LUSH is overrated?

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LUSH is overrated?

Post by kylizzle »

Please do not give out medical advice when you are not anyone's personal doctor and it could be harmful :tu:

CouldntMakeUpAName
Debater
Debater

Post by CouldntMakeUpAName »

dollhouse wrote:
RebeccaDoppelmeyer wrote:
Smiless wrote:I absolutely support and LOVE lush. They are amazing and I also mostly support Canadian companies over any American ones.
Isn't Lush British?
It is!!! LOLOLOL
I am SURE this poster meant they support Canadian companies because LUSH USA and LUSH UK are considered different companies under the same "Umbrella" company. Lush UK can not look at or help you with LUSH USA issues, vice versa, they will refer you to the other if you are questioning about the other.

The products are not made the exact same. Lush USA products are all made in Canada, LUSH UK products are all made in the UK. So the original poster was 100% correct in what she said. :tu:

Post by Guest »

CouldntMakeUpAName wrote: The products are not made the exact same. Lush USA products are all made in Canada, LUSH UK products are all made in the UK. So the original poster was 100% correct in what she said. :tu:
Wow, square peg and round hole but I congratulate you on trying. Doesn't matter if the products are made different ways or however many countries the shop operates in, Lush has it's HQ in England, was founded in England and is still an English company. As for the products being made in Canada, does that mean that Abercrombie and Fitch is an Indonesian company since most of their manufacturing is done there? Is Apple Chinese since that's where they make the goods?

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

fruitietutie wrote:
CouldntMakeUpAName wrote: The products are not made the exact same. Lush USA products are all made in Canada, LUSH UK products are all made in the UK. So the original poster was 100% correct in what she said. :tu:
Wow, square peg and round hole but I congratulate you on trying. Doesn't matter if the products are made different ways or however many countries the shop operates in, Lush has it's HQ in England, was founded in England and is still an English company. As for the products being made in Canada, does that mean that Abercrombie and Fitch is an Indonesian company since most of their manufacturing is done there? Is Apple Chinese since that's where they make the goods?
LOLLL Thank you fruitietuie! The brainwashing is strong in this thread

Catsandcherryblosson
Learner
Learner

Post by Catsandcherryblosson »

I always break off half of my bath bomb so I get more for my money plus I find half is enough in my bath otherwise I think its too overpowering

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

Catsandcherryblosson wrote:I always break off half of my bath bomb so I get more for my money plus I find half is enough in my bath otherwise I think its too overpowering
Thats a good way to save ... Especially if you have an average size tub (me too)

lily pad
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lily pad »

I feel lush is overpriced, the smell of their products is great but i have never noticed any significant benefit

Eleabear57
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Eleabear57 »

dollhouse wrote:
fruitietutie wrote: Wow, square peg and round hole but I congratulate you on trying. Doesn't matter if the products are made different ways or however many countries the shop operates in, Lush has it's HQ in England, was founded in England and is still an English company. As for the products being made in Canada, does that mean that Abercrombie and Fitch is an Indonesian company since most of their manufacturing is done there? Is Apple Chinese since that's where they make the goods?

LOLLL Thank you fruitietuie! The brainwashing is strong in this thread
Maybe the poster meant it was good because it created jobs in Canada instead of the US if all the products are made there? Not sure though

Post by Guest »

Eleabear57 wrote:
Maybe the poster meant it was good because it created jobs in Canada instead of the US if all the products are made there? Not sure though
Or they just made a mistake/got confused and that's okay...

