Chandler Ainsley

RomieKnottage
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Chandler Ainsley

Post by RomieKnottage »

Sorry for the double post, but it looks like this person directly @ed all the people Chandler did a taste test for... I wonder if they will respond or ignore?

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

RomieKnottage wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Sorry for the double post, but it looks like this person directly @ed all the people Chandler did a taste test for... I wonder if they will respond or ignore?
It really isn't surprising because it was pretty obvious that those taste test videos were for the bigger channels to give her a shout out and increase her subscribers number. I said it before when the whole "was it her?" happened about the small booktuber complaining. I can't speak for those booktubers, I guess some of them will ignore it, and some of them will simply not mention her or include her in their videos any more. I think it'll end up with how a lot of this kind of stuff ends up, being covered by something else that comes out. I think the best people can do is not support her channel by subscribing and watching her content.

fennecreads
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by fennecreads »

RomieKnottage wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Honestly lol at them tagging regan who never speaks out on anything. I do wonder the process behind picking the who in these tast test videos because they're not necessarily a lot more popular than other content that she puts out. I know she mentioned birthday's being a factor before and Jessethereader did have a birthday recently.

potatopeeler92
Learner
Learner

Post by potatopeeler92 »

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I said this:
potatopeeler92 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:29 pm
She knows she has to be careful and build up positive rapport with other people in the community so that when lesser-known POC call her out, people will give her the benefit of the doubt because of her positive actions and demeanor.
Well now it looks like people are calling her out again and she's ignoring it... but instead she's putting in new effort to retweet and comment on a bunch of POC and smaller booktubers' videos. Which she never did last year or even a few months ago.

The "Damage Control Plan" is on full-force :roll:

RomieKnottage
Learner
Learner

Post by RomieKnottage »

Yeah she's been really going all in on promoting POC creators which is weird because I don't think she ever really did that until recently.

I think it's good to promote marginalized creators no matter what your intentions are - either way they'll get publicity right? - but with the timing of her doing it only after being criticized for mass blocking POC, it feels a little disingenuous.

whiteshoes
Learner
Learner

Post by whiteshoes »

potatopeeler92
Learner
Learner

Post by potatopeeler92 »

This is the second time in a row she has privated her twitter so that she could apologize "publicly". I don't get how you can say sorry to people who are still blocked from seeing your apology? Isn't that basically just apologizing to your fans instead of the actual people who you mistreated? Make it make sense. I don't think POC were even upset with her for stanning Captive Prince, who cares if she finds guilty pleasure in a problematic book. They were upset because of the way she treated them and mass blocking basically every person of color who disagreed with her (keyword: disagreeing, not harassing, at least none that I've seen). Nothing has changed from the way she has behaved with them. I wish she stopped freaking out so much over how her "public image" looks every time someone calls her out because it's going to be exhausting for her to change the story and maintain being victimized all the time :roll:

JamHands9
Informer
Informer

Post by JamHands9 »

Cindy retweeted this. I’m pretty sure it’s talking about Chandler.
People are clearly seeing her for what she is. It’s just a matter for time for her TBH.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RomieKnottage
Learner
Learner

Post by RomieKnottage »

Marines called Chandler out for having a bad apology.

Has Chandler actually been harassed over this like she's saying? If so then I agree that's terrible, but from what I've seen it only looked like that one person was replying to her tweets to get her to address her mass blocking POC. If they were insulting her and calling her names, that would be one thing, but to label it as harassment when POC reply to you with criticisms and are simply frustrated about not being listened to or given a true apology... well that's another thing entirely.

fennecreads
Talker
Talker

Post by fennecreads »

Other creators are calling her out too. Apparently, she even blocked someone back when she dropped having Chickfila in every video after an incident.

RomieKnottage
Learner
Learner

Post by RomieKnottage »

fennecreads wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:55 pm

Other creators are calling her out too. Apparently, she even blocked someone back when she dropped having Chickfila in every video after an incident.

Wow, both of those tweets have long threads that go in-depth. I'm particularly shocked at the 2nd tweet that details how she treated a conversion therapy victim and treated it like a joke.

