Markiplier - Part 7

absurdphoenix11
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 7

Post by absurdphoenix11 »

I really feel like he stopped posting so many things with KWP guys because of the complaints here lol
As far as I've seen, the fans were loving everything he was posting so there wasn't that much of a feedback outside of this forum.(I may be wrong)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

kannongoober37
Learner
Learner

Post by kannongoober37 »

[quote="M0nkeeButt2590']I think we're all a little guilty of caring too much about the guy. I doubt any of us would talk about him or criticize him so much on here if we didn't. ;)

And I doubt your message shook him up or anything. He's mentioned before that hate or criticism or whatever doesn't bother him as much as the idol worshiping his fans are famous for. I think it would take more than one call-out to drag him down.

But you may be right on the self esteem thing. I've been hearing some more self-deprecation in his commentary as of late. Either that or the over-the-top narcissistic bravado he likes to do. It probably is something he struggles with like everyone on the planet. We all want to feel wanted or needed by someone, even if we don't want to admit it all the time.[/quote]

Good point. I hope he didn't take what I said badly, as I certainly didn't mean it that way. I don't think he did either.
That's very true. Obviously we all like being accepted and loved for who we are. That's completely normal :D Like I've said 8 million times, I hope he will be happier soon.

@aquarianhorse:
That's true. It is fairly easy to care a great deal about Mark since he's been so easy to connect to. :)
Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will.

mochikins
Learner
Learner

Post by mochikins »

Man, I haven't been on here in forever. How's everybody doing? And anything wacky that I missed? :P

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Keep in mind, though, that GG is meant to be a way for people to express the sentiments other forums are too afraid of pointing out. People give their frank, honest opinions here, even if it's less than positive. Nearly everything you read here are things others, even the Tumblrites are thinking, but they won't say there because they know they'd get torn into shreds by his harpies. That's why they come here, to see the issues they've seen themselves get discussed normally instead of getting attacked by rabid, hormonal tweens. Like I said, compared to most other Youtuber forums here, we're downright polite (most of the time ;)).

That said, I wouldn't recommend going down the path of assuming he's reading the forums. That can lead to self-censoring, which defeats the entire purpose of the board. And there's honestly nothing that's been discussed here that Tumblr couldn't have picked up on and, in typical Tumblr fashion, beat the dead horse endlessly until he noticed it there. He does notice more than he lets on, but he barely has time for his own friends let alone a board that has maybe 7-8 people posting regularly on it. He hits up Tumblr and Twitter mostly when he's online because he can reach thousands of people at once. Lurking here would be a minimal priority at best, and likely non-existent. It is true some of the coincidences may not actually be coincidences, but it still isn't enough for anyone to change their usual posting behavior.

TBH I find it interesting that Mark is the only "celebrity" I've ever found worth discussing. As I've said before, he's not even my type. But out of everyone I've seen, famous or not, he's the only one who not only wanted to do something to change the world but he went out and carved his own path to do it. Logically there was no way he should have been able to make a noticeable impact back in 2012, but he legit made his own way where one didn't exist. True, he kind of fell into the work he's doing now, and no one expected LPing to turn into an actual paycheck, but he saw an opportunity to do some good and, far more importantly, acted on it. That is increasingly and depressingly more rare these days, and that is why I'm still on GG.

Offtopic: Mochikins! Hello again! ::waves::

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

mochikins wrote:Man, I haven't been on here in forever. How's everybody doing? And anything wacky that I missed? :P
Good to see you again Mochikins! :tu:

I'm not quite sure how far back you've been gone. Your last post apart from this says September, so I'm assuming you were here for the news about Daniel.

So as best to recap from that point:

Mark, Ryan, and Matt have all returned to the house they share in LA, but they seem to be spending all their time together, including rock climbing and improv classes, and have put out mainly some really bad sketches that they for some reason think is comedy gold.

They all have adopted their own individual pets. Mark has a Golden Retriever named Chica, Ryan has a German Shepherd mix named Lego, and Matt has an orange tabby named Banana Rambo.

There was a mysterious girl in a horse mask in one of their newer sketches (we dubbed her Horse Mask Girl or HMG for protection) that everyone was worried about because they thought Mark was pulling a Jess 2.0 and lying about being single again, but we were mistaken and likely she's just gonna be helping KWP (Kids With Problems, their new sketch group since Cyndago is disbanded) in the future.

Mark dyed his hair blue just because he could.

Resident Enis 2 is coming out on Tuesday.

And Jack will be visiting LA next week, so hopefully he'll be hanging out with Mark while he's there.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Post by Guest »

Weird, but the subnautica game is really growing on me. It is visually pretty. Maybe since I can grasp what is going on a bit more.

I just watched Jack's video of riding with strangers....that game is so creepy. but, it is a good lesson in life, do not hitchhike.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

KMS1017 wrote:Weird, but the subnautica game is really growing on me. It is visually pretty. Maybe since I can grasp what is going on a bit more.

