Maybelline mascaras

JennyH
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Maybelline mascaras

Post by JennyH »

I've never purchased Maybelline mascaras before (I stick with the CoverGirl volume and L'Oreal voluminous ones), but when I saw Allison (Amarixe) use the Maybelline Colossal cat eyes, I was intrigued. She said she'd been loving it, and since I usually agree with her, I bought it. I'm disappointed, though. It's not very volumizing, makes my eyelashes weirdly spiky, and stinks so badly — like an artificial, waxy, manufactured stink. Do all Maybelline mascaras smell so bad? I wish I'd stuck with my standbys, but I'm a sucker for the next volumizing, curling mascara.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Maybelline mascaras

Post by hollaatmegurl »

I wasn't impressed with the Cat Eyes mascara, but I love the original yellow-tube Colossal Volum (it does have the same smell though). A lot of people love the Full N' Soft mascara from them, and I also love the Falsies and the Mega Plush is pretty good too, in my experience anyway. I think with Maybelline you either love their mascaras or hate them.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

I like the One by one and the Falsies Flared <3

hellukittu
Informer
Informer

Post by hellukittu »

i had the colossal one, and tbh, i didn't like it. the falsies (flared and the orginal) are amazing though. i might like the flared one even more (it's what i'm using right now)
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

This one does WONDERS for my lashes.

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

I loved the cat eye! I hate big brushes so it was perfect for me and did flick out the the corner lashes! Then again how can you beat the good old great lash?! :D

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paperbackwriter »

I hate the smell but I consider them worth it. i used covergirl and clinique exclusively (at different times, first clinique then covergirl) forever but now I won't use anything other than Maybelline the Falsies flared (although if I ever get another sample of Dior extase I would definitely use that again). I just had a tube of MegaPlush and ended up having to toss it because it got clumpy and nasty after a month. I don't think I'll switch from the Falsies for a very long time though.

OhhNoo!
Talker
Talker

Post by OhhNoo! »

I used to swear by Maybelline mascara, but lately I've found that none of them are really all that impressive. They tint my lashes and that's it. I like dramatic-looking lashes

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer

Post by DarthCassie »

I like colossal but not a fan of falsies flared. Lash stiletto is good for bottom lashes.

Mjcbaybee
Learner
Learner

Post by Mjcbaybee »

I love the mega plush one but the other ones really didn't work for me.esp the whole falsies line

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

i thought full n soft was crap.. didn't get the hype.
but i love the falsies flared waterproof. i have straight eyelashes and they hold my curl so well.

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

I also like the regular colossal. I tried the falsies one but it gave me an allergic reaction every time I used it! :?

Cranberrydots
Talker
Talker

Post by Cranberrydots »

Bunny wrote:This one does WONDERS for my lashes.

i agree i love this mascara i use it just bout every day now

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

These are my fav ones. I currently use volum' express with Loreals telescopic.

Sparkle Rancher
Learner
Learner

Post by Sparkle Rancher »

I am using the new one that comes in a pink packaging and I love it. I feel that it defines my eyelashes more although it does tend to smudge a bit. :love2:

Bear
Talker
Talker

Post by Bear »

I like the Falsies, but I just got the megaplush, & I like it SO much better. I like the different brush shape; I think it makes it easier to apply & makes my lashes look fuller.

Kamakazi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kamakazi »

I LOVE Maybelline mascaras. They are really the only thing that works well with my lashes. Granting I don't really need it to do a whole lot to begin with, I was bless with long full lashes as it is. I haven't tried the cat eye one yet, not sure I want to. But I love the megaplush one, one-by-one, and the falsies (the first one).
Loreal mascaras just clump on me and I find that covergirl ones have a smell to them that irritates my eyes way too much.
As far as high-end mascaras go, the only one i've tried and really liked was Benefit BadGal and honestly I feel like my Maybelline ones are actually better.

NotSoVIP
Informer
Informer

Post by NotSoVIP »

I have use their Long Extreme Stiletto Mascara for few year, I love them and they work well on my lash as well.
Beside I also using Falsies Volume Mascara before, I prefer the falsies mascara with this packaging

but too bad it discontinue in my country as well and I replace it with Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara now.

lipsticklover143
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lipsticklover143 »

The Rocket is my favorite!

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I've used the following Maybelline mascaras during my lifetime:

• Falsies waterproof
• Full 'n Soft waterproof (currently wearing, in fact)
• XXL Volume+Length
• Great Lash clear (for brows)

Falsies and Full 'n Soft are great, XXL Volume+Length was horrible (it has since been discontinued), and I didn't like the Great Lash clear mascara. The brush is small, which would be great for precision if only so much excess product wasn't left on it after pulling the wand out of the tube! The stopper isn't tight enough on the small brush. Way too much gel would get on my brows. However, I kept the spoolie after I finished off the product, and it works nicely to comb out lashes or brows.

I also have a tube of Falsies (not waterproof) that I will use once I finish off my NYC Sky Rise, also a good mascara. I only like to have one regular and one waterproof mascara open at a time. I do hope the regular Falsies is as good as the waterproof!

Return to “Maybelline”