Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Re: Ashley Brooke/itsashbrooke

Post by bertinabox »

All her vlogmases have been kind of boring tbh....not much that's christmasy other than shopping sometimes but she does that in regular vlogs throughout the year too...

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

just_reading wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:17 pm
stuff wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:44 pm
Another vlog with a clickbait title. It’s probably boring and misleading as usual. Not giving it my time
The thing that she doesn't tell many people is that she is an introvert which she knows we are surprised bc of her job. Its not like there are a ton of introverted people on youtube......like sis you aren't the only one you're not special. And apparently she gets invited to a ton of things but rather stay at home and work. She apparently way more comfortable going out and networking now which happened in the past year.
Everytime I see fragments of Ashley trying to interact with people she looks so awkard and like she wants to be anywhere else but there. And Ryan's ego is so big that he feels like he is better than everyone in the room.

"Networking" another of the terms that Ryan-super-enterpreteur read and think has read-that, done-that.

I think Ryan has a huge problem on reading enterpreteur books. Keep the theory in. Trying to explain to Ashley and that's it. In their minds they have a multi-million-business. But their problem is that they spend too much time on minor things and they are not productive.

For example, who remember their 'Looking for a NYC apartment' series? The ammount of work they (Blade) put into those videos was too much. They had all that information, and all those maps according where they were moving... and all for what? information that was useless? I can't think was useful for 1 single person. And the result, they chose the cheapest apartment cause they weren't able to afford a better one.

Also when Ashley decided that was a good idea to make PDFs with with outfits of the videos. So people have to enter their email address and they would get a PDF with the outfit details... I mean...

They are the perfect definition of being super busy, but at the end of the day... they are not productive at all.
In the video she does glassesUSA promo, and it led me to wonder does anyone know what happened to her sunglasses line?
Like any "project" Ashley starts, she never finished it.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

bertinabox wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:29 am
All her vlogmases have been kind of boring tbh....not much that's christmasy other than shopping sometimes but she does that in regular vlogs throughout the year too...
Yes agree. I don't remember last years vlogmas on her channel. Decorations on NYC must be lovely on Christmas time... shame they didn't leave the apartment more frecuently.

stuff
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by stuff »

Oh yeah, remember when she tried interviewing people on the street on their fashion choices? It was so cringeworthy she never made a second episode. It was like she had never seen an interviewer ever.

Vlogmas has always been boring for her. It’s just more clicks and $. That’s all she sees in her viewers.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

stuff wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:19 pm
Oh yeah, remember when she tried interviewing people on the street on their fashion choices? It was so cringeworthy she never made a second episode. It was like she had never seen an interviewer ever.

Vlogmas has always been boring for her. It’s just more clicks and $. That’s all she sees in her viewers.
Ah yes, I remember this. Another of the many unfinished 'projects' by Ashley.

Why she always post a photo on Instagram when finish to film and when 'edit' a video. Seems so much effort for her to do a bit of 'work'. She always looks tired. Like is so hard for her to leave the bed.

I always have said Ashley 'pretends' to be busy all the time. But in reality she does probably a 60% of what women normally do on a day :roll: And probably 40% of what a succeful influencer does.

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

I'll keep watching the Texas vlogs for you and will report back if anything exciting happens :)

I'm currently doing research on how to start a fashion label... and I have to say, whatever went wrong with their fashion line could've been avoided. They say they lost a lot of money to their manufacturer. They're in NY ffs. There are so many resources, people you can talk to and ask for help and share experiences. They probably did as little research and effort as possible.

I feel sorry that the project went wrong and they lost money. And when you start a business, you make lots of mistakes that you can learn from. But with Ashley and Ryan, I feel they always make mistakes that are totally unneccessary. And as I said before, if Ryan is really an experienced entrepreneur, he should have been smarter about a lot of things that went wrong in the past two years.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

marchfav wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:34 am
I'll keep watching the Texas vlogs for you and will report back if anything exciting happens :)

I'm currently doing research on how to start a fashion label... and I have to say, whatever went wrong with their fashion line could've been avoided. They say they lost a lot of money to their manufacturer. They're in NY ffs. There are so many resources, people you can talk to and ask for help and share experiences. They probably did as little research and effort as possible.

