Emma Victim Blackery: The girl who cried WOLVES - Part 7

epicspacedorito
Informer
Informer

Re: Emma Victim Blackery: The girl who cried WOLVES - Part 7

Post by epicspacedorito »

Sorry to double post, but I just logged on to see what she's posted today and she mentioned a close friend of hers just cut her off out of the blue for no reason. Any idea who it could've been??

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Changed from Davey to give the EBforum users a break from Daveys ugly mug xx

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ghostie_ »

epicspacedorito wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:37 am
Sorry to double post, but I just logged on to see what she's posted today and she mentioned a close friend of hers just cut her off out of the blue for no reason. Any idea who it could've been??

Carrie fletcher? Emma used to ass kiss her so much and she always seemed to think of them as closer than they were.

Maybe Jaack or one of the commentary lot although I don’t think she’s close to them more just friendly.
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

Divoka
Learner
Learner

Post by Divoka »

I'm honestly shocked that she's posting videos behind a paywall. She should be trying to reach new audiences with her YouTube videos instead of focusing on the few remaining fans she has. She must have given up on YouTube or she maybe she is be strapped for cash. Maybe a bit of both.

annoyinglurker
Learner
Learner

Post by annoyinglurker »

epicspacedorito wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:37 am

i'm mostly shocked she still has friends at all

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by fighead »

Emma needs to realise that Youtube just hasn't worked for her for a long time now. She only comes crawling back when she needs to promote her music, and it's not fair for her to treat her fans as her fall back option every time. People who watch her videos on Youtube aren't necessarily going to be willing to pay for it. She relies too much on the fact that she used to be big on Youtube and assumes she can transfer it easily to music, but she needs to go all in on her music if that's what she's actually about, work with other writers, have vocal lessons, do what musicians without years of comedy videos do. I always thought she would work better writing songs for someone else, and while it must not be nice to realise that you're not someone with the "package" to sell and make it big, it's a respectable role in the industry she wants to be in.

epicspacedorito
Informer
Informer

I've done some digging since her patreon post yesterday and it seems her and Cherry Wallis no longer follow each other on twitter is instagram. Could it be her?? Idk how long they haven't been friends for tho

YouTubeZeleb
Debater
Debater

Post by YouTubeZeleb »

fighead wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:40 am
Emma needs to realise that Youtube just hasn't worked for her for a long time now. She only comes crawling back when she needs to promote her music, and it's not fair for her to treat her fans as her fall back option every time. People who watch her videos on Youtube aren't necessarily going to be willing to pay for it. She relies too much on the fact that she used to be big on Youtube and assumes she can transfer it easily to music, but she needs to go all in on her music if that's what she's actually about, work with other writers, have vocal lessons, do what musicians without years of comedy videos do. I always thought she would work better writing songs for someone else, and while it must not be nice to realise that you're not someone with the "package" to sell and make it big, it's a respectable role in the industry she wants to be in.
I wish I could like this post multiple times over.

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

fighead wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:40 am
Well said...however she won’t do it as she wants to be front and centre.

epicspacedorito
Informer
Informer

Oh good, GG is back online. Emma uploaded the sucks to be you Demo the other day to patreon and says it sounds "so so different" but honestly?? It doesn't. Some lyrics are slightly different. But overall it sounds like a less polished version of the song

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

Saw the 1975 got a number 1 album...despite them being on the list of people Emma said she was above in preorders...can’t wait for when the Killers drop their new album, it’ll go at least gold if not platinum meanwhile Emma is trying to make bank by shelling demo/acoustic versions of her already released songs.

epicspacedorito
Informer
Informer

Emma posted a video about her CFS. If anyone want a transcript of what she said, let me know, I'll whip one up and share it

soup---eater
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soup---eater »

epicspacedorito wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:42 am
Emma posted a video about her CFS. If anyone want a transcript of what she said, let me know, I'll whip one up and share it
ooh yes pls, need some distraction from everything going on in the world rn

LoopyJuice
Learner
Learner

Post by LoopyJuice »

Very telling how Emma isn’t encouraging her followers to donate to the BLM petitions etc but is still wanting money towards her patreon. She’s retweeted about four things about what’s happening and posted nothing to instagram. The rest is all about her. As usual.

