Chandler Ainsley (take 2)

RomieKnottage
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Chandler Ainsley (take 2)

Post by RomieKnottage »

Hey guys, it's been a while since I logged on here and I saw all the old threads got locked so I figured I would make a new one. I wanted to come on here because over memorial weekend I was spending time with family and found out one of my cousins attended the same school as Chandler (UT Austin). She pledged for the same sorority and said Chandler was pretty racist and would bully some of the girls at school while being friendly with others. This was several years ago though so maybe she's changed? But I was kinda shocked that someone I knew in real life had unpleasant interactions with a booktuber. Small world!! Anyway I wanted to share this right away since I know we all love tea here haha

potatopeeler92
Learner
Learner

Re: Chandler Ainsley (take 2)

Post by potatopeeler92 »

This doesn't surprise me at all :? It's very similar behavior to what she already acted like on booktube before she took a hiatus and came back trying to clean her act up

likeaphrodite
Learner
Learner

Post by likeaphrodite »

lmao i don't know if anyone else noticed this but for the past two weeks or so chandler has been reading a ton of short novellas by black authors. superficially there's nothing wrong with that. but Chandler has read very few books by poc this year after coming back and saying she was gonna do so, and that she was gonna hold herself accountable by doing stat videos quarterly/midyearly. so far, she hasn't said anything and her reading has been literally the same if not worse. she said she was gonna focus on reading better books and not focus too much on reading for videos but it seems like that's all she's doing, and it's all trash. so now, a few days before "deadline" she's rushing to chuck in as many books by poc as she can, not because she actually wants to so organically but so that her stats don't look fucking embarrassing and she can get praise for being a diverse queen when in actuality she's done nothing.

floridakilosss
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by floridakilosss »

Chandler wasn’t in a sorority at UT Austin. She joined one at Texas A&M her freshman year, before transferring the following year, and her sorority did not have a chapter at UT Austin. So not sure how your cousin could claim this.

RomieKnottage
Learner
Learner

Post by RomieKnottage »

I can ask my cousin to clarify about the school next time I see her if you want the exact details that much, but she had recognized Chandler's face and name when I was showing her a youtube video and Chandler popped up in my recommendations. So unless Chandler has an identical twin who looks exactly like her and has the same name as her and also went to school in Texas I don't know who else that could be.

It looks like you just created your account today and only have this one post, so I don't know if you're Chandler who decided to make an account after seeing this thread, but I'm only saying what I learned. Like I said, college was a long time ago, maybe she (you?) has changed or grown since then. At least I hope so.

grilledcheese_
Talker
Talker

Post by grilledcheese_ »

does the way Chandler talk about f/f romance make anyone else uncomfy lol. I can't exactly put my finger on it but something about it is just.... off to me

floridakilosss
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by floridakilosss »

I did just make an account to respond but I’m not chandler. I’ve read here occasionally for a while but that’s just such an obvious lie I had to comment. You’d have to ask your “cousin” to clarify which college she actually went to? You already said UT Austin. Chandler was not in a sorority at UT Austin. She was only in one her freshman year at A&M. So which is it? Your “cousin” (you?) obviously had no idea and just wanted to make her look bad with a completely fake story instead of commenting on something she’s actually done.

RomieKnottage
Learner
Learner

Post by RomieKnottage »

I have nothing to gain from making things up to make someone look bad when they already look bad from all the previous posts about her in the other forum. My cousin went to UT Austin which is why I assumed that was in the same school. If I were making it up, I must somehow be great at guessing that specific college Chandler went to out of the thousands in the world. You not only confirmed that she went to that school before, but you then added a bunch of other details, so for a random “lurker” whose only posts were made to defend Chandler I find that very odd.

potatopeeler92
Learner
Learner

Post by potatopeeler92 »

grilledcheese_ wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:13 pm
does the way Chandler talk about f/f romance make anyone else uncomfy lol. I can't exactly put my finger on it but something about it is just.... off to me
It's because she's trying to overcompensate so that people will stop thinking she fetishizes m/m. Just like how she overcompensates with POC so that people will stop thinking she's racist. A lot of what she does is just damage control and you can tell because she only starts to do these things after she's been criticized.

grilledcheese_
Talker
Talker

Post by grilledcheese_ »

This is such a minor gripe, and I don't even know if this is the case, but it really seems like Chandler scripts her videos and I think she should stop lol. Especially when she delivers a "joke", it sounds so flat and awkward and just like she's reading words on a page - there's no emotion behind it and it does not seem authentic at all.

ohmystars
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ohmystars »

potatopeeler92 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:19 am
grilledcheese_ wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:13 pm
It's because she's trying to overcompensate so that people will stop thinking she fetishizes m/m. Just like how she overcompensates with POC so that people will stop thinking she's racist. A lot of what she does is just damage control and you can tell because she only starts to do these things after she's been criticized.
This is truth. She does feel really inauthentic to me a lot of the time, she changes when she’s criticized but it doesn’t seem genuine.

Also, she has the *driest* sense of humor and it does come across as pretty offputting a lot of the time.

