Xiaxue

yujia59
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Xiaxue

Post by yujia59 »

She is a bitch. I read her FAQ just now and saw the following words.
Why she likes using "FUCK YOU" so much? I did not know how many people she has used this word. This is not polite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

saksaneq
Lurker
Lurker

Post by saksaneq »

I don't think she goes on about Dawn because she's pissed about it still, I think she knows people reading like the drama, so maybe she wants to stretch it as far as she can? Reading her baby post made me so happy! This was the kind of post that got me hooked to her blog :)

furphy
Learner
Learner

Post by furphy »

She's three months pregnant!

youtube.com/questionablegurus

Shiro
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Shiro »

furphy wrote:She's three months pregnant!

awh, that's cute. I cant wait to see what she wears as a pregnant woman (once her belly gets bigger). I've always liked her sense of style.

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

Lol, I love her captioned to that photo! What a cutie.

syllabub

Post by syllabub »

supernova wrote:Her Adele posts turned me off forever. If she's sooo honest, then why the hell does she need to photoshop herself? Be honest and just show who you really are. Not an semi-finished version of yourself that you're ashamed to show so you have to hide behind digital magic to make yourself/brand sell better.
There's a difference between being honest and being rude/malicious just for the sake of attention and making a good blog post. I was shocked when I watched her YT videos. She seems so mellow/quiet/cutesy, nothing like I imagined her to be from just reading her blog posts. I don't mind her photoshopping herself because she does it to look better and help market advertisements she's doing better too. Her posts are entertaining, but I don't see why admirers are so in awe of her for this 'honesty'. A lot of times she comes off as immature and juvenile in her arguments.

fufsy
Learner
Learner

Post by fufsy »

hey can someone delete the posts kissing this retard's ass? this isn't 'adored bloggers'.
thanksfehwutchinbuhbye

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ShortOne »

fufsy wrote:hey can someone delete the posts kissing this retard's ass? this isn't 'adored bloggers'.
How about no? It's an opinion. We can hate or like her, and post about her (within reason) as we please. No point in sensoring the post because you are not happy that it's not bashing her every move.

meerkat
Talker
Talker

Post by meerkat »

syllabub wrote: Her posts are entertaining, but I don't see why admirers are so in awe of her for this 'honesty'. A lot of times she comes off as immature and juvenile in her arguments.
The same reason some people think douchebags who say racist or sexist things unabashedly are so "honest" and "edgy" because they "don't give a damn about what others think/political correctedness". Sometimes, people seem to think basic human decency and etiquette is a 1984-style censoring of free speech.

or, as XX and her fans like to call it, "being self-righteous". Which I personally believe is a word she abuses when rebuffing arguments that she disagrees with.

What has interested me most in this thread is her admirers' silence/justifications when faced with evidence of XX's logical fallacy or immaturity. I suppose I shouldn't be "self-righteous" and judge their opinions, but nonetheless I am curious about what they think in response to said evidence.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

dude, we like her the same way we like to watch tanya burr or missglamorazzi - mostly for entertainment, no one is devoting their life to XX, so chill out :cheers:

that's why you didn't see people arguing that much - it's not freaking worth it, so what? i don't really care if she goes off the deep end sometimes, not gonna make me hate her

saksaneq
Lurker
Lurker

Post by saksaneq »

It annoys me so much when people nitpick at every little thing a blogger does or says that they don't agree with, think is immature, mean, whatever. Bloggers are human beings, and most likely don't have a team of communication experts sifting through their posts before they put them online. I think it's normal for bloggers not to be perfect, just like it's normal that your best friend or sister isn't perfect. Every single person has been racist, sexist, mean or immature several times in their lives. It's impossible not to have been. I think it's unfair that because honest bloggers have all of this evidence of their fallings online for all to see, that we judge them so severely. It's not as if any of us is any better. It's the bloggers who come off as too perfect and fake who annoy me most, actually. I don't believe anyone is perfect. I think that Xiaxue does a really good job at admitting to her faults, unlike a lot of people.