Will be interesting if she suddenly posts loads about it and actually encourages her followers to donate their money wisely. If that happens, so much for not viewing GG anymore, Emma!

soup---eater
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soup---eater »

LoopyJuice wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:27 am
Very telling how Emma isn’t encouraging her followers to donate to the BLM petitions etc but is still wanting money towards her patreon. She’s retweeted about four things about what’s happening and posted nothing to instagram. The rest is all about her. As usual.

Will be interesting if she suddenly posts loads about it and actually encourages her followers to donate their money wisely. If that happens, so much for not viewing GG anymore, Emma!
I knew from the day she starting being complacent towards Davey's dreads that she really didn't care. I'm surprised she posted or retweeted anything at all about it.

Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ghostie_ »

She won’t post on Instagram because it doesn’t fit her pathetic ~~theme~~ of self indulgence...Maybe she might post a photo of the protests on tumblr because she’ll think it makes her deep and woke but really she doesn’t care...

From her past exploiting the LGBT community and her boyfriends dreads, it’s obvious that she’s doesn’t give a fuck about any minorities. She just uses them for clicks.

If she cared she’d maybe put a link to the petition instead of a link to her patreon. I mean why donate to help out something that actually matters when you can donate to Emma so she can buy more unflattering black leather or fast fashion.

epicspacedorito
Informer
Informer

I've managed to transcribe about 3 mins of her 13 min video about her CFS, her voice can get quite insufferable at times so I've not managed to do more. Will share the Google doc when it's done

epicspacedorito
Informer
Informer

double post sorry!! but CBA to transcribe more of the video. DM me and I'll send you a link to it

raine93
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by raine93 »

Hi!
First time poster, long time lurker :)

As someone who works in the music industry, unfortunately it seems to me that Emma is the typical person (I meet a lot of these) who thinks that throwing money at it will immediately make her successful. The truth is, even with a following, even with money, the content you produce HAS to be refreshing, different or at least up to standard with the current music we hear today. She doesn't do that. It's nothing different than what we've heard before. Her voice isn't outstanding, her song writing isn't outstanding. For me, I can see she has talent with song writing, it may not be to everyones tastes but it's pretty good and passable. (Dirt is a BOP, classic pop song that get's stuck in your head, however the lyrics are awful which is SUCH a shame!!!) It takes years and years to perfect song writing though and you will always be evolving within that. I also find the constant change of style crazy. Not her wardrobe (dress however you want, not here for telling women how to dress) but the sound of her music. It makes absolutely no sense to me how quickly this happened. Also, I understand not liking the music you used to make but you cannot expect the same people to follow you when they signed up for something else. In this industry she needs to build up an audience (which she lost when she changed her sound) and people need to be able to connect to her... how do people connect to her if they don't even know who she is anymore?? I'm not saying to put EVERYTHING out there but people follow a brand. At the moment, she is still building her brand and she will need to be patient with that and stop getting frustrated. She needs to strengthen her voice too. I like the suggestions about her going back to vocal lessons. I would also highly recommend her (if she does read this hello) to take a course on music management or just the music industry in general... I recently got my Masters in Arts and I cannot tell you how much I learnt from that. You can always learn. And you should always be learning.
Educating yourself in the field you wish to be in is THE most important thing to do. Educating leads to caring and it seems a little, to me, like she's lost caring about her fanbase which is the main priority (alongside the actual music)
Also, getting in the charts is not everything. Make music that moves people whether that's 5 people or 500,000. Make music you're proud of. And if she genuinely is, then she needs to stop banging on about the charts etc etc. She'll get the recognition when people believe she's in it for the right reasons.

And just to add, non music industry related.. It doesn't surprise me if she's hardly spoken out about the BLM movement if she has a boyfriend that doesn't mind using their culture for a style!

---
Just a disclaimer, this is all my opinion of the things I have learnt from the industry and the things she has put online publicly. I don't know the full story, nor do I know her but it's just some advice. I do wish her well.
Last edited by raine93 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

gleefulsunflower
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gleefulsunflower »

I'm usually a lurker but thought i'd give you some Twitter drama:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EaAHNHpWkAA ... name=large

soup---eater
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by soup---eater »

Even though im sure Emma had a hand in how that friendship broke up, she always does, in this case i think Emma's in the right. Anyone who openly supports JKR by this point deserves to be called out imo.
Also I didn't know anything about Cherry before this but her ENTIRE channel and branding is based off of HP? Even if she "disapproves" of JKR there's no way she's gonna completely change her content. People are calling her out on that in her basic ass statement and I hope she takes the time to find a personality outside of a children's book series.

Return to “Emma Blackery”