(a/k/a Benji related threads)
DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Benji (itsnotbenjitime) Part 2

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

shhilurk wrote:I'm betting Benji has no idea what the word "plagiarism" even means.

Funny how he has no problem copying others recipes and ideas but the moment somebody does something similar to what he does he throws a fit. This is the same guy who has filmed Judy's mom cooking things, uploads it to his channel and collects the cash. Highly doubt he shares revenue with Judy's mom.
Well he didn't go to college and I assume he wasn't great in high school so yea I think plagiarism is a notion he probably isn't too familiar with. He should really think about if one of the minions saw his videos, copied the recipe and uploaded it to Youtube without referencing his input, how would he feel? Not sure if he has that empathetic social skills for that though. Also his not attending college or doing any real work he probably doesn't realise how serious plagiarism really is. If he is making money off of someone elses work, they have the right to be pissed off and legally they can do something about it.
RETIRED MODERATOR

caramel45
Debater
Debater

Post by caramel45 »

DipDipDipMyBlueShip wrote:
shhilurk wrote:I'm betting Benji has no idea what the word "plagiarism" even means.

Funny how he has no problem copying others recipes and ideas but the moment somebody does something similar to what he does he throws a fit. This is the same guy who has filmed Judy's mom cooking things, uploads it to his channel and collects the cash. Highly doubt he shares revenue with Judy's mom.
Well he didn't go to college and I assume he wasn't great in high school so yea I think plagiarism is a notion he probably isn't too familiar with. He should really think about if one of the minions saw his videos, copied the recipe and uploaded it to Youtube without referencing his input, how would he feel? Not sure if he has that empathetic social skills for that though. Also his not attending college or doing any real work he probably doesn't realise how serious plagiarism really is. If he is making money off of someone elses work, they have the right to be pissed off and legally they can do something about it.
Well we wouldn't be surprised if he gets sued again as if this wasn't the first time.

carot93
Stalker
Stalker

Post by carot93 »

Back to the topic of Benji having some sort of disability: in one of the vlogs, I think right after they announced that they were having twins, Judy said that they had to check if the babies where okay, cause when Judy was pregnant with Julianna there were a possibility that Julianna could get some kind of disability (but luckily she didn´t though) I think she mentioned that the cause was a missing chromosome. She said that the same thing could happen with the twins also.. Could this be connected to Benjis genes for some reason?

caramel45
Debater
Debater

Post by caramel45 »

carot93 wrote:Back to the topic of Benji having some sort of disability: in one of the vlogs, I think right after they announced that they were having twins, Judy said that they had to check if the babies where okay, cause when Judy was pregnant with Julianna there were a possibility that Julianna could get some kind of disability (but luckily she didn´t though) I think she mentioned that the cause was a missing chromosome. She said that the same thing could happen with the twins also.. Could this be connected to Benjis genes for some reason?
It could be connected to Benji's genes, but it also could be in general.

caramel45
Debater
Debater

Post by caramel45 »

umNO wrote:

Considering how he got when he saw he was using the same camera as Julian, how he got when he saw he uses the same blender as Laura Vitale, and how he got when someone else had BenjimanTV name for instagram, he definitely has a reaction when he feels he is being copied even when he isn't. And the tweens definitely have a reaction too, seeing how they pounced on Laura Vitale when she posted a green juice video. Benji, and the minions, behave like entitled brats though, so he might not possess the ethics to properly source and credit whose recipe, techniques, and tips he is copying and presenting.
I know when they were attacking Laura she made them look like idiots when she said that Benji wasn't the one who created green juice in fact it's been around for quite while.

lacrymosa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lacrymosa »

I'm still laughing at the fact they really thought Benji created the idea of shoving a bunch of fruit and veg in a blender.

caramel45
Debater
Debater

Post by caramel45 »

caramel45 wrote:
carot93 wrote:Back to the topic of Benji having some sort of disability: in one of the vlogs, I think right after they announced that they were having twins, Judy said that they had to check if the babies where okay, cause when Judy was pregnant with Julianna there were a possibility that Julianna could get some kind of disability (but luckily she didn´t though) I think she mentioned that the cause was a missing chromosome. She said that the same thing could happen with the twins also.. Could this be connected to Benjis genes for some reason?
It could be connected to Benji's genes, but it also could be in general.
I also want to add since it wouldn't let me for some reason. If it's a learning disorder that Judy's worried about they won't diagnose them until they're around 2 or 3 years of age.