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

Kendalll wrote:Please do not give out medical advice when you are not anyone's personal doctor and it could be harmful :tu:

Not sure why my post about accutane has been changed when I was recommending a drug you can only get through a doctors anyway.... obviously i meant for people to go to the doctor for it ffs. (accutane)

CouldntMakeUpAName
Debater
Debater

Post by CouldntMakeUpAName »

fruitietutie wrote:
CouldntMakeUpAName wrote: The products are not made the exact same. Lush USA products are all made in Canada, LUSH UK products are all made in the UK. So the original poster was 100% correct in what she said.
You completely have attempted to turn around what I said. More power to you. Keep with the insults though. I enjoy when people resort to being rude to over compensate ;)

The original poster said "they like to support Canadian companies", from this I took, giving their money to Canada, which is exactly what would happen. The revenue from LUSH USA would help Canada. I also said they are ALL under the same umbrella large company of Lush, which as you mentioned is in UK. Naw Sherlock. Good job. :tu:

Many companies own other companies or have multiple subsidiaries within them. Choose to misinterpret what I said as much as you want. It is still correct. Me personally, I buy from the UK site which would directly benefit and support the UK, that money is not going to America to stimulate the economy there which is what I meant by separate.

Carry on with your hole and peg or whatever you are going on about :rofl: And feel free to twist my words some more just because you didn't understand. Have at it. <3

Eleabear57
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Eleabear57 »

fruitietutie wrote:
Eleabear57 wrote:
Or they just made a mistake/got confused and that's okay...
That's possible too, I just like giving the benefit of the doubt :)

Post by Guest »

CouldntMakeUpAName wrote:
fruitietutie wrote: Wow, square peg and round hole but I congratulate you on trying. Doesn't matter if the products are made different ways or however many countries the shop operates in, Lush has it's HQ in England, was founded in England and is still an English company. As for the products being made in Canada, does that mean that Abercrombie and Fitch is an Indonesian company since most of their manufacturing is done there? Is Apple Chinese since that's where they make the goods?
You completely have attempted to turn around what I said. More power to you. Keep with the insults though. I enjoy when people resort to being rude to over compensate ;)

The original poster said "they like to support Canadian companies", from this I took, giving their money to Canada, which is exactly what would happen. The revenue from LUSH USA would help Canada. I also said they are ALL under the same umbrella large company of Lush, which as you mentioned is in UK. Naw Sherlock. Good job. :tu:

Many companies own other companies or have multiple subsidiaries within them. Choose to misinterpret what I said as much as you want. It is still correct. Me personally, I buy from the UK site which would directly benefit and support the UK, that money is not going to America to stimulate the economy there which is what I meant by separate.

Carry on with your hole and peg or whatever you are going on about :rofl: And feel free to twist my words some more just because you didn't understand. Have at it. <3

Hahahahahahahah, okay hun. You do you, boo.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

this thread went from 0 to 100 what the fuck. i just wanted to read about ppl's favorite products not flame wars lmao

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

timesnewroman wrote:this thread went from 0 to 100 what the fuck. i just wanted to read about ppl's favorite products not flame wars lmao
Agreed. I can't believe people get attacked on a Lush topic :roll:

LurkLurkLurk43
Learner
Learner

Post by LurkLurkLurk43 »

I can, the Lush forums used to be insane.

Personally, I do think they are overrated. I like the bath bombs and bath melts as a treat, but can't use any of the bubble bars (SLS) or the solid shampoos (same reason, which annoys me because I'd like to have a solid shampoo for travel) and all of the skincare products I've tried have been "meh" ranging to "get this off my skin!" - certainly not worth the price. (I don't know why everyone loves Dream Cream, my skin HATES it.)

Plus, they've kind of gotten too far into the gimmicky perfumed bath stuff for my preference, like Snow Fairy and similar stuff that is scented with fragrance and loaded with artificial color and what is natural about pink shower gel that smells like bubblegum, exactly? Especially the bath bombs - they seem to have more now that focus on doing interesting things or pretty colors over having useful ingredients that help the skin. If I'm paying that much for a single use product I want a spa effect, not just pretty water.

That said, products I have/do like:

Lemony Flutter cuticle butter - I have no idea why, but this is the only thing I've found that helps when my hands start cracking. I massage it on at night, put on cotton gloves, and my hands are much better in the morning.

