Tone It Up Nutrition Plan Reviews?

smorespup
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Tone It Up Nutrition Plan Reviews?

Post by smorespup »

I was just wondering if any of you have had any experience with the Tone It Up nutrition plan. I've read a few success stories and it seems to be a good program, but I'm just wondering if it's worth the money ($150). Do you think there are comparable methods to getting fit or do you think this nutrition plan really stands out?

Disclaimer: I'm not looking for a miracle diet/exercise plan or anything, I've just heard a lot of people rave about it and I'm wondering if it's truly worth the money.

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Re: Tone It Up Nutrition Plan Reviews?

Post by fantasy »

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would spend so much money on a nutrition plan when all the info they give you is already available on the internet, you just have to do some research. I have heard rave reviews on the TIU plan too, but I wouldn't spend my money on something I can easily get for free.

thereshegoesagain
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thereshegoesagain »

I agree. It's far too much money for information you can gather yourself. Just eat clean and work out. If you want to follow a plan I believe blogilates has something similar on her website - for free!

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

From everything I've heard, a lot of the plan is just common sense, and if you know anything about nutrition at all, it is a waste of money.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Did anyone hear that these girls are getting their own reality show on Bravo? It starts in January.

fondueofyou
Informer
Informer

Post by fondueofyou »

I've considered purchasing their plan because they offer so many different plans for people with gluten allergies and vegetarians but I never got around to it because although I've heard success stories, I also hear people say it's very low-calorie and something (like others have said) that's pretty common sense. Blogilates (on Youtube as well) just announced she's coming out with a 12-week diet plan for meat eaters and vegans and it's going to be available free so I'm looking forward to that.

I heard about the reality TV show as well! I think I'll definitely watch it. Although I've actually never done their workouts because I feel like their workouts our for toning up and not really melting away fat/cardio, I do keep up with their instagram/announcements because I admire their friendship!

fondueofyou
Informer
Informer

Post by fondueofyou »

fondueofyou wrote:I've considered purchasing their plan because they offer so many different plans for people with gluten allergies and vegetarians but I never got around to it because although I've heard success stories, I also hear people say it's very low-calorie and something (like others have said) that's pretty common sense. Blogilates (on Youtube as well) just announced she's coming out with a 12-week diet plan for meat eaters and vegans and it's going to be available free so I'm looking forward to that.

I heard about the reality TV show as well! I think I'll definitely watch it. Although I've actually never done their workouts because I feel like their workouts our for toning up and not really melting away fat/cardio, I do keep up with their instagram/announcements because I admire their friendship!
their workouts are* not our ugh

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

I think I am going to watch their show too. I've been finding them to be pretty fun to watch on YT lately, and I do like their workout a lot.

dolly
Learner
Learner

Post by dolly »

It looks like a lot of money for a plan basically made up of common sense.

I used an extremely strict rigid plan after I had my daughter and I lost 30lb in a month, losing 12lb in the first week alone. This is obviously not recommended for long term weight loss but its a kick start shock plan that gives great results if followed for just a short period of time. I can PM you my plan if you are interested :)

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

ITA. I think you can figure out the basic foundation of their plan online for free anyway! I wouldn't pay $150 for it that's for certain.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Did anyone watch their new reality show on Bravo this week?

MsBuckingham
Talker
Talker

Post by MsBuckingham »

I'm a Tone it Up member so I've got the plan (I have the omnivore/regular version so I don't know if there's different content in plans catering to different diets). I like my plan and I like being a TIU member. It's a lifetime membership and I wanted to support the brand because they give so much of their content for free which I've enjoyed for many years. It is not, however, revolutionary. It's common sense. I learned a lot from it but that was at a time when I hadn't read all that much about nutrition. The recipes are okay but you can find similar recipes online, on their blog or on healthy living blogs. I've made a few from the different plans (we are sent seasonal editions too, on top of the regular plan). They turn out alright usually.

Basically: water, veggies, lean protein, fruit, whole grains - in that order.

I've watched the first episode of their show and no surprises here. It made me realise just how regularly I follow them on their different platforms as practically none of the content was new.

fondueofyou
Informer
Informer

Post by fondueofyou »

I watched their first episode and while I don't think it will be renewed for a second season, I enjoyed it. I really like Karena and Katrina. I think their personalities are really fun and the show wasn't anything special - but I still watched the entire episode.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

They mentioned millions watch their videos but not one of their videos have reached over the million count and they don't even have a million subscribers.

Whoever filmed the show used a formula that has been used on so many other shows. I felt like I was watching a repeat of some other show that I can't remember but with fitness content. Why were they even offered this show?

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Sorry for double posting but I think a big problem with why the show is so boring is because they filmed it such a long time ago. People knows what happens to their injuries and that they don't live together anymore. They play up the dumb girl act and it's annoying. The person who is the worst at faking it is the Kat's finance. He's so over dramatic when he speaks and his body language.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

I think their plan is good for people who need the structure of a plan. People talk about eating clean and working out like it's simple, but clearly thousands of people struggle to do that and could probably benefit from some sort of guideline.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

I wish that they weren't so over-sexualized in their videos all of the time. We get it. You have amazing bodies. We don't need to see close-ups up your bare butts in thong bikinis! :lol: I like their show, but I agree that it is kind of boring and won't get renewed. I think they only filmed 8 episodes but I could be wrong.

alysse011
Talker
Talker

Post by alysse011 »

emmygues wrote:Sorry for double posting but I think a big problem with why the show is so boring is because they filmed it such a long time ago. People knows what happens to their injuries and that they don't live together anymore. They play up the dumb girl act and it's annoying. The person who is the worst at faking it is the Kat's finance. He's so over dramatic when he speaks and his body language.
:lol: this is so true. I only watched part of the first episode and you could really tell he was putting on for the cameras.

I like TIU for the free fitness routines and I am currently following their 100 by Valentine's Day workouts, but I really don't like how the two of them are playing so dumb for this show. To me, that completely goes against their supposed message. Strong and sexy women don't dumb it down. I'm annoyed that they're giving in to such a negative stereotype.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

:lol: this is so true. I only watched part of the first episode and you could really tell he was putting on for the cameras.

I like TIU for the free fitness routines and I am currently following their 100 by Valentine's Day workouts, but I really don't like how the two of them are playing so dumb for this show. To me, that completely goes against their supposed message. Strong and sexy women don't dumb it down. I'm annoyed that they're giving in to such a negative stereotype.[/quote]

I actually really dislike the ToneItUp videos and their marketing. How weird is that Kat's own brother has to film her butt for some of the videos. I hate how they always call their workout moves something different when it's really just a side plank or it's a deadlift. Or how they NEVER emphasis proper form especially during deadlifts because they have to maintain this perfect beachy image.

Then they overcharge their nutrition plan which is basically just the Eat Clean by Tosca Reno.

I don't know how they got this show. I really don't. They may be two pretty girls but beyond that, they haven't done anything that's been extraordinary.

I'm starting to believe that theory that they just answered a call ad for two fitness girls to headline a fitness company.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

dolly wrote:It looks like a lot of money for a plan basically made up of common sense.

I used an extremely strict rigid plan after I had my daughter and I lost 30lb in a month, losing 12lb in the first week alone. This is obviously not recommended for long term weight loss but its a kick start shock plan that gives great results if followed for just a short period of time. I can PM you my plan if you are interested :)
Can you please tell me what your plan is? I'm curious.

Return to “Diet”