Jenna Basket(ballgametomorrow)Case Solomita (Part 5)

Re: Jenna Basket(ballgametomorrow)Case Solomita (Part 5)

Post by Guest »

I am in love with that podcast. I forgot how much I look up to her (we are near the same age and have quite a few other similarities as well).

No dumbass voices.
No dumbass memes.
No dumbass controlling crutch Julien.
No dumbass faces.

It was so refreshing. I know she won’t change because she’s far too obsessed with him, but I hope that the message was loud and clear from the comments... you can do things on your own! We want to see you do things on your own! You’re GOOD at doing things on your own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by monak »

Any idea what happened to their friend Brandon?

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Loved today's podcast, despite the unfortunate reasons Julien wasn't there. It was nice to see her by herself.

Did anyone else just assume that Julien did all of the editing for the podcast? I mean I know it doesn't require much, but it never even crossed my mind that it could have been Jenna editing it. I guess he still could have done it this week, but I doubt she'd expect/ask him to given what he's going through. Just a weird thought i had.
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

phoebeisbetter
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by phoebeisbetter »

WanderlustX3 wrote:Loved today's podcast, despite the unfortunate reasons Julien wasn't there. It was nice to see her by herself.

Did anyone else just assume that Julien did all of the editing for the podcast? I mean I know it doesn't require much, but it never even crossed my mind that it could have been Jenna editing it. I guess he still could have done it this week, but I doubt she'd expect/ask him to given what he's going through. Just a weird thought i had.
I'm pretty sure they have someone edit the podcast, I think they said it once? I could completely be mistaken though haha.

Anythingforviewss
Talker
Talker

Post by Anythingforviewss »

I really do wish all the best for Julien, but this is the first entire podcast I sat through since the Logan Paul one. I hope she realizes it doesn’t make you a bad gf to do your own thing sometimes

manu_voo
Informer
Informer

Post by manu_voo »

I hope this means we'll get another break from Julie on Thursday's video.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

revenga
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by revenga »

I was kind of expecting it to be 30/40 mins long, so I was surprised to see it was 1 hour!! I loved the podcast but it also made me sad because Jenna could still be this on her channel, but she is not...she is so co-dependent. Anyway, it was a step up from the previous video without Julien, at least she seemed to be enjoying herself. Also surprised that the dogs were absolutely calm!

VonTrappJediMaster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VonTrappJediMaster »

manu_voo wrote:I hope this means we'll get another break from Julie on Thursday's video.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
A girl can only hope

nevertameyourdemons
Debater
Debater

Post by nevertameyourdemons »

jesus, the podcast has almost 230k views on it already.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

nevertameyourdemons wrote:jesus, the podcast has almost 230k views on it already.
Wow! That's really awesome. I think that backs up what is discussed here. It is Jenna who brings in the viewers. She built her YouTube channel on her own. I think the majority of her viewers dont mind Julien. But in the end they are there to see her. I think that most don't express their desire for less Julien because they don't want to hurt his feelings and because they will get ripped to shreds for saying so. When was the last time she did anything that didn't involve him in some way? I hope the Thursday video is just her? I won't get motion sickness from the shaky ass "camera work".

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tadahhhhh »

It’s the first video of hers (and theirs) I’ve watched and enjoyed in a LONG time. She seemed really chilled and chatty, the dogs were happy and it was nice to hear her talk like a grown up for once. I’ll be so bummed when Julien returns, not gonna lie.

mashu
Debater
Debater

Post by mashu »

I too feel sorry for Julien but..really?

Silver soul
Debater
Debater

Post by Silver soul »

I HAD to watch atleast a bit of this podcast miracle.It's sad for Julien-I don't like him at all,but he's still human and I feel bad that he lost a friend.Something stood out to me though-Jenna saying that we have to "bear with her doing the podcast alone,since there's no Julien"-Girl,the majority of the subscribers watch for you and not him.It's like they feel pressured to always be together,hyper,cringy and doing weird meme-y stuff when her just sitting down and talking\ranting etc. about _______ is what got her so far.People liked her when she didn't act like a hermit baby and if fewer videos is what's gonna take her channel back to where it was,I'm more than ready to watch less of her [and Julien] but with a better quality. Sometimes she slips out how she feels obligated to act or be a certain way to please her viewers [and the teens,who just watch her,because "She's that chick that fks her hair\face\hands etc up and quotes memes with her creepstached boyfriend]
Also she looks gorgeous ,even if she's still wearing an oversized hoodie.
Not today,Satan,not today!
English isn't my first language and my autocorrect likes to go crazy! #excusethetypos

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Jenna “Codependent Hermit” Marbles

Hem848484
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hem848484 »

Jenna is at her best when she has to step up and be the caretaker. This is purely speculation on my part, but I wonder if the needy baby act is in part bc julien’s so much younger than her and it gives him a chance to feel like “the man” even though Jenna doesn’t REALLY need anyone to take care of her.

Hamil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hamil »

mashu wrote:I too feel sorry for Julien but..really?
IDK, I don't even like the guy that much and I nearly cried thinking about it, it's not that crazy one of his fans (*cringe*) would feel that bad for him. To be fair tho (tmi) I did just get my period sooooo...that's probably why I nearly cried.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

I got a little choked up for Julien and thinking about what he's going through. Doesnt mean I'm an obsessed crazed fan of his. Its just being sympathetic

Post by Guest »

I am 15 minutes into her solo podcast (the furthest I’ve ever gotten, so far) and already the energy is different.

The fact that she is so self-deprecating when it comes to her abilities is kinda sad. The dogs obviously love and respect her, hence their readiness to lie down and sleep on the desk in front of her. She is in control but she clearly doesn’t see herself as capable otherwise she wouldn’t be saying that Julien is the one they listen to.

I’m a bit annoyed that she isn’t allowed to use her little voice-changer when she wants to because Julien finds it annoying. Jenna didn’t make it as far as she did by suppressing her comedic timing so I’m not quite sure why she is allowing Julien to dictate when she can be funny or not. He doesn’t listen to her when she gets annoyed with his pedo-stache invading the frame during her videos, nor when he keeps doing the cough gag he stole from Ethan Klein (h3h3) so tell him to fuck off and you’ll do what you want.

I can see in the comments that people are fucking LOVING this podcast and asking for more of ones like it. Let’s hope she listens.

mashu
Debater
Debater

Post by mashu »

Idk, I guess you're right. It can hit a spot. :(

Post by Guest »

Wow, just saw his tweet. That’s rough.
I know there’s a lot of people who dislike him here but it’s nice to see that people are kind of acknowledging he’s going through a hard time (on another site I went to, someone’s mom could have died and they would have been like “oh that sucks but I still hate her fucking guts blah blah blah”)
Sucks about his friend. Explains Jenna’s somber attitude on the podcast. Maybe not the time or place but I’m curious how she’s gonna handle her Thursday video this week..

Return to “JennaMarbles”