I Subscribed to Jenna MarblezZzZz and All I Got Was A 10 Minute Nap Video - Part 11

MojoJoJo2
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: I Subscribed to Jenna MarblezZzZz and All I Got Was A 10 Minute Nap Video - Part 11

Post by MojoJoJo2 »

dew2 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:24 am
HarryStylin wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:35 am
It's so strange to see Jenna now vs Jenna I remember. From reading it's been this way for years. I remember a pre 2014 Jenna. A bright funny vibrant Jenna. A pretty blond Jenna. This Jenna now is a shell of that person.

Can anyone tell me when it happened? Or was it a gradual thing and slow morphing?

I see the points ppl have made in the pots I've read. The dysfunctional behavior she has with her dogs, in her appearance, in her overall behavior. And for the most part it seems accurate. Ppl are are pointing out what's clearly there to be noticed. My question is what happened to Jenna?

I think a lot of things have contributed to Jenna's personal decline, which has somehow been both gradual and fast. She seems to have untreated or poorly treated anxiety or depression or both. Also, her income is truly enough that she never has to leave her house; she could probably technically retire tomorrow or close to it, which has allowed for her to live a hermit-like existence. On top of that, she's too comfortable with Julien and seems to have a very low sex drive (they've made some awkward jokes and mentions of this in the podcast, I'm not making it up, lol) and just doesn't care about looking done-up or "sexy" like she once did (which I understand to an extent).

Oh, also, one of the biggest turning points for her was that car accident a few years ago. She was badly injured, traumatized, and ended up gaining a significant amount of weight after that since she couldn't work out.

And really, making the sort of videos she does, it's not surprising if she feels unfulfilled or empty, even if she's making bank from them and has a lot of fans. Her content is not intellectually stimulating to say the least. If she would quit Youtube and do something in the sports therapy realm like she originally planned, I honestly think she'd be much happier and feel more productive. She'd also have a reason to shower and wear real clothes, lol.

I think I’ve seen the most change in her after the car accident. She became very withdrawn and almost afraid of the world. I wish she would seek therapy, as there is likely still trauma around that event.

surfergirl+33
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: I Subscribed to Jenna MarblezZzZz and All I Got Was A 10 Minute Nap Video - Part 11

Post by surfergirl+33 »

It's just the weirdest thing to me to not see a hairdresser for THREE YEARS. "Oh my hair is so damaged, better just not cut it for three years so it grows back healthy" wtf where is the logic in that

justawful
Talker
Talker

Post by justawful »

Remember how they used to do videos of them going places - taking the dogs out or filming going places to pick up supplies for salon or crafts videos?

purple_lampshade
Learner
Learner

Post by purple_lampshade »

One of Julien's old vlogs popped up in my recommendations on youtube and so I kind of went down a rabbit hole of watching their old videos from 2016/2017ish and I really miss how they used to be. Their interactions with each other were WAY better than they are now, and they would actually go out places and joke around and laugh and have fun and be kinda flirty and it wasn't just them sitting in their house with Julien acting over the top and Jenna getting pissy.
I did see that video just got posted of Jenna doing the Cryo Chamber video like Julien did and I haven't watched it yet, but her hair outside of the hood she's wearing looks clean and nice and her makeup looks good too from what I can see in the thumbnail, and I'm excited to see Jenna outside of her house and interacting with someone

bleblah
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bleblah »

whats her main demographic now? Early Jenna was targetted towards 20+, it felt like she made videos to make her friends/herself laugh. Now it's like she's reluctantly aiming her content at kids

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ashleym »

This cryo thing her n julien did is so weird honestly. Like not attached to either of their brands at all. maybe julien thought it'd be good for jenna to break out of her shell? I see she's in shape now but still obviously self conscious because she has her arms in front her stomach a lot. The comments are saying its weird to see jenna outside her house lol

HarryStylin
Learner
Learner

Post by HarryStylin »

Thanks to those who responded to my question. I never knew about the car accident.

I sort of found this thread by accident as I saw it while following a couple other YouTubers. I was like how could Jenna have a hate thread, then I was saddened to see what ppl we're talking about. But not as shocked as when I went to watch Jenna again. It's painful to watch her now because I remember someone so different. I remember a bubbly happy vibrant person and this is a husk of that person.