Shiro
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Shiro »

meerkat wrote:
syllabub wrote: Her posts are entertaining, but I don't see why admirers are so in awe of her for this 'honesty'. A lot of times she comes off as immature and juvenile in her arguments.
The same reason some people think douchebags who say racist or sexist things unabashedly are so "honest" and "edgy" because they "don't give a damn about what others think/political correctedness". Sometimes, people seem to think basic human decency and etiquette is a 1984-style censoring of free speech.

or, as XX and her fans like to call it, "being self-righteous". Which I personally believe is a word she abuses when rebuffing arguments that she disagrees with.

What has interested me most in this thread is her admirers' silence/justifications when faced with evidence of XX's logical fallacy or immaturity. I suppose I shouldn't be "self-righteous" and judge their opinions, but nonetheless I am curious about what they think in response to said evidence.
I haven't really read too much into most of her arguments because lets face it- she can go on and on when shes heated. The parts that I have read, seem justified. Plain an simple- don't start crap if you cant take it. From what I know, she
doesn't "attack" back unless that certain person pushes her (whatever she feels that line is).

At the end of the day is it juvenile to stand up for what you feel strongly about? I don't believe it is. If you're referring to her rants- doesn't everyone do this in one form or another? She just happens to do it all online for the world to see.

If you want to talk about fallacies, we (as the public) face them everyday. That's a whole other topic. Immaturity? Sure, she can be quite immature but at the end of the day its a blog for entertainment purposes. What kind of content are you expecting to get out of a blog like hers?

ChiseledCheekbones
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ChiseledCheekbones »

This is probably one of the few things I've personally read from her that have just irritated me and shocked me to no end (hope this attached correctly). Just because you're mistreated doesn't give you the right to mistreat others. I do love reading her non-advertisement posts, because I find them hugely entertaining. Plus I love her GTL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kazekage14
Informer
Informer

Post by Kazekage14 »

I think she's cute.
I like that she's honest about her surgeries and photoshopping.
I like that she's upfront about haters, instead of being passive or doing the "hey, that's not nice" thing.
But I do think that sometimes, she can't draw the line between "honesty" and rudeness.
It's hard sometimes to differentiate between "being real" and being an asshole.
But we all try our best to do it, every day.

Nostalgia
Informer
Informer

Post by Nostalgia »

saksaneq wrote:It annoys me so much when people nitpick at every little thing a blogger does or says that they don't agree with, think is immature, mean, whatever. Bloggers are human beings, and most likely don't have a team of communication experts sifting through their posts before they put them online. I think it's normal for bloggers not to be perfect, just like it's normal that your best friend or sister isn't perfect. Every single person has been racist, sexist, mean or immature several times in their lives. It's impossible not to have been. I think it's unfair that because honest bloggers have all of this evidence of their fallings online for all to see, that we judge them so severely. It's not as if any of us is any better. It's the bloggers who come off as too perfect and fake who annoy me most, actually. I don't believe anyone is perfect. I think that Xiaxue does a really good job at admitting to her faults, unlike a lot of people.
How is that any different from what we do to beauty vloggers, though? :)
"Don't you feed me lines about some idealistic future / Your heart won't heal
right if you keep tearing out the sutures"

meerkat
Talker
Talker

Post by meerkat »

Nostalgia wrote:
saksaneq wrote:It annoys me so much when people nitpick at every little thing a blogger does or says that they don't agree with, think is immature, mean, whatever. Bloggers are human beings, and most likely don't have a team of communication experts sifting through their posts before they put them online. I think it's normal for bloggers not to be perfect, just like it's normal that your best friend or sister isn't perfect. Every single person has been racist, sexist, mean or immature several times in their lives. It's impossible not to have been. I think it's unfair that because honest bloggers have all of this evidence of their fallings online for all to see, that we judge them so severely. It's not as if any of us is any better. It's the bloggers who come off as too perfect and fake who annoy me most, actually. I don't believe anyone is perfect. I think that Xiaxue does a really good job at admitting to her faults, unlike a lot of people.

THANK YOU. Critiquing her is no different from how other users here critique beauty vloggers.

I have seen GG put down or make fun of other gurus or bloggers for stuff they post on twitter or Instagram, but when it comes to XX, suddenly it's "no one's perfect, don't make fun of her"? Might as well stop criticizing every guru out there, then. I don't care if you like her or hate her, but let's not be hypocritical here.

