Our2ndlife Part 2

allylily
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Our2ndlife Part 2

Post by allylily »

doesn't surprise me at all they smoke. I mean it's LA haha. but that also reminded me of a vine I saw a whiiiile ago, when they were shooting the music video for ordinary, someone was filming the barn/shack whatever it was they used and you can hear Jenn in the background go "it smells like weed in here" lol
don't remember who posted it though. someone who was in the video, maybe even jenn herself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

[video][/video]

did trevor just pull a joey?

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

I think so. I would sort of side-eye him if it weren't meant as a coming out statement, and he just did it for ~the story~. Good for ha tho.

NoControl
Learner
Learner

Post by NoControl »

Good for Trevor, and I kind of like his music.

--

Did anyone talk about this comment Ricky made a while back on thatsojack's coming out video? Someone commented saying it was Ricky's turn, and Ricky said this:
i have nothing to come out about, ive never once labeled myself and i still dont, ive just always been me. my sexuality isn't even a big part of my life at all like its never once defined me i dont even want to date anyone at all right now I'm so happy being single at this point in my life like i dont even really ever think about dating/love/sex/etc and it shouldnt even concern anyone really
"ive never once labeled myself" is a lie though, seeing as he flat out said he was straight in at least one video.

NoControl
Learner
Learner

Post by NoControl »

Good for him, and I kind of like his music. Oops.

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

NoControl wrote:Good for him, and I kind of like his music. Oops.
so do i lol. echo was my jam and i really like this new song. :D

Teemy_W
Learner
Learner

Post by Teemy_W »

[tweet][/tweet]

This pretty much confirms that he's gay. There's no other way to interpret this.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

(Sites finally working yay!) I thought it was much better than Joey's. All be it I think that Joey is a moron so that might be the reason... I'm happy for him. There were a few comments that sort of disturbed me on the video though about how Shane Dawson is an LGBT role model now but still... I'm happy for Trevor. Saying it without saying it. I'm sure he will eventually make a video though.

I guess that leaves Ricky?

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

I like Trevors new song. He's a lot younger than Joey and Shane, so it's cooler that he was brave enough to come out. I like that he didn't do some dramatic "coming out video" or something. He obviously had the idea that everyone knew. Hopefully Ricky owns up now.

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

[youtube][/youtube]

I know no on here needs convincing, but around the 2:30 mark of this video pretty much confirms Ricky's sexuality for me. The way he wrapped his lips round that pepper say its all :rofl:

tiara107
Learner
Learner

Our2ndlife Part 2

Post by tiara107 »

I don't really keep up with them that much, but I've noticed that Kian and JC are doing a month of collabs. I've noticed they have collabs with the former O2L members. What's curious to me is why they didn't just film an O2L collab with all of them in one video, or maybe they did and is keeping it a secret?

Edited for spelling

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

About Trev coming out:
I love the peeps in O2l and after buying and watching the documentary (boring but cute- glad I was in my rickydicky stage when I bought this and not my connor franatic stage since ricky and trev are in the most while con is barely in it) it became pretty obvious to me that the littlest one, trev was gay when he was performing/singing and I swear he copied Britney Spears old dance moves to the letter (I’m old-well compared to their usual fans) so I can remember it distinctly since she was popular when I was a tween). I watched him only when he was in the other guys vids but I kind of always suspected it anyway.

The thing about peeps expecting Ricky to come out: (reflecting on my own bias and what it would mean for him with this constant speculation)

I remember the 1st O2l vid I watched (the prank vid with rick as lead) was a few years ago (I think, I can’t remember) and I remember the 1st time I saw him I was like how can the other guys not tell he is so gay, he even talks sooo gay. He just had something about him that made me think he was trying to so hard to be/look cool, so I found him a lil grating when I first watched him.

TBH when I first watched those guys I thought they were cute but prob douchey since they kind of reminded me of ppl I actually knew in high school and my little brother’s friends with the way they dressed and talked. The other guys just didn’t seem like the type to be friends when they are so obviously straight (little did I know) or be the type of cool kids that are only friends with certain ppl to make fun of them……now I know they are all adorable weirdos after watching many more of their vids and I actually like Ricky the most now after seeing how sweet and non-judgmental he is, plus he is pretty enjoyable to watch.

But I think from watching him so many of his vids it’s actually not as obvious as I used to think it was, he could be straight or maybe Bi for all I know, but I don’t really care either way, since it I don’t watch him content because I imagine his as a gay bff but because I enjoy watching him.