I wonder if her YouTube fame has become a trap. Is she able to really DO anything else? With her fame it seems like if she tries to do anything else she is too recognizeable as the Jenna Marbles.

I also wonder if her hermit like existence is a result of the fame. Is she able to go out in public and do anything like a normal person? She's one of the OG YouTubers and what she has achived is seen as the dream but she's clearly not living a dream.

I'd really like to see her make a mental health video and talk about how YouTube and her fame has negatively impacted her life. I can't imagine the long term effects of inviting the internet public into your life and the results of being viewed and talked about on the level she has lived for the last decade. I do think the healthy thing would be to leave YouTube, retire, and reclaim her private life. But at this point doing so also means losing everything. Also how can she? If she tries to do something else she's immediately recognized as Jenna Marbles. When asked about her work history and experience all she has is Jenna Marbles. I do wonder if she feels trapped.

I feel bad for Jenna. I do see the things that are talked about in the thread but I also see a person suffering. A lot of the dog stuff that's talked about is true. She's not a pack leader and babies them. But she also clearly loves her dogs and they seem happy dogs who love their person as well. Honestly I don't know a single person that would qualify as a "good and proper" dog owner to the internet public. Most ppl are over indulgent with their pets and few people speak Dog or truly understand dogs. I mention this because Marbles is old and I wonder what is going to happen when he passes. For all the problemic behavior with the dogs she does love her dogs. But what's going to happen when Jenna loses her Marbles? And how will the internet respond?

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

ashleym wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:45 pm
This cryo thing her n julien did is so weird honestly. Like not attached to either of their brands at all. maybe julien thought it'd be good for jenna to break out of her shell? I see she's in shape now but still obviously self conscious because she has her arms in front her stomach a lot. The comments are saying its weird to see jenna outside her house lol

I actually didn't mind this. She's not being overly weird here except for the tarantula lashes. Refreshing to see, actually.

bishpuhlease
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bishpuhlease »

The podcast this week started off fine, but as soon as Julien tried to play the game with Jenna, she became an insufferable bitch. He was trying to cheer her on when she was getting every answer correct and her attitude went so sour. I understand being uncomfortable with praise, because I am myself. However when Julien had to actually ask her to stop getting so upset over nothing, it made me feel so bad for him. It was clearly a game he was excited about and Jenna was yet again being a downer. Especially when he was so excited about the Ben answer, noting it was someone he really liked and admired and owned products of, Jenna completely blew him off. She ruins the podcast for me repeatedly.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

bishpuhlease wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:48 am
The podcast this week started off fine, but as soon as Julien tried to play the game with Jenna, she became an insufferable bitch. He was trying to cheer her on when she was getting every answer correct and her attitude went so sour. I understand being uncomfortable with praise, because I am myself. However when Julien had to actually ask her to stop getting so upset over nothing, it made me feel so bad for him. It was clearly a game he was excited about and Jenna was yet again being a downer. Especially when he was so excited about the Ben answer, noting it was someone he really liked and admired and owned products of, Jenna completely blew him off. She ruins the podcast for me repeatedly.
Idk, I just listened to it and she didn't seem like an insufferable bitch to me. The game was really stupid. Guessing youtubers based on their twitter bios? That gets old very fast. I think it's kinda concerning that a man who's almost in his 30s can't have an adult conversation with another person without the need to play games in the middle.

justawful
Talker
Talker

Post by justawful »

If I had to put up with Julien's manchild BEPBEPBEP bullshit I would be depressed too.

Czarbucks
Debater
Debater

Post by Czarbucks »

ashleym wrote:

She looks compartively great here and almost normal. No beanie and she looks fit!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hunter-dan22
Learner
Learner

Post by hunter-dan22 »

ashleym wrote:

I don't think it's too off the ranch for Julien to promote/be in a video regarding cryo at the minimum, since he's been pretty open about using it for his shoulder injury in the past, and it showed up in his ju jitsu 'documentary' video so I could see him promoting it. Jenna's a different kettle of fish entirely just since aside from youtube and twitch she's not an active person when it comes to social media stuff like twitter aside from announcing videos and occasionally posting on instagram.

