Sasha Alsberg Part 3

BlueGiraffe
Talker
Talker

Re: Sasha Alsberg Part 3

Post by BlueGiraffe »

Regarding the fake autographed copies: Has SJM come forward with a statement by now?

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

Sasha posted to her IG stories about playing cards with two people. One of the two people looks like it's probably Taran.

She also commented on a new photo her roommate posted yesterday saying she missed her. It looks like her roommmate is still in London though.

So either her roomate's left London and Sasha is having people outside their household over to their apartment, or Sasha's left London to mix with people outside her household.

I can't see how this doesn't violate London's Tier 4 lockdown rules...

Fox_in_the_mist20
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Fox_in_the_mist20 »

She is losing followers on Instagram everyday. She was at 210k and now is at 208,577. And it keeps going down in chunks.

Maybe this will shock her out of her behaviour because she lives off of her Instagram. And also why does she take photos of strangers houses and put them on her stories?

Its creepy and unacceptable.

gossip_girl_xoxo7
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gossip_girl_xoxo7 »

Anyone else a little concerned that her and her roommate rented public bikes, were not wearing masks, and kept touching their face ? It's tough times for everyone and I understand the need to go out for some exercise so I am not judging them for that, mental health is important. But renting public bikes which I'm sure they did not disinfect before using, not wearing a mask and touching your face non stop... that's like a guaranteed way to get covid ... makes me sad

She deleted some of the stories from last night so I guess she realized she messed up yet again

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

I don’t think she and her roommate can justify their continued failure to follow public health guidelines by using their mental health. They didn’t have to spend Christmas alone because they live by themselves and did not want to flaunt restrictions. Nope, in true rich white girl fashion, they both broke Tier 4 rules to go be with other people, when they could have just spent Christmas together. Their coping strategy is to actively put other people at risk by not wearing masks, taking cross-Atlantic non-essential trips constantly, and breaking just about every kind of COVID restriction the British government has put in place. Everyone else is able to go outside for exercise in a way that doesn't put themselves or others at risk.

Neither of them cares about the pandemic. Sasha can parrot what she hears others saying about the importance of wearing a mask, not traveling, and looking after others, but she can’t walk the walk.

She and her roommate are selfish airheads who care more about what their IG feed and stories look like than minimizing their risk of getting COIVD and/or passing it on to others. It’s pathetic that they can’t even do the absolute bare minimum like wearing a mask when out and about. They’re in a Tier 4 area. London's COVID hospitalizations are at an all time high. But nope, need to look cute for that IG story!

I’ve seen people calling for other influencers who don’t follow COVID restrictions to be deplatformed, and honestly that’s the point I’m getting to with Sasha. Every time I go online, it seems like everyone else I follow is making sacrifices to protect themselves and others. Then you have Sasha, who is acting like the pandemic doesn’t exist. With her behaviour, if she gets COVID, guaranteed she will pass it on to others who are more vulnerable.

bookbandit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bookbandit »

Not only all this, but what COVID quarantine rules is she going to break to return to the US for her precious doggos? I suspect she won't properly quarantine when she gets to the States, and won't properly quarantine when back in the UK. Stay tuned for IG stories and don't forget to save them before she deletes them lol
Those poor doggos.

alice2069
Learner
Learner

Post by alice2069 »

bookbandit wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:41 pm
Not only all this, but what COVID quarantine rules is she going to break to return to the US for her precious doggos? I suspect she won't properly quarantine when she gets to the States, and won't properly quarantine when back in the UK. Stay tuned for IG stories and don't forget to save them before she deletes them lol
Those poor doggos.
I would be shocked if she actually quarantined since she seems to think she's above it all. Even with the new strain, she doesn't care enough to do what she's supposed to. And of course she'll be dumb enough to flaunt it on social media.

Sarahbat04
Talker
Talker

Post by Sarahbat04 »

I wish I took a screenshot, but earlier she posted a pic on her story about how “just in case anyone is confused”, she and her housemate got takeout, they didn’t go out to eat because London is in lockdown. The # at FIRST was something along the lines of Be Safe Wear A Mask, but she reposted it like 20 minutes later or so with the # changed to omnomnom and then she completely deleted it. I only got a screenshot of the second post because I realized she changed it.

faeling
Learner
Learner

Post by faeling »

alice2069 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:46 pm
bookbandit wrote:
Those poor doggos.
I would be shocked if she actually quarantined since she seems to think she's above it all. Even with the new strain, she doesn't care enough to do what she's supposed to. And of course she'll be dumb enough to flaunt it on social media.
I gotta ask, even outside of everything with the pandemic, aren't the dogs supposed to be quarantined regardless? A friend of mine had a relative move to England, like, 20 years ago (military move) and her dogs had to be quarantined for six months. I haven't heard Sasha talk about this at all and six months is a hella long time to be away from your pets.

