Sasha Alsberg Part 2

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Sasha Alsberg Part 2

Post by oh_do_tell »

PlanetJanet wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:59 pm
I noticed something interesting on Sasha’s Instagram story some time last week (not sure exactly when). She said she had an appointment to get her biometrics done for her visa. The way she has been expressing things about this visa is as though she’s already gotten it approved. But she definitely hasn’t. Because according to this UK government website, you get your biometrics done and then you wait to be approved: https://www.gov.uk/apply-to-come-to-the ... ppointment
So she’s furnishing this apartment and making all these plans on a 50/50 chance. That is ridiculously irresponsible. Not surprising, considering what we all know about Sasha. What she’s doing, the way she is behaving, is the definition of counting your chickens before they have hatched. She literally has a 50% chance of this all blowing up in her face. I genuinely cannot imagine living like that. I studied abroad in the UK. I didn’t book the flight until I was approved to go. Because that’s what you do. What normal people do. You wait for confirmation and then you act. Switching those steps is so foolish.
I'm 100% sure she will get the visa ...

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

PlanetJanet wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:59 pm
I noticed something interesting on Sasha’s Instagram story some time last week (not sure exactly when). She said she had an appointment to get her biometrics done for her visa. The way she has been expressing things about this visa is as though she’s already gotten it approved. But she definitely hasn’t. Because according to this UK government website, you get your biometrics done and then you wait to be approved: https://www.gov.uk/apply-to-come-to-the ... ppointment
So she’s furnishing this apartment and making all these plans on a 50/50 chance. That is ridiculously irresponsible. Not surprising, considering what we all know about Sasha. What she’s doing, the way she is behaving, is the definition of counting your chickens before they have hatched. She literally has a 50% chance of this all blowing up in her face. I genuinely cannot imagine living like that. I studied abroad in the UK. I didn’t book the flight until I was approved to go. Because that’s what you do. What normal people do. You wait for confirmation and then you act. Switching those steps is so foolish.
Thanks for pointing this out! I was shocked when she posted about getting her biometrics done and assumed her visa was much further along than it actually is.

Can someone who's been through the UK immigration system on a tier-2 or a tier-5 visa explain if she actually needs to be in the UK for any part of her application? From what I can gather, it doesn't seem like she needs to be, seeing as she's giving her biometrics at a VAC in the States, but I've never been through the UK immigration system, and the immigration system I have been through (Canada) instructed applicants to complete their visa and residency applications from the current country they were living in. Is there any real justifiable reason for her to be flying back and forth during a pandemic? She's framing her trips as essential and immigration-related when it is pretty clear that they're not.

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

I am currently in the UK on a Tier 5 visa (not the same as the one she’s applying for but still a similar process) and you are actually not allowed to be in the UK to submit your application. At the moment there are different rules because of coronavirus but they only apply if you’re already in the UK and switching to a different visa. There is absolutely zero reason for Sasha to be here now and to be rushing the process and flying back and forth. She just wants to decorate her flat and visit her sugar daddy. That is not essential travel. She is not trying to get in on a European passport before the deadline so she should be staying put in the US where she already has a home and an income, and not floating around as if there is not a pandemic. London will still be there next year. She is impatient and entitled and expects to get what she wants right now, regardless of the consequences, all while preaching to other people about how they should act. Do as she says, not as she does.

Gossip_chatter
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gossip_chatter »

Ugh. I hate it when Sasha posts with a book, and is like "duhh, of course I love books!" when she even mentioned months ago that most books she takes pictures with are just a "prop" for her bookish madness. Like if you don't want to do it anymore no use pretending you still are because most people know she isn't a booktuber any more.

egomaniacpancakes
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by egomaniacpancakes »

Sasha isn't in the UK. She's in Boston. I was scrolling thru Instagram and noticed that JD Netto posted a picture with Sasha in Copley Square. They are in front of the old church there and acting like they are in Scotland and talking bout Outlander. The funny part Copley Square sits in the middle of the Back Bay of Boston. You can actually see the Hancock tower in the background. But sure dress up and take pictures. Then they are in Barnes and Noble in the Prudential Mall. Pre-covid I worked down the street and spent many a lunch in that Mall and Barnes and Noble. It's the only one in the whole area.

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

egomaniacpancakes wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:32 pm
Sasha isn't in the UK. She's in Boston. I was scrolling thru Instagram and noticed that JD Netto posted a picture with Sasha in Copley Square. They are in front of the old church there and acting like they are in Scotland and talking bout Outlander. The funny part Copley Square sits in the middle of the Back Bay of Boston. You can actually see the Hancock tower in the background. But sure dress up and take pictures. Then they are in Barnes and Noble in the Prudential Mall. Pre-covid I worked down the street and spent many a lunch in that Mall and Barnes and Noble. It's the only one in the whole area.
Yeah, she just returned to Boston a couple of days ago, but is planning to go back to London in November. She’s already out and about in Boston as she has a negative Covid-19 test, which is apparently sufficient for Massachusetts. Interesting, as I know many countries have a mandatory 14 day quarantine regardless of whether you have a negative result as the virus has a long incubation period.

