Shane “this is my favourite video EVER” Dawson (Part 11)

Branola
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Shane “this is my favourite video EVER” Dawson (Part 11)

Post by Branola »

mermaid vic wrote:if he filmed shit that actually made sense and stuck to whatever series plot he had it wouldn't be so hard to edit. From the crap we've seen Andrew just turns the camera on and films everything and things that just don't make sense for the series to film like the Garrett Morgan ice cream thing? how does that play into the series at all? or Morgan crashing into things? Ryland saying the g or my Guccis for the 100th time? David dobrik comparison again but he films specific things that make sense and are entertaining and late cuts it down to his 4:20 time he doesn't go around filming every second he's with his friends.
It's super annoying that we can't even give him constructive criticism on twitter because his stans see it as an attack on him personally. I've watched his channel literally from his start on youtube and this is the worst it's ever been.
I 100% agree with you, but actually David has mentioned (and I think various friends of his have too) that he films almost constantly, like he has hours of footage to go through sometimes, which actually makes his consistent uploading schedule plus him fitting it into the 4:20 content even MORE impressive!

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

mermaid vic wrote:double post sorry but god just give me a dying pizza galaxy video instead
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
Does this mean a collab? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

blssed
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by blssed »

shutupSIRI wrote:Have any of you done video editing before, or do you just sit around and talk out of your asses about people doing more with their lives than you are? I had to do it a few times for school and it takes fucking forever. It can take hours to get minutes done depending on what you're doing. I understand that his videos are not super intensively edited, but it's still going to take a while to edit what I'm sure was at least 20 hours of footage down to 3.5 hours because they have to watch it all back several times to figure out what to put in. I'm not defending his content itself because the last video in this Bunny series was literally awful, but they definitely spent a lot of time editing.

Also, he doesn't have to upload every day or week. It's up to him to determine this shit. He regularly posts about videos he's making, his twitter says stuff about working on a new conspiracy theory video and filming something with kathy griffin (EW no thanks can she stay the fuck out of my favorite channels please?) so even if he's not posting this week, he's still working on stuff.

Shane could spread his uploads out to once or twice a week, and regularly upload without ever missing a deadline, but he knows his fans are fucking rabid and want immediate gratification/will get more hype this way so he dumps a few at once a few days in a row.
oh please, go kiss his ass on twitter.

yungchi
Informer
Informer

Post by yungchi »

shutupSIRI wrote:Have any of you done video editing before, or do you just sit around and talk out of your asses about people doing more with their lives than you are? I had to do it a few times for school and it takes fucking forever. It can take hours to get minutes done depending on what you're doing. I understand that his videos are not super intensively edited, but it's still going to take a while to edit what I'm sure was at least 20 hours of footage down to 3.5 hours because they have to watch it all back several times to figure out what to put in. I'm not defending his content itself because the last video in this Bunny series was literally awful, but they definitely spent a lot of time editing.
Yep, I'm in my third year of film school. I know it takes a long time, I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm saying he has no right to act as arrogantly as he is. He needs to open his eyes and admit he is making VLOGS. Calling it anything more than a vlog is an insult to the industry.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I just don't get why he doesn't have a few pre-recorded videos saved so that he could upload at least ONCE a week. Just the shorter, fun videos like he used to do. I didn't mind the "let's make a cake out of everything" videos, just didn't want them Every. Single. Day. :rofl:

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

thehippiechick wrote:
mermaid vic wrote:double post sorry but god just give me a dying pizza galaxy video instead
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
Does this mean a collab? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Why is Kathy griffin making her rounds with the Youtubers?? I don’t really care for her, but has she really sunken that far down in her career that she has to film with these pseudo-celebrities to stay relevant? Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

I agree that most people on here are talking out of their ass and don't know shit about editing lol. But, regardless, it still doesn't give Shane the right to act all high and mighty with his work as if he's creating a masterpiece when really his videos are exactly like every other vlogger's videos..ever.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

You guys, cut him some slack.
He had to leave the house after all.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

NocteRegem
Talker
Talker

Post by NocteRegem »

shutupSIRI wrote:People complaining should try making weekly content for a few months so they can realize how difficult it is, but they still won't understand the pressures associated with having a rabid + demanding fanbase built up over 10 years.
1- you asked in another comment, and yes, I have done editing, and as mentioned many times, it's not that hard if you dont have many takes of the same thing, different camera angles, dont do any colouring... "He filmed a lot" is not an excuse, but part of the problem. Start filming what is important. And he didnt watch everything many times to select only the best, or we would end up with a scene that literally is the squad saying to Andrew that "i can put morgan's sunglasses" is great/funny, or seeing Garret taking a picture of Ryland holding a tray... very selective into what should be in the video right?

