Can we talk about Michael Todd?

rishka
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can we talk about Michael Todd?

Post by rishka »

I feel like I can't trust youtubers opinions on Michael Todd products, yet I'm still interested in trying it. Recently I saw essiebutton talking about the toner, and I generally trust her opinions, but I'm just unsure. Like I don't want to waste my money on something that sucks. Has anyone tried it? If so, what have you tried?

CorruptedMuse
Learner
Learner

Re: Can we talk about Michael Todd?

Post by CorruptedMuse »

I got the charcoal detoxifying facial mask in my Ipsy bag back in August (I think?), and I am IN LOVE with it. I have dry, acne-prone, extremely sensitive skin, so the idea of charcoal was terrifying. The actual product is deceivingly smooth and creamy, it didn't dry my skin out, and it smells AWESOME.

I feel that my first experience was good enough to where I'm considering trying a smaller sized skin care kit.

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

CorruptedMuse wrote:I got the charcoal detoxifying facial mask in my Ipsy bag back in August (I think?), and I am IN LOVE with it. I have dry, acne-prone, extremely sensitive skin, so the idea of charcoal was terrifying. The actual product is deceivingly smooth and creamy, it didn't dry my skin out, and it smells AWESOME.

I feel that my first experience was good enough to where I'm considering trying a smaller sized skin care kit.
I got that in my Ipsy bag too but I was too scared to try it because it has coconut oil in it. My skin likes to punish me when I put anything with coconut oil on it by giving me a pizza face. I got my fiance to try it despite his initial resistance thinking it was "girly" because it came in my Ipsy bag, and he ended up loving it so much that he purchased a full size. And that's saying a lot considering he's never let anything but Oxy or Axe touch his face ever since I've known him.
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

rishka wrote:I feel like I can't trust youtubers opinions on Michael Todd products, yet I'm still interested in trying it. Recently I saw essiebutton talking about the toner, and I generally trust her opinions, but I'm just unsure. Like I don't want to waste my money on something that sucks. Has anyone tried it? If so, what have you tried?
I personally wouldn't trust Essie's opinions on skincare. No offense to you intended, that's just me. I just wouldn't be able to trust someone who jumps around "loving" new and different skincare products so frequently as she does. There's only so much you can put on your face, so I feel in her case, she'll be using and/or promoting something in replacement of that soon.

I considered trying a few MT products but haven't purchased any for the simple fact that pretty much everyone who promoted them stopped using them.
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

pussyglitter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pussyglitter »

rishka wrote:Recently I saw essiebutton talking about the toner, and I generally trust her opinions, but I'm just unsure.
She'd try to sell you a turd if there was a buck in it for her.

shermansown

Post by shermansown »

I bought one of the $25 kits to try the stuff out, and I got the charcoal scrub (is it also a mask? or are they different?) in that and the ipsy bag. The toner and the scrub really are worth the hype in my opinion. The toner feels like it is cleaning and helping minimize pores without over-drying. However, toner is something I go through too fast to spend so much on, so I am just sticking with witch hazel now that mine ran out. The scrub is so amazing I will definitely purchase the full size. It is the only thing that has ever gotten rid of blackheads for me, and your skin feels SO SMOOTH and not at all irritated after. I only use it once or twice a week though because my skin is kind of sensitive. My skin hated everything else -- the oatmeal cleanser smelled gross and left a film, and the moisturizer smelled citrusy and was very moisturizing but stung a little and broke me out. And I am never ever going to put snail slime on my face ever so they can keep that $100 jar of blech.

Return to “Michael Todd”