I just watched Jack's video of riding with strangers....that game is so creepy. but, it is a good lesson in life, do not hitchhike.
Yeah I've really been enjoying his Subnautica LP. He really seems to be enjoying it more than expected, especially concerning his crippling fear of the ocean.

And in the recent one, he even poked fun at Tumblr with their creepy fanfiction. Good on you sir! :tu: Maybe Cry is right and Mark's just putting up a front with them so as not to start any stupid unnecessary drama.

But that does make me question. What is with all the daddy comments from him lately? And not just in Subnautica, though that's where it's most prevalent. He's been slipping with that lately, either calling himself daddy or talking about how terrible of a dad he'd be, only to quickly back-peddle and tell people not to call him daddy. Obviously he doesn't always think about what comes out of his mouth, and I doubt his paternal instincts are kicking in since he's so career driven right now instead of family driven, but he is sending mixed signals to the younger fans with this.

fishnchippychips
Debater
Debater

Post by fishnchippychips »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
KMS1017 wrote:Weird, but the subnautica game is really growing on me. It is visually pretty. Maybe since I can grasp what is going on a bit more.

Yeah I've really been enjoying his Subnautica LP. He really seems to be enjoying it more than expected, especially concerning his crippling fear of the ocean.

And in the recent one, he even poked fun at Tumblr with their creepy fanfiction. Good on you sir! :tu: Maybe Cry is right and Mark's just putting up a front with them so as not to start any stupid unnecessary drama.

But that does make me question. What is with all the daddy comments from him lately? And not just in Subnautica, though that's where it's most prevalent. He's been slipping with that lately, either calling himself daddy or talking about how terrible of a dad he'd be, only to quickly back-peddle and tell people not to call him daddy. Obviously he doesn't always think about what comes out of his mouth, and I doubt his paternal instincts are kicking in since he's so career driven right now instead of family driven, but he is sending mixed signals to the younger fans with this.
I imagine (since he seems to have been spending so much time on tumblr) that the whole "daddy" thing has just gotten into his head a bit after seeing it so many times, or that could be a reason anyway. I don't think he'd ever purposefully encourage the fans to call him that and we all know that at least, but some of the younger ones still don't get the message apparently.

And oh man, have you guys seen how salty and offended tumblr's getting over being called "tumblrinas"? :rofl: it's like they've never heard the expression before and they can't see why Mark would have that opinion of them! Well tumblr maybe if you would stop writing/drawing nsfw of Mark and his friends, policing him for every little mistake he makes and kicking up a fuss when he's joking around he might have a better opinion of you? :roll:

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

You beat me to it Fish! :rofl:

How long has it been since the last Tumblr drama? Guess it must be a slow month. :roll:

Newsflash Tumblr, Mark's not the only one who sees the hypocrisy and the double standards. Everyone knows how toxic of a site Tumblr is. The fact that people are saying Tumblr is worse than 4chan now should give you a hint. And by acting in this fashion, by being butthurt over this, you're only perpetuating that belief further.

Mark has screwed up in the past, but he doesn't deserve this behavior. You claim to respect him but treat him like a piece of meat, then start trying to guilt Mark into an apology by saying "how can he disrespect his fans like this" when you have been nothing but disrespectful to him as a content creator and has a human being. Mark has flaws and problems like the rest of us, but so do you. And if people are calling you worse than 4chan, it's a good time to pull your head out of your vagina and take a look at how you treat others.

notyourcupcake
Talker
Talker

Post by notyourcupcake »

Offtopic: [quote="M0nkeeButt2590"]It's a good time to pull your head out of your vagina...[/quote] Sorry I just had to pop in to say omfg Monkee...I threw my head back so hard laughing at this that I legit knocked my chair over.

~Panger Ban~

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Oh what the ever living fuck, Tumblr. Go back to bed, there are no monsters for you to slay today. :roll:

So they got offended over him using a term that describes a group of people who make being offended a hobby? Congratulations, Tumblr, you just won the internet.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Oh wow, I didn't think it was that serious when I heard it, but it's like saying "tumblrina" hit a berserk button over there. :o If you have to say "I AM NOT A FUCKING TUMBLRINA" in your tags...you're getting ridiculously defensive maybe because you know deep down that you might be one. Because it's possible to express an opinion without throwing a tantrum about it. At the end of the day, seems like most of them can't breathe without having something to get upset over. :(

Post by Guest »

I kinda knew there would be some sort of backlash with that comment. But, not to that extreme. newsflash, being called a tumblrina isn't actually all that bad. He could have come up with something a lot worse. Unless they were upset that he called them out of the silliness that is writing the fanfictions.

I did like the tweet and fb messages today. He doesn't post those motivational stuff as much as he used to.

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Post by MapleNia »

notyourcupcake wrote:Offtopic: [quote="M0nkeeButt2590"]It's a good time to pull your head out of your vagina...
Sorry I just had to pop in to say omfg Monkee...I threw my head back so hard laughing at this that I legit knocked my chair over.[/offtopic][/quote]
Offtopic: I laughed so hard as well :rofl: I had a visual in my brain too. Why, Brain?!

