Losing Weight

Winter song
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Losing Weight

Post by Winter song »

Long story short, I have a little extra chub to my body that I want to get rid of. I weigh 105-108 lbs (I want to emphasize I don't care about the number but rather how my body actually looks) but I totally have that 'skinny fat' look to my body and especially my lower stomach, in the 'pouch' area. I naturally gain weight there first and I have tried to get rid of it mostly through exercise and although the rest of my body starts coming along fantastically, I always look super bloated. My diet is 50% healthy and 50% total shit.

I have tried to go 'clean' twice before but have a weak spot for salty carbs. I want to hear your experiences or any tips on losing the fat without totally giving up my favorite foods since I hear losing fat is mostly diet.

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Re: Losing Weight

Post by thrillah »

Well "abs are made in the kitchen" -- no matter how much you work out or how many crunches you do, you wont get a flat / defined stomach unless you eat right! That doesn't mean you cant enjoy your favourite foods though, just enjoy them in moderation.

Next week set yourself a goal to eat 60% healthy and 40% junk and then the week after 70% healthy and 30% junk and so on (try and substitute the junk for the healthiest option where you can too). When you crave bad food try having a glass of water - a lot of the time it will subside after that. Educate yourself on what is really in the crappy foods, and you may find yourself put off all together.

If you don't already, start having green tea everyday -- that'll help with the bloating. Obvious one but try to cut out refined and processed EVERYTHING, switch to wholemeal/whole wheat and cook what you can from scratch. If you cant always find the time, cook in advance and keep in the fridge for later. Sometimes dairy and gluten can cause bloating so experiment with that andddd if the craps not in the house... you cant eat it haha!

Combine all of that ^^ with as much cardio as you can... like HIIT, running or something as that's the best way to lose the body fat and flatten out your tummy. remember that it wont happen overnight so don't feel disheartened or give up when you don't see results right away! :)

Decayedbeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Decayedbeauty »

You weigh 108. Don't mess with a crap ton of cardio or dieting. Do weights to tone everything up, that's why you look skinnyfat

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Post by thrillah »

everyone should be doing cardio and its necessary for achieving a flat stomach. Just eat enough GOOD calories to compensate. simples.

Winter song
Informer
Informer

Post by Winter song »

Thanks a lot ladies! I will definitely try to slowly transition my 'bad' foods to less often. I tend to think of myself as an extremist and am very 'all or nothing' but that's usually what makes me quit!

Like I said, I have done my share of exercise in the past and it was mostly weight training with light cardio. Even if I'm totally toned, including my upper abs, I still have a little extra meat below my belly button.

Hopefully I can update this thread with success :P

Return to “Diet”