It's possible she also uses cryo, and it is the sort of new-age, slightly out there kind of thing she would go for (like her video about her hair years back where she said she was into the trend of not washing everyday and using coconut oil and ish) but there's no way of knowing since she doesn't really get into that sort of in depth stuff on videos these days.

as far as her target demographic goes, I think she could genuinely be struggling with how her age has changed her content. She's always made videos that were fun for her, and her friends/age group found it funny as a result. even older people found stuff that resonated That's what made her so fun. But when you get older some of the things you think are hilarious at 20 just... aren't any more (like when you were 15 year olds and thought the naked gun movies were hysterical). Maybe she got afraid that her getting older meant she wouldn't be funny to anyone anymore and she over-corrected, that would explain adopting all of the edgy 'who the f cares' behaviors and acting like a child more and more. maybe she just thinks she's too old to know what's funny these days and so is trying to act how she thinks current teens and 20 somethings enjoy rather than be herself.

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

bleblah wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:08 pm
whats her main demographic now? Early Jenna was targetted towards 20+, it felt like she made videos to make her friends/herself laugh. Now it's like she's reluctantly aiming her content at kids
Definitely aimed at kids, but to me it doesn't seem reluctant at all? If anything, she's reluctant to do her 'job' period but I don't think it has to do with her demographic shift since from what I can tell, she has the sense of humor of said demographic. She really just wants enough money to never have to show her face publicly ever again, whether that be real life or on the internet. I think that if she knew she had enough money to live her (sad) lifestyle until the day she died, she would never leave her backyard or upload another video ever again. Tbh if she didn't hate herself so much and knew how to be single she could cut Julien out (therefore cutting her bills in half) and do just that.

surfergirl+33
Informer
Informer

Post by surfergirl+33 »

She’s a serial monogamist for sure. I think we just didn’t see it as much with Max because they actually got out of the house and were active and did social things. I think Julien was a rebound and the age difference stunted her.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

She definitely got more fit! You can see it in that weird maroon pijama that she is wearing when she is building the kissing booth for her dogs.

Now, if oooonly someone would break into their house and get rid of ALL the items and other objects that could potentially be used as hats or beanies, maybe we could see some more progress!

Jenna, please Darling girl, get a haircut so you can get rid of the headgear.
Or maybe she gets lots of headaches? It could be, lots of people wear hats if they suffer from migraines!
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

ericka141
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ericka141 »

Is anybody else REALLY sick of dog content? I loved Jenna's earlier videos and podcasts, even from a year ago their podcasts were still great and had a lot of good banter. But now it's borderline unlistenable because 90% of it is spent talking about their dogs. I had to turn off the last few podcasts because the first 30 minutes were just chatting about their dogs and I'm sorry, but nobody cares that much about your dogs other than you. It's like when people have kids and are incapable of talking about anything else, and it makes me sad because I miss when she talked about other things besides her dogs.

cobraclogs
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cobraclogs »

I know we're on here to talk trash about gurus but I feel like y'all are looking a bit too deeply into things. The hats/beanies are her choice lol that's the least concerning thing here. Her channel content has definitely declined but I enjoy the dog content. She's definitely gotten older and is probably not sure what content to make. She could be going through some mental changes, it happens when you're transitioning into the next decade of life. I hope she's okay and if she needs to take a break she should. Or invest in real estate and have another source of income because either she'll burn out or her channel will. I don't think Julien is bad for her but she's definitely lulled herself into a security blanket (speaking from experience) where you don't want things to change and your partner isn't pushing you either. But maybe she's severely depressed and can't cope with the change right now either. Either way, I hope she's okay.

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

I swear to god...more dog videos?! No shame. I'm just going to say it, her life is sad.

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

ericka141 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:05 am
Is anybody else REALLY sick of dog content? I loved Jenna's earlier videos and podcasts, even from a year ago their podcasts were still great and had a lot of good banter. But now it's borderline unlistenable because 90% of it is spent talking about their dogs. I had to turn off the last few podcasts because the first 30 minutes were just chatting about their dogs and I'm sorry, but nobody cares that much about your dogs other than you. It's like when people have kids and are incapable of talking about anything else, and it makes me sad because I miss when she talked about other things besides her dogs.
🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️

I used to like her dog content when it was occasional and required actual effort. But now even I, the crazy dog lady, start to get sick of it. It just seems like she found a safe niche where she can film something with no prep or thought behind it and still recieve views and positive comments because people generally like dogs.
糞食らえ

Return to “JennaMarbles”