XX makes entertaining posts sometimes, yes, but it's the horrible lack of awareness in her hypocrisy that irks me. Does it affect my life? No. But I am free to point it out. Like the "rape joke" a user pointed out a few posts back.
006.jpg
So XX thinks rape jokes are a-ok and those who are offended are wusses.
005.jpg
but when people make dead rabbit jokes? How dare they offend her, what an insult! Because CLEARLY, mean people making fun of you for owning a rabbit is a travesty so much worse than making a rape victim feeling threatened or insulted.

(also? There are more way more rape jokes than molester jokes, because rape apparently makes for a stronger punchline. It's just like how you see "make me a sandwich" jokes but not "I'll open the door for you" jokes. Her first answer does not hold.)

It's almost horrifying how much she lacks awareness. You can't feel free to offend others but tell others not to offend you. Not only is that terribly rude, but also hypocritical.

I do not claim to know her real personality or whatever she does when she's off the computer, but what she has shown online is worrisome. Whether she intended or not, there are girls who take her for a role model and feel empowered by her. If people feel it's not okay for Michelle Phan (who I also have no opinions about) to be posting so many junk food on her Instagram because "omg bad role model", I do not understand why many users are going "eh no biggie, chill out" when XX posts content that would make her a worse role model.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

her rabbit is much closer to her heart than a rape victim. actually, if you had a pet rabbit you'd feel the same way, that's just stupid to say why is she offended at dead rabbit joke and not rape? because rape hasn't affected her life, it's only human to not give a shit until it happens to you.

Kazekage14
Informer
Informer

Post by Kazekage14 »

meerkat wrote:
Nostalgia wrote:

THANK YOU. Critiquing her is no different from how other users here critique beauty vloggers.

I have seen GG put down or make fun of other gurus or bloggers for stuff they post on twitter or Instagram, but when it comes to XX, suddenly it's "no one's perfect, don't make fun of her"? Might as well stop criticizing every guru out there, then. I don't care if you like her or hate her, but let's not be hypocritical here.

XX makes entertaining posts sometimes, yes, but it's the horrible lack of awareness in her hypocrisy that irks me. Does it affect my life? No. But I am free to point it out. Like the "rape joke" a user pointed out a few posts back.
006.jpg
So XX thinks rape jokes are a-ok and those who are offended are wusses.
005.jpg
but when people make dead rabbit jokes? How dare they offend her, what an insult! Because CLEARLY, mean people making fun of you for owning a rabbit is a travesty so much worse than making a rape victim feeling threatened or insulted.

(also? There are more way more rape jokes than molester jokes, because rape apparently makes for a stronger punchline. It's just like how you see "make me a sandwich" jokes but not "I'll open the door for you" jokes. Her first answer does not hold.)

It's almost horrifying how much she lacks awareness. You can't feel free to offend others but tell others not to offend you. Not only is that terribly rude, but also hypocritical.

I do not claim to know her real personality or whatever she does when she's off the computer, but what she has shown online is worrisome. Whether she intended or not, there are girls who take her for a role model and feel empowered by her. If people feel it's not okay for Michelle Phan (who I also have no opinions about) to be posting so many junk food on her Instagram because "omg bad role model", I do not understand why many users are going "eh no biggie, chill out" when XX posts content that would make her a worse role model.
I think it's because Michelle has a more childish image, and tries to appeal to young girls.
XX attracts a more mature crowd, I guess.

nightritual
Debater
Debater

Post by nightritual »

Yesterday’s wedding dinner ootd! I think tight fitting dresses are awesome for preggie women, no need to suck in your tummy like mad, just flaunt the belly!! Also the butt I lost during my diet is back lol. (Taken with Instagram)
Yay! I completely agree that bodycon clothes are cute on pregnant women and I'm glad she feels this way! I think this is a sign that she's going to be a glamourous but also very caring mom :halo:

nightritual
Debater
Debater

Post by nightritual »

wait but...
But we have discussed babies for a while now and he has been mentally preparing himself for one coz he is knows he is 31 and it is time.
noooo don't say that XX my boyfriend is 29 there's no way I'm having a baby in 2 years aaaaahhhhhh

Return to “Xiaxue”