2- STOP PRETENDING THAT MAKING LOW QUALITY SIMPLE WEEKLY (not now apparently) VIDEOS IS THE HARDEST JOB ON EARTH. Only because what he does is seen by many people because he is "famous" doesn't mean it is the hardest job there is. That is delusional.
Things that people around me do that are harder:
-Finishing college
-going to college and working to pay for it
-working at a law firm and taking care of two kids
-doing a master in constitutional law and having to right quality paper and research
-high school
-practicing a concerto on the piano everyday to achieve the excellence required
I could find many other things, and please never compare what he does to what real actors, directors and editors have to do. They work very hard to have shane being put in the same category.
Now I'm in the ring and I'm coming for blood

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

I don't think YTers live in the real world in any capacity whatsoever. They've been spoiled by easy $$ and lots of opportunities.
I think also he's tired of doing YT videos and if he is just say so; it's not the end of the world. But excuses are lame and transparent.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

NocteRegem
Talker
Talker

Post by NocteRegem »

MissDelusional wrote:You guys, cut him some slack.
He had to leave the house after all.
Someday he will wear another tshirt and need 3 months to relax from the hard work.
Using only one shit is not cute. It's not like Steve Jobs or Michael Kors who wear simple tees to save time and always look great... His shirt has a pig, it's stupid, not funny, and probably dirty :roll:

NocteRegem
Talker
Talker

Post by NocteRegem »

NocteRegem wrote:
shutupSIRI wrote:People complaining should try making weekly content for a few months so they can realize how difficult it is, but they still won't understand the pressures associated with having a rabid + demanding fanbase built up over 10 years.
1- you asked in another comment, and yes, I have done editing, and as mentioned many times, it's not that hard if you dont have many takes of the same thing, different camera angles, dont do any colouring... "He filmed a lot" is not an excuse, but part of the problem. Start filming what is important. And he didnt watch everything many times to select only the best, or we would end up with a scene that literally is the squad saying to Andrew that "i can put morgan's sunglasses" is great/funny, or seeing Garret taking a picture of Ryland holding a tray... very selective into what should be in the video right?

2- STOP PRETENDING THAT MAKING LOW QUALITY SIMPLE WEEKLY (not now apparently) VIDEOS IS THE HARDEST JOB ON EARTH. Only because what he does is seen by many people because he is "famous" doesn't mean it is the hardest job there is. That is delusional.
Things that people around me do that are harder:
-Finishing college
-going to college and working to pay for it
-working at a law firm and taking care of two kids
-doing a master in constitutional law and having to write quality paper and research
-high school
-practicing a concerto on the piano everyday to achieve the excellence required
I could find many other things, and please never compare what he does to what real actors, directors and editors have to do. They work very hard to have shane being put in the same category.

Kmanning0977
Learner
Learner

Post by Kmanning0977 »

I find it hilarious that Shane calls out Bunny for living a fake life... hmmm sounds familiar doesn't it Shane? I need him to admit he is redundant in his film style and "so called editing". I'm usually 95% correct with predicting how his series will end. I love the conspiracy videos. However I can't take anymore of the "you guys this is the best thing I have ever made!" I HATE Ryland and Morgan. Hell although I knew he would screw over Lisa I would prefer to watch her over Ryland any day. Leave the squad Garrett they need you more than you need them. Stay tuned everybody the best thing Shane has ever made will be back in 2 to 4 weeks :rofl:

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

Also, he doesn't have to upload every day or week. It's up to him to determine this shit. He regularly posts about videos he's making, his twitter says stuff about working on a new conspiracy theory video and filming something with kathy griffin (EW no thanks can she stay the fuck out of my favorite channels please?) so even if he's not posting this week, he's still working on stuff.

