammy’s but didn’t end up moving to Nashville like I planned. But yeah. I just think she isn’t interested in the art of acting. She just does it cause it’s fun and makes her famous.

Hayley on the other hand. They need to cut trying to make Annie the star. Their money maker is Hayley. She is charismatic and charming and has great stage presence but Annie is so stiff and awkward and her acting is about as flat line as Hayden’s attitude.

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

I also think Hayley could be a very good actress if given the chance to improve and grow! Out of everyone else on CG, I find her performance the most believable.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Summersby wrote:I also think Hayley could be a very good actress if given the chance to improve and grow! Out of everyone else on CG, I find her performance the most believable.
Her character seems to be spunky and kinda full of herself. But she plays it so well. I mean she’s not gonna be booking any A list projects but she’s got more stage presence than her sister. I just wish it wasn’t all about annie when clearly Hayley has more talent than Annie.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

I thought it was kind of a nod to Hayley's potential talent that the Hollywood agent lady they are staying with zoomed in on Hayley immediately and gave her her business card. Hayley's character (Harmony) seems to be in negotiations for some parts too. Not sure if anything will come of that, but it was a nice compliment to Hayley (the lady didn't show any interest in Annie's talents). Someone said the acting had gotten worse. I actually thought Brooke had gotten much better. In the first episode I had to admit to myself that she was an awful actress, though I have always liked her, but in this recent episode it seems to me she has been working on that. I didn't notice anyone else's acting getting better...in fact, I think Hayden might be trying even less than he did in the beginning. After all, all he has to do is stare into the distance and all the Hannie fans will squeal. I don't get how that guy would see Hayden and say he reminds him of himself when he was young (did he, too, possess only one facial expression as a boy?) and favor him over his own son. And where did Annie/Rhyme's speech at the end come from? Since when has her life been so difficult and since when has she had to work harder for things? It seemed to me they just wanted her and the older boy to have a conversation (still think he looks like a pedo being interested in her) and wanted Rhyme to sound all deep and meaningful and that's what came out. And Ellie said she hasn't had her first kiss yet. What about that scene in the first or second episode where she "does the make out" with that guy in the restroom? I get it's a low budget kids web show and that the target audience is super easy to please but can we get some continuity and realism here?

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:Hayley on the other hand. They need to cut trying to make Annie the star. Their money maker is Hayley. She is charismatic and charming and has great stage presence but Annie is so stiff and awkward and her acting is about as flat line as Hayden’s attitude.
Before they pursue anything with any of the children they need to stop thinking of them as money makers. Hayley may be the more talented of the 2, but that's not anything to be really proud of. Imagine if they had ACTUALLY put her in regular dance classes like was the plan a year ago when she quit gymnastics. There was no need to rush these girls, but instant fame was more important than actually cultivating talent. I would not be surprised if when Hayley is older she wants nothing to do with the industry.

Rntymc
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Bratayley- The

Post by Rntymc »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
keliza wrote:They need actual lessons, not a drop in class once every couple of months. Hayley has potential but no chance to develop it. Seems like Annie is more interested in the idea than in actually doing it and doesn't have the natural confidence.

In the vlog of the dance class the video was in slow motion. I guessed it was to cover up that they weren't keeping up as well as the others who are probably going to many classes a week. It is too bad they have to pretend the girls are already good at everything rather than showing them learning and working at it regularly. That could be a good example to young fans of they actually did that, but they would rather exploit the odd pseudo-fame they have come up with.
Hayley is decent, and wants to dance. She's been wanting to take dance classes for at least a year. The funniest (or saddest) thing about this is that Annie's character in CG is supposed to be on a dance team and obsessed with dance. The only thing that would be a bigger stretch would be if she was supposed to be a big equestrian.

I honestly think Annie would be happier being a cheerleader. Here me out. I was an all star cheerleader and still follow the sport. First of all, Allstar cheer is not your sideline cheer you imagine at football and basketball. As a matter of fact, there’s no real cheering. Instead it’s a 2.5 minute routine packed with tumbling, jump skills, stunting, flight skills, pyramid building, and dance. I really believe Annie liked gymnastics but the structure of it being such a precise and strict sport as well as an individual sport put a lot of pressure on her. Cheer is a team sport and is never an individual sport. There’s also a level of fame and influence that she can still regale in being a “cheerlebrity” and I think she could seriously make a world’s team (worlds is like the super bowl of cheer.) Maryland Twisters is a HUGE well known gym in Maryland. Obviously. Lol. Annie would probably be placed on a level 4 senior team because Annie doesn’t have a whip to double. Which I believe you have to have at least a double full (in gymnastics I think it’s called a double layout). She would also have to rebuild her strength, learn jumps and tumbling. But seriously, she would probably enjoy it a lot more than gymnastics. She would probably enjoy it more than being forced to be in the spotlight pretending to be some insanely talented country pop star.