Dreamtime bath melt - I think they just reformulated, but the old one I'm used to (creamy colored bar with stuff in it) does have a very nice calming relaxing smell. (They used to make a massage bar with this scent also and I loved that thing.)

Snowcake soap - my skin doesn't actually like their soaps (too drying) but I buy a piece of this every year and cut it up and tuck it into the boxes for my holiday cards and decorations, so when I open them up the next year there's a nice smell. (Oddly, the Smitten hand cream did not smell at all the same to me.)

Massage bars - I have to be careful with these because the cocoa butter will make me break out if I get it on my face, but they work great for travel as solid lotion.

King of Skin - I've used this as a solid lotion too, and my skin likes it better but it does have a bit of an odd scent. (To give credit where credit is due, there was a period of about six months when my skin was just psoriasis all over and to shower I'd use shower gel on the stinky parts like pits, then use the Aqua Mirabilis scrub bar gently all over as "soap", rinse, then apply KoS to damp skin as a moisturizer and leave it on. I ended up greasy but at least my skin didn't feel like it was on fire. I've since found stuff that my skin seems to like better, but Lush did help then.)

Aqua Mirabilis the old bath melt - gone, but I loved it. (I keep meaning to get the body bar and try cutting it up and using pieces as a bath melt.)

Oatifix fresh face mask - I could probably mix up something similar myself, but if I want to go totally lazy spa day, my skin likes this one and there is no prep involved. Just get it out of the fridge and apply. :)

I do also still do Lush for gifts - a bath bomb or bath melt can be a nice treat as it is the kind of thing that most of my friends and family wouldn't buy for themselves but might have fun with the once, and they are more reliable for quality and scent than random etsy people, so I don't have to worry about giving someone a dud. (I don't have any bath bomb type stuff etailers I really like ATM.)

The other nice thing was that back in the day when I lived in England, Lush UK were very generous with samples by mail, which was very helpful for me since I had limited local stores where I lived. I dunno if they still do that, though.

chriskeller
Learner
Learner

Post by chriskeller »

LurkLurkLurk43 wrote:Personally, I do think they are overrated. I like the bath bombs and bath melts as a treat, but can't use any of the bubble bars (SLS) or the solid shampoos (same reason, which annoys me because I'd like to have a solid shampoo for travel) and all of the skincare products I've tried have been "meh" ranging to "get this off my skin!" - certainly not worth the price. (I don't know why everyone loves Dream Cream, my skin HATES it.)
Try the shampoo bars from JR Liggett's; they're amazing and around $4 at vitacost.

likeclockwork
Learner
Learner

Post by likeclockwork »

Totally agree. I used to love LUSH but now that the prices are so ridiculous I just can't spend such a ridiculous amount of money on, well, basically just a 'nice bath' for the evening.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Kendalll wrote:
Kendalll wrote:Please do not give out medical advice when you are not anyone's personal doctor and it could be harmful :tu:

Not sure why my post about accutane has been changed when I was recommending a drug you can only get through a doctors anyway.... obviously i meant for people to go to the doctor for it ffs. (accutane)
Yeah wtf? She was just recommending a product not giving out medical advice. Besides, I am sure everyone on GG knows by now to do their own research and go to doctors considering Gurus shell out medical advice like they have a PhD

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

I love lush and reasons are:

Ethics and values
Seasonal goodies (Yes I'm one of those people haha)
Products that work and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin

I'm a big fan of the big shampoo ;) my husband's favourite is the rub rub rub. Personally I break my bubble bars into a few pieces so it lasts longer, and I tend to buy a relatively big box of goodies every few months and it lasts me ages, so although it's expensive initially I find in the long term it's not really. If that makes sense. There's nothing better than taking a relaxing lush bath. I also love their solid bar shampoos, and the chocolate face mask is amazing. Big fan of their stuff.
Please bear with me, English is my second language

Return to “Lush”