I feel sorry that the project went wrong and they lost money. And when you start a business, you make lots of mistakes that you can learn from. But with Ashley and Ryan, I feel they always make mistakes that are totally unneccessary. And as I said before, if Ryan is really an experienced entrepreneur, he should have been smarter about a lot of things that went wrong in the past two years.
Thanks to let us know if something exciting happens :D I keep forgetting her YouTube channel (it seems she keeps forgetting about it as well).

The issue with Ashley and Ryan is that they think they know so much. Ryan seems the kind of man (child) that doesn't ask for help cause he thinks he know better just cause read something somewhere.

I agree, Ashley keeps making mistakes but she never admits to be wrong. Not long ago she explained they decided to close the office (again!) cause Blade and the new intern didn't use it much and closing the office will be smart cause they would save so much money. :roll: :roll: I mean, instead to try to look smart to make the decision to close it, why didn't you avoid to rent the office in the first place?. Just stop making mistakes, to justify them later and try to look smart.

I don't think Ashley is ready to launch a clothe line. She doens't have enough followers. Just a small percentage would actually buy the clothes. And even if their size is available. Ashley is not social either. Other bloggers launch things and have this other Bloggers friends that help them to promote.

By the way, did you remember if Jena invested money on the clothe line as well? I think she did, but I can't remember now. I bet that was one of the main reasons she decided to leave when everything went down. I saw a Q&A she did last week and someone asked if she was still friends with Jena and Ashley said "Yes, I always will see her like my litte sister". :roll: :roll: I think that makes Jena looks very amateur and lack of experience while Ashley pretends to be this boss woman that knows about the industry (not).

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

lizzy wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:57 am
marchfav wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:34 am

Thanks to let us know if something exciting happens :D I keep forgetting her YouTube channel (it seems she keeps forgetting about it as well).

The issue with Ashley and Ryan is that they think they know so much. Ryan seems the kind of man (child) that doesn't ask for help cause he thinks he know better just cause read something somewhere.

I agree, Ashley keeps making mistakes but she never admits to be wrong. Not long ago she explained they decided to close the office (again!) cause Blade and the new intern didn't use it much and closing the office will be smart cause they would save so much money. :roll: :roll: I mean, instead to try to look smart to make the decision to close it, why didn't you avoid to rent the office in the first place?. Just stop making mistakes, to justify them later and try to look smart.

I don't think Ashley is ready to launch a clothe line. She doens't have enough followers. Just a small percentage would actually buy the clothes. And even if their size is available. Ashley is not social either. Other bloggers launch things and have this other Bloggers friends that help them to promote.

By the way, did you remember if Jena invested money on the clothe line as well? I think she did, but I can't remember now. I bet that was one of the main reasons she decided to leave when everything went down. I saw a Q&A she did last week and someone asked if she was still friends with Jena and Ashley said "Yes, I always will see her like my litte sister". :roll: :roll: I think that makes Jena looks very amateur and lack of experience while Ashley pretends to be this boss woman that knows about the industry (not).
I don't think Jena put her money into the clothing line. She always seemed smarter than Ashley and Ryan. I remember Ashley making it sound like they got screwed over by the manufacturer. Which could totally be the case, but I think what really happened is that they made a big order and paid quite some money upfront before having a final sample. And when they decided that they didn't want to go through with it, it was too late to cancel and get a refund. And if the manufacturer really was scammer, they should've done more research and ask for references.

And why would the employees go to the office when their bosses even aren't there :D Yes, Ryan is a know-it-all and girlboss Ashley just trusts him blindly.

Post by Guest »

I remember when Jena left Ashley was super strange about it. She tried to act all happy and supportive but I could sense there was some bitterness. If lots of people are leaving a group/company/etc there is a reason for it.

Does anyone know what Jena is up to now?

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

hb20delete9 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:08 am
I remember when Jena left Ashley was super strange about it. She tried to act all happy and supportive but I could sense there was some bitterness. If lots of people are leaving a group/company/etc there is a reason for it.

Does anyone know what Jena is up to now?
I wouldn't be surprised if she left before she even got a new job. They were all so vague about her and the other employees leaving.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

Honestly I think with the Jena as a "little sister" comment and all of that it just points to Ashley low-key being controlling.

