Bratayley (Part 2)

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley (Part 2)

Post by tomorrow100 »

The way I saw the Limo incident is that Billy and Katie put their trust in kids they barely knew to look after their children because like someone else said, they want their kids to network with other kids to get more exposure. Hopefully this will teach them that everyone on YouTube or Musically etc are not what they seem. Not everyone is unicorns and rainbows and they're not brought up the same sheltered life as Annie and Hayley, who especially Annie since she is secluded in her own home/Gym are only exposed to certain things.

I mean what 8 year old doesn't want to go in a limo, nothing wrong with that, she was with that other little girl who she seems good friends with and her sister and they probably didn't expect to have that sort of music playing.

These kids will be irrelevant one day and they will all be going off to college, getting normal jobs and cringing on the fact that they danced to inappropriate songs in front of younger children and when they have their own children, they will understand what they did was wrong. I couldn't imagine my childhood online for all to see. I don't understand how their parents allow this to happen for their own selfish reasons. At least with child actors they get some sort of privacy once they go home at the end of the day.

Also, I think Annie is doing some singing because they guy (even though Hayley was super distracting in that clip, I wish Katie told her to sit down or stand still, couldn't imagine how distracting it was for that guy) was asking her about how lyrics are laid out and what they're called (Chorus, Verses etc) Annie didn't know that well but I thought she had singing lessons? Obviously she wasn't paying attention that well in them and I generally thought it was common knowledge too.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

When they were eating breakfast, Katie said Annie had a voice lesson. This is ridiculous.
That one boy, the blonde (not the one who was "acting like a f**got") is on that Nickelodeon show "Nicky, Dicky, Ricky and Dawn" or whatever it's called. Katie was probably orgasming at the idea of Annie riding in a limo with a bona fide Nickelodeon actor. I can't imagine sending my 8 year old daughter off in a limo with 15 year old boys. A 12 year old, maybe, but Annie is so sheltered.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Poldl
Debater
Debater

Post by Poldl »

I'm 21 and it's pretty sad to see these kids trying so hard to act like adults. Someone linked an instagram with the limo videos a few comments ago, and there was an edit with Annie. The poses and faces Annie makes for pictures or those musicalys are almost uncomfortable to watch, not to mention the makeup. I'm pretty sure these kids will grow to regret this later in life.

On a different note, It's also sad to watch how the family and the channel has changed. If you watch one of their older vlogs the whole atmosphere of the videos is completely different, there are even some heartwarming moments of the family having fun together in very simple ways. From the top of my head I can remember that baloon popping game vlog, or the one titled "I'll never die!" which is now pretty bittersweet. I don't know, it all seemed more genuine and carefree.

It's almost as if they started by filming their lives on youtube, and now they are living their lives for youtube.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Poldl wrote:I'm 21 and it's pretty sad to see these kids trying so hard to act like adults. Someone linked an instagram with the limo videos a few comments ago, and there was an edit with Annie. The poses and faces Annie makes for pictures or those musicalys are almost uncomfortable to watch, not to mention the makeup. I'm pretty sure these kids will grow to regret this later in life.

On a different note, It's also sad to watch how the family and the channel has changed. If you watch one of their older vlogs the whole atmosphere of the videos is completely different, there are even some heartwarming moments of the family having fun together in very simple ways. From the top of my head I can remember that baloon popping game vlog, or the one titled "I'll never die!" which is now pretty bittersweet. I don't know, it all seemed more genuine and carefree.

It's almost as if they started filming their lives on youtube, and now they are living their lives for youtube.
It really _is_ sad. They've changed so much. My daughter loves watching the old vlogs with Caleb, and the family was just so goofy and sweet. The vlogs where they are at the beach in Maryland are so different from the way they are now. They were just happy to be walking down the boardwalk together. Now they would probably complain about how small the room is.
The problem you stated seems to be a common problem with vloggers: they start vlogging their lives, and then the vlog takes over their lives.

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

I remember Zoella saying in a vlog from a while ago that sometimes she actually went out just to have stuff to put on the vlog and that she'd much rather stay at home (can't remeber the exact quote, but it was something like that). I'm sure that happens to most (if not all) vloggers too.
I should probably be working...

