Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Trippinwithtarte

Post by cheezecake »

etta wrote:ImageImageImage
Yikes
Not sure what you are yiking :) i am happy to see these "negative" comments that are actually quite spot on. What really amazes me is this stupid ass bitches who say "i spent 300 and i am happy to see them giving my weekly salary to the girls, whos job is to do nothing and chill while in hawai". How oblivious are you?

andysparkles
Talker
Talker

Post by andysparkles »

No other makeup company is going to such great lengths to pander to the Instagram demographic*. From multiple trip for social media gurus to the cringeworthy names of their Lip Paints (Yassss, Cray-Cray, Bae) why are they so violently trying to shed their boring all natural ethos? And doing so by essentially paying off influencers rather than letting their products stand on their own.

*Colourpop established their brand through social media and sending their products to Instagrammers and YouTubers, but Tarte was already in Sephora and appealed to people who shop at Whole Foods and stuck to basic neutrals...

macgirl818
Talker
Talker

Post by macgirl818 »

does iluvsarahiis voice make anyone else laugh

Novalux
Talker
Talker

Post by Novalux »

I don't understand how Rachel aka rclbeauty keeps getting invited on these trips!! Her YouTube and Instagram have NOTHING to do with beauty at all. Believe me i checked! I was hoping to get some beauty advice but she ended up being a teeny boppin clown

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Novalux
Talker
Talker

Post by Novalux »

Yikes
What picture was this posted to? I agree with the girl being mad tarte does this shit. Why not lower the cost of their makeup and waste less money on free outrageous trips to Hawaii for 20+ people?? It's ridiculous

Novalux
Talker
Talker

Post by Novalux »

Another thing... I wonder where Katy was yesterday when everyone was learning to hoola dance? Did anyone else notice she WASN'T there and she stopped snapping after the sky dive and didn't snap again until the dinner? I'm curious why she fell off for that time frame

PS ... How on earth did Guru's like nikkitutorials and jaclynhill nicolegurerro not get invited or go?? Their def more famous than Nicole concillio
Does christen Dominique have a thread?

HolyPoly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HolyPoly »

Novalux wrote:
Yikes
What picture was this posted to? I agree with the girl being mad tarte does this shit. Why not lower the cost of their makeup and waste less money on free outrageous trips to Hawaii for 20+ people?? It's ridiculous

It's this one

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

andysparkles wrote:No other makeup company is going to such great lengths to pander to the Instagram demographic*. From multiple trip for social media gurus to the cringeworthy names of their Lip Paints (Yassss, Cray-Cray, Bae) why are they so violently trying to shed their boring all natural ethos? And doing so by essentially paying off influencers rather than letting their products stand on their own.

*Colourpop established their brand through social media and sending their products to Instagrammers and YouTubers, but Tarte was already in Sephora and appealed to people who shop at Whole Foods and stuck to basic neutrals...
For Benefit these trips and collabs come way more organic because of the brand itself, i mean, it is funny overall as it is. I must mention however the whole PR sh!t around their color mascara/eyeliners. They should rather invest in product development, because, while color eyeliners are better than their black one, they are still not good and nothing to do PR stunts about. I bought two and i rarely reach out for them because of crappy formula.

But Tarte? In my eyes they have completely lost their identity. Why does a brand that stands for "high performance naturals" try so hard to be fun? There is nothing fun in their packaging, rather they try to make it classy and earthy, nothing fun in products that emphasize natural ingredients like "amazonian clay whatever". And it is OK. I can't take a "natural" brand that rubs shoulders with youtubers seriously. Hire some good marketing guys, Tarte

HereForTheComments
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HereForTheComments »

Novalux wrote:Another thing... I wonder where Katy was yesterday when everyone was learning to hoola dance? Did anyone else notice she WASN'T there and she stopped snapping after the sky dive and didn't snap again until the dinner? I'm curious why she fell off for that time frame

PS ... How on earth did Guru's like nikkitutorials and jaclynhill nicolegurerro not get invited or go?? Their def more famous than Nicole concillio
Does christen Dominique have a thread?