From what I can tell he is very big on setting a good example and I’m pretty sure his family is very Christian so maybe he is out to everyone but his family so he can’t go public with so I can understand that. I mean it’s up to him whether he wants to make it a “public thing” or not and I don’t think people are entitled to know everything about certain private matters just because they are a bit of a public commodity (while I would love to be rich, being famous makes it so not worth it since ppl start expecting/feel entitled to so much(and I’m naturally going to want to rebel and do the opposite because it’s just my personality), judge your every move, etc).

I have noticed a lot of his friends are gay (or I’m assuming they are), so I know he doesn’t have an issue with it, but it does make me suspect him…but it could also be you act like who you were around since he used to not act that way (or now he’s comfortable enough to be himself) but he is still sometimes awkward around girls and I usually think gay guys are much less awkward around girls since they have less to worry about with them, but maybe that’s just me being biased again.

I think right now he is in a catch-22: if he did come out certain people would say he’s only doing it for blah, blah, blah, or why does it matter and other people are like why won’t he come out when it’s obvious (I don’t consider it OBVIOUS because I believe in definitive proof, but highly suspect). He can milk it and gain fans if he wants someday but it’s his choice if he wants to “sell” his private information for publicity.

On the flip side He could also technically lose a lot of rabid fangirls too as he is the sweetest out of O2l with the fans, so if any have delusions of getting one of them, I would assume the younger ones would think he’s the one they could most likely “catch” and he seems to be a pretty good one based on what I’ve seen. He’s also a bit sensitive and I don’t know how much hate he gets now but I think he’d rather not be embroiled in anything that would make more “haters”(the kind of people who enjoy picking/tearing other people apart despite flimsy/invalid/stupid reasons to help themselves feel better/stronger/like they matter, etc) come at him.

TLDR: Maybe Ricky wants to keep his private life private if he is( or maybe he actually isn’t gay or is only Bi) and in my book that is a valid enough reason to not say anything. There are enough advocates/out ppl that at this point it doesn’t really matter whether or not he says anything about it.

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

I personally think Ricky has underlying issues and is more asexual than gay. I also thought that about Joey Graceffa though. Ricky just seems very childish and I can't see him dating or being comfortable cohabitating with someone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

ohnok wrote:I personally think Ricky has underlying issues and is more asexual than gay. I also thought that about Joey Graceffa though. Ricky just seems very childish and I can't see him dating or being comfortable cohabitating with someone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I actually like how childish he is, he's my replacement child right now since I'm too scared to have a real one right now although my clock is starting to tick.

And Yeah, he did once say in a vid he was a virgin (which may or may not be true) which I found a bit weird as his family seems religious but he doesn't. Or maybe it's cuz he's not one of the hypocrite/judgmental types and has only picked up on the good things and not the bad.

Teemy_W
Learner
Learner

Post by Teemy_W »

[youtube][/youtube]

What the hell did I just watch?

galaxy_stars
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by galaxy_stars »

Teemy_W wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

O_O

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

Teemy_W wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

He’s definitely acting over-the-top, but that’s because he tries to appeal to kids and what he’s advertising is supposed to be for kids too. Jim Carrey was my favorite actor when I was a kid because of that over-exaggeratedness so I think it was more calculated than actual just let me be crazy adhd in a video.

I feel like Connor wants a more mature young adult audience, JC and Kian want a bit of an older audience (teenage) but Ricky seems to like to keep his videos very child-friendly most of the time.

I was wondering when he was going to start doing sponsorships though, I notice he barely has any in his vids for some reason or maybe I’m just watching the ones that are sponsorship heavy.

The analogy he gave for the end girl (being all the flavors combined) actually reminded me of (the old) O2L a bit, lol. Don’t know which flavor I would give each of them though. :/

galaxy_stars
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by galaxy_stars »

Since the split up, haven't heard much from these guys... I know jc & kian are doing some tour together? nice to see them still stick it out and got onto business.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

galaxy_stars wrote:Since the split up, haven't heard much from these guys... I know jc & kian are doing some tour together? nice to see them still stick it out and got onto business.
The only one that really seems to have disappeared completely is Sam. Which isn't shocking, I think he was only ever in it for the money and I get the impression that they were all pretty over him in the end. Ricky also seems to be slowly fading. I'm sick of youtubers coming out for the sake of getting a surge of views (and lets not kid ourselves several did) but Ricky might want to consider coming out as something. His viewers are getting older and his looks and talent are non-existent... :?