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

montsecll6 wrote:Those kids are annoying af, but I mostly think this was the parents' fault. Why would they let the 8 year olds (and a 5 year old!) get on a limo with a bunch of rowdy older kids? What did they think would happen? That they would all be on their best behaviour wearing their seatbelts and sitting quietly?

Sure, they could've been more respectful, but they were having fun with their friends. It's not their responsibility to look after the little kids. Not even Annie should have been expected to babysit Hayley (I hardly doubt she was any more comfortable there considering how sheltered she is). Imagine how exasperating it has to be trying to appear cool and make friends your own age and having your little sister and her friend tagging along.
It's totally not their responsibility and it was totally the parents fault, BUT it's kind of one of those things. Someone is jaywalks and gets hit by a car, it's not your responsibility to help them, but it's the considerate thing to do. The reacted like total douche bags, in what was an already shitty situation.
tomorrow100 wrote: These kids will be irrelevant one day and they will all be going off to college, getting normal jobs and cringing on the fact that they danced to inappropriate songs in front of younger children and when they have their own children, they will understand what they did was wrong.
My first though was I hope their star burns out soon, because the way Annie is going if it doesn't, I can see he not going to college, and forever trying to live the dream. I can kind of see her ending up kind of like a Trisha Paytas type of person unfortunately.
montsecll6 wrote:I remember Zoella saying in a vlog from a while ago that sometimes she actually went out just to have stuff to put on the vlog and that she'd much rather stay at home (can't remeber the exact quote, but it was something like that). I'm sure that happens to most (if not all) vloggers too.
I feel like it HAS to happen to daily vloggers. Even more so when it's your only source of income. Everyone generally has stress in the workplace at one point or another, but can you imagine stress in the workplace when your work place is your home, and co-workers are every single person in your life.

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

Anyone else creeped out at how invested fans are in "shipping" the kids with each other?

Also...I was browsing Bratayley-related insta's and somehow stumbled upon a link to a fanfiction site. I am officially creeped out for the night. :o

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Those shoes Annie picked are so uglyl And maybe Hayley's were cute, but they didn't go with her outfit at all.
Anyone else catch Katie watching the wedding out the window, and yelling "Run! Don't do it!" And Annie looked at her, and said "What?" So Katie said she was just kidding, but she didn't sound like she was kidding. She sounded bitter.
Here's the shoes:Image

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Summersby wrote:Anyone else creeped out at how invested fans are in "shipping" the kids with each other?

Also...I was browsing Bratayley-related insta's and somehow stumbled upon a link to a fanfiction site. I am officially creeped out for the night. :o
Yes, it's creepy. Annie is 12. People are acting like she's going to fall in love with. Hayden, marry him, and live happily ever after. And I have always hated "supercouple names". Even if people are married, they are not one person. Merging their identities is just icky.
Fan fiction grosses me out too. Some of it is pretty harmless, just fantasies of being adopted by the vlogger, and included in their rich happy family. But some of it is definitely scary. And the vloggers have to know it's out there. And it's just one more creepy thing they are exposing their kids to.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Summersby wrote:Anyone else creeped out at how invested fans are in "shipping" the kids with each other?

Yes, it's creepy. Annie is 12. People are acting like she's going to fall in love with. Hayden, marry him, and live happily ever after. And I have always hated "supercouple names". Even if people are married, they are not one person. Merging their identities is just icky.
Fan fiction grosses me out too. Some of it is pretty harmless, just fantasies of being adopted by the vlogger, and included in their rich happy family. But some of it is definitely scary. And the vloggers have to know it's out there. And it's just one more creepy thing they are exposing their kids to.

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Very.

And I HATE fan faction about real people in general, let alone with little kids. Keep your fan fiction to Supernatural and Riverdale.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:

Very.

And I HATE fan faction about real people in general, let alone with little kids. Keep your fan fiction to Supernatural and Riverdale.
Exactly. Fantasies about Twilight and the Winchesters are fine. But real children? Not OK.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Comments on the new vlog-- these kids are so delusional.

Gossipgirl777
Talker
Talker

Post by Gossipgirl777 »

http://www.bratayley.com/

They have a website now lol because they're OHHH so famous now !! :rofl:

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

They spent years hiding their last name and now they are realeasing it everywhere, along with their middle name and other details? When the youtube bubble bursts and people move on to something else, all this people who post their every move on the internet are going to have a hard time finding a job. I don't know how much money they've saved, but it certainly doesn't last forever (certainly not at the rate they're spending it).