Side note, cannot believe she has been sent a massive PR gift from drunk elephant despite her skincare/beauty content being even more half-assed than her book content.

egomaniacpancakes
Learner
Learner

anastasia1989 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:01 pm

Yeah, she just returned to Boston a couple of days ago, but is planning to go back to London in November. She’s already out and about in Boston as she has a negative Covid-19 test, which is apparently sufficient for Massachusetts. Interesting, as I know many countries have a mandatory 14 day quarantine regardless of whether you have a negative result as the virus has a long incubation period.

Side note, cannot believe she has been sent a massive PR gift from drunk elephant despite her skincare/beauty content being even more half-assed than her book content.

Yes, Massachusetts only requires 14 day quarantine or a Negative Covid test taken within 72 hours of arriving here. Covid is spiking all around here though so she may get stuck in Mass for a while before she can go back.

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

Interesting to se what she’ll do now that the UK are returning to another lockdown, as she said she was going to be coming back in mid-November. I realise she didn’t care about following the quarantine requirements before, but now there doesn’t see much point in coming over if she can’t do any shopping, dining or travelling, which is all she seems to do. She would literally be coming over to sit in her empty flat ordering Uber eats and waitrose deliveries for a few weeks, then flying back.

driftwood93
Learner
Learner

Post by driftwood93 »

anastasia1989 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:48 pm
Interesting to se what she’ll do now that the UK are returning to another lockdown, as she said she was going to be coming back in mid-November. I realise she didn’t care about following the quarantine requirements before, but now there doesn’t see much point in coming over if she can’t do any shopping, dining or travelling, which is all she seems to do. She would literally be coming over to sit in her empty flat ordering Uber eats and waitrose deliveries for a few weeks, then flying back.
As this is now a policy, I'm questioning whether she'll even be allowed here. (Btw, Peston is the political editor for ITV news, our biggest UK news channel after the BBC, it's a very verifiable news source) British people are no longer allowed to travel internationally except for work. So I would assume it goes the other way too, that you could only come here for work purposes? Honestly, she has no reason to be here. And as a Brit I'm infuriated. I support another lockdown, but I'm so mad that our government has not enforced quarantine and thus people like her have just been coming here and not been quarantining properly and we are in another crisis. There's loads of other reasons why we're here but I'm just incredibly angry tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bloopina_
Debater
Debater

Post by Bloopina_ »

driftwood93 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:32 pm
anastasia1989 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:48 pm
As this is now a policy, I'm questioning whether she'll even be allowed here. (Btw, Peston is the political editor for ITV news, our biggest UK news channel after the BBC, it's a very verifiable news source) British people are no longer allowed to travel internationally except for work. So I would assume it goes the other way too, that you could only come here for work purposes? Honestly, she has no reason to be here. And as a Brit I'm infuriated. I support another lockdown, but I'm so mad that our government has not enforced quarantine and thus people like her have just been coming here and not been quarantining properly and we are in another crisis. There's loads of other reasons why we're here but I'm just incredibly angry tonight.
I'm really curious how itll affect her plans seeing as how all non-essential travel is now banned and she doesnt even have her visa yet

Brunettegirl95
Learner
Learner

Post by Brunettegirl95 »

She doesn’t seem concerned at all..

driftwood93
Learner
Learner

Post by driftwood93 »

She says an important package is meant to arrive today though that's defining her whole future so... I wonder if it's about the visa... look, on a personal for her level, if she gets rejected good god that's complicated because of all the money she's thrown into the flat (although that's her own stupidity for doing that without visa confirmation). But on an objective level... it would be really REALLY funny if she got rejected let's be real

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

She will get the visa... and she will travel and walk around without isolation ... because some people's life just functions that way, far from the normal people and it's not fair but that's life ...

chattybox
Learner
Learner

Post by chattybox »

Yup. She got the visa...sorry London

Sarahbat04
Talker
Talker

Post by Sarahbat04 »

Can we also please talk about how her sister was just at a wedding three days ago and today she says on her stories that she has covid? How many people did she infect? People need to start taking this thing seriously again, all the numbers are spiking and it's going to get so much worse this month and December. Apparently not caring runs in the family?

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

Unbelivable... and inmigrants who work harder and harder, respect the laws, curfews and lockdown still sturggle with visa's. I can't stand her

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

It's ridiculous how quickly she received that visa and how fast this came together for her. There are people who began visa and residency applications before the pandemic started who have had their applications and lives put on hold for months and months while they wait to hear back. She started hers in what, July?

Brunettegirl95
Learner
Learner

Post by Brunettegirl95 »

Everything always happens for her and she always gets what she wants in the end.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Her "friend's" money made it happen, guaranteed.

egomaniacpancakes
Learner
Learner

She knew that visa was in the bag for sure. Otherwise she would have gotten the flat and all that lined up. I agree that someone bought and paid for that visa.

Return to “BookTube”