IMATS 2014

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

IMATS 2014

Post by Forever Eccentric »

Did anyone attend friday or saturday's event? I attended Saturday and I had a wonderful time shopping for make-up and this was my second time attending. I only fangirl once when I saw Roy and Frank from Face-Off but; I was in line purchasing products so; I couldn't stop to say hello. We aren't fans of the beauty community because; lot of girls don't make quality videos, they aren't nice, and youtube was better back in 2008. But, I believe Hailey from smilebuddiesxoxo and her friends were being assholes to a handicapped person inside the convention center. They got pissed because; the person wheeling her was supposedly in the way. It's a wheelchair and a very overcrowded event.

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: IMATS 2014

Post by clandestine »

Wasn't there and dont really watch Hailey, but have seen some of her videos and just seems so terrible in them. So stuck up and bitchy.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

which beauty gurus attended?

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Username wrote:which beauty gurus attended?
*makeupbymandy
*missglamourazzi
* strawberryelectric48
* tons of unknown beauty vloggers
* hollieeatslipstick
*hellokaty
*ayydubs
*i think allie and meghan were there
* smilebuddiesxoxo and her group
* missmeghanmakeup
* charismastar
* nicole and Jaclyn
* Cassandra
*fashionista804
*mylifeaseva ( she's the only one I saw that showed up when the imats started and was buying makeup)
* makeupbytiffanyd
They usually show up in the afternoon or when IMATS is over. Also, they never really buy any make-up.

hi_bye
Debater
Debater

Post by hi_bye »

Those who have attended, is it worth the hype??

How discounted are things really? And are the lines crazy at all? Are you able to get what you want?

I would love to attend one but don't live near them so I would have to go if I'm ever in one of those areas. Which, BTW I was in NY during LA Imats and in LA during NY Imats one year, not fair!!

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

hi_bye wrote:Those who have attended, is it worth the hype??

How discounted are things really? And are the lines crazy at all? Are you able to get what you want?

I would love to attend one but don't live near them so I would have to go if I'm ever in one of those areas. Which, BTW I was in NY during LA Imats and in LA during NY Imats one year, not fair!!

Yes, IMATS is worth the hype especially if you love buying make-up. MAC's discount is 20% off and they only take debit/cards. Sigma was 30% off, NYX was 40% off I believe, and there are just so many great deals. My little sister got really good deals on OPI and China Glaze nail polishes. The deal was 8 for $20 and the other one was 12 for $20. I was able to get everything on my list minus Makeup Geek's eyeshadows because; the line was super long and we didn't want to wait. Also, attending IMATS is a great time to stock up on eyelashes, z palettes, brush cleansers, brushes, and they have good deals on train cases.
Sigma, Lime Crime/Naimie's, Makeup Geek, SugarPill, Nigel, Crown Brush, and NYX were very overcrowded. Saturday is the most busiest day and Sunday is much slower. If you do attend Saturday, you get first dibs on products because; sometimes things sell out and they won't be available for Saturday.

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

Im going to the NY IMATs I went last year, and decied to go again! I already started making a list, and I know have to set a budget, and not go over that budget! Last year I went a little crazy just because it was my first time going. I feel like if you make a list and stay on track you'll be fine, I know for a fact that I am going to be hitting up LimeCrime, Sigma and the NYX booths first just because I know those are going to be the crowded ones. Last years Inglot booth was so crowded!

hi_bye
Debater
Debater

Post by hi_bye »

Thanks for the info guys :)

Can't wait to be in one of the big cities during an IMATS ;)

heyitsjenna
Learner
Learner

Post by heyitsjenna »

Did anyone see if Allie and Meghan interacted?

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

heyitsjenna wrote:Did anyone see if Allie and Meghan interacted?
I honestly doubt it. Wasn't there but there was picture on instagram of a huge group of gurus. Pretty much everyone from that "clique" Even meghan and sarah (sarahbelle93x) were standing next to each other and they're definitely not friends anymore but at least they're able to tolerate each other. Allie was probably invited but didn't go and felt left out which is why she posted that instagram picture about staying in instead of going out and trying to make people happy blah blah blah. That's just kinda what I got from it though.

Return to “IMATS”