As for Hayley. Yeah, she quit gymnastics to do dance but what did Katie and Billy do? Force her to be an actress. If Hayley was taking classes regularly(and I don’t see why she isn’t since she seems to be home all day with Billy doing nothing) she would actually do really well as a dancer. She has more control of her body than Annie does. I mean look at Annie’s arms vs Hayley’s. Annie has what they call spaghetti arms. Her hands are dangling and lifeless. No control. Hayley’s arms are locked and tight and strong and that’s the key in hip hop. Not floppy weak arms but everything being sharp and that’s achieved by locking your muscles.
Annie would NOT make a good cheerleader. A lot of moves are sharp and tight also, I’d personally say even more so than hip hop. I did all star cheerleading and if there’s one thing I consistently heard it was the coaches threating to tape sticks to someone’s arms. Plus she has zero energy and charisma. She would get devoured like the bowl of spaghetti she is at tryouts.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:Hayley on the other hand. They need to cut trying to make Annie the star. Their money maker is Hayley. She is charismatic and charming and has great stage presence but Annie is so stiff and awkward and her acting is about as flat line as Hayden’s attitude.
Before they pursue anything with any of the children they need to stop thinking of them as money makers. Hayley may be the more talented of the 2, but that's not anything to be really proud of. Imagine if they had ACTUALLY put her in regular dance classes like was the plan a year ago when she quit gymnastics. There was no need to rush these girls, but instant fame was more important than actually cultivating talent. I would not be surprised if when Hayley is older she wants nothing to do with the industry.
Personally, I feel like Hayley quit because she wanted to dance. Hayley never took to gymnastics quite like Annie did. Even comparing the 2, Annie was like a level 4 or 5 by the time she was Hayley’s age and Hayley was only level 2... or 3? I think she found an interest in dance after all the Flair practices. But they “say” it was the “kids” who wanted to act so they took like 2 or 3 skype lessons while simultaneously auditioning for roles on Nickelodeon and Disney. Most people don’t do that. The talent pool is so large, that Annie and Hayley’s bland not really trained acting gets lost in the sea of kids who have done community theatre taken acting lessons who have extensive experience. That’s why they are working on a YouTube series with other poorly trained but well known celebrities. I mean MOST of these kids were scouted our from Musically. So how do you expect them to be great actors when al they can do is lip sync and move their phone around? I mean Baby Ariel in this show... So really, unless they were training and taking lessons, they will never get shows beyond youtube cause there is so much talent out there.

I agree. Brooke is getting better. But her fake crying seemed too obviously fake. Brooke and Hayley are the only ones who really seem to have potential. All the other characters are flat, boring, have no personality and no emotion.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bratayley- The

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Rntymc wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
keliza wrote:They need actual lessons, not a drop in class once every couple of months. Hayley has potential but no chance to develop it. Seems like Annie is more interested in the idea than in actually doing it and doesn't have the natural confidence.

In the vlog of the dance class the video was in slow motion. I guessed it was to cover up that they weren't keeping up as well as the others who are probably going to many classes a week. It is too bad they have to pretend the girls are already good at everything rather than showing them learning and working at it regularly. That could be a good example to young fans of they actually did that, but they would rather exploit the odd pseudo-fame they have come up with.
Hayley is decent, and wants to dance. She's been wanting to take dance classes for at least a year. The funniest (or saddest) thing about this is that Annie's character in CG is supposed to be on a dance team and obsessed with dance. The only thing that would be a bigger stretch would be if she was supposed to be a big equestrian.

I honestly think Annie would be happier being a cheerleader. Here me out. I was an all star cheerleader and still follow the sport. First of all, Allstar cheer is not your sideline cheer you imagine at football and basketball. As a matter of fact, there’s no real cheering. Instead it’s a 2.5 minute routine packed with tumbling, jump skills, stunting, flight skills, pyramid building, and dance. I really believe Annie liked gymnastics but the structure of it being such a precise and strict sport as well as an individual sport put a lot of pressure on her. Cheer is a team sport and is never an individual sport. There’s also a level of fame and influence that she can still regale in being a “cheerlebrity” and I think she could seriously make a world’s team (worlds is like the super bowl of cheer.) Maryland Twisters is a HUGE well known gym in Maryland. Obviously. Lol. Annie would probably be placed on a level 4 senior team because Annie doesn’t have a whip to double. Which I believe you have to have at least a double full (in gymnastics I think it’s called a double layout). She would also have to rebuild her strength, learn jumps and tumbling. But seriously, she would probably enjoy it a lot more than gymnastics. She would probably enjoy it more than being forced to be in the spotlight pretending to be some insanely talented country pop star.

As for Hayley. Yeah, she quit gymnastics to do dance but what did Katie and Billy do? Force her to be an actress. If Hayley was taking classes regularly(and I don’t see why she isn’t since she seems to be home all day with Billy doing nothing) she would actually do really well as a dancer. She has more control of her body than Annie does. I mean look at Annie’s arms vs Hayley’s. Annie has what they call spaghetti arms. Her hands are dangling and lifeless. No control. Hayley’s arms are locked and tight and strong and that’s the key in hip hop. Not floppy weak arms but everything being sharp and that’s achieved by locking your muscles.
Annie would NOT make a good cheerleader. A lot of moves are sharp and tight also, I’d personally say even more so than hip hop. I did all star cheerleading and if there’s one thing I consistently heard it was the coaches threating to tape sticks to someone’s arms. Plus she has zero energy and charisma. She would get devoured like the bowl of spaghetti she is at tryouts.
Well her sharp execution can be fixed. She has energy but not when she has to do stuff. I just think it’s less stiff and precise than gymnastics. The tumbling passes are more laid back than in gymnastics (as in you don’t have to throw the pass and then salute every time you finish). Plus it’s a team sport so it’s less focused on Annie. There’s the glitz and the glam aspect. Plus I think cheer competitions are way more fun than gymnastics meets. Her actual execution is fixable. But I think that’s why she wouldn’t make a level 5 world’s team right off the bat. Because she doesn’t have the right tumbling passes and because she needs at least a year to really learn how to be a cheerleader.

Return to “Bratayley”