Shane could spread his uploads out to once or twice a week, and regularly upload without ever missing a deadline, but he knows his fans are fucking rabid and want immediate gratification/will get more hype this way so he dumps a few at once a few days in a row.

Yes in fact I have spent a long time editing in the past for my youtube friends. Not sure why that has to be a requirement for us criticizing shane though. You mentioned you edited a few times for school so essentially you're admitting you're a beginner. Whereas Shane has been on Youtube for 10+ years and has had plenty of time to master editing. Once you get the hang of things it really doesn't take THAT long. At best maybe a day of work per video. But since this series was essentially a vlog I don't see that being the case.

I agree with you saying he could spread out his videos. I think our biggest concern is how sporadic it is. He doesn't have a schedule. He just uploads whenever he pleases and drags out his content now.

It's really frustrating

MissPrissyPriss
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by MissPrissyPriss »

In all fairness to this editing thing, if Andrew didn’t frantically try to film everything at once there wouldn’t be hours of crap to be watched and cut.
Same shit, different day

jhodge3409
Talker
Talker

Post by jhodge3409 »

I replied saying how I used to love Shane no matter what (because he seemed sweet) but I'm pretty much giving up on him and his channel, nothing too bad just honest feedback. And this weird account went the fuck off on me saying tv production is given so much respect and YouTubers should be given the same and the videos were spaced out because they need time to "breath". Its just so odd the argument and words they used I kinda think maybe Shane is using a fake account to make it seem like his fans agree with him... Idk I could be wrong but I just got a feeling. I looked at the account and they mainly follow other YouTubers and talk about YouTubers, I didn't see anything very personal. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

brokenheartxd
Talker
Talker

Post by brokenheartxd »

jhodge3409 wrote:I replied saying how I used to love Shane no matter what (because he seemed sweet) but I'm pretty much giving up on him and his channel, nothing too bad just honest feedback. And this weird account went the fuck off on me saying tv production is given so much respect and YouTubers should be given the same and the videos were spaced out because they need time to "breath". Its just so odd the argument and words they used I kinda think maybe Shane is using a fake account to make it seem like his fans agree with him... Idk I could be wrong but I just got a feeling. I looked at the account and they mainly follow other YouTubers and talk about YouTubers, I didn't see anything very personal. [img]<a%20class="vglnk"%20href="//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201805 ... 4a5d6d.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201805 ... ca73cb.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180519</span><span>/</span><span>383e947589d0919ac124bc26e94a5d6d</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][</span><span>img</span><span>]</span><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180519</span><span>/</span><span>fa77b34af7991f8fc26c758ed1ca73cb</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
WHAT THE FUCK THAT MAKES NO SENSE
(@ the tweet, not you lol)
TV networks don’t make the shows, the production companies they commission do. and as someone who works at a production company (reality actually) we need to have episodes done WEEKS before they air, and that just get first rough cut. That doesn’t include the producer cut, network cut, effects, color grading, sound design, etc that needs to be done before it’s delivered and aired.

Shane has absolutely no professional look to his vlogs. The footage is shaky and ungraded, the sound is shit (courtesy of the on camera mics as opposed to wireless mics), little to no effects, and so on. He has no excuse to take so long and have to keep postponing. This kinda shit is likely why his YT Red show got canned.

MissPrissyPriss
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by MissPrissyPriss »

His videos of late are just home movies imo.
Same shit, different day

shutupSIRI
Learner
Learner

Post by shutupSIRI »

I really fucking hope he doesn't start 'saving' other youtubers' channels now, regardless of how much effort I think was put into it it was really boring. I genuinely don't care about watching people with unfathomable amounts of money, rabid teenage followings and little creativity talk to each other about how hard it is to turn on a camera and talk. Like it's your entire fucking job, you make more money in a day than most of us make in a week.

Post by Guest »

Actually I’d love Shane making videos with other old school youtuber “royalty” from back in the day. But not to “save” them. Like if he’d just call it what it is, a collab, I’d like it so much more.

Return to “Shane Dawson”