Bratayley- Here today. Gone to Maui! (Part 5)

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley- Here today. Gone to Maui! (Part 5)

Post by tomorrow100 »

I thought it was rated 15, surely a 12 year old wouldn't be allowed in the cinema to watch it?

And Annie can't get through a simple thunder storm without clinging on to the nearest adult and crying her eyes out, no way would she sit through a scary film

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

In America kids can go see whatever movie they want all the way up to R-rated as long as there's an adult or older kid with them. There were little kids Hayley's age and younger in the audience when I went to see both Fist Fight and Deadpool :bang:

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer

Post by tomorrow100 »

Summersby wrote:In America kids can go see whatever movie they want all the way up to R-rated as long as there's an adult or older kid with them. There were little kids Hayley's age and younger in the audience when I went to see both Fist Fight and Deadpool :bang:
Wtf, why would you take a 9 year old or younger to watch something made for older teens and adults?
There's a reason why those sort of films are rated high

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

tomorrow100 wrote:
Summersby wrote:In America kids can go see whatever movie they want all the way up to R-rated as long as there's an adult or older kid with them. There were little kids Hayley's age and younger in the audience when I went to see both Fist Fight and Deadpool :bang:
Wtf, why would you take a 9 year old or younger to watch something made for older teens and adults?

My thoughts exactly. Very annoying for adults who wish to see a film without screaming babies or bored, chatty kids.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

tomorrow100 wrote:
Because people are stupid. You can go if you have a "parent or guardian" with you. I would never have taken my kids to R rated movies when they were under age. And believe me, they asked. So basically, parents who care more about being cool than being parents are the ones taking their kids.
And I agree-- Annie can't get through Trick or Treating without getting freaked out at least once. There's no way she's going to sit through "It".

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

lmmomSD wrote:
tomorrow100 wrote:
Because people are stupid. You can go if you have a "parent or guardian" with you. I would never have taken my kids to R rated movies when they were under age. And believe me, they asked. So basically, parents who care more about being cool than being parents are the ones taking their kids.
And I agree-- Annie can't get through Trick or Treating without getting freaked out at least once. There's no way she's going to sit through "It".

Agreed. Young kids shouldn't be seeing some of the stuff that's in these movies, sex violence and other stuff. Especially very small children who have a hard time separating reality from fiction.

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

There was a Mom here last year who ended up leaving a late showing of "Bad Moms" because she had her 9 month old with her, because her sitter cancelled last minute. Security told her she could stay but the baby had to go.

Back to Bratayley, one of the smarter parenting decisions is not letting Annie see a movie they know is going to scare her.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Is it time for a new thread soon? If so I would like to nominate my Poultry Maidens as the title :rofl:

xalisondilaurentisx
Informer
Informer

Post by xalisondilaurentisx »

elah_w wrote:Just watched the most recent vlog of them presenting that award and it was sooooo bad!! I was cringing so hard that I almost couldn't watch it. Ok sorry but those kids have no stage presence and they looked so awkward up there. And singing that chicken girls song was so random. I doubt many people in the audience had any idea who the kids were or what that song was from. I could barley even hear Hayden when he would talk too. It was just so strange and forced and ahhhh so bad. Hate to be mean toward kids, it's not really their fault, but that wasn't good.
Brooke sounded really good when they sang though. Didn't hear annie at all, but agreed that was super uncomfortable

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:Is it time for a new thread soon? If so I would like to nominate my Poultry Maidens as the title :rofl:
Yeah somehow need to include Poultry Maidens in the title :D

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Summersby wrote:
RazzleDazzle46 wrote:Is it time for a new thread soon? If so I would like to nominate my Poultry Maidens as the title :rofl:
Yeah somehow need to include Poultry Maidens in the title :D
I definitely agree!

Changeofheart
Debater
Debater

Post by Changeofheart »

IT would terrify Annie. Can you imagine the whining we’d hear from her about how scary it was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

I agree that the next thread should be called Poultry Maidens!

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

So is that huge house they're always at for Rock Your Hair where Brooke and Rush live? Wow those parents must be loaded. Is all of that money really just from RYH or have the parents done other things?