Think about it- she seems to have almost no friends who are her equal. Ryan is her man child, her two sisters are like a decade or more younger than her, and she considers like the only person she's become close with in NY to be her "younger sister." Honestly that's just demeaning.

Ashley is literally like 30, she's not 15 where it makes a big difference how old your friends are. I have plenty of friends as a person in my mid 20s who are younger than me and in college, or even a decade or more older than me and are just COLLEAGUES/FRIENDS/EQUALS. Just bc someone is younger than me doesn't mean they want my life, want to be me, or that I'm their mentor.

It just honestly seems like Ash is scared to be vulnerable but also is so focused on being in control / being the best that she literally isolates herself so that she can keep feeding herself that narrative.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

I think Jena is a gorgeous girl. Yet clothes designed by Ashley looked terrible

Probably they would have lost more money if the clothes line was ever finished.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

I must have missed those photos! those designs are fugly!

aishpabo
Debater
Debater

Post by aishpabo »

Jena was even the perfect model to work with! Slim, tall and beautiful!!! How come all those clothes just doesn't look right on her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

aishpabo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:09 pm
Jena was even the perfect model to work with! Slim, tall and beautiful!!! How come all those clothes just doesn't look right on her Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree!

Maybe it wasn't the company's mistake. Maybe the designs were so bad that the company couldn't do anything about it. It was going to be terrible clothes anyway. And as usual, Ashley didn't take any responsability on being her fault (her designs) but had to blame somebody else.

lizzy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lizzy »

On Instagram Ashley posted this:

I saw that yesterday and thought (I wasn't the only one) something really bad happened to them. There was a 6 hours gap before she reported back to explain what happened.

The "Nightmare experience" was that the place they rented wasn't like the pics (shocking!), it was dirty and then they had no water. :roll: :roll: Since then, they moved to another palce. Today... she is still complaining about it on her Instagram. I bet will be a new vlog where she still complains about it.

She only publish this on her Instagram for two reasons:
- to get a disscount on airbnb or get a place for free.
- lame excuse to explain why she hasn't do any work.

The only people who care you rented a bad place is you and airbnb. Complain directly with them. Leave a negative feedback on the property and move on! You know, like we all do when our flight is delayed, cancelled, a hotel offered a poor service, a restaurant offered a bad service... deal with it.

I bet Ashley definetly was one of those "my dog ate my homework" girls on school.

bertinabox
Learner
Learner

Post by bertinabox »

Ashley is turning into a fucking Karen. Instead of asking for the manager she whines and bitches to her slimming audience and I'm not here as a pawn for her to show off to whoever she needs something from. God she's becoming insufferable

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

When is the last time she made a vlog where she didn’t complain?

marchfav
Talker
Talker

Post by marchfav »

lizzy wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:17 am
On Instagram Ashley posted this:

I saw that yesterday and thought (I wasn't the only one) something really bad happened to them. There was a 6 hours gap before she reported back to explain what happened.

The "Nightmare experience" was that the place they rented wasn't like the pics (shocking!), it was dirty and then they had no water. :roll: :roll: Since then, they moved to another palce. Today... she is still complaining about it on her Instagram. I bet will be a new vlog where she still complains about it.

She only publish this on her Instagram for two reasons:
- to get a disscount on airbnb or get a place for free.
- lame excuse to explain why she hasn't do any work.

The only people who care you rented a bad place is you and airbnb. Complain directly with them. Leave a negative feedback on the property and move on! You know, like we all do when our flight is delayed, cancelled, a hotel offered a poor service, a restaurant offered a bad service... deal with it.

I bet Ashley definetly was one of those "my dog ate my homework" girls on school.
The house sounded really disgusting. I don't understand why she actually cleaned the whole house, spent a night there and then realized the water wasn't working. They should have stayed at a hotel right away and contact Airbnb about it asap. Their customer service is really good from what I've heard. Yet they wasted another day and they also wasted a lot of time in San Antonio because they couldn't get into the house. From what we've seen so far their road trip doesn't seem to go well.

stuff
Debater
Debater

Post by stuff »

Ashley is really dumb, that’s why.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”