bookbandit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bookbandit »

faeling wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:36 pm
alice2069 wrote:
bookbandit wrote:
Those poor doggos.
I gotta ask, even outside of everything with the pandemic, aren't the dogs supposed to be quarantined regardless? A friend of mine had a relative move to England, like, 20 years ago (military move) and her dogs had to be quarantined for six months. I haven't heard Sasha talk about this at all and six months is a hella long time to be away from your pets.
I can't imagine seeing Sasha care about a potential pet quarantine if/when she gets the dogs to England (there are changed requirements for pet travel due to Brexit, from what I saw on both the USDA and gov.uk websites, it seems like a big hassle but that's just me) bc she might be too busy travelling unnecessarily anyway

!EDIT: She's now protected her tweets and made her Twitter account private lol wtf!
Last edited by bookbandit on Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

faeling wrote:
alice2069 wrote:
bookbandit wrote:
Those poor doggos.
As long as Fraser and Fiona have been microchipped and vaccinated, they should be okay. The information online is a bit conflicting, likely because of Brexit, but it looks like they would have to quarantine for either three or six months in the US rather than in the UK after being vaccinated. So it seems like Sasha's dogs have properly quarantined, yet Sasha herself hasn't...

They'll also need to be checked for tapeworms a few days before they depart for the UK, and their vet will need to complete a health certificate. I wouldn't be surprised if Sasha's roommate from Boston (absolutely not to be confused with her London roommate) is the one who ends up being made responsible for arranging most of this. If she has, that sucks that Sasha's Boston roommate has continued to be her dogs' primary caregiver, but is going to be separated from them in the next few weeks, and has likely spent more time and energy helping Sasha get everything in order for her dogs to move to the UK than Sasha put into her UK visa application.

Has she said if she's going back to the US to stay for a few weeks, or is she just going to get the dogs and immediately going back to the UK? I feel like her Boston roommate has already taken on a lot of responsibilities that should be Sasha's, but wouldn't it be safer and easier for everyone if the dogs were put on a flight to the UK and Sasha picked them up at the airport? Fraser and Fiona are too large to fly in the cabin with Sasha, so they'd have to go in checked bag anyway...

(If anything I've detailed above about moving dogs from the US to the UK is incorrect, please feel free to correct me!)

bmessic4
Learner
Learner

Post by bmessic4 »

wow i am howling that she made her twitter private!! why do that? got something to hide? lol a publishing company is going to tell her to make herself public if she wants to help market her book. like shes so childish. she just wants to be in a bubble where she gets no constructive criticism. I wonder if sarah j maas did anything about the signatures. If i were her i would def press charges. especially because sarah is so big on quarantine and not seeing anyone rn and seeing sasha jet set and not do what is right would rub me the wrong way.

faeling
Learner
Learner

Post by faeling »

jysk wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:33 pm
faeling wrote:
alice2069 wrote:
bookbandit wrote:
Those poor doggos.
As long as Fraser and Fiona have been microchipped and vaccinated, they should be okay. The information online is a bit conflicting, likely because of Brexit, but it looks like they would have to quarantine for either three or six months in the US rather than in the UK after being vaccinated. So it seems like Sasha's dogs have properly quarantined, yet Sasha herself hasn't...

They'll also need to be checked for tapeworms a few days before they depart for the UK, and their vet will need to complete a health certificate. I wouldn't be surprised if Sasha's roommate from Boston (absolutely not to be confused with her London roommate) is the one who ends up being made responsible for arranging most of this. If she has, that sucks that Sasha's Boston roommate has continued to be her dogs' primary caregiver, but is going to be separated from them in the next few weeks, and has likely spent more time and energy helping Sasha get everything in order for her dogs to move to the UK than Sasha put into her UK visa application.

Has she said if she's going back to the US to stay for a few weeks, or is she just going to get the dogs and immediately going back to the UK? I feel like her Boston roommate has already taken on a lot of responsibilities that should be Sasha's, but wouldn't it be safer and easier for everyone if the dogs were put on a flight to the UK and Sasha picked them up at the airport? Fraser and Fiona are too large to fly in the cabin with Sasha, so they'd have to go in checked bag anyway...

(If anything I've detailed above about moving dogs from the US to the UK is incorrect, please feel free to correct me!)
Yeah, the information online is confusing. What my friend said her aunt did was pretty much what you said, except that the dogs were in quarantine in the UK for six months. It was essentially like boarding the dogs and her aunt could visit them during select hours. Again, this was 20 years ago.

Thinking about the dogs getting checked makes me so sick. I've read horror stories of dogs dying because of how terribly they were handled. But like you said, they're big dogs. There isn't much of a choice.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

faeling wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:10 pm
jysk wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:33 pm
faeling wrote:
alice2069 wrote:
bookbandit wrote:
Those poor doggos.

Yeah, the information online is confusing. What my friend said her aunt did was pretty much what you said, except that the dogs were in quarantine in the UK for six months. It was essentially like boarding the dogs and her aunt could visit them during select hours. Again, this was 20 years ago.

