Best NYX products?

xoxogossipdoll
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best NYX products?

Post by xoxogossipdoll »

I definitely recommend their brow products! I've been using the eyebrow cake powder kit for years! They recently came out with the micro brow pencil and that's a really good one too.
Pastel Rage wrote:They've finally started selling NYX in my country, and I'm really eager to try some of their things out. The only problem is that I have no idea where to start, so I'd love some recommendations from people who are actually more familiar with the brand. I naturally still don't really want to waste my money if I can help it.

So, what NYX products do you guys like? :D

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

xoxogossipdoll wrote:I definitely recommend their brow products! I've been using the eyebrow cake powder kit for years! They recently came out with the micro brow pencil and that's a really good one too.
I literally just came in here to ask about brow products, so thanks for the recommendations!

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

xoxogossipdoll wrote:I definitely recommend their brow products! I've been using the eyebrow cake powder kit for years! They recently came out with the micro brow pencil and that's a really good one too.
Pastel Rage wrote:They've finally started selling NYX in my country, and I'm really eager to try some of their things out. The only problem is that I have no idea where to start, so I'd love some recommendations from people who are actually more familiar with the brand. I naturally still don't really want to waste my money if I can help it.

Yes, they have great brow products. My only complaint is that they're quite pricey for drugstore (the micro brow runs around $14 here).
Blending is my cardio.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

trickylinguist wrote:

Yes, they have great brow products. My only complaint is that they're quite pricey for drugstore (the micro brow runs around $14 here).
Yeah, it's definitely fairly expensive for drugstore. But on the other hand I'd rather pay a little bit more for something that I won't want to snap in half after one use. Plus, my country taxes everything heavily and NYX is still very cheap compared to high end.

Post by Guest »

Pastel Rage wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the lip lingerie range? I think the colours are absolutely gorgeous.
i bought some of them right when they came out and honestly i hated all of them - the colours are gorgeous in theory and on others, but on me they were super muddy, streaky, and all around unflattering. i think i must have gotten a bad set lol

as for other nyx products...their hd foundation and hd concealers are bomb; very good coverage. also, my favourite product of theirs is the jumbo eye pencil in cottage cheese; it's just gorgeous as a highlight for inner eyes/brow bone. :tu:

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

How do you guys feel about their eyeshadows?

Did anyone try the Ultimate palettes? I was kind of considering getting the warm neutrals one, but I've had some mixed experiences with their shadows, and I hate having palettes just sit around.

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

Pastel Rage wrote:How do you guys feel about their eyeshadows?

Did anyone try the Ultimate palettes? I was kind of considering getting the warm neutrals one, but I've had some mixed experiences with their shadows, and I hate having palettes just sit around.
I've only tried their prismatic shadows (beautiful, but break easily) and hot singles shadows (hit and miss -- mattes tend to be very dry/firmly pressed with "buildable" pigment, the shimmers are pretty good).
Blending is my cardio.

MajesticPopcorn
Learner
Learner

Post by MajesticPopcorn »

Has anyone tried their primers? My T zone gets really oily, cheeks are normal.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I've been meaning for well over a year to try one of NYX's Soft Matte Lip Creams, and while I still have yet to, I have their Lip Lingerie in Corset, which I suppose is a similar formula. It stays on very well, and only needs to be reapplied after eating a meal. I can drink coffee, tea, and water all day and it wears just fine. I prefer to remove it as well as I can with an oil or oil-based lip balm, then completely reapply. That way, I'm not putting new product on top of crusty, nasty, old product. I have noticed that the Lip Lingerie makes the lines in my lips more pronounced, but I suppose I could remedy that by lightly applying a lip balm throughout the day.

NYX's Micro Brow pencil in Ash Brown is my absolute favorite brow product. I tried the Brunette one time but it was too red. It is a little pricey for a drugstore product, but I always get them on a discount at CVS, Ulta, or Harmon. While I prefer a darker color for my brows when I'm wearing heavier eye makeup or dark clothing colors, Ash Brown is good for me for minimal makeup looks and light clothing colors.

I've had my NYX Color Correcting palette for almost two years now, and it's gotten a lot of love! While the brown shade could be used as a cream bronzer, I just don't wear bronzer a lot, and therefore, it's the only shade I haven't hit pan on. I tried it for contouring once and it's WAY too warm for that purpose.

I have a few colors of the Jumbo Eye Pencils, but don't use them very often anymore. I'm able to sharpen them, but the point doesn't come out the same way as it did when I just got the product, and it can break easily. For reference, I use either the Wet n Wild sharpener or one of those cheap ones from Harmon.

Moccachocolatti
Informer
Informer

Post by Moccachocolatti »

I like the browpomade and the microbrow pencil.
And I use the warm neutral palette almost daily.

Mmmmmmmakeup
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Mmmmmmmakeup »

fihe wrote:I've been meaning for well over a year to try one of NYX's Soft Matte Lip Creams, and while I still have yet to, I have their Lip Lingerie in Corset, which I suppose is a similar formula. It stays on very well, and only needs to be reapplied after eating a meal. I can drink coffee, tea, and water all day and it wears just fine. I prefer to remove it as well as I can with an oil or oil-based lip balm, then completely reapply. That way, I'm not putting new product on top of crusty, nasty, old product. I have noticed that the Lip Lingerie makes the lines in my lips more pronounced, but I suppose I could remedy that by lightly applying a lip balm throughout the day.

NYX's Micro Brow pencil in Ash Brown is my absolute favorite brow product. I tried the Brunette one time but it was too red. It is a little pricey for a drugstore product, but I always get them on a discount at CVS, Ulta, or Harmon. While I prefer a darker color for my brows when I'm wearing heavier eye makeup or dark clothing colors, Ash Brown is good for me for minimal makeup looks and light clothing colors.

I've had my NYX Color Correcting palette for almost two years now, and it's gotten a lot of love! While the brown shade could be used as a cream bronzer, I just don't wear bronzer a lot, and therefore, it's the only shade I haven't hit pan on. I tried it for contouring once and it's WAY too warm for that purpose.

I have a few colors of the Jumbo Eye Pencils, but don't use them very often anymore. I'm able to sharpen them, but the point doesn't come out the same way as it did when I just got the product, and it can break easily. For reference, I use either the Wet n Wild sharpener or one of those cheap ones from Harmon.
I just got one of the soft mattes in Zurich. Nice coral tone that isn't too bright. It came out clumpy but smoothed down. Definitely have to let it set before pressing your lips together. I need to do a lot more lip care before I wear more mattes; it highlighted every crack I have. But I blame that on my dry lips, not the formula.

BellaHamilton
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by BellaHamilton »

I`m fond of NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I like their colors and texture.
But also I like NYX Waterproof eyeliner. It has a very thin brush that allows to make any eye narrows quickly.
It causes no allergic reactions and is kept during all day, even after swimming in the pool.
Best wishes,
Bella
Writer at EssayLab

lucy70
Learner
Learner

Post by lucy70 »

jonsnowsbabymama wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:54 am
Their "Soft Matte Lip Creams" are AMAZING! I swear by them. I wore the red shade (Monte Carlo) for prom (about 5pm - 12pm) and I only had to reapply once after dinner.

I have 5 shades and they're all nice. Their normal Matte Lipsticks are good, too! :tu: Have fun shopping!

Yesssss! Love their soft matte lip creams! I have tried so many, and NYX formula is probably the best.Not too dry. Dries truly matte.And best of all, its affordable

Return to “NYX”