LMJ614
Learner
Learner

Post by LMJ614 »

This was probably a test for Turner Syndrome.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

lacrymosa wrote:I'm still laughing at the fact they really thought Benji created the idea of shoving a bunch of fruit and veg in a blender.
Seriously though, do they think Benji invented the juicer? Green juice was Benjis idea and so the juicer must be too :| Wasn't jucing a big thing in the 1980s? I'm sure Benji was the pack leader back then too
RETIRED MODERATOR

babyLOV3
Learner
Learner

Post by babyLOV3 »

lacrymosa wrote:I'm still laughing at the fact they really thought Benji created the idea of shoving a bunch of fruit and veg in a blender.
Seriously though, do they think Benji invented the juicer? Green juice was Benjis idea and so the juicer must be too :| Wasn't jucing a big thing in the 1980s? I'm sure Benji was the pack leader back then too
remember his minions are young. 1980 is too far the the past for them -___-

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

babyLOV3 wrote:
remember his minions are young. 1980 is too far the the past for them -___-
Lol I'm 20 and know what fads were around in the '80s. I guess if you are 13 or something then yea that makes sense, but ugh sometimes the stupidity or I guess naivety expressed by the comments is amazing :?
RETIRED MODERATOR

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

carrotz wrote:If Benji posts a video of his meat sauce, can Food Network sue him for copping Alton Brown's recipe? They already have a video of it.
unfortunately no! :( ideas aren't covered under copyright law. oh and speaking of copyright, whoever makes the design they choose for the tshirts needs to be smart about it. don't want benjiburr stealing any images and making a profit from them.

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

umNO wrote:
frizzzx86 wrote:
carrotz wrote:If Benji posts a video of his meat sauce, can Food Network sue him for copping Alton Brown's recipe? They already have a video of it.
unfortunately no! :( ideas aren't covered under copyright law. oh and speaking of copyright, whoever makes the design they choose for the tshirts needs to be smart about it. don't want benjiburr stealing any images and making a profit from them.
I'll have to disagree. As I mentioned before College Fashion made Chriselle Lim credit them for her using their idea/phrasing/wording on one of her videos. Youtube has a "Submit a copyright infringement notification" process to request the removal of an unauthorized use of your creative work. So while they might not sue, they can bring in Youtube/Google to review the video.... (And because Alton's video is a segment of his TV show (which is copyrighted) there would be that to contend with)
i know the law lol ii'm not trying to be pretentious. food network could sue if benji copied alton's video (meaning the scenes, lighting, any images...NOT the recipe) copyright law only protects original, TANGIBLE works. a recipe is not that. a recipe for sauce is not original, it's a fact. anyone can make it. it's just he can't use a segment of that exact video, an image or sound.

and i don't know who chriselle lim is, but you do NOT have to credit anyone for any idea unless it is a process which is patented. and as for phrasing or wording, unless it's a trademark, then she got punk'd. i am 100000% sure there is no copyrighting ideas.

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

umNO wrote: I don't believe Chriselle was punked. She literally used College Fashion's blog post verbatim as her script for one of her fashion videos, and for that, CF was able to successful report her use of their intellectual property, and she had to cite her source or take the video down.

If Alton's recipe is from one of his cookbooks, there may be a basis for copyright protection.

It is terrible form to make it seem like his last passa sauz attempts are something other than his doing Alton's recipe (with the evap. milk, ketchup, and herb bag of star anise and clove [which he directly said was his first time ever seeing/using]). Not worth the bad rep.
then the copyright would lie on the writing, if it were creative and original. noone would be able to copy the writing itself. NOT the recipe (or a recpe to mean sauce) itself. but benji could use whatever recipe he wants. copyright lies with anything that s tangible. either way, benji is a fake, and uncreative in every way.

maleficent
Debater
Debater

Post by maleficent »

Benjigirl, you are not a foodie,a and you sure as hell are not a chef. You will not be able to handle any of these...
http://www.viralnova.com/cook-uploads-photos/
You are a foodslut. Stay in your corner and fondle your ratchet dough.

nail_junkie87
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nail_junkie87 »

I love you all for embracing the "benjigirl" term. He's too fuckin feminine to be "manly"...
11.30.16 Rebirth <3 You're only as strong as you think you are! <3

Return to “ItsJudysAlbatross”