There are so many stories about her that this is getting really concerning.

RomieKnottage
Learner
Learner

Post by RomieKnottage »

Sorry for the double post again but so many stories about her keep popping up, holy shit. I wasn't able to get all of them but here are just a few

roonilwazlib
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by roonilwazlib »

Myonna responded this to her "apology thread" (I didn't actually see it because I don't follow her and she went private) and....I don't know man, I get that they're friends but you can hold your friends accountable for stuff. She also tweeted later about how people are selective about the reasons they want to cancel people and have a mob mentality...not sure if she was talking about this situation but it seemed like a deflection? Like sure maybe that's true but we can focus on the matter at hand lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

t8ertot
Learner
Learner

Post by t8ertot »

Is this the start of Chandler’s reckoning or will it get brushed under the rug? She’s always given me vibes of the type of girl who bullies you behind your back in high school. None of this surprises me at all

soup---eater
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soup---eater »

10 dollars on this shit getting sweeped under the rug. This isn't the first time she's said some fucked up shit. Many content creators, esp very popular and conventionally attractive ones, get way too many free passes.

audiobooks
Learner
Learner

Post by audiobooks »

I really don't understand why she doesn't just unblock people who rightfully called her out and personally apologize to them. All they want is to be listened and have their concerns addressed. She needs to accept the criticisms. The longer she drags this out, the less likely people will accept any apology. (And it IS okay for people not to accept her apologies, she needs to be be prepared for that.)

I want to believe she is genuinely trying but it's just very frustrating when it's only half measures like apologizing while privated. She can do much better than this. Seeing how hard she works for her channel, I know she can put way more effort into apologies as well.

bangthedoldrums
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bangthedoldrums »

Can someone explain to me why Chandler gets so much shit for reading m/m? She's obviously supportive of lgbt rights (apart from the chick fil a thing, I guess, but do you really think she's not supportive?) and she reads a variety of other genres, so I truly don't get why her reading m/m is seen as a fetish while she reads all types of romance. I just don't get why a woman (not gonna say straight woman, cause she has said that she's not) reading m/m is inherently a fetish. For example, gabbyreads also reads a ton of m/m, but I never really hear people talking about her. She's a bit smaller than Chandler, but still.

sophisays
Debater
Debater

Post by sophisays »

I get all my news about booktube from GG I swear, :P .
One thing I have noticed is that IslandRayne person is really really really invested in knocking Chandler down a few pegs. Will they succeed this time? Will Chan Chan go the way of RM? Or will she somehow manage to withstand the anti stans?! Stay tuned to This Week On Booktube.

laurasommeils
Informer
Informer

Post by laurasommeils »

t8ertot wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:21 pm
Is this the start of Chandler’s reckoning or will it get brushed under the rug? She’s always given me vibes of the type of girl who bullies you behind your back in high school. None of this surprises me at all
It'll get sweeped under the rug. The only thing that I believe might change is some booktubers not supporting her as openly and not doing shut outs for her so they won't get their images mixed with hers.

RomieKnottage
Learner
Learner

Post by RomieKnottage »

bangthedoldrums wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:40 am
Can someone explain to me why Chandler gets so much shit for reading m/m? She's obviously supportive of lgbt rights (apart from the chick fil a thing, I guess, but do you really think she's not supportive?) and she reads a variety of other genres, so I truly don't get why her reading m/m is seen as a fetish while she reads all types of romance. I just don't get why a woman (not gonna say straight woman, cause she has said that she's not) reading m/m is inherently a fetish. For example, gabbyreads also reads a ton of m/m, but I never really hear people talking about her. She's a bit smaller than Chandler, but still.
Hmm I think it's about much more than just her reading M/M. It sounds like it's the way she talks about them but has treated actual queer men IRL:

What I noticed from this tweet is that these complaints are ALL from queer men and they elaborate much more on why they're upset in their threads. I think it's important to recognize when several people in a marginalized group are upset over something and are sharing the same stories. It would be one thing for just one person to have a problem with her, but so many POC as well as queer men have issues with her. That's a huge red flag when it's a pattern.

Return to “BookTube”