I think Nicoles and Jaclyn doesn't get invites because 1) they don't show products quick enough because they are actually both lazy 2) I noticed that this crop of people, at least ones I recognize are instagram and snapchat powerhouses. Nicole pretty much does stuff when she wants and her snaps are boring/seldom, and Jaclyn only does stuff when you pay her enough + her "fear" of flying keeps her from saying yee. Nikkie is getting up there with the shill power and she mentioned on snap that "she could be in Hawaii right now."

I didn't see a thread for Christen Dominique, but she should since she has a longer snapstory than my entire snapchat combined.

Nopelol
Talker
Talker

Post by Nopelol »

Man, after everyone mentioning their stray from the natural approach and using that has their little shtick, it's pretty sad to see what it's turned into. Is Maureen still involved? I can't imagine her organizing these trips. Just seems like a sad and desperate way to look cool. Boo

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

It's so frustating and i don't get how this works out for Tarte

These trips could be so interesting, Tarte could make various youtubers do tutorials together, try out new products, that would make for suprising collabs and that's something I would love to see
They offer such a prestigious trip and so much products, why don't they ask the girls to promote them more ? The only one actually using the products is Shayla, all the other girls will show them for a few seconds and then we'll never see those products ever again
I'm so curious to see how this promotion can even work :roll: :roll: :roll:

mermaiddreamin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mermaiddreamin »

agreed ^^ they could've done so much more with the trip than just 'here, have a free vacation + more free products + free activities + etc." as if they don't make enough money and get enough free shit. i've lost so much respect for tarte, they were one of the brands i was most interested in when i started getting into makeup but not so much anymore.

am i the only one that is super annoyed with nicol concilio? she is the QUEEN OF SPONSORSHIPS. i don't remember how i got into her channel but it was when she first started and even though the way she talks kinda annoyed me, i thought she was consistent and had decent contect. now every post on her ig is like "hey try this tea or mask here's a coupon code" :roll: stfu. free loader x100. after the Turks trip she played that tarte contour palette out THAT NO ONE ELSE USES!

God
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by God »

Lost all respect for Tarte. They ain't getting any of my money anymore. :FU:
Free products/gifts, free activities and sending bitches to free trips? Bye!

Post by Guest »

damn, i wish ytsnapscentral was still around so i can see these snaps : (

CasualObserver

Post by CasualObserver »

God wrote:Lost all respect for Tarte. They ain't getting any of my money anymore. :FU:
Ugh, did you Tarte's oh so subtle stab at nobility with their #kissandmakeup cyber bullying awareness instagram campaign. It is conveniently in the middle of this #trippinwithtarte to keep people for pointing out the damage these trips are doing to tarte's brand.

pink-panther
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pink-panther »

CasualObserver wrote:
God wrote:Lost all respect for Tarte. They ain't getting any of my money anymore. :FU:
Ugh, did you Tarte's oh so subtle stab at nobility with their #kissandmakeup cyber bullying awareness instagram campaign. It is conveniently in the middle of this #trippinwithtarte to keep people for pointing out the damage these trips are doing to tarte's brand.
Customers complaining about a company's principles is not cyberbullying, they better not try to use that to brush off those comments.
Sorry about any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

mnwolf
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mnwolf »

I wonder how much that hawaii trip cost, the hotels there staying at are gorgeous and there always doing something! :o

Athena32
Learner
Learner

Post by Athena32 »

The sad truth is that even when these gurus mention tarte it doesn't make me want to buy them. Yes tarte packaging is pretty but I don't want to buy from someone who obviously doesn't care a whole lot about their customers. Heck even samples of the new products will be nice with every tarte purchase.

lem30
Learner
Learner

Post by lem30 »

Novalux wrote:I don't understand how Rachel aka rclbeauty keeps getting invited on these trips!! Her YouTube and Instagram have NOTHING to do with beauty at all. Believe me i checked! I was hoping to get some beauty advice but she ended up being a teeny boppin clown

I think it's because she has an insane about of subscribers. Like more than a lot of those gurus combined.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

annoyed
Talker
Talker

Post by annoyed »

Really!? Another damn trip is in the future. Ugh

Return to “Tarte”