Sasha Alsberg Part 2

Sasha Alsberg Part 2

Post by Guest »

Continue here!

If you're wondering why Sasha has her own thread, here are a few reasons

1. Zenith. Enough said.
2. The lack of effort put into her booktube videos - she clearly doesn't want to make bookish content anymore, but doesn't want to give up being one of the most popular booktubers (I disagree that she is the absolute most popular, that would go to PolandBananasBooks & it's weird she doesn't have a thread of her own)
3. She's basically killing her dogs as they seem to be more of her toys rather than her pets that need a lot of care in order to survive and thrive
4. Making a video about her struggles with being poor and then being able to buy a shit ton of expensive things
5. Taran (her "friend" that everyone knows she's dating to promote his and her book(s)) allegedly being her sugar daddy
6. Her strange obsession / fetishization of Scotland

Re: Sasha Alsberg Part 2

Post by Guest »

^^ and apparently she did blackface? It was on the first thread but the image is deleted so idk for sure

MsAnthropy
Learner
Learner

Post by MsAnthropy »

irritatedonyoutube wrote: Continue here!

1. Zenith. Enough said.
2. The lack of effort put into her booktube videos - she clearly doesn't want to make bookish content anymore, but doesn't want to give up being one of the most popular booktubers (I disagree that she is the absolute most popular, that would go to PolandBananasBooks & it's weird she doesn't have a thread of her own)
3. She's basically killing her dogs as they seem to be more of her toys rather than her pets that need a lot of care in order to survive and thrive
4. Making a video about her struggles with being poor and then being able to buy a shit ton of expensive things
5. Taran (her "friend" that everyone knows she's dating to promote his and her book(s)) allegedly being her sugar daddy
On the real though, why don't we have a page for PolandBananas/Christine? Lord knows she rubs enough of us the wrong way.

BlueGiraffe
Talker
Talker

Post by BlueGiraffe »

Also her weird self-insert outlander fanfic called "Project Red"

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

Her general lack of talent, and specific lack of writing skill.

And her obviously unhealthy body image / extreme photoshopping.

HomuraSama16
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by HomuraSama16 »

MsAnthropy wrote:

1. Zenith. Enough said.
On the real though, why don't we have a page for PolandBananas/Christine? Lord knows she rubs enough of us the wrong way.
Yeah I know right! I really want a thread about Christine. I haven't been on here long can anyone just start a thread cause I'd totally make one about her.

Post by Guest »

HomuraSamadelete6 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:03 am
MsAnthropy wrote:

1. Zenith. Enough said.
Yeah I know right! I really want a thread about Christine. I haven't been on here long can anyone just start a thread cause I'd totally make one about her.
viewtopic.php?f=531&t=36860 made a thread for Christine

Post by Guest »

She bought big girl luggage??? What is that? I thought what she was already traveling with was fine and looked grownup(if that’s what she was wanting) 😂

Post by Guest »

Surprise she’s going back to London today 🙃

musiclover12
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by musiclover12 »

She's trying really hard to get that Virgin Atlantic sponsorship, she should just be a travel blogger already and drop this fake booktube business.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

introvertedowl
Talker
Talker

Post by introvertedowl »

musiclover12 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:56 am
She's trying really hard to get that Virgin Atlantic sponsorship, she should just be a travel blogger already and drop this fake booktube business.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Yes! Agree 100%. I think that if she genuinely put effort into travel writing she could thrive. Clearly the traveling aspect of her life is important to her and she could make a living off of travel blogging. It wouldn't even be that hard to just change her "brand" image seeing as most of what she posts pertains to traveling already.

HannyFanny94
Lurker
Lurker

Post by HannyFanny94 »

I've seen on Goodreads that she has read J.D. Netto's new book and of course she rated it 5 stars. I mean she should just rebrand already, most of the books that she's been reading are the ones her friends wrote and I can't stand when she's constantly promoting them (e.g. Taran's books), they are probably using her because she's got huge following on her social media accounts

Post by Guest »

Waiting to see if Taran is there 😂 I’m sure he is.

Now how long do y’all think it will be before she goes back to Europe after this trip?

driftwood93
Learner
Learner

Post by driftwood93 »

The thing is, all this promo for Taran's books isn't actually helpful towards him LOL. I work in a bookshop, and we received a bunch of his books this week which I was sorting out to put out - so I quickly scanned the blurb, and flipped through the first chapter of book one. And y'know what; it actually does sound good. It's pretty well written, and seems an interesting idea and engaging world.

But I'm so so sick of Sasha promoting his books constantly (when I seriously doubt that she's actually read them all, to be honest, it's all surface level promo) that I refuse to go near them. That might just be me being pernickety though idk

Post by Guest »

Taran is with her on this little vacation. He also posted a pic about it on his Instagram.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

channie009
Lurker
Lurker

Post by channie009 »

driftwood93 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:53 pm
The thing is, all this promo for Taran's books isn't actually helpful towards him LOL. I work in a bookshop, and we received a bunch of his books this week which I was sorting out to put out - so I quickly scanned the blurb, and flipped through the first chapter of book one. And y'know what; it actually does sound good. It's pretty well written, and seems an interesting idea and engaging world.

But I'm so so sick of Sasha promoting his books constantly (when I seriously doubt that she's actually read them all, to be honest, it's all surface level promo) that I refuse to go near them. That might just be me being pernickety though idk
I've read the Novice and it's actually pretty good. It's kind of like Harry Potter but with demons

beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beautyblenderhohoho »

i forgot how much she over pronoucnes words and god this horrible negative review video (which why didn't she read reviews for her book, we know you're too scared sasha) but the way she kept saying written

cringeobserver123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cringeobserver123 »

Bookieslove23 wrote: Taran is with her on this little vacation. He also posted a pic about it on his Instagram.
Somewhat shocked the sugar baby/daddy relationship has lasted so long, just goes to show how badly she needs it.

Post by Guest »

beautyblenderhohoho wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:42 pm
i forgot how much she over pronoucnes words and god this horrible negative review video (which why didn't she read reviews for her book, we know you're too scared sasha) but the way she kept saying written
The way she says written it’s on my nerves. I don’t know why it bugs me so much but it does 🙈

gyabou
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gyabou »

I don't know if any of you read Heather Demetrios' (author of "Bad Romance") medium article about how she screwed up managing her advances, and the reaction from author twitter about it, but it made me think of Sasha. The article is here: https://forge.medium.com/how-to-lose-a- ... c343675aca If you want the tl;dr version: author was very, very fortunate to earn a HUGE advance for her debut trilogy ($250k total), but it didn't sell as well as expected. The advance for her next two book deal was half of that, and then the rest of her book deals were much lower (but still pretty high based on what I know about common advances -- like $20k is pretty good!). And she didn't manage her money well and wound up broke.

I don't know what Sasha and Lindsay's advance for their duology was -- but of course they'd have to split it -- or whether they earned out. I'm sure Zenith sold pretty well but I doubt the sequel did quite as good. A lot of Demetrios' spending habits remind me of Sasha's current lifestyle -- traveling, expensive living situation, giving money to relatives and friends, etc -- so I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up in the same boat if Project Red doesn't get a big advance (she doesn't have a publishing deal for it, yet, right?)

Return to “BookTube”