I understand why someone might find vlogging appealing, but, to me, daily vlogs are an invasion of privacy when they feature children who have no say in the matter. I'm sure Hayley still doesn't get the implications of this whole thing and maybe Annie doesn't either. I really hope there's some law regarding children on youtube soon, because these greedy parents don't seem to have boundaries.
I should probably be working...

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer

Post by tomorrow100 »

The Bratayley fans make me laugh. They attack Mackenzie Ziegler for being friends with Hayden because they ship him with Annie but then also going around calling anyone who doesn't kiss the LeBlanc's feet haters and to stop being mean (even if you're giving them genuine good advice about why you shouldn't buy a green kid a green horse). They're hypocrites, its okay for them to hate on people but if someone hates on their precious family, its a different story.

The fanfiction stuff is weird af, I read fanfiction and I admit I've written some before but I'm reading/writing about a fictional show with fictional characters. Not two real life kids, I'd hate to grow up to find this sort of weird shit about me online one day.

Have you also seen those videos where the make edits and call them 'What if Hayley/Annie died?'
Especially after Caleb's death, I'd be telling my fans to stop making videos like that. It's plain wrong making edits about kids dying. People need to start monitoring their kids online activity more closely.

ALSO, I thought Annie didn't have time to become a singer. No wonder the kid has anxiety when shes got all this stuff on her plate. Annie confuses me, she can sing in front of a stranger but she can't order off a menu?

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

montsecll6 wrote:They spent years hiding their last name and now they are realeasing it everywhere, along with their middle name and other details? When the youtube bubble bursts and people move on to something else, all this people who post their every move on the internet are going to have a hard time finding a job. I don't know how much money they've saved, but it certainly doesn't last forever (certainly not at the rate they're spending it).

I understand why someone might find vlogging appealing, but, to me, daily vlogs are an invasion of privacy when they feature children who have no say in the matter. I'm sure Hayley still doesn't get the implications of this whole thing and maybe Annie doesn't either. I really hope there's some law regarding children on youtube soon, because these greedy parents don't seem to have boundaries.
The laws aren't going to change unless something tragic happens, or some YouTube kid sues their parents.

And of course they are blasting their last name everywhere. How is Annie going to get famous otherwise? "Annie from Bratayley" doesn't look as good on a credit reel as "Annie LeBlanc".

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Why did Katie make such a big deal about Annie wearing "a little makeup" for the RDMAs, when Annie has worn makeup pretty much every day that they have been in LA? She wore it to the recording studio. And to Musically.

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

lmmomSD wrote:
montsecll6 wrote:They spent years hiding their last name and now they are realeasing it everywhere, along with their middle name and other details? When the youtube bubble bursts and people move on to something else, all this people who post their every move on the internet are going to have a hard time finding a job. I don't know how much money they've saved, but it certainly doesn't last forever (certainly not at the rate they're spending it).

The laws aren't going to change unless something tragic happens, or some YouTube kid sues their parents.

And of course they are blasting their last name everywhere. How is Annie going to get famous otherwise? "Annie from Bratayley" doesn't look as good on a credit reel as "Annie LeBlanc".

You'd think with the whole Daddyofive thing the tides would start to change in favor of protecting YouTube kids.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

Itsmemustb
Talker
Talker

Post by Itsmemustb »

I am imagining Katie and Billy saying "Hmm, this thing with Hayden was so popular and got us so many views...Let's have another meetup with him!" Jojo kept making fun of the Hannie thing and Annie and Hayden themselves seemed to be avoiding each other as much as possible. I don't blame them. This ship stuff is cringe-worthy. And how the fans use Caleb's memory to "prove" that Annie deserves Hayden over Mackenzie by saying stuff like "Annie has been through so much!" Yuck, just yuck. And I thought Annie has said in the past that she doesn't like being shipped. I know most of the fans are only preteens but they should be old enough to see how ridiculous their behavior is.

It was so cute when the older girls were praising Hayley for her "would you rather." Her whole face just lit up and she seemed to appreciate all the attention.

I miss the old vlogs too. They were just a nice little relatable family and now they are all about photo shoots and voice lessons and schmoozing with just the right people who will get them attention. It seems to happen to almost all youtubers.

Return to “Bratayley”