Pandora_MF
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Pandora_MF »

Delurking to say that I appreciate the entertainment value of a lot of her videos and the work that she puts into them, but I also don't see the point of her reading fantasy, sci-fi, or anything that isn't a romance-heavy (read: smut-heavy) since she never likes them and always finds them boring. Like what you like and read what you like, if that makes sense! I mean, I think it is great to try other genres, but at this point I think she should know that they aren't for her. That's so much more interesting than watching her dunk on books I genuinely liked for no other reason than to be relevant and get views.
For the record, I also like romance, both spicy and sweet. I am not hating on romance at all.

Este
Learner
Learner

Post by Este »

Pandora_MF wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:30 am
Delurking to say that I appreciate the entertainment value of a lot of her videos and the work that she puts into them, but I also don't see the point of her reading fantasy, sci-fi, or anything that isn't a romance-heavy (read: smut-heavy) since she never likes them and always finds them boring. Like what you like and read what you like, if that makes sense! I mean, I think it is great to try other genres, but at this point I think she should know that they aren't for her. That's so much more interesting than watching her dunk on books I genuinely liked for no other reason than to be relevant and get views.
For the record, I also like romance, both spicy and sweet. I am not hating on romance at all.
this, so much!!!! no one is asking her to fake enthusiasm while talking about sci-fi/fantasy books, but if her partner likes the particular book they're talking about, it feels a bit........unnecessary? to look so damn BORED and even zoom in on your face while he's talking? it's just bleh to me

Pandora_MF
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Pandora_MF »

Este wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:52 pm
Pandora_MF wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:30 am
this, so much!!!! no one is asking her to fake enthusiasm while talking about sci-fi/fantasy books, but if her partner likes the particular book they're talking about, it feels a bit........unnecessary? to look so damn BORED and even zoom in on your face while he's talking? it's just bleh to me
Yes, that was something I forgot to mention! Watching her talk over Hayden (?) during the Wheel of Time DBBC irritated the life out of me. Like, calm down and let the man speak? It was so disrespectful and rude. My husband and I buddy read books, and we don't always have the same taste (highly political fantasy series are not my thing), but I am always genuinely interested in his thoughts and the conversations we have about them. Why do it at all if you don't want to have an actual, two-way conversation?

Annaj001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Annaj001 »

Pandora_MF wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:46 am
Este wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:52 pm

Yes, that was something I forgot to mention! Watching her talk over Hayden (?) during the Wheel of Time DBBC irritated the life out of me. Like, calm down and let the man speak? It was so disrespectful and rude. My husband and I buddy read books, and we don't always have the same taste (highly political fantasy series are not my thing), but I am always genuinely interested in his thoughts and the conversations we have about them. Why do it at all if you don't want to have an actual, two-way conversation?
Yep! I genuinely like Chandler’s channel but I think this goes along with what someone said earlier that she sounds “scripted”. I think she likes to control the narrative and that’s what she’s trying to do when they are on together.

potatopeeler92
Learner
Learner

Post by potatopeeler92 »

It's ironic how Chandler denounced Sarah J. Maas when it was revealed she was a Zionist, now she's running a Throne of Glass readathon. Her "woke"ness is so fake. She doesn't care about Palestinians, Black lives, or any other issue other than her own image. I would rather have her just be honest that she doesn't care about this stuff instead of pretending to cover her ass. Why even bother putting in effort?

girlactik88
Debater
Debater

Post by girlactik88 »

potatopeeler92 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:17 am
It's ironic how Chandler denounced Sarah J. Maas when it was revealed she was a Zionist, now she's running a Throne of Glass readathon. Her "woke"ness is so fake. She doesn't care about Palestinians, Black lives, or any other issue other than her own image. I would rather have her just be honest that she doesn't care about this stuff instead of pretending to cover her ass. Why even bother putting in effort?
I thought she gave up on that idea last year after all the controversy? Is she bringing it up it again??

TinyBaby
Learner
Learner

Post by TinyBaby »

I do not understand Chandler reading a Buzzfeed list of contemporary romance when she knows it is not something she enjoy. All of them got maybe three stars aside from four that got more. Is it because of the views?

grilledcheese_
Talker
Talker

Post by grilledcheese_ »

TinyBaby wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:53 am
I do not understand Chandler reading a Buzzfeed list of contemporary romance when she knows it is not something she enjoy. All of them got maybe three stars aside from four that got more. Is it because of the views?
this is one of the main reasons why I stopped watching her. I like seeing people try books outside of their comfort zone but she almost NEVER likes the books she tries. like sure, try a fantasy book out every once in a while. read mainstream romance books that interest you. but all of her "I read 5" videos or list videos she dislikes a majority of the books. there's no need to even watch them because I can expect that she'll dislike 90% of them.

gemstone
Talker
Talker

Post by gemstone »

i thought it was a bit ridiculous how chandler complained in her latest vlog about having to eat fast food so much because her husband was busy and couldn't cook. like girl... nothing is stopping YOU from cooking. like is it really that hard to whip up a sandwich or something? she was acting so helpless, like sis... you're an adult, you can whip something up for yourself really easily.

Return to “BookTube”