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

deltanu2 wrote:
galaxy_stars wrote:Since the split up, haven't heard much from these guys... I know jc & kian are doing some tour together? nice to see them still stick it out and got onto business.
The only one that really seems to have disappeared completely is Sam. Which isn't shocking, I think he was only ever in it for the money and I get the impression that they were all pretty over him in the end. Ricky also seems to be slowly fading. I'm sick of youtubers coming out for the sake of getting a surge of views (and lets not kid ourselves several did) but Ricky might want to consider coming out as something. His viewers are getting older and his looks and talent are non-existent... :?
The guys+Sam
The guys are obviously not as close anymore but it happens, people grow apart and even though they all had relatively the same experience, they handled it in different ways. I remember Kian answering a fan question and saying 2013 was a “horrible hell year” (something to that effect) and I feel that was when they were really starting to get popular.

I have no idea what was going on behind the scenes but I do remember a time when they all were more innocent and starry eyed/really into it (which is why their old videos will always be my favorite). I feel like they prob experienced “the dark side of fame” and sort of just lost a bit of interest in it, as I can see certain things getting to them especially when they’re young and still finding themselves. ] It can prob be quite a lot to everything you do open to criticism (which is why I will never begrudge a person their money/fame because if I ever lost my privacy I would totally lose my sh*t, so however they handle it, it would probably be better than I ever would).

I actually saw some really old vids with Kian and Sam and I feel like they used to be so much closer and had fun making them. I read in a couple of comments that apparently Sam didn’t try as hard as the other guys or there was some drama with a girl, but from the few vids I watched of him I didn’t really see anything that bad..in fact I liked them...I feel like one of those issues probably made him lazy/unmotivated and the reason he tours so much could prob just be for the money, but I could also see it being because that’s where the most devoted/most supportive fans are as well and I can understand only wanting to focus on the good part,and not on the bad part (even though it isn’t realistic in the long run...sooner or later even old vids won’t be enough to pull ppl)

Talent/attractiveness is all relative depending on the person (and I’m no esteemed critic)
When I compare most people in entertainment I feel like they’re def more attractive than the average person (esp body wise) I see but they are definitely not the most beautiful. To me I find Ricky awkward cute , and him and Connor tend to bring out a more “maternal/protective” vibe in me for some reason.

I think his lisp is adorable but my friend once said something about how a lisp wouldn’t look adorable on a “grown man” and I can see that, but I don’t know if I will honestly keep that up to date with his career to see that. All men all always have a bit of “little kid” in them no matter what, and even though he acts childish at times, I don’t consider it in a bad way.

Sometimes I do have to admit he looks like he came out of a 90’s cartoon or tv show (especially with what he dressed like, esp in the more “olden days”) but I can feel a slight spark/attraction for him as I find him endearing and adorable in his own quirky way. All the O2l guys are really sweet to their fans (from what I’ve seen) but he’s definitely the sweetest and most appreciative and I find that attractive.

I think most people think of attractiveness in looks but personality and the way a person make you feel matter just as much if not more than just physical looks...otherwise why would people find singers/comedians/etc so sexy? It’s not just about what they do, but the feeling you can get with them doing what they do. Offtopic: I remember being so hot for this one this one guy until he spoke to me (literal def of f*ckboy before I even knew that word exists) and one sentence made me go from attracted to repulsed….

I feel like most youtubers have a charismatic quality that gets people hooked and makes them feel at least amused and that requires talent TO ME ANYWAY (I have the “talent” of turning people off by being too “tactless/blunt”- so I’m impressed on people who are intuitive since I completely lack that skill apparently).

Honestly all popular youtubers will start to fade. Anyone that even makes it up to “mainstream entertainment” will usually have a bell curve type of career and I think the O2l reached their peak a while ago. Most of them seem to be diversifying (esp Connor) which is the smart thing to do as it’s not good to put all your eggs in one basket. The fame might not last, but the money can if they save/invest it right. No matter what they do, I’m sure there will people that support them, even because of the way they made them feel in the past so as long as they hold onto themselves and can handle it, I think fading isn’t necessarily a bad thing. We have a million new choices every second (esp on YT) so it’s just the way the wind blows.

Return to “Our2ndlife”