Thinking about the dogs getting checked makes me so sick. I've read horror stories of dogs dying because of how terribly they were handled. But like you said, they're big dogs. There isn't much of a choice.
I would be genuinely interested to hear her talk about the process of getting her dogs to the UK, but as I suspect her Boston roommate did most of the work that probably isn't going to happen. And I am definitely a bit anxious to see how she's going to get them to the UK. I've seen people flying with dogs (who clearly weren't service dogs) larger than Fraser and Fiona in the cabin, but I can't see an airline allowing two Australian shepherds in the cabin, even if the plane is mostly empty. Poor things. And can Sasha even leave the UK with the new restrictions in place?

And I know that Sasha doesn't think anything through before she does it, and I love dogs as much as the next person, but why would someone her age with her circumstances get not one, but two Australian shepherds? She was what, 19 when she got Fraser? Most landlords don't allow dogs in general, and if they do it's usually only smaller dogs. Most apartments don't have yards. She travels constantly. Australian shepherds are extremely smart and they're working dogs. They need a lot of exercise and a lot of mental stimulation. They're great dogs, but they're more suited for people who are older and more settled in life who can care for them properly. I can think of very few breeds that would be a worse choice for someone in their late teens and early twenties who is constantly traveling and dreams of moving across the Atlantic.

In terms of her privating her Twitter: she can delete any criticism she gets on IG and block anyone who gives it, but she has a lot less control on Twitter. People can say whatever they want about her by replying to her tweets, and while she can block them she can't remove the replies and prevent others from seeing them the way she can on IG. The SJM stans on twitter also do not seem like they're going to ever let her live down the potentially forged SJM signature, and I can't say I blame them.

She also posted this and was rightfully mocked for it. If only hot girl shit included wearing a mask and following COVID restrictions...

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

:D :D

chattybox
Learner
Learner

Post by chattybox »

bmessic4 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:31 am
wow i am howling that she made her twitter private!! why do that? got something to hide? lol a publishing company is going to tell her to make herself public if she wants to help market her book. like shes so childish. she just wants to be in a bubble where she gets no constructive criticism. I wonder if sarah j maas did anything about the signatures. If i were her i would def press charges. especially because sarah is so big on quarantine and not seeing anyone rn and seeing sasha jet set and not do what is right would rub me the wrong way.
I mean, this right here. Yeah, a book deal might just fall into her lap because of who she is, but do publishers actually believe people won't continue to bring up her controversies? She can drown it out all she wants now, but if she does release a book, all the questions/comments will be about breaking quarantine, selling ARCS for exorbitant prices, forging books etc. Rightfully deserved, but a publisher is willing to take that on? Well, I guess much worse people continue to be published, so it's not surprising, but YA twitter is kind of intense about this stuff. Her agent doesn't give a damn though, so I suppose their strategy is hoping it blows over. Though posting every single day on ig is not reflecting and waiting for it to blow over. It's flaunting rich white girl privilege.

chocolatebunny
Learner
Learner

Post by chocolatebunny »

I know she’s talked about having an agent, but is that confirmed/does anyone know who it is?
Usually when authors get an agent they can’t wait to share who it is, but I can’t remember her naming one and she’s not listed with Lindsay Cummings on her agent’s (Peter Knapp’s) website.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

She's yet again posting photos of food on a glass table/countertop that isn't in her apartment. It's the same location she was posting from over the holidays.

1,041 people died of COVID in the UK yesterday. 661 people died of COVID yesterday in England alone. Yesterday also saw the highest daily increase in positive cases. There was a 24% increase in people in England testing positive for COVID at the end of December. The UK's COVID alert moved from a 4 to a 5.

Sasha keeps mixing with people outside of her household, and she and her roommate continue to have people over to their apartment, despite lockdown rules forbidding this. They have done this repeatedly, and have continued to get away with it by virtue of being rich white girls. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Sasha gets COVID, she WILL pass it on to someone more vulnerable.

If Project Red does get published, there's no way any of this -- the ARC debacle, the potentially forged SJM signature, the constant quarantine violations -- is going to go away. If she thinks the pushback she's getting from the book community is bad, if any of this ever goes beyond the community and gets picked up by an outlet that writes about influencers behaving badly (Buzzfeed, Insider, etc), she'll be wishing she only had to deal with the book community's ire.

Bloopina_
Debater
Debater

Post by Bloopina_ »

chocolatebunny wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:35 am
I know she’s talked about having an agent, but is that confirmed/does anyone know who it is?
Usually when authors get an agent they can’t wait to share who it is, but I can’t remember her naming one and she’s not listed with Lindsay Cummings on her agent’s (Peter Knapp’s) website.
Yeah it's a pretty well known agent- joanna volpe

Shes repped veronica roth

smilesuperhero
Debater
Debater

Post by smilesuperhero »

Real sad to hear about her dad's passing.

Return to “BookTube”