PumpkinHead
Learner
Learner

Post by PumpkinHead »

It really annoys me how everyone always seems to ignore what Hayley wants. When they went to look at dresses the other day Hayley said that she hates dresses and didn't want to wear one. And what is she wearing..? Then when they were getting ready Hayley wanted her hair in a ponytail, and everyone instantly tried to convince her to leave it down. And then Annie is over there "oh she'll probably get a ponytail anyway because she'll whine about it" (or something to that effect). At least Hay did end up with the hairstyle she wanted, but seriously. Annie gets whatever she wants, no questions asked, and Hayley can't even wear her hair the way she wants?

I know it's such a minute thing, but this happens constantly and I feel so bad for Hayley. She's been on camera for most of her life and probably doesn't even remember what it's like to not have a camera stuck in her face daily. I think she's done with all of the 'fame' and would rather be at home; going to regular school, hanging out with her actual friends, doing dance lessons like she wants to, and just being a kid. She gets dragged to LA for months at a time so that she can sit in the background while everyone fawns over Annie.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so tired of the 'celebrate life' crap. They're just using it as an excuse to do whatever they want and spend excessive amounts of money. Caleb was such a sweet, funny kid and I truly do not think this is what he would have wanted. It's sad and shocking how much this family has changed in two years.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

No need to apologise. I've been saying for ages that "Celebrate life" means to them, that they should buy whatever they want and throw money at anything Annie wants. I heard Hayley say she hated dresses too. And Katie said something like "well, we don't need dresses, but we're going to be dressed _up_". But they went to look at _dresses_. Period. So not right.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

@Pumpkinhead- Don't feel bad. A lot of us have been saying the same thing. It's really heartbreaking and makes me angry the way it's turning more and more into the Annie show and Hayley is just there. She deserves so much better than that.

Also. I'm going to make the new thread today, trying to think of a clever way to include Poultry Maidens in the title because that is a MUST lol.
.......meow.......

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

.......meow.......

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Poldl wrote:If they want to push Annie for this music "career", why don't they start to turn her channel in the mold of other youtube singers'? Instead of jumping straight to these music videos they could just have Annie sitting on her room or a studio singing to a microphone. I googled a little bit and found the channel of this girl named Sofia Karlberg, that's pretty much what I'm saying here.

I'm not saying that as a fan of "youtube singers" though, because usually they have the most annoying "quirks" just for the sake of being "so unique" or whatever, I can't stand the stupid ways of pronouncing simple words. But I feel this format would work better for both Annie and the minions.
Am I allowed to continue in a "dead" thread? I have been catching up on what everyone is saying. I feel like I finally found my people. I wanted to say I agree with you, but sitting Annie in the corner of her room requires her to 1. work on actual music. Because the good youtube singers do something with heir covers to make it unique (look at Madilyn Bailey and Alex G). Work that Annie doesn't wanna do. It would require knowledge on her part of music theory and arranging music. Which is difficult in itself. and 2. Would take away from the money they would make off of her sales of singles. And as we all know it's all about the money. She would also need to know how to play an instrument because her acapella singing is atrocious! She doesn't hear the notes in her head and so she is always flat in her vocals.

This would not work for Annie because she is not interested in learning how to be a better singer, learn how to play an instrument beyond copying the way it's done in the song. I mean most of the good youtube singers are good because they can sing, but they also change songs to be unique. Like Christina Grimmie's cover of Do I Wanna Know by the Arctic Monkey's. Or her cover of Hold On We're Going Home by Drake from when she was on The Voice. That was Christina's arrangement and she asked Adam if she could do it. She was originally gonna do a different song but she begged Adam to do it. That's what made people watch them, because they took popular songs and put a spin on it and people like that. No one wants to hear a carbon copy of the original. Even Christina's cover of I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz, I still say is BETTER than Jason Mraz's original version. But I just don't think Annie is musically inclined enough, driven enough or passionate enough to take popular songs and make the covers better than the originals.

Return to “Bratayley”