Whoopie doo! Another wave of offensed Tumblr peeps. Isn't 'Tumblrinas' just a innocent term or does it have a deeper meaning that I don't get? I don't know exactly, because I didn't feel bad about it. They seem to make it look like it's just as bad as if you said the N word :?

I liked his videos lately; he seems to enjoy them a lot! Probably because he can focus on his LP a bit more. He did say some weird stuff in today's videos (like 'imagine me in an orgy, no actually, don't!' I actually imagine Mark being like 'Uhhh!! What do I do?!' :rofl: ...ok I really need to sleep now), but, hey, it's Mark? :P

And yes, KMS! I also loved his tweets and Facebook messages! It's nice to see those kinds of messages pop up again :tu:
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

I live to be silly sometimes! I'd plug my channel, but that's against the rules, I'm incognito, and many of you are already subbed! :tu:

Basically the term Tumblrina means someone on Tumblr who is perpetually offended, promotes hate against men (preferably white men) while claiming how oppressed they are, and are massive hypocrites when it comes to issues about equality... So basically Tumblr in a nutshell. :rofl:

I surmise those new inspiring messages on Twitter and Facebook are his way of trying to redirect the drama on Tumblr. He's either trying to tell the children subtly to behave and let this whole thing go, or he's hoping the more neutral members of this debacle spam his message all over the tag so all the bad stuff gets buried. Oh I'm sure he means what he's saying, but posting them so soon after a new shitstorm on Tumblr? It's likely a diversion. Probably will be more cute pictures of Chica at some point tonight too if that doesn't work.

But yeah apart from being sick, Mark's videos lately have definitely picked up in commentary. His mind definitely goes into weird ass places, but that's normal. At least we know Mark's never been in an orgy. But considering his mouth, you'd probably hear him from the moon! :rofl:

notyourcupcake
Talker
Talker

Post by notyourcupcake »

Sorry I'm not 100% up to date on whatever's happening. From what I've gathered here: Mark called out fanfic writers somewhat? And used the term 'tumblrinas'. (was it towards a specific group of tumblrinas or just in a general sense? I cant watch the vid cause my network is shot. if someone could give me the context I'd greatly appreciate it).

As for him referring to himself as 'daddy', honestly that's just an unconscious thing most pet owners get into the habit of doing. Him calling himself that is fine. The fact that he has to constantly, repetitively tell these damn kids not to turn it sexual is ridiculous. (Although I still feel that he's doing some things on purpose for the views/lulz/attention like some of the pictures he posts. glad he's not been doing THAT so much lately)

Offtopic: @Nia: my brain did the same thing! sweet jebus, why?! :rofl:
Also, hey y'all I'm back for the day. might lose internet sometime tomorrow so I figured I'd hang out here until then~
Oh! Feel free to PM/DM me if anyone wants to talk about whatever or if you'd like to get up with me on any other social sites!

~Panger Ban~

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Basically while Mark was playing Subnautica, while catching food to eat he made a daddy joke, which he instantly started back-peddling on. His quote afterwards:
That's so weird. Don't take that out of context everybody. I should really have a filter before I start saying things. I'm so sorry. I feel new fanfiction already. You can hear the Tumblrinas typing away at their laptops right now.
And that was enough to send the oversensitive Tumblrinas into a frenzy.

notyourcupcake
Talker
Talker

Post by notyourcupcake »

Haha! nothing's wrong with that. from what I can tell through the few comments I've been able to read on YouTube, he wasn't wrong. (wont play the vid, but found that the comments section loads...albeit veerrryyy slowly.) Even saw one girl threatened to write the "smuttiest fanfic possible" if he called himself' daddy' again followed by several thirsty fangirls begging for her to do it and post a link...I felt compelled to point out that she would be going against just about everything Mark has asked his fans not to do...I highly doubt they'll even read it. or care. Sorta expecting to hear some petty nonsensical reasoning trying to justify their actions provided my reply gets noticed.
sorry, this site makes me ramble...like a lot, lol

~Panger Ban~

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

I just read the comment you're talking about. Looks like the commenter did write smut and is sending the link around, after Mark has quite explicitly and repeatedly asked people not to, because they have zero respect for him and assume it's all "just a joke". I shy away from using the word c*nt because I consider it too strong a word in nearly every circumstance imaginable, but it's a title I bestow almost exclusively on people like that.

And they cry foul at his use of the word "tumblrina". :roll:

pumpkinspace
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pumpkinspace »

Ahhh, i've been waiting something to blow up on there. I had to unfollow some people because i had enough headaches today. :D Even as a feminist, especially a feminist on tumblr, I find it so ironic for a group of people to be so upset about "tumblrina". They speak so much about respect, but they really effin' miss it when it comes to respecting mark. That's been already said already.

I agree that he's really been picking up on his LPs, i wish he would play a much longer one tho (i've been dying for him to play silent hill for ages but i think that might never happen lmao), but i'll take what i can get. 8-)

Return to “Markiplier”